Those Who Jump Off A Paris Bridge Are In Seine!

B.W.G

GazTheDoood - Cheers mate :D Hopefully we can get a couple of more class players in the next couple of seasons to help the squad!

Jason the Yank - They're nothing more than relegation fodder,they need all the help they can get :D

abulezz - Thanks mate!

AK22 - Quite a shocker,wasn't expecting it to be that easy!I'm a Tactical mastermind :cool:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pearcey_90 - He will be a key player for us from next season,the only way he won't be come a legend if some steals him from us!

elbilly - Cheers fella :D Don't think I will be with the big boys for at least six or seven seasons!

mikenevo - Thanks mate :D I'll try him out in a MC position but if I decided to use a DM then he will be first choice for that position.

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - French National - April 2014

Fixtures

12541c39-02c3-4831-8421-5e58ce4c1f2e_zps35a216b7.jpg

League Table

FrenchNational_OverviewStages_zps913b884f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Just the two games for the month in which I did field some fringe players to see how they did,needless to say that they were more than enough for National level.The win over Le Poire-sur-Vie continued with our entertainment for our fans as we had another exciting game as we showed no mercy despite having already won the title.The draw against Colmar was a little disappointing as we dominated the game but couldn't finish them off after going a goal up.Most notable thing was Karl Toko taking his goal tally to 27 for the season despite not actually being that good!

May sees us play our final three league games in the French National in what I hope will be an extremely long time.We face off against GFC Ajaccio,USBCO and Bourg-Peronnas.Two tricky games as we Ajaccio are battling for promotion and USBCO are fighting against relegation but as I feel merciless,I'm looking forward to hopefully ruin their hopes,we can win both these games but as always we will need to play to our best to ensure victory.The game against Bourg-Peronnas is a dead rubber as we already have the title and they are in mid-table,not threatening the promotion places or in danger of relegation,hopefully their players will be on holiday so we can put a few past them as I want to hit at least 85 goals for the league campaign!

It has been easier than what I originally expected!

In other news,I'm having a bit of internet trouble with it constantly disconnecting so updates are taking longer than I expected.How troublesome!

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - French National - May 2014

Fixtures

bbcee904-2186-46ac-9f95-16a9f5b6a7e8_zps04112636.jpg

League Table

FrenchNational_OverviewStages_zps04aab228.png

Manager's Thoughts

The final month showed me two things,that my attack and midfield were still going all out while the defence was already on holiday which was extremely annoying despite winning both games we conceded in!My main problem with the defence in the games against Ajaccio and Bourg-Peronnas was that they got complacent towards the end of both games,made silly mistakes which led to the opposition scoring three out of four times!The game against USBCO was annoying for another reason,we completely battered them but their keeper and defence saved them numerous times so I guess it wasn't our day.The one thing I wanted to achieve was getting 85 goals and we just about managed it by scoring 86 goals so I am pleased with the effort put in by my attacking force.

The next couple of updates will feature some minor news and the end of season update!

The minor news.....I'm listed as favoured personnel....Okay the real minor news is this....

NewSeason_zps7c16cae3.png

It will hold 10,032 people which is quite the massive amount considering we had an average of 723 this season!

sc91 - Thanks fella :D

Jason the Yank - Don't think it is,one of the teams relegated from Ligue 2 had a stadium which held 1408 people!

abulezz - I find it quite weird unless there is a massive increase of people attending matches.As for my finances,it's been quite terrible,I'm projected to be £8 million in the red by the end of the 14/15 season!

deltablue - It's not but I should be able to save the money I won't be spending on players which is very helpful,just have to hope for a sharp increase in people attending the matches.

Was just a bit easy :D We should be fine when it comes to debt,we've suddenly got from a potential £8 million in the red to being £2 million in the black so the future is looking better than I expected.

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - French National - End of Season - 2013/14

2013/14 Transfers

To show that I am sticking by my rules of not signing anyone.For those who left,they were not good enough and taking up far too much of the wage budget so I let them go so I was able to negotiate new deals for the players I needed.

Competitions

French National

League Table

To put it simply,that was definitely unexpected.I felt we were better than what we were predicted (14th placed finish) but to come top and absolutely smash the league was brilliant,the team took to the 4-3-1-2 brilliantly and it left our fans with value for money as we were always in thrilling matches,I may need to cut back on the entertainment next season as it may cause health issues due to playing at a higher level.We just missed out on the records off most points (91 by SC Bastia) and most goals (87 goals by En Avant de Guingamp),we would have beat the latter if we didn't hit the woodwork so much.Overall I am pleased to be out of this league as it means more for playing at a higher level coming into the clubs coffers!

French Cup

Quarter Finals

We had a nice little run in the cup which lasted for seven games only to lose on penalties to a Ligue 1 side who went onto the final!We faced two very poor teams in the 6th and 7th round who we beat 5-0 and 7-2 respectively.The 8th round was against LEMANS who were far too good to be in the CFA divisions,we edged the game 2-1.The 9th round saw us face another CFA side in GF 38 who were not as good as LEMANS as we ran out comfortable 2-0 winners.The 10th round gave us a real test as we face off against Ligue 2 side Stade Lavallois,we were more than a match for the supposedly better teams as we ran out 5-2 winners and that was while we were away from home.Vitre were up in the 11th round and they were giant killers in their own right,we could have beat them easily if we carried on like we started but we blew a two goal lead and it took penalties for us to go through.As for the quarter-final,there is no shame in going out to a Ligue 1 team and we showed that we can give them a fright despite having players of a lesser quality,on another day we could have possibly won but it just wasn't to be.

Player's,Stats and Awards

Best XI 13/14 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the team's Overall Stats for the season

Top Scorer

Patrick Etshimi and Karl Toko - 30 Goals

This was quite the feat that both my first choice strikers were able to score 30 goals in 40 games so I'll put this off as a one off as I don't think that will happen again.The only difference is that Etshimi got 22 League goals while Toko got 19 league goals,was a phenomenal return off both strikers but Toko was probably the better of the two due to having the higher assists of the two but if these two can keep the partnership this good next season then I will just have to worry about other parts of the team!

Most Assists

Karl Toko - 16 Assists

Quite an astounding feat that Toko who was joint top scorer with 30 goals managed to top the assist chart with 16 so I am definitely amazed by that feat which Toko pulled off.He made 40 appearances,scored 30 goals and provided 16 assists while averaging at 7.59 which was an excellent return,Toko seems to be made for the 4-3-1-2 formation that I use so I look forward to seeing if he can get near that tally next season.During the season,Karl Toko set a new record of 6 goals in one match in the French Cup which I doubt will be broke for quite a long time.

Special Mention

Cheacuterif Faty

The centre back was an absolute rock in defence and his performances were some of the best from the team during the season.Faty made 35 appearances for the club and scored 3 goals while averaging at 7.96 over the season which is a brilliant rating.Still pretty young so his experience will massively helpful as we step up to Ligue 2,with the way he get's stuck in then there should be no problems from him in the foreseeable future.His performance during the past season led to him picking up Fans Player of the Year.

Manager's Thoughts

That was a very surprising season if I do say so myself,I was expecting to be around the mid-table and not run away with the title!We've succeeded in the first step of getting out of the National which I was expecting to take another 2-3 seasons but I guess the real hard work starts now.I was pleased to have a mini run in the cup which helped bring a bit of money in and showed that we are not entirely outclassed by a Ligue 1 side,let a lone a Ligue 2 side so the future will definitely provide some entertainment in the near future.The only shocking thing from the season was the fact that both of my first choice strikers scored 30 goals each which shows they were better than the defences in the Nationals,I will probably be looking to them to outscore the opposition in the new season as I know my defence isn't that great but we don't have the talent yet.

For the future of the club,we have now gone full time which should help bring in some money from Sponsorships as I guess full time teams attract more than part time teams,this will probably also help with training as the players will be moved to a full time schedule.I've already posted about having a new stadium built which we will move into at the start of 16/17 season which hopefully be the start of a new era for Paris FC.I've had a request accepted for improved Junior coaching which means it's now at an adequate level,no facility upgrades at the moment but if the projection in the finances is accurate then we may be able to upgrade from early as the end of next season.The final thing to note is that I have signed a new contract which expires in 2017 so at least I know I am here for a couple of more seasons at minimum.Roll on next season and the challenge of surviving relegation!

Season     Division       League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    National        1st         Q.F          N/A          723        Promotion!

What an absolute traitor,part of me hopes his career hit's a dead end.I offered him a new contract which gave him higher wages then he is getting at Monaco and offered him Key Player status and he rejects it to join Monaco.

WillRichardson_NewsInbox_zps17b98ca2.png

All we get is the possibility of £1.2 million out of this with two of the cluases,what a joke!Hopefully Man City,Real Madrid or Barcelona pay an absolute fortune for him as we have a 15% clause of anything Monaco sell him for!

Absolutely amazing first season, but the next league up is a whole new experience and only time will tell whether your players are up for it! I suppose with a youth only policy, you never really need to worry about money troubles, especially when you reach the top!

Thanks mate although Pre-Season has left a bitter taste in my mouth but I feel we should be able to survive!

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - Ligue 2 - Pre-Season - 2014/15

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Just to show that I'm not signing anyone.I'm not actually bothered by those who left on a free as they didn't have much room for growth.The transfer of the traitor has left a very bitter taste in my mouth,I offered him more than what he expected and he would have been guaranteed game time but no he left us for a measly amount and has a status of hot prospect at Monaco!

Pre-Season Fixtures

03ac6029-7d32-4882-98c7-145b3b76ed35_zps834251ae.jpg

A very good pre-season which saw impressive victories over Austria Wien and NEC which leaves me with enough confidence to say that we will survive this season in Ligue 2.Also face another Paris side to show that they are not better than us and probably will never be either.The only defeat was down to poor finishing otherwise we would have at least got a draw out of that game.Pretty confident going into the new season.

The Team

Squad Depth

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

Key Players

Sandy Paillot - DC

Chearif Faty - DC

Noui Laifa - DM,MC

Naim Sliti - AMRC

All the key players come from defence and midfield as these two are by far the strongest areas of the team.The defensive pairing of Paillot and Faty is something I hope can be successful as it was last season as the defence will be key to our survival this season as we don't have the strongest attack.Laifa will play as a MC but can be played at DM if I need to which is handy as plan B and plan C both require a DM.Sliti is by far the stand out player in the team,the 21 year old is already regarded as a decent Ligue 1 player and is fully capped by Tunisia without having to play a u21 game!He will be playing the AMC position as that is what he is best at,his performances will help us stay up this season and we need him on form if we are to succeed.

Manager's Thoughts

If odds of 100-1 to win the title and being favourites for relegation are not enough to motivate me then nothing will.I will prove the media wrong and make them eat their words.I am fully confident we can survive this season as we were more than a match against Stade Lavallois and they finished last season in 11th so I fancy our chances of surviving this season.The only doubts with the team we have are in goal and up front as these two are our weakest areas and to make it worse,we have four players who can play up front in our three teams!We've had a good pre-season and if we can continue that into the new season then there is no reason why we cannot survive.

During pre-season,we had junior coaching increased and I signed a new contract.If we can make it through the season then we should be able to start affording upgrades in which the first one I get will be a youth facility upgrade as our training facilites are at a decent level whereas youth facilities are poor.I'm not expecting to make waves like last season as we are in a much tougher position and it will be slow building from here out.If we can get a goalkeeper,a couple of defenders and a striker from this seasons youth intake then I will be in a better position as that will cover most of the weaknesses.It's time to show the media and our doubters wrong,we will survive....I guara-damn-tee it!

Was just a bit easy :D We should be fine when it comes to debt,we've suddenly got from a potential £8 million in the red to being £2 million in the black so the future is looking better than I expected.

I guess promotion is a valuable thing. :D

withnail316 - Thanks mate :D It is a bit gutting but I guess it was to be expected doing this challenge.

Jason the Yank - It is indeed,the money will definitely be valuable in the future.

pearcey_90 - Typical bully really,unfortunately he has left and even signing him is against the rules of the challenge.Even if it wasn't,he is a traitor and doesn't deserve a 2nd chance!

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - Ligue 2 - August 2014

Fixtures

a9ae85c1-6159-46ab-ad5d-3d8947e7aa1b_zps1029d05e.jpg

League Table

Ligue2_OverviewStages_zpsfc2282d7.png

Manager's Thought

An excellent month to start the campaign,going unbeaten in the league while picking up 10 points and having a mini cup run in the Coupe de la Ligue.In the cup we beat CA Bastia and Istres OP with the latter being quite surprising as they have made a very good start in the league but it brings in more money for the club if we can keep winning games in the competition.As for the league,Partick Etshimi has been in some good form as he hit five goals in four games.We recorded excellent wins over Stade de Reims and Caen which has helped a lot in terms of surviving.The win over En Avant de Guingamp was pretty funny for us as they are actually our parent club and the draw against Nantes was a good point as we battered for a lot of the game!

We kick September off with a very tough match against 2nd place Tours which is definitely the highlight fixture of the month.During the month we also face Chamois Niortais,Angers SCO,La Berrichonne and Clermont Foot.To face 1st and 2nd place in the league in a month is annoying as hell but at least it gets these games out of the way.I will be looking to get most of our points in the other three games as they are probably easier teams to beet than Tours and Clermont Foot!I'm hoping to get to 43 points as soon as possible as that should leave us safe in the league,so the sooner the better!

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - Ligue 2 - September 2014

Fixtures

dac0103c-9885-4753-ac55-dc00d299a2c6_zps0368fe94.jpg

League Table

Ligue2_OverviewStages_zpsba398410.png

Manager's Thoughts

Seven points from the previous month was a very good tally as we played some very good teams.I've got no complaints with the defeats to Tours and Clermont Foot as they were by far the better teams in each game.The surprising result was actually against Angers SCO as once again we were absolutely battered but we managed to draw against a much superior team so it's a point gained for us while they lost two.The wins against Chamois Nirotais and La Berrichonne were both brilliant performances but we are showing that our home form is much better than our away form so that needs to improve as we cannot solely rely on our home form despite how good it is.The fact we are sitting third after nine games is pretty brilliant but we still have 29 games left and it's very close as poor form will send us plummeting down the table.

We play six times in October,we have five league games and a Coupe de la Ligue game.The Coupe de la Ligue game comes against Ligue 1 opposition in the shape of Nancy,there currently in 11th in Ligue 1 but they are overachieving like ourselves so it will be an interesting game.As for the league fixtures,we face off against Istres,Lens,Orelans,Troyes and Ajaccio.I am actually grateful to play the teams we were promoted with and I will be looking to beat both Orleans and Ajaccio to prove that we are still better than them.Lens seenm to be the whipping boys of the division but I drop more points to the poorer teams then I do to the bigger ones so we will make it difficult for ourselves.Troyes and Istres will be difficult teams to beat,Troyes are in similar form to us and are one of many teams challenging for one of the top three spots early on while we have already played Istres this season and they are a difficult side to beat so I know it will be tough.I'll take another 7 points from this month as that will help us in our fight for survival.

mikenevo - I'm not that good :D Aaaawww,I wanted the catacombs names after me,the Eiffel Tower can wait till after I win the CL!

deltablue - It is a bit of a stretch,I feel we are only doing this well due to High bonuses being offered so the players have more motivation.

pearcey_90 - It would do indeed but I think we are going to fade out in the 2nd half of the season.

7490_zps9cfb072f.png

Paris FC - Ligue 2 - October 2014

Fixtures

282fb19e-f822-47c8-9646-e5bd76c3f9ba_zps80b64845.jpg

League Table

Ligue2_OverviewStages_zps2760801f.png

Manager's Thoughts

A good start and end but had a dodgy middle to October.We kicked off the month with a back against the walls job against Istres,no idea how we won 2-0 but I'll take it,we then dropped points to two of the weakest teams in the league in Orleans and Lens,I was annoyed after both of these games as we had the chances to finish them off but we didn't take.As for the Troyes game,I really don't want to talk about as we were very ****!We had a distraction from the league as we faced Ligue 1 side Nancy in the Coupe de la Ligue,I was in complete shock as we won 4-1 against a much better side so that means more money for the clubs coffers!As for the last league game of the month,all I can say is wow!GFC Ajaccio never stood a chance as we were pretty much in control for the entire match.We're still in 4th at the end of the month with 25 points so 18 more and we should be safe but I am expecting us to start dropping a few more points as we are starting to pick up injuries and suspensions.

November sees us face four games,three are in the league while our French cup campaign kicks off which is the 4th game.The French Cup game is a home tie against Montmagny Sports,having looked at their team,I will be giving two youngsters their first full starts for the team as I feel they are good enough to start having more action.The three league games we play are against Harve Athletic Club,Stade Brestois 29 and AJ Auxerre,that is quite a tough month as they are all in a similar position but our away form is pretty poor which is worrying,with two of the league games this month being away then we will have to fight for everything to get anything from those games.I will take three points from this month as that will mean we will need 15 points!

Archived