Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question, has anyone who ordered from CJS, actually got up and running? Also have any of you who ordered from CJS, ordered from them before?

I have never ordered there myself, but I do know of a few cases where people got duped by CJS. For instance, ordering a key (and paying for it), and then getting an email saying that the key is out of stock.

For those that ordered their copy through G2Play: apparently, G2Play is sending the retail keys now. I received an email from them a few hours ago myself, titled "your order has been completed". However, the email was not accompanied by an actual key. It seems that more people are having this issue. I wrote on their FB page that I am having this issue too. I have just received a reply, saying that I should check my G2Play games library for keys. However, only the beta key is listed there. G2Play then asked me to contact their support team for further assistance. So I suggest everyone to do so as soon as possible, in order to fix our problem and finally get to playing FM.

• Administrators
For those that ordered their copy through G2Play: apparently, G2Play is sending the retail keys now. I received an email from them a few hours ago myself, titled "your ordered has been completed". However, the email was not accompanied by an actual key. It seems that more people are having this issue. I wrote on their FB page that I am having this issue too. I have just received a reply, saying that I should check my G2Play games library for keys. However, only the beta key is listed there. G2Play then asked me to contact their support team for further assistance. So I suggest everyone to do so as soon as possible, in order to fix our problem and finally get to playing FM.

Thanks for posting this here, it's appreciated.

Greetings to all mates is Singapore,

Just would like to check if anyone of you who has been successful in installing the game. I've not had the chance yet as i'm at my workplace now. If there's still no success, i'll need to call New Era, our distributor, to enquire.

Thank you.

ATTENTION:

For all FM players in Singapore, the region lock has been broken! I just registered my game this morning and it worked!

Thank you God. Thank you jobergchan19 for the great news. Thank you SI and SEGA for the great assistance.

Too bad i'm still stuck at work and cannot install the game. I really hope that i can have it install without a fuss when i head home later today.

Once again, thank you everyone. :thup:

Ok, this is my situation:

I bought the game from Nuuvem, so it's region locked. When I bought it, there wasn't any advice for the regional lock.

I contacted Nuuvem support, and they reject to arrange a refund. They also said that I have to find someone brazilian to sell him my key.

2-3 hours ago I contacted Sega support for explain my situation, but still not answer.

Please, SI and Sega, next year makes something more clear, without so many regional locks and 2 different keys.

The Nuuvem key has worked for me in Canada so perhaps you can find a buyer in North America for your key if it works in that region. Hopefully Sega can assist you though.

G2Play update: I am happy to say that I have just received another automated email from G2Play, this time with a new key. I have entered it, and it worked. When I clicked Next, it wanted to install the game, but nothing happened. I solved it by cancelling it, and then clicking on FM14 in the games library. The "Play" option should now be "Install". Click it, and everything should work as usual. I hope everyone else is receiving their working keys now as well. If not, contact G2Play support. But rest assured knowing that they are sending around the keys as we speak.

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading.

I have the same problem as this.

Is there any solution for this?

For those that ordered their copy through G2Play: apparently, G2Play is sending the retail keys now. I received an email from them a few hours ago myself, titled "your order has been completed". However, the email was not accompanied by an actual key. It seems that more people are having this issue. I wrote on their FB page that I am having this issue too. I have just received a reply, saying that I should check my G2Play games library for keys. However, only the beta key is listed there. G2Play then asked me to contact their support team for further assistance. So I suggest everyone to do so as soon as possible, in order to fix our problem and finally get to playing FM.

Yep got mine sent to me eventually as scanned serial image. working fine. i think they had a back log of tickets to answer after getting ddosed for bf4 release

I received my game in the box yesterday & when I reinstalled it I don't appear to have the new online game option nor can go into the download section. I have 14.1.1 version which I assume isn't the latest one, plus I don't have the fm14 editor on steam, so I assume I've done something wrong. can anyone please help?

Derby... just for completion sake.. i suggest you uninstall what you have and reinstall using the code on the box...

That's exactly what I did. uninstalled it then loaded back up, but at no point did it ask for my code. I must be doing something wrong?

Still this

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading

Have read the FAQ, but would still like to ask again, hoping that I misunderstood them ;)

I pre-ordered a boxed copy from Base which has not arrived yet. With my order confirmation I also received a beta code and I played the beta since.

Last night I tried updating to the full game, but apparently, if I understand the FAQ correctly, I will have to wait for my boxed copy to arrive. Because only then I shall have the code for the full version which unlocks it on Steam. Anyway, my game still shows version 14.1.1 and on Steam there is no option yet to download the editor, which I would like to do because I want to make some changes to the db before starting my proper career save.

Is this correct? Is there no way for me to get the full game (most importantly the editor) before my boxed copy arrives?

(that may take some time because I ordered from a UK site to abroad as there is no other option for me to get the game)

Having received the beta code it should be obvious that I ordered the full game and that I'm not trying to receive anything I haven't paid for.

Any help or clarification apprecited :)

Still this

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading

Did you get a second key?

Have you checked back with the retailer to see if you should have a second one?

Have read the FAQ, but would still like to ask again, hoping that I misunderstood them ;)

I pre-ordered a boxed copy from Base which has not arrived yet. With my order confirmation I also received a beta code and I played the beta since.

Last night I tried updating to the full game, but apparently, if I understand the FAQ correctly, I will have to wait for my boxed copy to arrive. Because only then I shall have the code for the full version which unlocks it on Steam. Anyway, my game still shows version 14.1.1 and on Steam there is no option yet to download the editor, which I would like to do because I want to make some changes to the db before starting my proper career save.

Is this correct? Is there no way for me to get the full game (most importantly the editor) before my boxed copy arrives?

(that may take some time because I ordered from a UK site to abroad as there is no other option for me to get the game)

Having received the beta code it should be obvious that I ordered the full game and that I'm not trying to receive anything I haven't paid for.

Any help or clarification apprecited :)

Sorry to say that's correct, you need the key with the copy :(

I bought it from FasterGameShop.com, first he said it's EU key. When i had problems for updating to 14.1.2, he said use a VPN ... It's Turkey Locked... Using a VPN is illegal and could you ban from steam. So i send yesterday my receipt and key to Sega. I hope they can fix this... I'm buying Manager since first one... Never had this kind of region locked problems. Is there an option they can fix this crew?? My reseller will not refund it...

not at all... once you've entered your code once.. you on't need to do it again.. the game is linked to your steam account..

surely you can now install with no issue?

go into steam and press install?

The game installs ok on steam, but when I load it up its still on 14.1.1, cant work out how to get 14.1.2 version or whatever the latest one is.

Anyone had this problem and managed to resolve it?

Sorry to say that's correct, you need the key with the copy :(

Well, kinda expected that :(

Too bad. I hate seeing everyone on here enjoying the game while still waiting for it each and every year :(

Would have loved to prepare my data at least as a sort of interim activity that bridges waiting time...

That's still the beta... you must be installing the beta Derby... are you using the right code? and did you get rid of everything first before installing?

This is what I have done. I've uninstalled everything. Then put my new FM14 disc in and followed the process to install. It doesn't ask me for my code at any point and eventually installs as I can also see on steam & when its 100% & I load up its still 14.1.1

Is there another way I should be installing this?

Derbylad - Why not forget about the disk and activate the product on steam using the code that's in the box.

1. If you haven't done so already, download and install Steam here

2. Open Steam and Go to '+ADD A GAME' at the bottom-left of the window

3. Then select 'Activate a product on Steam'

4. Enter your activation Code

5. Steam should now download your game

This is what I have done. I've uninstalled everything. Then put my new FM14 disc in and followed the process to install. It doesn't ask me for my code at any point and eventually installs as I can also see on steam & when its 100% & I load up its still 14.1.1

Is there another way I should be installing this?

Is there a new code anywhere on the box or on the manual? If yes, try entering that into Steam in "Games -> Activate a Product on Steam".

Derbylad - Why not forget about the disk and activate the product on steam using the code that's in the box.

1. If you haven't done so already, download and install Steam here

2. Open Steam and Go to '+ADD A GAME' at the bottom-left of the window

3. Then select 'Activate a product on Steam'

4. Enter your activation Code

5. Steam should now download your game

Thanks vikeologist. It's installing now and I'm pretty sure this will work having now entered the key. Do you know if this will also give me access to the fm14 editor on steam once this has downloaded?

Thanks vikeologist. It's installing now and I'm pretty sure this will work having now entered the key. Do you know if this will also give me access to the fm14 editor on steam once this has downloaded?

Yeah, if you're now downloading the full version then the editor will be included (under 'tools' in your steams game list).

OK. It seems SEGA f****d up this year, and didnt inform their retailers good enough, and didnt supplied them with the right keys.

Here is my conversation, with my retailers costumer service.

You (click to change)

Hello. Can you help me?

GameKeys4all

hello

yes please

You (click to change)

I have bought Football Manager 2014 on this website, and received a key after the order was confirmed. I have installed the game through steam, before it was released, so i only had the BETA version. When the game was released yesterday, my game didnt update to full version. I have been told by Sports Interactive, to ask my retailer for the full game key, which i havent recieved.

GameKeys4all

order number please

You (click to change)

GameKeys4all

check your e-mail

thank you

You (click to change)

I will, just a moment.

You state that there is no region restriction, but i cant install the game, due to region restrictions. I am located in Indonesia.

GameKeys4all

that is impossible

the code i just sent u is completely region free

You (click to change)

Well, that is the message i get on steam, when i enter the code you just emailed.

GameKeys4all

did you activate the code?

You (click to change)

Yes.

GameKeys4all

if you activate it means there is no restrictions

if there was any restriction you would not be able to activate it

are you under any VPN

You (click to change)

No. Just a moment, i will show you a screenshot of the message i get, right after i entered the kode.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6624/2fat.png

GameKeys4all

ok so you could not activate it

hold on please

You (click to change)

Ok, thank you.

GameKeys4all

ok

we sent your code to our supplier

you will have to wait a bit so they can send the region free code

and then ill send to your e-mail

You (click to change)

Ok, thank you very much. :)

GameKeys4all

np

ill contact u as soon as possible

still there?

You (click to change)

Yes

GameKeys4all

hold on

we are getting the code for u right now

You (click to change)

Great. So you have already sent an email?

GameKeys4all

no

in a few minutes

i let u know

You (click to change)

Ok. thanks

GameKeys4all

well :(

bad news after all

they dont have the global version yet

after all you will need to wait longer

You (click to change)

When can i expect it?

GameKeys4all

we hope today yet

You (click to change)

Is it SEGA that hasnt supplied the codes yet?

Because it seems a lot of people have the same problem as me. :)

GameKeys4all

yes they are delayed

and somehow seems that some codes only work in Europe

You (click to change)

Ok. I will wait and see then. Thank you for your speedy assistance. Much appreciated.

So, maybe it is time SEGA came out with a statement here, and let people know what has happened, and what they will do about it?

A lot of people have been affected by this, and havent been given what promised. Not only us as gamers, but also all the retailers having to deal with frustrated costumers, because of the mistake from SEGA.

not a key problem, but my laptop isnt reading the game ? i put other disks in and reads them fine.... put fm 14 in and its just spinning around and ive put into steam the Code from the back of the booklet and it says will take 40 mins to upload.... its now been an hour and hasnt even moved..

how do i know if the game has already been upgraded to full instead of just beta ??

not a key problem, but my laptop isnt reading the game ? i put other disks in and reads them fine.... put fm 14 in and its just spinning around and ive put into steam the Code from the back of the booklet and it says will take 40 mins to upload.... its now been an hour and hasnt even moved..

how do i know if the game has already been upgraded to full instead of just beta ??

If you gameversion are 14.1.2 is it full game.

perhaps there are lots of people, for example jayahr, who are abroad and waiting for the disk to be sent to them, who are going to be extremely disappointed. China presents some particular challenges for using very passable nicities, (my internet connection to steam is cut off when i try to use one, and it wouldn't be a good idea to even use the actual acronym) but maybe that will solve other people's problems. I've raised the issue with SEGA support, but of course their hands are tied. i feel a bit guilty about keeping the issue 'open' with them. Maybe their staff are paid for each issue they 'close' and I'm just stressing a poor guy out, while the people in SEGA who could resolve the issue are completely unaffected. It would just be nice if the activation process on steam was rolled back to the way it was two weeks ago where any valid activation code is accepted. The key problem is of course that the BETA keys did work, so customers didn't cancel their orders when they had the chance.

I'm also stuck on 14.1.1, despite restarting Steam. Something that is odd: when I enter the key that I was given by my retailer a few weeks ago, Steam says that I already own that product (this makes sense). It also says that this account already contains the content that is linked to this activation key. When I click on Next, I get a message saying that I'm about to install FM 2014. The needed disk space is 43 MB. When I click Next again, I get to choose whether or not to create desktop shortcuts, etc. When I click Next again, I get the message that Steam is downloading FM 2014. However, in truth, nothing happens; FM doesn't get updated in any way, nothing new is downloading.

I'm also having this problem :(

and when I'm verifying the game cache several times, it keeps downloading the same 17.1MB over and over again

I'm also having this problem :(

and when I'm verifying the game cache several times, it keeps downloading the same 17.1MB over and over again

Where did you buy from? 14.1.1 is still the BETA/Demo version...

So still no main game key in my AutoKey area on CJS. Anyone bought FM14 from them and actually recieved a main game key? Not had a reply from Sega either. Was hoping to be playing FM tonight but that looks unlikely now. :(

i have the axact same problem as you but both my friends received their keys from CJS and work perfectly

THANKS! Just THANKS! To Sega, SI(probably the less guilty) and the retailer.

I bought the game on the brazilian site Nuuvem and there wasn't advices about the region lock. Yesterday, when I tried to activate the game, Steam says that the key is not for use in my region (Europe).

I contacted Nuuvem and they suggested me to activate the game via VPN (what a unprofessional answer) or sell the game to brazilian guys. I opened some topics here and there for sell it, but some were closed, and, generally, no one answered me.

Contacted Sega, sending pictures of key, receipt, etc.. and they says "contact retailer". In the end, I wasted 20€.

Wow!

Next time I see the logo Sega on a game, I avoid it.

Archived