[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

i've replaced the old config file with that new one. i just copied n pasted it in after deleting the old one. it's just a copied into a big block instead of all formatted, do i need to press enter n make it all neat and in line or will it still read. i'll tell u if it has worked.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've replaced the old config file with that new one. i just copied n pasted it in after deleting the old one. it's just a copied into a big block instead of all formatted, do i need to press enter n make it all neat and in line or will it still read. i'll tell u if it has worked.

No need to straighten up, my files are always messy because I copy and paste from an excel document. Should be okay, let me know.

it didn't work. i deleted it all & started again. the team files work fine (that i don't want lol) but the matchday stadium files (that i do want) just don't appear when playing a match. can you post a screenshot of your matchday stadiums working, all your screenshots are of the team screens? sorry bout all this lol

it didn't work. i deleted it all & started again. the team files work fine (that i don't want lol) but the matchday stadium files (that i do want) just don't appear when playing a match. can you post a screenshot of your matchday stadiums working, all your screenshots are of the team screens? sorry bout all this lol

to be honest the only place I use the stadiums is in the team info screen, like in a couple of the pics in the first post. Since fm2013 the 3d interface means they don't turn up on the match screen.

I have seen hints that they appear with some skins bit I'm not sure (figured this is what you were after). Sorry I can't be more help.

I

When you release an update will we need to re-download a huge pack, or will there be a v1.1 pack with updated images, etc?

Both options will be available. If you have time to re-download in full it would be better as I have to save images into a separate folder for the update version, there is a chance I could miss something. Should be fine though. I'm just uploading the update version to mediafire now, the full version will be tomorrow probably as it takes over an hour to upload.

Both options will be available. If you have time to re-download in full it would be better as I have to save images into a separate folder for the update version, there is a chance I could miss something. Should be fine though. I'm just uploading the update version to mediafire now, the full version will be tomorrow probably as it takes over an hour to upload.

Sounds good!

It would be a pain for you to do. Either go through all 1500 pics and rename them or edit the config file changing details for the 1500 pics...

Or I could modify my spreadsheet and upload you a config file that reverses which pictures each screen points to.

here you go. Copy this into the folder containing the images to overwrite the existing config file and it should work fine.

Much appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

I do prefer the interior picture.

Thanks again! :D

Edit: I did copy the file and overwrite the old config..but it still shows the exterior picture when i click on any team.

Much appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

I do prefer the interior picture.

Thanks again! :D

Edit: I did copy the file and overwrite the old config..but it still shows the exterior picture when i click on any team.

Did you try exiting and re-loading Football Manager. Seems to cache the images sometimes (even when you tell it not to...). I'll have another look tomorrow as I'll be issueing alternative config files for v1.1.

I have added complete topflight images for Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark (bit of a Nordic theme). Also I have re-visited the top five English leagues and replaced about half of the images.

There are also a handful of fixes including to the German Bundesliga (most of the stadiums were incorrect, probably a spreadsheet issue at some stage) as bella699 very kindly pointed out.

Version 1.1 is available now. Only as an update to version 1.0 but I will issue a full version to download at 1.1 tomorrow as well as the competition backgrounds as a separate download (I didn't get around to sorting these out).

Links are in the first post above.

How is the competition ones doing Andrew

There is a link up to the competition backgrounds. When I release version 1.2 I will include it with the update.

As a disclaimer, some of the competition backgrounds are good but some are a bit out of date. Bare with me and I will update as I go along.

The upload of the full 1.1 pack will be a while as it takes hours to compress and then upload to mediafire...

Because of the previous requests, I have created three extra config files that load the images on different screens in the game. If you wish to use one (please note they are a little ruff and ready) copy the zip file into the folder containing the images and extract. Click yes to overwrite the existing file.

Config file that retains the exterior image for team info screens but loads the interior stadium image for the squad and player screens

Config file that loads only the interior stadium images

Config file that reverses where the exterior and interior images are set to

Hi Andrew great job again, loving how you have updated some of the smaller Scandanavian countries. Sorry to be so picky but I have noticed that for the Altrincham stadium picture you have a picture of Exeter Citys ground. I only noticed this as I'm a Plymouth Argyle fan, so I know Exeters ground only to well unfortunately! Thanks again for the great update and all your hard work.

Hi Andrew great job again, loving how you have updated some of the smaller Scandanavian countries. Sorry to be so picky but I have noticed that for the Altrincham stadium picture you have a picture of Exeter Citys ground. I only noticed this as I'm a Plymouth Argyle fan, so I know Exeters ground only to well unfortunately! Thanks again for the great update and all your hard work.

Cheers Dazza, please do be picky! I want to make the pack as good as possible and it's good to have another pair of eyes on it. I think Iceland is my favourite nation I have done, I managed to find pretty decent pictures of very small teams.

I really like the Norwegian ones, some spectacular scenery around the stadiums. Any idea which countries you are going to work on next?

Glad you like them, I really enjoyed doing Norway particularily. I like having a bit of the local scenery involved to add character.

I want to do a bit of work on the English non-league. I'm going to sort out levels 6 and 7 next.

After that I'm going to do eastern europe. I'll probably start with the Czech Republic and Ukraine then do the balkan nations, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania etc. That will probably take me up to v1.2. After that I want to add a few of the leagues outside Europe, probably Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, US and Australia. I'll see if a whim takes me though :).

how do i get them to show the stadium photos when a game is playing all i can see is the 2d match view? thanks

That's exactly what I want. Matchday stadium backgrounds (interior) showing while a game is playing. eg. manager of man u with old trafford in the background on matchday.

Excellent I cant wait to see what you produce for the Eastern European countries! Ive noticed a strange one. Orebro from Sweden appear to have SC Bastia of France in the club information background. Cheers.

Yup, SC Bastia being plastered across the front of the stadium would be a clue. There was a typo on the CA Bastia entry on my spreadsheet, I've corrected now. Cheers

That's exactly what I want. Matchday stadium backgrounds (interior) showing while a game is playing. eg. manager of man u with old trafford in the background on matchday.

Probably the best people to advise would be the guys who create skins. It might be that that the screen in particular needs configuring to display the stadium image. I know you didn't get much of a response to your thread though.

I was gutted when the stadiums on the matchday screen were removed with FM2013. I thought it added atmosphere to the game to see the stadium where you are playing on the matchday. It was great to do a lower league challenge and see the size/quality of the stadiums improve while progressing up the leagues.

The competition backgrounds need updating as the sponsors are not latest i.e. Skrill for Blue Square,Budweiser for Eon,Sky Bet for nPower,Capital One for Carling.

Yeah, I've update a few now. I'm favouring using pictures of teams celebrating with the trophys (like in the World Cup image) now as opposed to just pictures of the trophies. I like my Champions League and Europa League pics though so am going to stick with them.

Did you try exiting and re-loading Football Manager. Seems to cache the images sometimes (even when you tell it not to...). I'll have another look tomorrow as I'll be issueing alternative config files for v1.1.

Thanks.

I will try downloading it again with the 1.1 update. :)

Hi Andrew - sure you're already on to this but competition pics a bit out of date, eg picture of Blue Square flag for the Skrill leagues, picture of Carling Cup ribbons for Capital One cup. KUTGW.

Yeah, It does need work. It's surprisingly difficult to get good images for though I've found. I've already updated the four top leagues in England for the next update.

<record from="arsenal-team" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/background"/> <record from="arsenal-stad" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114336/stadium"/> <record from="arsenal-team" to="graphics/pictures/club/602/background"/>

I have that in the config file for background images. this is just arsenal for e.g . do i need that part in bold, because surely the first two parts are the team & stadium?

<record from="arsenal-team" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/background"/> <record from="arsenal-stad" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114336/stadium"/> <record from="arsenal-team" to="graphics/pictures/club/602/background"/>

I have that in the config file for background images. this is just arsenal for e.g . do i need that part in bold, because surely the first two parts are the team & stadium?

The three parts load the image into different places. I only have 1 exterior image (-team) but it loads in two places. The 'team' code loads the image on the squad screen and for player background images. The 'club' code loads the image on the club info screen. The interior image is loaded into the 'stadium' code which shows as a small image on the club facilities screen. I've also seen this turn up as a background image when viewing an already completed game but seems to only work sporadically.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Skrill North and South are done now, also the Ismanthion Premier. The Ukraine Premier League is done and I am starting work on the Polish Ekstraklasa tonight. I'll probably give it a couple of weeks before I release another update. I want to get through a decent number of the Eastern European leagues and the Northern and Southern Premier Leagues.

I had a trip out with my son last week, as he's only six months old he's not too fussy about activities so I took him on a tour of some of the non-league grounds in Yorkshire. I took pictures which I have added to the pack of Guiseley, Farsley, Garforth Town, Harrogate Town and Harrogate Railway. I also got a decent picture of Elland Road.

when a download the full pack it stops and says failed the backround and competion pack have downloaded and update pack but any suggestions

I've PMed you a link using my dropbox account. Let me know if you still have issues.

When you have downloaded v1.1 Full, you should delete any of the other versions you have before extracting.

I tried this and really like it, but there is one problem.

With all the Skins i have tried, the panel which is on email inbox (reading messages panel) is too transparent, so the background images make reading email messages hard.

Anyone know where and how to adjust the transparency of that panel? I know it is in the skin files somewhere, but as i have not made any skins of my own, i have no idea where to look.

I tried this and really like it, but there is one problem.

With all the Skins i have tried, the panel which is on email inbox (reading messages panel) is too transparent, so the background images make reading email messages hard.

Anyone know where and how to adjust the transparency of that panel? I know it is in the skin files somewhere, but as i have not made any skins of my own, i have no idea where to look.

I'm not sure where this is myself but I recall a couple of months ago one of the skins had a discussion about it buried in the thread somewhere. Not sure which one though (so not much help really...)

Steklo has a transparency setting. There is an icon ingame that you can click to adjust the transparency of screen. I find this very helpful.

Have the latest competition logos been sorted yet m8? ,ie capital one cup etc etc,looks a good pack but wouldnt download until i knew that they were correct..

I have updated them for all of the English leagues/cups. This will be added in the next update. I think I will release v1.3 this week (probably Thursday) to update the competitions and the leagues I have completed so you will be able to get them then.

I'm not sure where this is myself but I recall a couple of months ago one of the skins had a discussion about it buried in the thread somewhere. Not sure which one though (so not much help really...)

Steklo has a transparency setting. There is an icon ingame that you can click to adjust the transparency of screen. I find this very helpful.

I have tested Steklo, but it seems that i failed to notice the transparency button. Isn't it usually on the top left corner?

Archived