dafuge's FM14 challenge

OK, now I get what all the fuss was about on how long it takes reloading!

I'm very happy that I got Chippenham early, but I saved it and kept reloading while watching television with the wife yesterday. While I would get sidetracked and not be reloading at an "optimum" speed, I'd say I spent 6-8 hours doing reloads, and never got a lower reputation team coming up that the Chippenham squad at 1450. I had a few that tied them, but never got lower than that. Regardless, I didn't want to take the highest reputation team in the challenge, so I'm very happy with the start I have.

Here is my June 25 screenshot:

30hvm2v.jpg

I'll be doing updates in here as requested, but I also planned to do a career update thread as well. That was the reason I finally stopped lurking and stopped posting with this version. :) I'll make sure to keep everyone posted as to my progress, and thanks again for putting forth such a fun challenge!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Truro-city-football-club.png

Frustrating season as I really struggled to replace the scoring of Jared Sims and Ray Spear. We ended up being draw machines with 17 on the year, 13 by 1-1 scores. Luckily our defense was one of the best in the league or things would have been a lot worst. The end result was a disappointing 13th place finish.

League Table

We had a decent little FA Cup run, advancing out of the qualifying stages for the first time before falling to League 1 side Barnsley. We took out Skrill Premier side Welling on the way with a dominant 4-0 win although, to be fair, they were relegated back to join us in the Skrill South after this season. We bombed out of the FA Trophy in our first game once again, this time losing to a poor Tonbridge team that is getting relegated out of our league.

Our best signing was 18 year old Guy Hughes, an AMC we signed on a free from Merthy Town. He scored 15 goals with 10 assists. Liam Eddy, a little used striker who had hung around without a contract the previous two seasons, also scored 15 goals. Matt Dinsmore had a fairly disappointing season, only scoring 10 goals, which didn't help our offensive struggles.

A big part of our defensive strength was DM David Morris, a loaned player from Swansea. He provided a nice solid anchor on defense but he is strictly a one year deal with too much potential to be interested in sticking with us.

Next season will be interesting. I get the feeling the board is growing impatient. And we're losing our best defender, Arran Pugh, who is showing no interest in returning. But I do have a large number of young players who started contributing toward season's end I've already signed Cameron Gill, a 21 year old striker who looks better than anyone I had this season.

I've spent a bit of time in the tactics forum and got a tactic together that I'm really happy with. Going to have another go as Rushall... this time. this time.

Good luck! (To you and JDD both!)

Ugh, taking a hard step back in Truro this season. We lost Sims and Spear and really haven't been able to find adequate replacements. Most frustrating, both of them are still sitting out there without a team but refuse to talk to me even though I could offer both double last year's salary.

And Sims and Spear both ended up retiring at the end of the year at 23 and 24 respectively. Rather annoying.

As a reminder, for those looking for specific teams and not having luck finding them in a reload, I have 20 separate saves w/ some 40 or so distinct teams -- check out this thread and if you see something you like, shout out. I'll upload on a hosting site and send the link. Pretty sure all of these are still valid saves, other than the one noted (which is the save I'm currently playing).

Rushall - 2014/15 - Skrill North - 2nd

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

A very positive first season in charge. Despite a poor start we came to within goal difference of winning the league and being promoted straight off. We were also unlucky to go out of the playoffs in the semis following a 20 penalty shootout. I'm very happy with my new tactic and with a squad of players I am very pleased with should be good enough to push for the championship next season.

League Table

FA Cup

FA Trophy

The Team

GK Mats Morch

RB Glenn Wilson

CB Joseph Hulme

CB Kenzer Lee

LB Kane Owen

RW Jack Mackreth

BBM Dan Gray

DLP Sam Bailey

LW John Paul Kissock

TRQ Louis Garner

AF Jamie Wootton

Season 12, our second in the Sky Bet League Two, was a bit more successful than our first. While we still hung around near the bottom of the table the whole season, things were much more positive overall. Our final position of 16th shows how close things were until the end... on match day 43 we were still in 21st place, but there were 4 or 5 teams within 2 points of each other. A couple of good end results (including coming back from a 2-0 deficit against Birmingham in the penultimate match to win 3-2) propelled us up a bit further than we might have hoped. Indeed, the entire second half of the season was a big change...we lost only 5 matches in the second half stretch and ended with a 5 game unbeaten streak (4 game winning streak to end the season was our best in League Two to date). In attaining this position we scored 18 more league goals than the previous season, while conceding 11 fewer. Our 68 conceded is still high...I need to figure that out for next season if I want to push higher. (our 64 scored actually places us 6th in scoring on the season...I'm happy with that).

Our allowed salary is still much too constrictive (3rd lowest in league)---I am utterly unable to pay decent players any kind of reasonable salary. Our youth system meanwhile is producing....nothing really. I had hopes that this would improve in the next season or so, but our planned youth facility upgrade was just "sensationally" scrapped due to lack of funds. This facility was approved and a loan secured immediately after we pulled in over £1M in gate receipts at our 3rd Round FA Cup away at Southampton)...but we're sitting at £40k in the red at the end of the season, and are now stuck with no expansion and a bank loan to boot. Go figure. And, to give another kick in the shorts, despite having a record high league position, and a good showing in various cup competitions, our kit and stadium sponsors are up for renewal...and both went down for the coming season(s).

Twenty-Seven year old Collins still manages to impress, leading the team with 21 goals and 5 assists (19 league goals was joint 4th in league scoring). It might have been more, but he missed 4 of the last 5 matches due to injury (he scored in the final match to complete a solid season). Strikers Mattis and Lowry were both solid as well... Mattis notched up 14 goals and 18 assists (his 16 assists led the league!) in his F9 forward position, while newcomer* Lowry managed 12 goals and 4 assists. Lowry's contract is up at end of season, and I have to find a way to sign him again (he's reported as the best striker on the team, and by his attributes, that is probably correct). Both Mattis and Collins are on for another year, but I might have to try to let one of them go. I've been told a couple times over the past two seasons (at least) that Captain Tom Collins might be favorable to a mutual termination, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger and let both a legend and the most prolific player in my long FM history go. With wages as tight as they are, I might have to do it, however.

Defensively, CBs Holland and *Hulse, along with fullbacks Whelan and *Gibson worked together fairly well throughout the season, and, if I can manage to keep them all together as a unit for the coming season, I expect to really have a solid defense. Again, wages will be tricky, Holland, Hulse, and Whelan are all on £1K/wk and up, the three being 16% of my total wage budget (though it looks like only Guthrie, at £1.1K, is due to expire this year...I expect I'll have to drop him in favor of someone cheaper. Unfortunately, there is no one in my youth teams able to step up either.

Alexander Warner, who became an expensive 2nd choice goalkeeper, was finally sold in February (for a club record of....£7.75K). He was replaced at the beginning of the season by new choice Baker, who was nearly identical to Warner but with a higher future upside (reported as Leading League One potential). After Warner's sale, I also picked up Kinsella as a backup keeper...as none of my youth prospects really inspire me to confidence in the event Baker goes down for any length of time.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Not even close!

Cup Competitions

Our second outing in the Capital One cup was a bit better than our first, though our 3-2 loss away at Colchester wasn't quite as close as it seemed...we scored two late goals (80th minute PK and 88th minute goal to come back from 3-0), but in the end, there wasn't quite enough time left to salvage the game. Still, a lot better than the 4-0 loss in our opening season in the competition.

Our JPT run was better. We secured our first ever win in the competition, a 4-1 thrashing of League One Northampton one of the highlights of the season. Collins scored a brace (his only two cup goals of the season) in the win. Fullback Gibson, new to the team, got on the scoresheet as well with a 2nd minute goal from open play. Unfortunately, we couldn't duplicate the heroics, going down to L1 Barnet 4-2 in the second round of the competition. Still, it was enough to secure yet another competition overachiever mark.

Finally, another good run in the FA Cup saw us through to the 3rd round. After knocking off Skrill Premier Stevenage 2-0, it took us two matches to knock out Skrill Premier Hartlepool (a 1-1 draw away followed by a 2-1 home win), we went away to St. Mary's Stadium in the 3rd round, where a crowd of more than 47K saw a brave, but hopeless Bedford Town lose to a Kevin Broad brace in a match where we had no chance. Southampton controlled the match, holding the ball nearly 70% of the time, and outshooting us 24-4. Goalkeeper Baker made a good account of himself, making 11 saves of the 13 shots on target, but in the end, there was just too much pressure to contain.

Still, the £1M in gate receipts put us back in good standing with the bank, and an immediate application for a youth upgrade was started. Alas, that came to a crashing end at the end of the season. Now we need another good run in the cups to make some ground back in the facility expansion arena.

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees-- 8 players added this year, including newcomers Hulse, Gibson, Baker, and Lowry.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: For the first time, a non-striker was selected as the Fans' Player of the Season. This year, it was Centre-Back Stephen Holland, who was solid all year. He played in all 46 league games (once as a sub), scored 2 goals, 4 PoM, and had an AvR of 6.82. He also had nearly 4 tackles/game (led the league w/ 54 key tackles--2nd placed had 39), and was solid in the air. Expect more good things from him in the coming year!

Collins watch: Tom Collins now has 572 appearances (501 league) and 347 career goals (285 league). He's added 85 assists, 71 PoM, and an overall AvR of 7.00 ---- a statline completely unexpected when I first played him as the 16 year-old emergency striker way back in the first season of the save. To say that he has performed above both expectations and his attributes is an understatement!

In a side note: WC Champions USA failed to get out of a group stage featuring Portugal, France, and Ecuador (they managed 4 points, a 2-2 draw vs France and a 4-3 win vs Ecuador...their 3-1 first round loss vs Portugal was the decider). Meanwhile, 2022 runners up England managed to win an easy Group stage featuring Ireland (who also advanced), Ghana, and Qatar, only to be knocked out in the second round by...................Jamaica................on Penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Hednesford, Blyth, Margate, Learnington, Bromley, Weymouth

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Man City (Reading, Ipswich, Blackburn)

Championship West Ham (Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland)

League One Doncaster (MK Dons, Barnet, Peterborough, Preston)

League Two Tranmere (Port Vale, Kidderminster) (Overachiever: Tranmere, predicted 22, finished 1st)(Underachiever Leicester (predicted 1st, ended 18th)

Skrill Premier Cheltenham (Worcester, Forest Green, Dover, Accrington)

Skrill North Braintree (Brackley, Bradford PA, Lowestoft)

Skrill South Dartford (Chelmsford, Billericay, Dorchester)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Burnley

Capital One Cup Man City

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Colchester (Bedford Overachievers!)

English FA Trophy Hartlepool

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Liverpool

Euro Cup Group Stage: Burnley

Euro Cup Playoff: Chelsea

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Southampton

Euro Cup 1st QR: None

Continental Achievements

Ipswich -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout round (By Inter)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (By FCP)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (By A.C. Milan)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Real Madrid)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Paris Saint-Germain)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By FCP)

Fulham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi-Final (By R. Sociedad)

--

What's Next?

A fairly decent year, where, while we languished near the bottom of the table much of the year, we never threatened to actually drop. A solid finish to end the year bodes well for the future. Some tough decisions to be made, as my wage budget is really going to hurt. I'm going to make some tough drops and hope to pick up some cheap players to fill the void, while trying to keep a solid core of players together for a mid-table push. I need a strong run to boost attendance (and hence, gate receipts) to keep a health balance and hopefully some facility upgrades in the future. Most of the coaching staff will stay on another year with only minor adjustments to salary. A couple of the higher salary players will be let go, and I'll have about £7K wages to play with. Hopefully I can unearth a couple youngsters, or even an aging high-level pro who can provide some experience at a cheap cost, to help out. I'm not getting any help from my youth setup, so I have to go hunting. A tough decision concerning Collins will be made by the end of summer....I've gotten another coach report that he would be amenable to a mutual termination...but can I actually do it? His attributes argue for dropping him, but his stats don't!

Career Overview

Season            Team                 League        Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15	     Bedford Town	     Skrill South	19(22)		Skrill South & FA Cup Overachiever
2015/16	     Bedford Town	     Skrill North	13(22)		Skrill North overachiever
2016/17	     Bedford Town	     Skrill North	11(22)		Skrill North overachiever
2017/18	     Bedford Town	     Skrill South	5(21)		Skrill South, FA Cup Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
2018/19	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	19(24)		Skrill Premier, FA Trophy overachiever
2019/20	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	20(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever
2020/21	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	18(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiver
2021/22	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	17(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever         
2022/23	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	11(24)		Skrill Premier Overachiever, FA Cup Overachiever
2023/24	     Bedford Town	     Skrill Premier	2(23)		Skrill Premier Overachiever.  PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
2024/25	     Bedford Town	     Sky Bet League     2 20(24)        Johnstone's Paint Trophy Overachiever
2025/26	     Bedford Town	     Sky Bet League     2  16 (24)      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Overachiever

Rushall - 2015/16 - Skrill North - 1st

We had to fight for it but promotion was secured at the second attempt without having to go through the playoffs. With 4 games to go we were placed 2nd a point behind Stockport. We had 3 home games remaining from the 4 but of these games we had to play the 1st, 3rd and 4th placed teams. In the end we picked up two wins and two draws and can count ourselves unlucky to not win all four. Star striker Elliott Richards scored twice away at top placed Stockport only to have both ruled out for offside. Richards started the season in the AMC role as I planned to convert him to the trequista role. This wasn't as successful as I would have hoped and so I signed David Viana to play this role with Richards moving up to play his natural centre forward position. Despite this he still scored a goal every other game and Viana was a revelation.

My squad looks okay to hold its own in the Skrill Premier and I have lined up a few signings to strengthen the weaker areas.

League Table

FA Cup

FA Trophy

The Team

GK Mats Morch - Young Norwegian had a decent season in goal.

RB David Pipe - Veteran fullback did a great job on a years contract filling in until I could replace. Kept the shirt all year.

CB Tom Lockyer - Young Welsh centre-back played 52 games for Bristol Rovers before signing on a free in March.

CB Joseph Hulme - 20 year old ex-stoke centre-back. Adds pace to the backline.

LB Daniel Jones - Ex-Wolves and Sheff Wed attacking fullback. Had an excellent season.

RW Marcus Marshall - A reliable scorer from the wing but not quite good enough for the step up.

BBM Scott Davies - Decent box to box player scored 8 goals but on my list of players to be replaced.

DLP Anton Robinson - Excellent in the holding midfield role.

LW John Paul Kissock - once of Everton, did okay but liable to be replaced.

TRQ David Viana - Portugese playmaker was fantastic and balanced the team out following his November arrival.

AF Elliott Richards - The star of the side. Played half the season in the trequista midfield role otherwise would have scored more than he did.

Rushall - 2016/17 - Skrill Premier - 1st

Promotion to the league came as a massive surprise in our first season in the Skrill Premier. I had mixed feelings at the start of the season. Firstly I was shocked by the club turning professional a promotion earlier than I expected. Secondly newly promoted I would have expected my board to be happy with consolidation, instead they set my season expectation to win the league! I figured this to be a bit harsh although I was aiming for the top half of the table. As it happened we well exceeded expectations winning the league.

It took a change in January to push us on. We were kicking around the playoff places. I signed a couple of very promising Irish youngsters following their releases from Irish clubs, due to my limited resourses the plan was to develop players with potential. Most impressive was right midfielder Caolan Coleman who had 'good premiership' potential. His signing necessitated a decision on existing winger Matty Blair who was having a decent season himself. I decided that as Elliot Richards was struggling upfront I would utilise Blair's pace in this position and it reaped benefits. We won 15 of our remaining 19 games and had the championship essentially secured with several games to spare.

League Table

FA Cup

FA Trophy

The Team

GK Dan Atkinson - 21 year old Ex-Leeds Keeper had a great season.

RB Alan Duffy - 19 year old Irish midfielder who I am converting to a right back.

CB Tom Lockyer - Welsh centre-back played in the league with Bristol Rovers.

CB Joseph Hulme - In his third Season with the club. A great season from the ex-Stoke man.

LB Daniel Jones - Has suffered a number of injuries. Still did well at leftback.

RW Caolan Coleman - Exceptionally promising Irish right midfielder. Has fantastic acceleration.

BBM Andrew Tutte - ex Man City youth player, picked up on a free having been a regular for Bury in League 1.

DLP Albert Torras Crespo - On loan from Wolves, replaced Lee Frecklington who was ruled out for 4 months in July. Never lost his place.

LW Martin Woods - Played in the championship with Doncaster. Solid but liable to be replaced next season.

TRQ David Viana - Portugese Playmaker was the star of the first half of the season before injured. Probably will be released however.

AF Matty Blair - Was doing very well on the right wing until shifted upfront. His pace was arguably the catalyst for promotion.

Kings Lynn Town - 14/15 Season Summary

Pre season was very interesting - I joined with virtually no staff members so started looking for new staff members as soon as possible. After a lot of careful scouting, my backroom looks like this:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/KingsLynn_StaffMembers_zpsaa79b667.png

Competition wise, I won the Skrill North with a couple of games to spare. League table:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/SkrillNorth_OverviewProfile_zpsb29b17f6.png

In the FA Cup I lost in the 2nd Qualifying round. I was disappointed to lose that one - lost 1-0 to Chasetown following a sending off in the first half.

I lost in the 3rd round of the FA Trophy to Tamworth.

The fans were quite pleased with the League win - I even got this news item:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/SeanMcCullough_NewsInbox_zpsc37da4c7.png

The board had agreed to up the youth facilities, however cancelled it shortly afterwards due to a lack of funds. I want to get these up as quickly as possible so I can start producing my own players.

Squad:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/KingsLynnTown_SquadPlayers-2_zps2ae9d0c2.png

Season            Team                         League        Position(Predicted)         Achievements
2014/15         King's Lynn Town         Skrill North          1(18)           Skrill North Winners, Manager of the Year

Rushall - 2017/18 - League 2 - 9th

When I went into the season with no remaining wage budget, a squad of only 15 players and 4 injuries I was genuinely concerned about the prospect of relegation. This was underlined by a 5-0 thrashing on the opening day at Plymount and only 1 win in the first 11 games. A few loan signings though and we were able to start picking up some results and by October we were flying. Going into the final day we were a point behind the play-offs with a game at home to bottom placed Oldham. Unfortunately we were aweful and lost 1-0 but a win would have seen us make the play-offs first time out.

The team has a number of very promising youngster with a good core of more experienced players, I'm hoping to have a crack at promotion next season but will be happy just to survive. Cash is an issue however as we are half a mill in the red currently.

League Two Table - 9th

FA Cup - 2nd Round

League Cup - 1st Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st Round

The Team

GK Dan Atkinson - 22 year old ex-Leeds keeper is developing rapidly into a quality player at this level.

RB Tom Lockyer - Switched from centre-back to right back this season, still a solid player in the team.

CB Christy Doyne - Young and very promising but has a long way to go. Possibly a luxury to fasttrack him but did exceptionally well at the tailend of last season.

CB Derek Murray - Young midfielder signed from Dundalk in January. His attributes make for him to be a fantastic centre-back so I am converting him currently.

LB Bradley Garmston - As my left-back is very attacking Garmston is perfect with great pace and offensive attributes.

RW Caolan Coleman - Suffered a bad injury towards the end of the season but hopefully will not be adversly affected. His speed up the right flank is a massive asset.

BBM [/url] - The ex-Man City midfielder had a good second season at the club.

DLP Glynn Williams - The on-loan Watford midfielder filled a gap I was unable to with a permanent signing and did very well.

LW Martin Woods - Has been okay in his two years at the club but will be released in the summer.

TRQ Antoni Sarcevic - Probably the player of the season, was missed at the start of the season when out with injury.

AF Eunan Anderson - Could be a great player but lacks the pace upfront that I like. Hopefully has time to work on this.

Much better performance this season although we wilted at the end, just costing us a spot in the playoffs

League Table

We brought in very few new players with Cameron Gill being the only one who got substantial playing time. We did add a potential future starter at goalkeeper though, 19 year old Neil Warren, signed from Weymouth.

Improved offense was the key to our improvement. Guy Hughes and Matt Dinsmore both netted 18 goals while Gill added 11. Dinsmore also had a club record 19 assists while Hughes and Gill both were in double digits as well. We also got more offensive contributions from the rest of the team. Midfielder Sam Chaney recorded 6 goals and 5 assists, my starting fullbacks, Dan Green and Andy Dalton recorded 3 goals and 14 assists between them and I added 5 goals from Arran Pugh's replacement, Jamie Browne, a youngster from my system.

Browne, along with Geoff Brown, emerged as my center backs and should give me a good young pair to build off on defense. Another of my youngsters, Jamie Pritchard, also emerged on defense, splitting time between right fullback and defensive midfielder. He will likely replace Green as my starter at fullback next season.

Cups

FA Cup - We dominated our first match over Berkhamsted before falling in a replay against fellow league team Bognor Regis.

FA Trophy - Another one and out, we got hammered by Chelmsford.

We're looking pretty good going into next season. We are only losing two significant players. Right fullback Dan Green is going to be let go, getting a bit expensive and, although he contributes on offense, his defensive skills are lacking. I'm also going to move on from goalkeeper Ollie Chenoweth. Just wants too much money for fairly average play. Neil Warren might be his replacement but I'd prefer to find a one year stop gap I think. I'd also like to add another center back, probably a more veteran one, to help anchor my defensive line. We're looking good on the attack though with everyone resigned and a huge young striker just brought in with our youth intake, 6'6" John Bragg. He'll likely function as my third striker this season, after which I think he'll move into the starting lineup.

The board was pretty happy with us this past season although we're still slowly bleeding money. We need to get into the promotion playoff again, I'm not going to be happy with anything less.

Rushall - 2018/19 - League Two - 5th

A good second season in the league and we pushed close for promotion. We managed the playoffs but were defeated in the semis by Shrewsbury. I have some work to do in the pre-season as I have lost a couple of key players. On the plus side the sales of Garmston and Anderson netted a decent windfall giving me room to manoever.

League Two Table - 5th

FA Cup - 1st Round

League Cup - 3rd Round

The Team

GK Dan Atkinson - Another good season for the reliable keeper.

RB David Nesbitt - Pacy young fullback. The only player I have paid a fee for thus far.

CB William Wallace - No Relation... good young Northern Irish centreback signed following his release from Southampton

CB Derek Murray - Has re-trained from midfield well. May be due for replacement however.

LB Bradley Garmston - Pacy leftback. Disappointingly requested a transfers so looks likely to leave.

RW [/url]Caolan Coleman - Pacy wide midfielder. Injury prone but still developing nicely.

BBM Dan Gosling - Once of Everton and Newcastle. Signed towards the end of the season and did okay but was not spectacular.

DLP Brice Wassi - Ex-Blackburn youngster did well in the holding midfield role.

LW Ruben Lameiras - Portugese left midfielder. Didn't have in immense season, hopefully will contribute more next time out.

TRQ Ryan Mason - One of a few players tried in the creative midfield spot. Hopefully I can pick up an exceptional player to replace him but will do okay if required.

AF Eunan Anderson - Had a great season scoring 24 goals. Requested a transfer and has agreed to go for £1.5m.

This looks like a challenge I fancy, can anyone playing this confirm wether or not the newly promoted teams have leagues for their reserves and U19s?

Hi mate I'm pretty sure they do, can depend on the club finances though but there is always 1 option available.

Im thinking of doing this myself, been reading through this thread and feeling quite inspired now :)

Rushall - 2019/20 - League Two - 1st

On paper the season was a massive success. In October it looked different though, five of my first team players requested a chat about their concerns regarding the teams poor performance in the league. We were in the bottom 5 of the league after 16 games. To a degree we were unlucky as we outplayed numerous teams and didn't score as many as we should. The signing of Joe Bennett to play leftback made a massive difference, he replaced teenager Dwayne Pope who has fantastic potential but is nowhere near the finished article. We swiftly drove up the league and were top only ten games later. This shows how close the table was this year. We never surrendered top spot for the remaining twenty games.

There was a big job at the start of the season. A number of first team players left most notably striker Eunan Anderson. This left me with funds to spend but needing players. Anderson was replaced by Terrence Kennedy, a young striker from Drogheda United.He is very, very quick but has a lot of development to do. He scored a respectable 22 league goals but could have doubled that number with goals ruled out for running offside. Hopefully he develops quickly to compete in League One next season.

League Two Table - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

League Cup - 3rd

The Team

GK Dan Atkinson - A fourth solid season for the ex-Leeds keeper.

RB David Nesbitt - Pacy young fullback now has a full cap for Northern Ireland

CB John Lordan - Promising 19 year old centreback signed at the start of the season for £185k from Bohemians.

CB William Wallace - The 22 year old centreback is a regular in Northern Ireland squads but is yet to receive a cap.

LB Joe Bennett - Attacking fullback was getting regular games for Hull in the Premier League before signing on a free.

RW Ross McCulloch - Signed in January after a long term injury to regular right winger Caolan Coleman. Was fantastic in the run in.

BBM Dan Gosling - Experienced midfielder contributed 8 goals and 11 assists.

DLP George Melis - Holding midfielder signed at the start of the season had a 90% passing ratio.

LW Ruben Lameiras - A good season from the Portugese left winger.

TRQ Ryan Mason - The attacking midfielder was quality but will be released in the summer.

AF Terrence Kennedy - Replaced big money transfer Eunan Anderson and added fantastic pace up front. Still raw but has great potential.

Badge.jpg

After a fair amount of reloading i finally settled on my birthtown of Margate

Margate_Overview.jpg

Overview of Margate FC

Manager_Profile.jpg

My profile

Hartsdown_Park.jpg

Mighty Hartsdown Park

My squad average age is 19

With no staff at the club my first job is to recruit an Assistant manager

Canvey Island - Skrill South- 2015/16

so i said i wanted to learn from my mistakes and try do better this season and we did.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we were brilliant this season took a while for the players to get used to the new system i had decided i wanted to play but once they got used to it we went on to win the League

The Fa Cup - This year i wanted to go on cup run and we did went to the first round and got beat 2-0.

The Fa Trophy - This wanted to try our back up players and they did well.

Transfers - There bit money but i pushed it all into paying the players wages.

Squad - I was pleased with the squad they did well.

Finances - Moved most of the transfer budget into paying the wages for the players witch helped me a bit but still a bit poor.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - he is my top scorer this season had few injuries later in the season but did well.

Patrick Hyslop - our young goalkeepers i decided to give him a bit more first team football this season.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our goalkeeper had decent season.

Jay Nash - had another decent season.

Matthew Game -Another good season from the club captain .

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  England    Canvey Island   Skrill South     10th     None  
2015/16   England   Canvey Island   Skrill  South     1st      Champions 

Next Season

To try and build a decent squad for the long hard road to avoid relegation.

Just got FM14 yesterday and wanted to give this a shot, found a nice skin pack and logo pack making it look decent.

I've already played half a season just to ensure I didn't post then fail and restart (did that a few times on FM13 lol) so here's my screenshots from setting up i'll post an end of season review tomorrow.

I took over the club and with a poor wage budget I had to clear out most the squad. I've rebuilt it to play 3-5-2 and don't have much if any reliable depth. I began the season very well and after 18games we're currently sat in Play-off position. Which is down in no small part to an existing striker (Walker) who has already scored 24goals (league top so far).

I'll post up a full season review most likely tomorrow but so far looking good for Play-offs had some very lucky results so doubt i'll repeat in second half of the season to go for title - but I can hope :)

I ended up playing through alot quicker than expected as I had no money left to spend fixing the issues since my last post. I did blow my wage budget by £200 when renewing some key contracts. The most important being Dave Walker, 42 goals in 45 league appearences is incredible in my eye and he hit league top scorer with it (the guy in 2nd had 33).

The season started great would of liked some of those draws to be wins but I was happy not to be losing but for a while I thought automatic promotion was on the cards. Things turned on me by mid-season and remained spotty throughout, this is because my squad lacks depth due to my "clearout" and minor injuries kept me fielding some v.poor reserve players.

I was extremely fortunate to win the play-off's having goals against me disallowed for off-side after losing possession to mistakes. I was given a two year contract extension so plenty of time to resolve the short-comings of the squad.

I haven't played through to find out my budgets for next season but I'm assuming they will be slightly lower than this season but I'm planning to release alot of players and buy in cheaper as they are earning more than they deserve (£400 for a terrible defender).

I'll be using the next season to really fix things more than challenge for anything, my attack is solid but defense is too easy to over-come and buckle's under pressure so they will need to go. I'll try to add some depth but that depends on budget's.

Wish me luck :)

Season      Team        League           Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Rushall     Skrill North     5th           Promoted (playoffs)

I'm just not very good at this game :)

League Table

Another top half finish but short of the playoffs in 8th. Our defense took an unsurprising hit with the loss of Chenoweth. I didn't find any veteran keepers that interested me so I went with a teenager, Erick Joseph. I went into the season with him rotating with Neil Warren but eventually Joseph won out as the starter. I probably gave Warren too many starts in retrospect. Warren was bad enough that I'm going to let him walk away. Joseph was by no means great but he showed enough flashes.

My defense certainly didn't help my goalkeepers enough. Right fullback Jamie Pritchard was definitely our best defender and is becoming one of my best players. On the left side Jordan Copp ended up playing a lot because of injury and fairly poor performance from Andy Dalton. Copp ended up being one of my leading goal scorers with 9, but 6 of those came on penalties. Geoff Brown was our best central defender and chipped in 8 goals as well, but he also had some pretty horrible games. My coaches keep raving about his improvement though so I think he'll be fine long term. My other central defender spot was an issue all season. We tried bringing in a veteran, 30 year old Leigh Mills but he was disappointing at best. We brought in another, younger alternative during the winter transfer, Laurance Kirkland. He was erratic, but showed enough toward the end that I'm bringing him back for another season. Jamie Browne probably was our 2nd best central defender but I still seem him better as a backup option.

Our midfield continued to be solid if unspectacular. We have a lot of good passers in there but Sam Chaney is the only real goal threat, netting 5 this season. One of my youngsters, Kieran Hickman, really stepped up and became a primary backup for me with a lot of solid performances.

On the attacking side, 16 year old John Bragg really stepped up and forced me into a rotation between him, Dinsmore and Gill. Bragg and Guy Hughes both led my goal scoring with 13 apiece, Bragg also chipped in 10 assists. Matt Dinsmore went through an early scoring drought but ended up with 11 goals and 11 assists. Cameron Gill was a bit disappointing, only finding the net 6 times to go with 11 assists.

Not much to say about the FA Cup and FA Trophy, we were bounced in the first game of the FA Cup by league mates Welling 0-2 and, after a 3-0 over Bognor Regis, we were dominated by Skrill Premier side Basingstoke 0-2.

We had a board takeover and I was a bit worried when they told me they weren't going to inject any more cash for us as that had been a regular occurrence to keep us afloat, but we got another injection just before the season ended. As long as we finish in the top half and stay in budget, ownership seems pretty content.

I'm pretty confident of at least a top 5 finish next season. We were very young this year, my side should only get better with experience. I'm only looking at two major losses, Cameron Gill, who just wants too much for being my third best striker, and Cody Cooke, who I really like in the middle but his contract demands are outpacing his ability. If we can shore up the defense some and maybe find more of a playmaker in the middle, we should be in good shape.

So much for my plan of waiting half a season so I wouldnt have to restart :p

Season 2 started got similar budget I had before but I couldnt get any remotely good player in and was left with a shockingly poor squad - issue 1. Then I get a new board who were promising the world for the clubs future and how they would throw money in for transfers - which never appeared. They also wanted a new manager but let me stay on - mostly to torture me.

Outmanned the squad fell to bits we sat just edging over relegation for most the season until we took on a few too many injuries and slipped into it. when the board pulled me to the side to say they want 9 points from the next 5 games - I got....1 point lol So That was me shortly after out on my ass.

Will be retrying but will post up my first season review (and intro) together tomorrow.

Rushall - 2020/21 - League 1 - 4th

A first season in League One could well have seen promotion first time out. It took a 109th minute winner to deny us in the playoff final. The team needs work however and star striker Terrence Kennedy may be sacrificed to fund this. Hopefully we can go the next step next season and make the Championship but I think the team needs overhauling as it is essentially the same side that was promoted from League Two.

League One Table - 4th - Playoff Final Runners Up

FA Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - 1st Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd Round

The Team

GK Nathan Young - Young keeper on loan from Everton following sale of Atkinson to Tottenham. Did well

RB David Nesbitt - Irish Rightback is pacy but has not developed as quickly as I would have liked.

CB John Lordan - Young Irish international. Wants to move to a bigger club.

CB William Wallace - 23 year old Northern Irish centre-back. Now a regular in the international side.

LB Joe Bennett - Another good season for the ex-Hull City attacking leftback.

RW Ross McCulloch - Another cracking season for the Scottish winger. Might move on however.

BBM Dan Gosling - A decent season for the experienced midfielder. Out of contract in the summer and will be released.

DLP George Melis - A steady season for the Australia holding midfielder but gave away a late penalty in the playoff final.

LW Ruben Lameiras - Rubens best goalscoring season so far for the club with 8 goals.

TRQ Steven Alessandra - A good season for the ex-Man City youngster contributing 18 assists. May be moved on as he failed to develop at all during the season.

AF Terrence Kennedy - Scored 34 goals and has become the star of the team. May be sacrificed for funds.

29l6ftT.png

Initial Screenshots

Club Overview | Squad | Finances

Manager | Profile | Reputation

Season Review Screenshots

Club Overview | Table | Transfers | Finances | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Manager | Key Player : None this Season

So the restart was fast and I quickly settled so hence quick season 1. I opted for St Neots, not because of their squad, or their finances... I just love that logo reminds me of a blue spartan lol

However, within 5 minutes I could tell this would be much more fun than my Rushall save, plenty of existing depth and a few thousands excess in wages once contracts expired allowing me to fix key areas. They also gave me £9k in a transfer budget but never use that in low division plenty of free talent out there.

I played a 4-1-4-1 formation for the entire season, never changed it once. I didn't have too we won the league with 2 games to spare and always looked to be the case since we were dominating most games with 60%+ possession and twice or three times as many shots as the opposition - to be fair at one point I thought we would take second but this was because AFC Telford were going unbeaten and had 5-6pts on us. I could pick out a few key players but to be fair their was no stand-out the team worked exceptionally well. During November I got 3 injuries all for two months of first team players - backups stepped in and kept things chugging so depth was never an issue.

I had originally planned to renew as many contracts as possible but alot not interested - just means more free players to come in during the off-season my scout has about 900 found for me to delve into.

As for tournaments I played rotated squad and they did v.well although overall my team performed worse against poor teams I'm not overly fussed winning wasn't on the table for me and in the FA Cup I would of played Plymouth next and in my stadium so no loss of funding their.

Hoping next season I'm given the same (or more welcome) to spend on players and I can make sure we stay up. I've renewed all staff but one coach who I'll replace with a physio. I got given a 1 year renewal of my contract so come on year 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     St.Neots    Skrill North     1st           Champions, MOTY

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2015/2016 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player - Non again

I got everything I asked for, decent budget (about 3k wages after expired contracts) and £9k to cover transfer costs. I got to spending it quite hastily and brought in some fresh faces feeling quite confident, unfortunately I took longer than I had planned which meant friendlies were cut short.

Once the season started we were on the back-foot not fluent with the tactic and really struggling to stay above water, I had to switch to tinkering and varied between 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. I had drawn up a 4-3-3 but hadn't used it until December and it was a massive improvement for my squad. As seen from the fixture results.

The squad itself still need's work and I'm not planning to renew anyone just let contracts roll as they'll want more money I refuse to spend. I have a handful with a year left so I'll use them to work from. I'll need to bring in plenty of faces but first I'll be replacing my scouts as they keep finding me poor options. I need to add more strength to my midfield and extra depth to attack but I may extend further if finances allow. I may also replace one of my coaches for a fitness coach but haven't decided yet.

My goal for the coming season will be to challenge for promotion as I don't want to be stuck in this division to long as it will eventually ruin my finances irrevicably. I would like to win the FA Trophy before progressing further through the leagues so hopefully this will be the year for it. I'll be sticking with the 4-3-3 and see how it plays out.

2015/16     St.Neots    Skrill Premier   14th          Avoid Relegation

FC_United.png

The New Noisy Neighbours: FC United 2016-17 Season Review

Season Review

After a double promotion and with memories of how my Bury Town attempt ended, my fears only grew after losing the season opener to Northampton. Things got worse as we got tonked 6-2 by Bradford City in our first ever League Cup game. However, after that we were much better with a run of six games unbeaten, and were among the leading pack by the time teams began to sort themselves out. Players like Shaun Harrad, Graham Burke and Khalil Lambin turned what could have been an average season into something special. As usual, Luke Ashworth proved to be the keystone in our defence. The party was spoiled a little bit by us losing all three games after our title was confirmed, but I'm delighted to see us go up once again. Onto League One!

Competitions in brief

League (1st)

A third excellent season in a row, though the gap between us and the chasing pack flatters us greatly after losing 4-1 to Walsall and 5-3 to Hartlepool.

FA Cup (1st Round)

A disappointing draw gave us Fleetwood of League One, who were just about too good for us.

League Cup (1st Round)

The less said about this, the better.

Winners & Losers

Premier League: Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Swansea (CL), Chelsea, Watford (EL) Relegated: Leeds, West Ham, Fulham

Championship: QPR, Reading, Nottm Forest Relegated: Charlton, Leicester, Barnsley

League One: Wolves, Blackpool, Peterborough Relegated: Notts Co, Yeovil, Crawley, Carlisle

League Two: FC United, Mansfield, Hartlepool, Walsall Relegated: Bristol Rovers, Grimsby

Conference National: Plymouth, Morecambe Relegated: Southport, FC Halifax, Tamworth, Hereford

Conference North: Redditch, Stockport Relegated: Histon, Hinckley, Cambridge C

Conference South: Dartford, Eastbourne Boro Relegated: Gloucester, Billericay, AFC Hornchurch

Promoted from level 7: Woking, Marine, Chorley, Canvey Island, Dorchester, Weston-super-Mare

FA Cup: Derby (v Man City)

League Cup: Chelsea (v Norwich)

JPT: Dag & Red (v Notts Co)

Champion's League: R. Madrid (v Man Utd)

Europa League: Schalke (v Espanyol)

English Clubs in Europe:

Arsenal: Lost in Club World Cup final to Cruz Azul, Won Super Cup, Eliminated from Champion's League semi-final (by R. Madrid)

Southampton: Eliminated from Europa League First Knockout Round (by Lazio)

Man City: Eliminated from Champion's League First Knockout Round (by Benfica)

Tottenham: Eliminated from Europa League Quarter Finals (by Marseille)

West Brom: Eliminated from Europa League Quarter Finals (by Schalke)

Chelsea: Eliminated from Champion's League Quarter Finals (by R. Madrid)

Man Utd: Lost Champion's League final (to R. Madrid)

Best Eleven (Season) | Best Eleven (Career) | Facts & Figures

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2016/2017 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player | Key Match

Well....bejeezus! That's the only word I have for this season, it was right down to the nail. I've added a screenshot for the omg omg omg game which was the 4-4 draw that put us ahead of kidderminster. They had us beat 4-1! The final goal coming in injury time to seal the draw and I nearly fell out of my seat lol.

Cups/Trophy's we didn't even get going, I don't mind though if we had to contend with those fixtures the season wouldn't have ended in a win - which is most important afterall.

The season started with a bit of a straggle as 3 of the players I brought in had 7-8week injuries from the friendlies they turned out to be solid players though so worth the wait getting them in action. There were a few spotty games and I've definitely conceding far more goals than I want so before I even start the next season I'm going to have some "sit-down and think" time to try and resolve it I may even switch from 4-3-3 to 5-3-2 but im not sure maybe just for away games.

Moving up a division is going to panic me, hopefully the board will lavish me with funds and all the joys of spring but I doubt it so next season has to be rebuild and try desperately to win a few games. But in reality I'll probably be knocked straight back down and just have to hope my board love me enough to keep me on.

Unfortunately real life is now back and haunting me and I have uni work to be doing (OU Student) so the updates wont be quite as fast but a season in 2days should still be attainable given my current addiction lol

2015/16     St.Neots    Skrill Premier   14th         Avoid Relegation
2016/17     St.Neots    Skrill Premier   1st           Champions, MOTY

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2017/2018 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player - None

(I lied, I did zero uni work today - tomorrow i will im sure lol)

A long and disappointing season, didn't have any reason to not just fly through the matches and ignore it for the most part. I brought in a selection of players not one of them met a decent standard, those I had didn't step up either. I tried about 10 tactics throughout the season the only glitters of hope from a 4-5-1 but nothing joyous. I was stuck with barely any options throughout the entire season with players getting 2month injuries constantly (despite stay on feet & stand off) I went into atleast a dozen games with 1-2subs and that with a squad of 20 players.

Despite this and the incredible runs without a win (or draw) we never fell into the relegation spots, we sat around the 20 mark the entire season and generally safe from game-to-game.

I've sacked the scouts, not renewing any contracts. Planning to off-load as many players as possible, dropping the assistant manager and going to rebuild entirely. This season is definitely one to forget as quick as possible.

Future signings 1year with option to extend until im in Skybet Championship! Next year I have a wage budget of 18k and transfer of 25.5k

Season      Team        League                 Position      Achievements
2014/15     St.Neots    Skrill North           1st           Champions, MOTY
2015/16     St.Neots    Skrill Premier         14th          Avoid Relegation
2016/17     St.Neots    Skrill Premier         1st           Champions, MOTY
2017/18     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        21st          Avoid Relegation

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2018/2019 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player - None

Well this season took 2days but no-one posted so still feel like a spammer...oh well lol

I completely rebuilt the squad as promised and well that didn't work so well - or rather it did but not in the league. I had a great run in the FA until Man U brought it to a stop (nice gate receipts though).

The league was poor until January when I asked for more wages and the board gave me £2k more to spend. I brought in a couple of players and took a break from playing to read into how to utilize opposition scouting reports. Up until now I was always using deep defense no matter which formation I opted for (4-2-2-2, 4,3-2,1 etc) I always had my defense set to deep assuming this would keep things tight. Well that was a mistake, I switched my defense to push high & off-side trap on and the results quickly turned around.

Needless to see the last 15games of the league were much better than the first and I'm feeling that next season we'll be top half (hoping for more). I'll probably bring in 2-3players to replace those exiting but no real changes I have most players staying on.

Due to the FA run the clubs finances are looking tidy so I think the board would allow me the funds for a star striker as I'm lacking up-front. I'll be playing 4-1-4-1 counter the entire season (switching to control if favorite, contain once leading after 70min). I should note I also only just started using contain since the January read too; I never really gave it much thought before but it's stopped me leaking goals as much. As for my own contract I had 1year left but got them to extend it until 2022 so no fear's of being sacked anytime soon.

2018/19     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        21st           

Rushall - 2021/22 - League 1 - 2nd

An odd season, I started by transfer listing the entire first team and managing to rake in £6m in transfer fees. This boost to the kitty allowed me to go on a spending spree, mainly on free transfers at higher wages than previous. The only player not replaced was captain George Melis (who did receive a 250k bid which I viewed as too low) and centre-back Christy Doyne who had been my reserve centre-back for two seasons. Christy was a revelation and developed quickly. Unfortunately I hadn't considered that the wages were going to run me close to the fair play wage budget. I was lucky that I was able to make my final signing keeper Sam Walker as he proved vital.

The team I put together I was confident would be good enough to push me on from the previous seasons 4th place finish as it was a major improvement on last seasons squad. At Christmas however we were sat in lower mid-table and a couple of players were voicing concerns about underachievement. Part of the problem was gelling a whole new team. Also an issue was striker Paul McSweeney's prefered move 'Comes Deep to Get Ball', as the sole player leading the line this caused too many occasions where we lacked a presence in the box. He still scored 27 league goals and is possibly the star player of the team. Also the link player, Trequista Kevin Warrington was poor in the early stages.

A good new year run pushed us up the table into the playoffs and we sat in 5th place from the 26th to the 42nd game of the season. We then benefitted from West Ham's late season collapse and ended up in 2nd place with one game of the season to go. It still looked like automatic promotion was unlikely as our final game was away at 6th place Blackpool with Swindon and Shrewsbury still in contention. we took a 2-0 lead but Blackpool pegged us back to 2-2. An 87th minute winner by Jose Campana (his first for the club having joined in March) confirmed promotion to the Championship. In the end that win was redundant though as both Swindon and Shrewsbury lost.

League One Table

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

The Team

GK Sam Walker - Ex-Rotherham keeper made a massive difference.

RB Chris Fallon - Young Irish defender, had a steady season.

CB Chisty Doyne - Irish Centreback was a revelation, having been with the club for a couple of years he got his spot and deserved it.

CB Daniel Ellis - Ex-Norwich defender did okay in his first season with the club.

LB Aled Clifford - Pacy left-back had injury problems that set him back.

RW Kadeem Harris - Right winger joined from Championship Portsmouth and had a great season. May be sold in the summer however.

BBM Wes McDonald - Midfielder signed from Tranmere and has a good season.

DLP Jose Campana - Signed in March and stablised the team from the vital deep midfield position.

LW Will Hayhurst - Look like a great signing from Partick Thistle but suffered bad injuries.

TRQ Kevin Warrington - ex-Leeds Attacking midfielder looked terrible for the first half of the season, recovered and did well in the run in.

AF Paul McSweeney - Striker is possibly the star of the team, scored 27 goals following his move from Shamrock Rovers.

4 seasons at Ashton Utd with 3 mid table finishes and then... administration and a 10 deduction in my 4th season was the nail in the coffin. Will try it a again with more success hopefully!I boss possession and shots on/off target but I only wish I could play without a goalkeeper as opposition shots on target always equals my goals conceded, which is so annoying! gk's

are a waste of an 11th man and wages!

AFC Fylde – Premier League 2031/32 – Season 18

Well it's been a while, but watching the World Cup has got me back into the mood to play FM.

First a quick recap last season we finished Second behind an unstoppable Man City, but finally ended our long wait for a cup trophy winning both the FA and League Cups, whilst our debut Champions League campaign was ended by City at the Semi-Final stage, and to make things more interesting for the upcoming season both City and Chelsea were banned from Europe for over spending and finally we have a new stadium on the way due to be completed in two seasons.

The boards expectations this season were for us to claim a Champions League Spot, though the Media only predicted a fifth placed finish, whilst the bookies gave us an outside chance with the top four and ourselves breaking away from the rest of the league with newly rich QPR expected to finish below me.

Rich List - Despite not having much money we climbed upto 7th and are now richer than Barcelona and FC Bayern.

Transfers - It was a quiet but expensive season, saleswise I sold English Attacker Luke Allinson to QPR for a silly £20m - he was a useful player but he was never going to be first choice and I couldn't turn down that kind of money, I did feel sorry for him until I saw that QPR were paying him £99K p/w, the other departure was Experienced Midfielder Ivo who was moaning about wanting more money.

Signings wise I spent big on a couple of players first spending a frankly silly £8m on young English Keeper Higton and then in Jan I smashed my transfer record (previous was £11m) spending £28m+ on German Wonderkid Sven Schmitt to add some quality to my midfield - he was expensive but my small wage budget is really limiting my ability to sign players at the next level I need, I did try to sign a cheaper player first but after having agreed to pay him £50K p/w Paris came in and offered him £250K p/w :(

Community Shield - The less said about this the better as we just didn't turn up.

Champions League - We went straight in at the Group Stage this season but were only third seeds which gave us an interesting group including Paris who've won the Champions League four times and lost the final once since the game started, the second seeds were Valencia who'd only made it out of the Group Stage once in nine attempts, but have made it to the Europa League Final three times winning it on one occasion, witht the final side being Basel, who'd made it all the way to the Semi-Final of the Europa League back in 2018.

Group Stage - We just about topped a tight group with a final day win over Valenica, though I did field a weakened side in most games including the trip to Basel where two goals from my Academy Striker Grosvenor on his debut helped us to a solid win.

Knockout Round drew us against Turkish side Fenerbache who'd made it out of the group stages for only the second time, with the First Leg in Turkey we dominated the game but had to wait for the final 10 minutes before we finally punished them with three late goals, this allowed me to rest players for the Second Leg as we claimed a comfortable victory.

The Quarter Final drew us against fellow English side Arsenal, and the First Leg was a close game however a 2-2 home draw wasn't great, unfortunatly going into the Second Leg I was missing Defenders Domingos and Scaffidi aswell as midfielders Parsons and Schmitt and what resulted was a woeful performance we conceeded early thanks to a mistake from backup left back Bunce and despite having several chances including three sitters we failed to even hit the target once during the match and were dumped out yet again by another English side :(

League Cup - We again made it to the Final though we had to do things the hard way this season, my second string just about beat Arsenal before we needed a late goal to knock out City in the Quarter Final, whilst in the Semi-Final we needed a last minute goal from Centre-Back Domingos - only his third for the club - to set up a Final against Man Utd.

Going into the Final our record against Utd was woeful in 21 matches we'd only won two having lost 15 times, however Utd's record in the League Cup Final was even worse this was to be their ninth appearnce since the game had started and they'd lost all of them so far, and even weirder we were the favourites going into the game.

The Final didn't get off to the best of starts as we went one down after leaving Utd's winger unmarked at the far post as they scored their only shot on target, we then missed two glorious chances to equalize first Perez putting a chance wide after having run half the pitch and then Defender John had a header cleared from off the line, eventually we did score with Reinaldo getting free in the box, and then on the hour Record Signing Schmitt scored his first goal for the club with a tap in (in pretty much his first full game - he'd made a couple of appearances so far but had gone off injured early in each game) before Perez made sure we retained the League Cup with a late goal. :)

League Cup Final Youtube video:

[video=youtube_share;zJgWp-HTL7o]

FA Cup - We weren't able to retain the FA Cup as Man Utd knocked us out for the fourth time and just a week after we'd beaten them in the League Cup Final (we also faced them mid-week in the league which was a 1-1 draw) though I did field a weakened side as the league games were more important, also rather interesting in each game but the Utd one we conceeded the first goal.

Premier League - Solid season as we break into the top four for the third straight season though still a way from mounting a title challenge. A poor start left us playing catchup to the top four though it did take us half the season just to overtake West Ham in fifth and with the season entering its end run we finally overtook Arsenal and were left in a tight three way tussle with Chelsea and Utd for second as City had walked away with the league by then, eventually beating Utd on goals scored :)

However the season could have gone differently if not for a crazy game at Chelsea - we were 2-0 down after 10mins, after 11mins Chelsea were reduced to 10 men but by half-time they were 4-0 up and we were dead and buried, but in the second half a pen gave us a slim hope before we conceeded again and with 30mins left finally turned up as we somehow brought it back to 5-4 but just couldn't score a fifth - if we'd won that game we'd have finished second though if we didn't bring it back to 5-4 we'd have finished fourth.

Though the fight to finish in the top four was again pointless as Man City have again been kicked out of Europe for overspending which means they'll be walking the league again :(

Squad and Overview

Belgian Keeper Rayan Messaoudi had another solid season, whilst new signing David Higton was given several games to develop him.

In Defence my former-Wonderkid Full-Backs Alan Woods and Giuseppe Scaffidi had disapointing seasons though they did both find themselves capped for England and Italy though they both still have room to improve.

In the Centre of Defence Portuguese Defender Cesar Domingos had a solid season and has finally started to learn English, partnering him was my English Wonderkid Ashley John who was given a chance after I noticed he'd become a regular for England and took his chance with some solid performances.

In the Centre of Midfield Welshman Nathan Jenkins didn't really impress so a club record £28.5m (plus clauses) was spent on German Wonderkid Sven Schmitt who had a bit of a slow start picking up a couple of injuries but started to repay his fee with a goal in the League Cup Final and showed glimpses of his potential as he found his feet, partnering them in the defensive role was another English Wonderkid Kieron Parsons who had a shaky debut season but his attributes have shot up and hopefully his performances will improve next season with Schmitt next to him.

In the Attacking Midfielder position was Brazilian Reinaldo who had another fine season though not as good as his last two as he went missing in a couple of games but did well enough to be named in the World Dream Team (first of my players to get on the pitch, second player in the team after Perez made the bench last season), providing cover was an Italian Wonderkid Boris Ientile on loan from Juventus who put in some excellent performances and claimed the European Golden Boy Award, whilst Legend Christian Kieffer also proved useful when called upon as he broke Curtis Hall's League Appearance record of 284 and finished the season with a round 300.

On the Wings Flamboyant Bolvian Carlos Mejia had a solid season though he was let down by some poor finishing and really should have had more goals, whilst down the Left Croatian Marko Crnkovic had a poor season and his in danger of losing his place to Danish Wonderkid Peter Jensen who put in some good performances but is still a little too raw to be a starter.

Upfront Spanish Striker Jose Perez had a mixed season as he was let down by some poor finishing and a three month injury layoff didn't help him, thankfully Swede Patrik Hellstrom finally stepped up with some goals whilst Perez was out, though my top Scorer was Argentine Striker Jonathan Llop who scored an impressive 19 goals despite spending most of the season playing on the Right Wing or coming off the bench he even found himself named in the Champions League Dream Team, though he is moaning about wanting more money yet again so not sure if he's going to be in my long term plans.

Best XI - Due to the form of Ientile Reinaldo is moved into Parsons place, whilst Graham is preffered to Domingos at DC.

Overall XI - Scaffidi becomes the latest player to make our Overall XI, with Mejia and Woods making the bench.

Academy - We finally maxed out our Youth Recruitment rating to max out all of our facilites and were rewarded with several promising players this season the best of the bunch being English Midfielders Grant McDonnell and local lad Ollie Johnson (rather typical that I get two quality midfielders after splashing out on one) and Italian Right Winger Gianmario Fogaroli who was given a cheeky game to become our and the leagues youngest player he also scored a goal to make him the youngest scorer aswell and the only 15yo to score in the Prem :)

Finances - Still not that great though we only lost money due to the signing of Schmitt and with our new stadium ready in a years time things are looking up, though we have the 14th smallest wage budget still, whilst Salisbury who's stadium is half the size of ours (at 6,000) had double our wage budget thanks to their tycoon owner, whilst City's wage bill is three times ours.

Co-Efficient - We move upto 15th which should ensure we are second seeds next season.

Nationality Break Down:

18: ENG

4: DEN

3: ITA

2: SCO, WAL

1: ARG, AUT, BEL, BOL, BRA, CRO, FRA, GER, ESP, NIR, POR, KSA, SWE

Homegrown (15-21 excluding yth players):

Club: 15

Nation: 10

Due: 10

Registered League Squad: 11 from 16 players.

Goals for next season

- Continue to narrow the gap with the top sides, hopefully make a run for the title or avoid an English side in Europe.

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14/15[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Skrill North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]20,675 / 27,370[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Skrill Premier[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]27,387 / 51,605[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]18th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]46,936 / 98,541[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]51,575 / 150,116[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]72,604 / 222,720[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]119,257 / 341,977[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]103,178 / 445,155[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Champions - Promoted![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]944,378 / 1,389,533[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]156,012 / 1,545,545[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25/26[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]165,782 / 1,711,327[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26/27[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa 1st KO[/TD]

[TD]177,426 / 1,888,753[/TD]

[TD]32.092 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]27/28[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]148,102 / 2,036,855[/TD]

[TD]31.617 (65)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28/29[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Europa Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]286,240 / 2,319,502[/TD]

[TD]57.560 (36)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29/30[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Finalists[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]272,759 / 2,592,261[/TD]

[TD]58.831 (38)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]30/31[/TD]

[TD]Premier Divsion[/TD]

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]FA & League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]1,172,506 / 3,764,767[/TD]

[TD]88.718 (21)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]31/32[/TD]

[TD]Premier Division[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]UCL QF[/TD]

[TD]615,424 / 4,380,191 [/TD]

[TD]101.925 (15th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So yeah, 16th place, decent defense but forgot how to score for much of the season.

League Table

We were the youngest team in the Skrill South and it showed. Bragg was our leading goal scorer with 15, our second leading scorer was one of our young strikers, Clay Burnell, who spent last season on loan with Mangotsfield. He scored 12 goals and had 9 assists in 32 appearances. Guy Hughes also had 9 goals and led the team with 12 assists. Matt Dinsmore was quite a disappointment, only 5 goals. No one else scored more than 3.

We also brought in three very good but very young players who were okay this season but should be very good in the future. I'm most excited about my young center back Darren Masters. He had a solid but unspectacular first season with us and also become our youngest ever goal scorer. I also got an excellent ball playing defensive midfielder out of my most recent intake, Ross Lowe. And I added a potentially strong young goalkeeper, Peter Kuhl, on a free from League 2 side Exeter. I started the season with him splitting time with Erick Joseph and I was initially more impressed by Joseph but by the end of the season, Kuhl was the winner.

We managed to win our first FA Cup matchup against Hungerford after drawing the first game. We met fellow Skrill South side Staines next and ended up with a draw in the first game before getting destroyed in the second game 0-4 after an early red card by Jamie Pritchard.

We had our best FA Trophy run yet though, which may have saved our job for next season. We beat Chelmsford 2-0 in our first game on the road, then beat Peacehaven 2-0 as well. After that we managed our first win against a higher division squad, taking down Skrill Premier side FC Halifax 2-1 in a game we pretty well dominated. Unfortunately our run came to a disappointing end as we drew our first game with lower league side Hitching 0-0 and then lost at home to them in the replay 0-1.

I really like this team's potential going forward given how young it is. We're bringing our defense back pretty much intact. Up front will be more contentious. Guy Hughes is finally tired of toiling in the Skrill South and refuses to resign. Sam Chaney is willing to come back but I can't afford his demands. And I'm letting Dinsmore walk since he's my third best striker and is generally just a whiner who hates expectations. We'll need to find some attacking help next season.

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2019/2020 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player

Season Review 2020/2021 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player

I've decided I'll do league reviews from this point as im flying through the seasons and it's just become me spam on the forum.

In the 19/20 season their were more changes than I planned. Unfortunately we had alot of injuries and the only real "injury" free time was around January and we pushed into a mid-table position, soon after injuries piled in and we slipped in form again, fortunately recovering enough points for a good mid-table finish.

I've renewed contracts of a few players but I'm letting the more expensive leave or those not really contributing to replace with cheaper players of similar quality. Provided I can add depth I can't see any reason why a title challenge can't be on the cards next season.

The clubs finances took a beating but fortunately the league stays pretty well even as far as payments each year go balancing the books so I'm assuming my board will give me around 20k to spend which means I can safely bring in more than 10players once the contracts expire.

Roll on an injury free season and a shot going for gold!

--------

For 20/21 we finally got promoted it was 3rd place but v.close the entire way we got through on Goal difference and that is down to my Key Player. I threw a huge amount of money into signing him and in my view it was worth it as I feel it's a long term investment that will eventually reward a profit.

The season itself went well we had some Injury issues but nothing to extreme, my key player had 2week injury coming up to the end of the season but fortunately the other teams on my tail failed in their last 2 games aswell - very lucky escape (thank you fm lord). We won the JPT; again close but down to a good defense.

The clubs in financial hell at the moment I'm hoping sponsorships and tv rights will bring some order to that mess but yet to be seen. I have a fair few players leaving which was always planned for promotion so I can rebuild and aim for mid-table next year (with luck) but I'll settle for staying safely within wage budget and avoiding relegation as Finances are now a main priority for me.

Anyways as I said defense was key we conceeded the least goals in the league by 23! Conceeding just 37 in the 46games which Im very pleased with. Hopefully it will be as solid next year!

2019/20     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        14th           
2020/21     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        3rd           Promoted, JPT Winner           

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2016/17

So last season we got promoted and this season was all about trying to get a decent balance in the squad and try avoid relegation in the mean time.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we managed to get a few wins here and there witch helped us survive the season.

The Fa Cup - This year i decided to try the kids and did not work.

The Fa Trophy - Again i wanted to try our back up players and they did well.

Transfers - There bit money but pushed it all into paying the players wages.

Squad - I was pleased with the squad they did well especially the younger players.

Finances - Moved most of the transfer budget into the wages part to help pay the players wages and looking a bit better.

Key Player Profiles:

Tom Murphy - he is my top scorer this season.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our first choice had an average season.

Joel Howell -one the regen i had this year decided to give him few games did really well.

Stewart Westwood -Another regen from last season had really good season.

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  England    Canvey Island   Skrill South     10th     None  
2015/16   England   Canvey Island   Skrill  South     1st      Champions 
2016/17   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 18th  None

Next Season

Avoid relegation and try to learn from my mistakes from this season.

Chippenham_Town_F.C._logo.png

Chippenham Town 2014/15 Season

Skrill South ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Youth Intake ~ Richard Hogg

So I've wrapped up the first season and its been a pretty average one. We managed to come mid-table in the league with a 14-14-14 record but we were disappointing in the domestic cups. I decided to stick pretty much with the team I was given and just brought in a few players to add depth including club icon Charlie Griffin. But it was his brother, Alan Griffin, who took the plaudits finishing as our top scorer. I opted for a rigid, counter 4-4-2 and I'm going to be doing the same next season. However it will be an entirely different team. Players that I want to stay either will not sign a new contract or want too much - we're in financial trouble and our budget has been decreased for the new season.

Chippenham Town 2015/16 Season

Skrill South ~ Past Positions ~Domestic Cups ~ Playoffs ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Finances ~ Youth Intake ~ Sam Ives ~ Darren Lok

Despite the budget cuts and wholesale changes we had a much better season. At the half way point we were high flying but a patch of bad form saw us drop from top to just outside the playoffs. We finished strong to grab the play-off space with a lot of credit going to Spurs loanee Jimmy Foster. However injury struck us at the wrong time as much of our attacking force was out of the playoffs and despite a great battle back in the semi's we were unable to overcome Woking in the final. Losing out on promotion was a bitter pill to swallow as I'm sure we'd get better crowds and hence more income in the Skrill Premier. Mid-season we were taken over by a fans trust who subsequently took out a loan to cover our debts, but we're still in crisis. The budget has yet again been cut for the new season but fortunately I was able to get most of the squad to take pay cuts - not including star players Ives or Lok though who seem to want to move on. This has been tough so far!

29l6ftT.png

Season Review 2021/2022 Screenshots

Manager | Key Player

As promised, 1 league 1 review. Just so happens I get the pleasure of writing it on the first season xD. This season went great we won the league, we conceeded the fewest goals as was the plan our defense was tight! The Key Player was Tilt who was excellent the entire season mostly playing as a Central Defender but occasionally stepping up into a DM position as injuries required - he earned Player of the Year for the effort aswell!

We had poor runs in the cup and losing to York was a hard pill to swallow but hell the league made up for it. I did break my wage budget by 1.6k but this was down to renewing contracts of the first team and needing to bring in a striker after an injury in December but I'm happy regardless the finances will bounce back after the league title so v.pleased with this season.

We almost clinched breaking the league record of 102pts but fell short at the end (1 sodding point short :p). We did hit the 100pts mark though so im still v.happy with that. I've renewed all my first team and a few sub's only 4 senior squad members leaving.

Unfortunately my Goalkeeper Butler has been whining the entire season even when we had an 11pt lead over the guys in 2nd he see's his future at a bigger club and refuses to listen to me telling him we'll get there. Hopefully he'll stay but I wont refuse a v.large offer as he has potential to make it in the Premier League (atleast LS for Championship).

so overall very pleased with things, next year will be a big step up but im confident in the squad and they can keep us up. I'll bring in a few players to improve the first team and move to look 1 or 2 of them into the bench to improve the squad but finances will tell. Wage budget of 54k and 112k transfer budget next season is plenty to work with!

I'm hoping I can convince the board to improve training/youth facilities as they are v.poor but they might not as we've got to expand the stadium (£372k cost) and sharing stadium with MK Dons in the meantime.

Small note but I've achieved the "Icon" status within the club, not Legend yet but Icon is good enough for me lol

2019/20     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        14th           
2020/21     St.Neots    Skybet League 2        3rd           Promoted, JPT Winner
2021/22     St.Neots    Skybet League 1        1st           Champions, MOTY         

Chippenham Town 2016/17 Season

Skrill South ~ Playoffs ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Youth Intake ~ Richard Hogg

It was second time lucky for us as we managed to clinch promotion via the play-offs. The Fan's Trust seemed to be a lot more helpful with funding pumping in £145k over the course of the year. However we did nearly mess up - a string of bad results almost put us out the play-off spots but we managed to finish well. In the semi's we faced fierce rivals Bath and it took penalties to beat them. We then had the home advantage against Hereford and well and truly made it count. This season, young starlet Richard Hogg turned himself into a club icon. Next season we are going pro and I've even managed to make some progress with the youth setup. Our new budget of £6.7k a week is much better but i still expect to struggle next season with squad size.

Chippenham Town 2017/18 Season

Skrill Premier ~ Run Of Form ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ New Stadium ~ Bruno Andrade

We had a very surprising season and ended up promoted :O. It was all thanks to a change of tactic (my trusty 4-1-2-3-0) which lead to an impressive end of season run. A great 38,000 crowd at Wembley saw us beat Grimsby to put us into the football league - I was expecting a lot longer run in the conference considering it took us 3 year to get out of Skrill South. It was a very disappointing season for cup runs however, going out at the first hurdle in both cups. Our finances are looking much better, though due to our new stadium being built I expect it to deteriorate until we are able to move in. We will need to build our squad heavily to be able to compete in League 2.

Chippenham Town 2018/19 Season

League 2 ~ Play-Offs ~ Domestic Cups ~ Transfers ~ Player Appearances ~ Iyseden Ryan

For the most part of the season it looked like we were destined for mid-table obscurity, however a late push managed to get us into the playoffs despite a low points tally and we almost caused a massive shock.We dominated Shrewsbury in the final but they were clinical scoring in the 2nd and 92nd minute either side of many chances for us. So far that's two playoff final losses and two playoff final wins. I do feel that as a club we are not ready to face League 1, so its not a bad thing we didn't get promoted. We finally had a good cup run in the FA Cup but we were rather embarrassingly knocked out in the 4th round 9-0 by Leicester! Iyseden Ryan was the signing of the season from Welsh Premier League side TNS - as a spoiler he has already been sold on for a great sum of money for a club our size.

Archived