ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Vastra Frolunda- Season 1 (2014) Review

4qo.gif

League Table | Squad Stats | Transfer | Season Records | Finances

Competition

Swedish Second League West Gotaland: Champion!!!

(No cup this year)

Season Review

Well I can say it's lucky that we won the trophy. We almost lost the trophy because we lost 3 games in a row but the opponents also losing. This season we only won 2 games in first six matches, but we have really have a good run until the last few games, also we managed to have a junior coaching upgrade at the beginning of the year. Next year will be a tough year, hopfully we can fight for a comfortable mid-table finish.

Star of Frolunda

1 He have played for Montenegro u21 once before I join, really the key player of the team. 17 goals and 5 assists in 20 appearances (I don't use strikers and I put him at CAM). Midfielder of the year of both the league and the second division, enough to say?

2 The captain of the team, playing CAM also. 8 goals and 18 assists in 24 appearance. His assist is really important for the team.

3 7 goals and 5 assists in 23 appearances, we almost lost him but finally we tie up his contract until 2016. Solid at the midfield, scoring goals when we needed.

4 The rock at the back, always doing key tackles and interceptions. We're going to lose him because he decided not to negotiate contract with us.

Youth Intake

OMG! Maybe my best youth intake of first year. We get a BEAST who can replace Camara perfectly. And the rest of them are quite good, some of them went straight into 1st team (due lack of players in 1st team)

1a The BEAST, the stats looks really good. The only thing that I am worried is low concertration. He went straight into the starting 11 but didn't perform really well. Maybe he needs time to fit the squad.

1b Another CB, will be a backup of the 1st team next year.

1c A defensive CM, will be my sub DM of 1st team next year.

1d Another CM, will be my sub CM next year.

Origional youth (YP0)

0a As mentioned above.

0b Starting RB of the team. solid performance.

0c Starting CM of the team. Perform pretty well.

0d Starting CAM of the team. Perform unexpectly well this season.

Season 2 (2015) Goals

- Aim for a safe mid-table finish

- Give youth chances

Trophy Cabinet

Swedish Second Division West Gotaland: 2014

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 17 Review (2030)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Swedish Premier League : 1st - Results

Swedish Cup : Winners

Champions League : 3rd in Group Stages, qualified for Europa Knockout Stages next season

Season Review

A season which started with huge expectations, that then went into a very disappointing stage and then after I had given up on securing the title, a tremendous comeback and stealing the title.

After last years big point total, everyone had us as odds-on favorites and we started nicely. Winning 7 of our first 9 matches (losing 1, drawing 1). A second loss then happened, but a nice bounce back 6 game unbeaten streak. Then we had our wobble, winning just one in 5 league games and collecting 4 points from 15 available. This saw us drop to 3rd and as many of 4 points back, having played a game more. We then won 3 on the bounce to give us hope of overhauling 1st (Orebro) and 2nd (Malmo). Then we lost and drew our next 2 games, but put us in dire jeopardy of not even making 2nd and a Champions League qualifier spot for next year. Next game was away at 1st place Orebro and it was a must win. Well, our best league performance of the year saw us win 4-0 and Malmo also drop points. Our last 3 games were all at home (due to postponements from domestic and European cup games) and against lower standard teams. We won all 3 handily and Malmo and Orebro also dropped points. Amazingly this gave us a 4 point winning margin, although it was still all up for grabs on the last day of the season.

This year we managed to win the Swedish Cup for the first time in 4 years. The group stages were simply navigated, scoring 14 and conceding 3. A handy 4-1 win the Quarter Finals set up an away semi to Helsingborg, who had already beat us at their ground in the league this year. A very tight game saw them take a lead early in the 2nd half, before a 3 minute double put us ahead for good. 2-1 win. The final was a classic. 1-1 at half time, the 2nd half was a roller coaster. We went 2-1 up, they equalized almost immediately for 2-2 before we surged into a 4-2 lead. With 15 minutes to go we were down to 10 men after a 2nd booking for Filip Borjesson (YP 10). We held out well until the very end, and AIK scored in the 89th and 90+2nd minute to send us to ET. From one hand on the cup, to big underdogs in the extra time period being a man down. We managed to keep AIK at bay for the extra 30, and we went to penalties where we finally won 6-5 on penalties!

In the Champions League we again drew a tough group, but had a shot at 3rd place and Europa Knockout stages for next season. Liverpool & AC Milan were the huge favorites to progress, and the did. This left ourselves and Anderlecht to fight for 3rd place. And again the deciding game was to be on matchday 6, at home. Just like the Celtic game last year which we threw away.

This time however, we were still riding our wave from the unexpected league title win and beat Anderlecht 3-0 to finish 3rd and qualify for the Europa Knockout stages. The draw has us playing in the 1st Knockout Round, with a tie against or in the 2nd Round if we progress.

Youth Intake

Our first intake with the new HOYD, and it was a solid one. 4 tagged, and one of them is a defensive player which are definitely needed;

Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - I like the look of this kid, a little pace, good passing and a good long shot on him. Can play in any of our 3 spots at MC or AMC. Hoping to give first team action next year.

Per Skoog (YP 17B) - Another handy looking central midfielder. Will alternate with Benjaminsson in first team opportunities.

Emil Larsson (YP 17C) - A pacey forward, who should be useful in the future. We are currently stacked upfront, so first team chances may be limited for now. If he gets a chance, he will really have to shine.

Andreas Allas (YP 17D) - Our first defensive prospect in a while, and I like him. Gone are the days of no pace in the intakes, Andreas is another with pace to burn. Will be looking to give first team chances whenever possible in the hope of accelerating his progression.

"Frolunda Five"

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - Another quality season from Jonas. 25 goals and 11 assists

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Although his average rating would tell you otherwise (7.52), this felt like a step backwards from last year. 'Just' 14 assists, but still the star of the midfield.

Ludvig Johnson (YP 10C) - Was on pace for another great year, before a broken leg and out for 5-6 months. Due back right at the end of the preseason / start of next season.

Milan Cosic (YP 14B) - A good season from Cosic, especially as I had him playing in his less favored DR role for most of his appearances. Love his dribbling in that spot, need to work on his crossing if he is to be a permanent fixture there (but I have few options in that spot currently)

Christoffer Holmlund (YP 11A) - A great season for our impact substitute forward, who exceled after Ludvig's broken leg.

Miscellaneous

A crazy season, which will thankfully make sure we receive the invaluable Champions League group stage money again next year. This years money was again reinvested, with youth and training facilities again upgraded (they are now slowly becoming top notch) and a 2nd straight stadium expansion. This time for approx 5,000 seats to raise us to just over 19,000 seats.

Season 18 (2031) Goals

* Defend our title, hopefully a little more confidently this time

* Continue developing the more recent youths. Right now we actually only have 1 teenager in our starting XI, which is unusual. 6 of the starting XI are 25 or older. New blood definitely needs to be given more chances before it becomes urgent.

Trophy Cabinet

Champions League                 - 
Europa League                    - 
Swedish Premier League           - 2030, 2029, 2028, 2026
Swedish First Division Elite     - 2019
Swedish First Division South     - 2017
Swedish Regional Second Division - 2014
Swedish Cup                      - 2030, 2026
Swedish Super Cup                - 2030, 2029, 2027

Not quite....You can't move them freely, as in give a first team player minutes to regain match fitness in said team. They have to register a 25/22 man squad and so do you. Any player regustered by you can't play for the B team. Any player from the B team, however, can play for the A team. And there are rules on the amount of "B team" players that can be in the matchday squad
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm already finding it am interesting league system, if not a little difficult.

th?id=H.4786119540671174&pid=15.1

BK Olympic

SeaSon 11

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Group

Champions League / Qtr Final Ongoing

League Table dates don't add because i missed it out and just realised

Well not the greatest of starts of season due to my top midfielder YP4 being sold of then my right winger being sold for penny's both of which we really missed at the start of the season but we managed to pull it together and bring another title home to the big club of Malmo

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players -

4 Top left back but would like to see more assists

1 Taken over from Jardler last season his ability matched Jardler but is potential was greater so chose to go with him

2 Becoming a decent CB

3 Very good season by him plenty of assists and goals

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A / Back Up CB/RB now

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 had a decent season but overshadowed by the newbie

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ not spectacular just does this enouh

YP3A/ still my best DM but looking for a new one

YP3B

YP4 Stupid Chairman

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B - Stupid Chairman

YP5/ out on loan dont think he will make it

YP5A/ plenty of games just not good enough

YP5B

YP6/ More first team games looking good (Cup Player)

YP6A/ Out on loan doesnt score many goals

YP6B

YP7/ Smashing them in this season great year can see a Swedish call up coming for him soon

YP7A/ Played on the wing had a very goood season

YP8/ Good prospect

YP8A/going to try to intergrate him into my 1st team

YP8B/ Loan next season

YP9/Great season by the young man

YP10/ looking good so far more improvement needed for a 1st team place

YP10A/ Young Holding Midfielder will probably be a sub but you never know

YP11/ Report My new AM i hope

YP11A/ Report Looks like he could be my new Anchor man when i have finished training him

Champions League Last Seasons QTR Final

1 arghhhh away goals

Champions League Group

This season can still be considered a success although I failed to get promoted through the playoffs for the second consecutive season

We started positively again, with 3 wins from 5, however our form never really hit the heights of last season. As our reputation has grown teams seemed less susceptible to our fast countering. I think the amount of injuries to key players throughout the season will have had a detrimental effect on our form. With 10 games to go we were stuttering a bit to maintain playoff spot, but with a kind run in and some attacking football we finished strongly with some good wins. Coming in 5th meant we went straight into the playoff second round.

We drew Volendam, who for much of the season led the Jupiler league. The first leg at home started poorly with us failing to control the game and falling behind early, in 66th minute we went 2-0 down and things looked bad, but an own goal gave us hope and in 90th min my big centre back equalised. Away goals aside we had given ourselves a chance.

Into the second leg and this time we controlled game having several chances, however a penalty on the stroke of half time gave Volendam a big advantage. A minute into second half and we score from the halfway line and push for the winner but despite many chances it finished 1-1 (3-3 aggregate).

Playoff Result

Youth Intake

Really happy with this intake and to find a pacey forward like de Jong is brilliant. Still not much depth though.

Koos de Jong (YP07a) A pacey striker who will be an impact sub straight away, should be best striker at club in a couple of years

Tony van Thiel (YP07b) Creative midfielder, who may get retrained as a false nine or DLF to get more playing time.

Yassine Yilmaz May have to develop wide tactic to accommodate this guy, most naturally pacey player we have.

Best of previously tagged

Richard Stam (YP03a) Great again, works well down the flank and gets plenty of crosses in, signed new contract so hopeful he stays

Christian Jacobs (YP04a) Giant in both boxes and also quickest centre back, great season and plenty of Dutch U19 appearences.

Kenneth Mulder (YP05a) Very consistent work horse type player, really like what he adds to squad.

A positive season topped off with improvements to Youth training facilities, Junior coaching and finally youth recruitment network! So next season should be a good one for IJsselmeervogels.

Goals

* Promotion this year!

I have started this challenge again but this time in Russia after my failures in Holland and Turkey. I think that this will be a longer save than my previous two. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Russia is interesting, there's only a very short off-season in June. The First Division season starts early in July and by end of November you have played 28 league games before a 3 month long winter break. The First Division is also kinda difficult as the bottom 5 out of 20 gets relegated. So mid-table is practically just avoiding relegation. Another thing that is different is that you are allowed 4 substitutions during a match.

I will post my profile later on and my first season update should follow soon after. I play pretty slowly as I only have a couple hours a night and like to play on comprehensive highlights so my updates will be far in between. I am also leaving Friday for a little vacation in Jamaica to escape the frigid canadian weather (-34 this morning) :-)

I have started this challenge again but this time in Russia after my failures in Holland and Turkey. I think that this will be a longer save than my previous two. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Russia is interesting, there's only a very short off-season in June. The First Division season starts early in July and by end of November you have played 28 league games before a 3 month long winter break. The First Division is also kinda difficult as the bottom 5 out of 20 gets relegated. So mid-table is practically just avoiding relegation. Another thing that is different is that you are allowed 4 substitutions during a match.

I will post my profile later on and my first season update should follow soon after. I play pretty slowly as I only have a couple hours a night and like to play on comprehensive highlights so my updates will be far in between. I am also leaving Friday for a little vacation in Jamaica to escape the frigid canadian weather (-34 this morning) :-)

Hehe, fellow Canadian :) Enjoy your Jamaican vacation :)

FC United - Season 3 Review (2016/2017) - Skrill Premier

FC_United.png

League Table | League Positions | Transfers

Competitions

Skrill Premier - 16th (24th prediction)

FA Cup - 3rd round proper

FA Trophy - 1st round

Season Review

Very very nice season. Season started good, we won some games, we lost some games. Mid table was very good start. Whole season I expected when will be hit with form slump, but it never happened. We lost 3 games in a row 2 times, but we recovered quickly. The main thing about this season and survival is that we didn't draw games. Only 4 draws in 46 games. Some draws turned into wins, some into losses, but overall it always better to win 1 and to lose 1, than 2 draws.

Season highlight was defiantly FA cup. Draw was very easy in first 2 rounds. In 2nd round proper we played against AFC Hornchurch. We earned a lot of money from that game (1-0 win in stoppage time) and we booked 3rd round matchup against Bolton (unfortunately our stadium). We left our hearts on the field, but in 82nd minute, Bolton scored a winner. 0-1. Even though we played on our stadium, 10500 people came to see championship side.

Youth Intake

Decent intake, but I fired our HOYD at the end of this season and hired a new guy. Hopefully he will bring us better talents.

Garry Frontin (YP 03A) - Good physicals, but very poor marking. Our defense is terrible and he will get his chance to shine on LB or LCB spot next season.

Mike Hope (YP 03B) - Well I "Hope" that he will become our game changer from the right wing. Awesome pace, but terrible dribbling. He will require "knocks ball past opponent" and RW positional training.

John Woods (YP 03C) - Another right winger. He looks a bit more first team ready, but I think that Hope YP 03B will have advantage in first team duties.

Phil Williams (YP 03D) - Decent MC. He will be tutored a bit, so hopefully he will develop.

Steve Watts (YP 03F) - Sweeper, but I planned to retrain him as RB... And he suffered 7 months injury. I'll see if he will recover from it.

Youth player watch

Nathan Woodcraft (YP 01A) - Main choice at left winger spot. Played a lot, but didn't show much. 4 goals and 5 assists in 42 games is pretty poor. Some of his attributes also regressed. I hope that he will pick it up and develop into League 2 winger as my assistant predicts.

Michael Love (YP 01E) - What a season for our young striker. 18 goals and some great performances from now our best prospect.

Aaron Pearce (YP 02A) - He challenged Woodcraft (YP 01A) for left winger spot and he played maybe even better than him. Next season it's going to be real competition.

Miscellaneous

Youth setup category is definitely bugged as hell. At the end of this season, we got news item that our category has been "downgraded" to level 4 from level 0. First of all, level 4 is higher than level 0 and second I requested this upgrade 2 seasons ago... Very strange...

Board promised to upgrade training facilities, but it was later cancelled. I will get some more money from season tickets and than upgrade training or youth facilities.

Goals from previous season

Survive. Difficulty curve is so steep in Premier. Just survive. Achieved. 16th

Upgrade something. Failed

Goals for next season

Survive second season slump.

Improve defense - 89 goals in 46 games is a LOT.

Upgrade training facilities.

Career

Previous season (Season 2)

Thanks for the encouragement brugi82, TheGreatTraveller and braumiller.

So here I go again...

FC Chernomorets Novorossiysk

400px-FC_Chernomorets_Novorossiysk_Logo.svg.png

Senior Squad

Youth Squad

Facilities

The team is based in the city of Novorossiysk. It's located in the south of Russia, north of Sochi. It is Russia's main port on the Black Sea. Not much for facilities except the nice 12500 stadium. The team has had good spells in the Russian Premier League, coming 6th as recently as 2000. Hopefully I can bring them back there...and beyond.

A fantastic season for IJsselmeervogels.

The league campaign started quietly, winning our fair share and settling into a safe top half position. I had considered maybe we could push for a title challenge this year but after 13 games FC Eindhoven had won 11 and were way out in front, this lowered my expectations to at least top 5 (go into second round of playoffs).

A little blip in our form saw the league tighten up around December time with 5 points separating us in 2nd to the 12th placed team. With a 4 week winter break in Holland some of the squad had time to recover from injuries and tiredness. We struggled to win consistently for most of the season, but we were very good at stopping the opposition scoring. This is how the rest of the season played out a few wins a couple of draws and a loss or two here and there, one bad piece of news was a two month injury to our main goal scorer Richie Barroilhet, he would return in time for playoffs. We finished the regular season in 4th place, with a few good wins against teams relegated from Eredivisie last season, so I was hopeful in the playoffs we would be more prepared this time.

Playoffs

We drew Telstar in the second round, a team we have beaten on several occasions before, I think I was perhaps guilty of being too cautious last season, so against Telstar I lined up our most attacking formation. The first leg at home went really well, 3-0 up at half time and a final score of 4-1. Confidence was high so we jumped into second leg and grabbed another win, this time 2-1. Onto the two legged final round, the closest we had ever been to promotion.

We were drawn against Sparta, who were the best performing team in the Eredivisie relegation playoffs. We hadn't managed to beat these before and at half time in the first leg at home we were 0-2 down. I Sent the players back out with firm reminder of expectations. Within a minute we had one back from a corner. We pushed for an equaliser and in the 82 min we were rewarded. Barriolhet snuck one in at the near post. Final score 2-2.

So into final leg knowing only a win or a high scoring draw would do, we started the game looking to counter and avoid conceding at all cost.We surrendered possession but still managed to create some decent chances which several players were guilty of missing. Then in the 82 min again, a miss placed goal kick fell kindly for our young striker Koos de Jong (YP07a) who latched onto it and ran into the area then buried his shot into the bottom corner. Pandemonium, we quickly dropped into a defensive formation and hung on. The whole season riding on last 10 minutes, but the lads did it, they managed to see it out and we are now an Eredivisie side!!!!!

Playoff Result

Youth Intake

First intake with our improved recruitment network, it shows as there was a depth to the intake.

Max deGroot (YP08a) A well balanced attacking midfielder, with an excellent first touch, I will try and get him as much playing time as possible

JaouadMessaoudi (YP08b) Has lots of potential, but not many great starting attributes, will watch how he develops closely.

Ben van Meel (YP08c) Not much to look at but is a model professional and is impressing in training.

5 players for the future.

I have played through to season update day in Holland so we are now proudly sitting in the Eredivisie for nest season and looked through the reassessed assistant reports for my most talented players. I got a surprise, instead of potential to become a leading Jupiler league player, for several players it now states 'potential to be a star in Eredivisie.

Martin van Dalen

Koos de Jong (YP07a)

Arjan Thomassen (YP06a)

Teun Wijngaarde (YP06b)

Tony van Thiel (YP07b)

Goals for next season

*Try and survive

From watching the teams who get promoted over the last 8 seasons, only one has managed to not be relegated again, so this will be tough. I don't want rely on the relegation playoffs but it is good to know only one team is automatically relegated.

Excellent season Sanno11!

Lovely looking intake as well. A season or two of survival and then you look to be in fantastic shape!

(I will be starting to write up my seasons since my last update later today/tonight. I have a lot of updating to do.....)

I have 2 seasons to put up wooop wooop

They sound like good ones! :o)

I am not going to even admit to how far behind I am.....

9 games left in my current season, so I will start after I have played them (and gone out sledding with the kid!)

The main breaking news, at some point during the upcoming updates we have gone back to strikerless! :brock:

They sound like good ones! :o)

I am not going to even admit to how far behind I am.....

9 games left in my current season, so I will start after I have played them (and gone out sledding with the kid!)

The main breaking news, at some point during the upcoming updates we have gone back to strikerless! :brock:

:lol: Yeah yeah its the kids idea :lol:

Cheers guys, looking forward to some updates, it's been very quiet this week by this threads standards.

Sn00gle, Wijngaarde has just played in the U19 Euro championship, but Thomassen has been overlooked. I expect they will struggle for a while as the big teams in Holland supply a lot of the talent for the young international teams.

CD Castellon - Liga adelante - Season 2016-2017

Prediction: 20th

Final position: 4th and play-off

Actually a very good season. From game 4 we were in the play-offs and never been out of it for the rest of the season. We had an incredible season in our away games with a 0-6 and a 1-7 as best games.

So we were in the play-offs and against our 4 possible opponents we had a pretty good season.

First round of the play-offs we had to play against Alaves. In the regular competition we had a win and a draw against them, so I felt comfident that we could win this one.

Semi-final first game: a very good 1-0 victory at Alaves. This can't go wrong, does it?

Semi final 2nd game: 1-1 and a ticket to the final. But it wasn't a very good game, and we were very nervous until the final whistle. We need a much better performance in the final.

In the final we met the team that finished in 3th place, Valladolid. A team that was relegated last season, and definitly want to go back up. We won 1 agme and draw the other one against them this season, but this is the final of the play-offs and after our last game against Alaves I wasn't very sure that I could win this one.

FINAL first game: 1-1 in a home game isn't very good, but we were very Lucky in this game. Valladolid hit the post twice. Again, we need a much better performance in our last game of the season. A high scoring draw or a win were the only options.

FINAL 2nd game: 1-5 victory and we are going to the LIGA BBVA!!!!!. Valladolid were the better team, but almost every shot on target went in. Still can't believe it, but we play next season against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

I believe that my team isn't ready for this step up, but I hope that I enjoy next season with the big boys, because I fear it will only last for 1 season.

Games part 1

Games part 2

Spanish cup: 5th round

Youth intake: Incredible, with 7 players with 5* and 1 player with 4.5*

David Luis (YP4a): Allready played 1 game with the seniors

Gerard Quesada (YP4b). Potential to become a good 1st division player.

José Angel Barea (YP4c)

Jacobo (YP4d)

Rafa Garcia de la Vega (YP4e)

Juan Monterde (YP4f)

Beltran Chinchilla (YP4g). Funny 2nd name :)

Alfredo Roriano (YP4h). The only tagged player with 4.5*

All the players with 5* stars have the potential to become a good BBVA player. So the future looks brite for Castellon, but still believe this promotion comes to early.

After the season I asked the board to upgrade the youth and training facilities, and they were both rejected. I both leaked them to the press and immediatly got 2 messages. Youth and training facilities will be upgraded. Due to both upgrades, my finance doesn't look very good at the moment, but I hope that will b e solved next season with the TV-money.

Also got my first international the came through the youth system.

My aim for next season is very simple. Survive (will be very difficult, because almost every team that went up to the first division went straight back the season after).

th?id=H.4786119540671174&pid=15.1

BK Olympic

SeaSon 12

League/ Winner

Swedish Cup / Group

Champions League / Qtr Final Ongoing

League Table

Another Successful League defense

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players

4 Top left back had a great season

1 Great season as Startking GK

2 Decent year by him

3 Very good season by him plenty of assists and goals

Youth Candidates -

YP1

YP1A / Back Up CB/RB now

YP1B

YP1C

YP2 had a decent season

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ New Iraq International

YP3A/ still my best DM but looking for a new one

YP3B

YP4 Stupid Chairman

YP4A Wouldnt sign a new contract

YP4B - Stupid Chairman

YP5/ out on loan dont think he will make it

YP5A/ just not good enough

YP5B

YP6/ More first team games looking good (Cup Player)

YP6A/ Out on loan doesnt score many goals

YP6B

YP7/ Smashing them in this season great year can see a Swedish call up came this season

YP7A/ had a very goood season

YP8/ Good year by him

YP8A/going to try to intergrate him into my 1st team

YP8B/ Loan and played well

YP9/Great season by the young man

YP10/ looking good so far more improvement needed for a 1st team place

YP10A/ Young Holding Midfielder will probably be a sub but you never know

YP11/ high hopes for him

YP11A/ My New DM

YP12/ Report Very High Potential

Champions League 1st KO Round

1 Awful 1st Leg

Champions League Group

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 18 Review (2031)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Premier League : 1st - Results

Europa Cup : Quarter Finals

Champions League : 3rd Group Stages (qual for Europa Cup knockouts next year)

Season Review

Another great league season, with our 4th league title in a row, 5th in total.

This made it a domestic double as we won the Swedish Cup as well earlier in the year, beating our arch rivals AIK 1-0 in the final.

Technically a domestic treble, as FM also counts the Super Cup before the start of the league season, but we don't!

In Europe this year it was another good Europa Cup adventure, with a Quarter Final defeat against Stuttgart ending the run after earlier knockout wins against Rangers and Sevilla.

In the 2nd half of the season we started in the Champions League group stages again, and ooof the draw.... Drawn against defending Champs PSG and also Real Madrid.

Austria Wien made up the numbers. So 2 wins and 4 losses the expectations. Well, first game at home to PSG and we won 1-0! Then an easy 4-0 win away at Austria Wien. Then normal service resumed, with 2 losses to Real and also PSG gaining revenge 4-1 at their place. So, 3rd was already assured and a 2-0 home win to Austria Wien was purely for the crazy (to our league) prize money!

Youth Intake

Disappointing. no tags;

"Frolunda Five"

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - Enjoyed his AMC role behind the two forwards, 22 goals and 17 assist!

Christoffer Holmlund (YP 11A) - Top scored this year, 29 goals and also 14 assists

Ludvig Johnson (YP 10C) - Another great attacking display, 21 goals and 13 assists

Emil Larson (YP 17C) - A great set of impact substitute performances. 10 goals from just 4 starts and 11 sub appearances.

Filip Borjesson (YP 10) - Starting to shine as our best DC. Proving the coaches and myself wrong with not giving him a tag!

Miscellaneous

Our stadium upgrade was completed and now we are at 19,404 all seater. Sadly, we are now at our expansion capacity, so this is it for another 16+ years!

Youth and training upgrades completed too. Training = Superb. Youth = Great.

Fourth time in the Champions League and still no progression from the groups. 2 * 4th place in groups, 2 * 3rd place in groups.

Season 19 (2032) Goals

* League title

* Progress from the Champions League group stages

Sanno11 Awesome job mate. This is the first time I saw that someone managed to get promotion from Holland second division. I hope that you will manage to stay up. Arjan Thomassen (YP 06A) is a real star!

Braumiller Really unlucky CL draw... You just need some luck and you will definitely progress to the second round.

toonbalmy87 Keep up the good work! And good luck in CL quater finals! We are all cheering for you!

I need an advice from you guys... I am sitting with around 1.2 mil euros in Skrill Premier as a semi professional club. Should I save 2-2.5 mil and try to become professional club, or should I just upgrade my training facilities for 900k? What do you think is more important, full time training or a bit better training facilities?

I need an advice from you guys... I am sitting with around 1.2 mil euros in Skrill Premier as a semi professional club. Should I save 2-2.5 mil and try to become professional club, or should I just upgrade my training facilities for 900k? What do you think is more important, full time training or a bit better training facilities?

Personally I would take the training upgrade, as that is a given.

I imagine you are going to be hoping for another plum cup draw to double down on your bank balance and be able to ask to go professional?

I'd take the definite.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 19 Review (2032)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

Competitions

Swedish Cup : Group Stages

Europa Cup : 2nd Knockout Round

Champions League : 3rd in Group Stages (qual for Europa Cup knockout next year)

Season Review

Fifth title in a row! I would now consider us the dominant force in Swedish football and that is now seen in how teams are setting up against us and hitting us on the counter. Again just the two league defeats, and our first time thinking an 'invincibles' league season was a possibility. Losing our first game in our 17th of 30 league games. This time no joy in the cup. We drew 2 and won 1 of our group games and failed to qualify, even without losing. This takes our unbeaten run in the Swedish Cup to a record tying 19 games.

Knockout stages of the Europa Cup saw tough draws! 1st round against Ajax, where we drew away 1-1 and then won 2-0 at home. 2nd round gave us Arsenal, who proved just too strong, but we played well. Lost 0-1 away and then a good 1-1 draw at home.

Later in the season saw us again enter the Champions League at the group stages. A little easier draw this time, Man City, Dortmund and FC Kobenhavn. Chances for our first progression! Sadly we finished 3rd again, after only drawing at home to Dortmund and losing 1-0 away, to a late goal.

Youth Intake

A much better intake this year, and our first bona fide defensive potential star in forever! Three tags;

Robbin Carlsson (YP 19A) - A fantasic full back prospect, which we desperately need. Will be given every chance to shine in the first team and progress.

Anthon Svensson (YP 19B) - A pair of useful young strikers, who can either play on the wing or AMC.

Amir Ziataber (YP 19C) - See above

"Frolunda Five"

Christoffer Holmlund (YP 11A) - Top average rating this year for Holmlund and 18 goals.

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Oscar is putting in great performances, but not quite clicking. This is the time where I started to think of changing things around. Soon? To what?

Milan Cosic (YP 14B) - A first appearance here for Milan and well deserved. Now a natural full back, the ex central defender has made the right back spot his own recently.

Micahel Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - Very similar to Oscar, Benjaminsson also had a good season in central midfield, but it feels like he is being wasted that far back. Ch-ch-changes......

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - Nearly went a year without highlighting Jonas, but not quite! 19 goals and 11 assists.

Miscellaneous

Another round of training and youth facility upgrades completed thanks to the Champions League money!

Season 20 (2033) Goals

* League title

* Champions League group progression

Personally I would take the training upgrade, as that is a given.

I imagine you are going to be hoping for another plum cup draw to double down on your bank balance and be able to ask to go professional?

I'd take the definite.

Yeah as you said... I would need another strong cup run to get to 2mil+. But anyway I will still need to wait till the end of this season for a training facilities upgrade, so if I have good cup run, I will wait, if not, I will just upgrade facilities at the end of this season...

It depends brugi82 Imo if you stll upgrate fac its cool and your intake will be still great but if you get good playes it wouldnt help you to keep them coz of contract lengt . Like in my IFK Eskilstuna I got potential guys with junior contracts and its long contract but at 4 season when YP00 and YP01 turning (or want turn) to profesional players clubs from league obove me just taking them for free so for me now proffesional sounds great deal . Anyway after that bug fix in England I will back there if I will fail in Sweden

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 19 Review (2032)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

Competitions

Swedish Cup : Group Stages

Europa Cup : 2nd Knockout Round

Champions League : 3rd in Group Stages (qual for Europa Cup knockout next year)

Season Review

Fifth title in a row! I would now consider us the dominant force in Swedish football and that is now seen in how teams are setting up against us and hitting us on the counter. Again just the two league defeats, and our first time thinking an 'invincibles' league season was a possibility. Losing our first game in our 17th of 30 league games. This time no joy in the cup. We drew 2 and won 1 of our group games and failed to qualify, even without losing. This takes our unbeaten run in the Swedish Cup to a record tying 19 games.

Knockout stages of the Europa Cup saw tough draws! 1st round against Ajax, where we drew away 1-1 and then won 2-0 at home. 2nd round gave us Arsenal, who proved just too strong, but we played well. Lost 0-1 away and then a good 1-1 draw at home.

Later in the season saw us again enter the Champions League at the group stages. A little easier draw this time, Man City, Dortmund and FC Kobenhavn. Chances for our first progression! Sadly we finished 3rd again, after only drawing at home to Dortmund and losing 1-0 away, to a late goal.

Youth Intake

A much better intake this year, and our first bona fide defensive potential star in forever! Three tags;

Robbin Carlsson (YP 19A) - A fantasic full back prospect, which we desperately need. Will be given every chance to shine in the first team and progress.

Anthon Svensson (YP 19B) - A pair of useful young strikers, who can either play on the wing or AMC.

Amir Ziataber (YP 19C) - See above

"Frolunda Five"

Christoffer Holmlund (YP 11A) - Top average rating this year for Holmlund and 18 goals.

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Oscar is putting in great performances, but not quite clicking. This is the time where I started to think of changing things around. Soon? To what?

Milan Cosic (YP 14B) - A first appearance here for Milan and well deserved. Now a natural full back, the ex central defender has made the right back spot his own recently.

Micahel Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - Very similar to Oscar, Benjaminsson also had a good season in central midfield, but it feels like he is being wasted that far back. Ch-ch-changes......

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - Nearly went a year without highlighting Jonas, but not quite! 19 goals and 11 assists.

Miscellaneous

Another round of training and youth facility upgrades completed thanks to the Champions League money!

Season 20 (2033) Goals

* League title

* Champions League group progression

Unlucky in Europe man i win a group i get PSG i come second in a group i get PSG FFS :herman:

Unlucky in Europe man i win a group i get PSG i come second in a group i get PSG FFS :herman:

Yep, PSG seem to be everywhere at times!

Final double catch-up update to come tonight I hope. Write-ups done, just working on screenshots......

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 20 Review (2033)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

Competitions

Europa Cup : 1st Knockout Round

Champions League : 3rd in Group Stage (qual for Europa Cup knockout next year)

Season Review

Another great domestic season, but the real news was what happened early on in the season on the training pitches.

Our season started with the Europa Cup 1st round knockout against Spartak Moscow and we suffered an away goals defeat after losing 2-0 away and then winning 3-1 at home. With the nagging thought in my head that I was wasting the talents of Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) & Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) further back on the field in central midfield I finally decided to revisit the strikerless approach. This time it was a complete rethinking of how we go about things. And boy were we happy with the results! We rattled off 9 straight wins immediately in all competitions, even with the fluidity of the tactic still very low. Arch rivals AIK gave us a wake up call with a 4-1 thumping at their place, but that just spurred us on as we won 10 straight after that and went 15 unbeaten. Due to Swedish clubs failings in recent years we had fallen sharply in the coefficients table and winning the league last year meant only a 3rd qualifying round spot in the Champions League! Here we met Levski Sofia and won 6-3 on aggregate. Our playoff game was against Viktoria Plzen and a very nice 8-3 aggregate win gave us safe passage into the Group stages. Here we again got a very rough draw, alongside still the biggest club in the world PSG, the now VERY impressive Celtic (who have won the Champions League and Europa Cup in the past 3 seasons) and Olympiakos. The games went to form, with 4 losses to the two big boys and 2 wins against 4th seed Olympiakos. So again, 3rd place in the group and Europa Cup knockout for us next year.

Our attacking approach is domestically paying big dividends with record points (80) and record goals scored (101) in the league this year, but we falter in Europe. At the end of the season it was decided that a much more cautious, counter attacking style would be employed next year. Due to the limited number of European games I figured I would play the counter attacking style in Sweden too, in the hope that it draws more teams out of their half and opens up play a little more for us. Tired of seeing busses parked on the pitch! If it was too cautious for domestic football, we would revert to this years attacking style (although I really do want to cut down the goals conceded), but in Europe we would debut a new test approach and counter.

Youth Intake

Another blank;

"Frolunda Five"

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Goodness gracious, what can you say. As the creative pivot in an attacking team, Oscar gave one of the best seasonal performances I have seen. An astonishing 51 assists on the year to go alongside 20 goals and an average rating of 8.13

Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - Pacey Benjaminsson was a perfect foil for Karlsson, giving him outlet after outlet. 23 goals.

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - The 3rd of our three AMCs, Jonas again thrived in a new formation. 31 goals and 12 assists.

Per Skoog (YP 17B) - A great season from Per, with so many late runs into the box to give the AMCs an option if the shot wasn't on. 12 goals (and yes, that means a minimum of 12 times while watching the games there was a loud "Skooooooooog" cheer in my head......)

Robbin Carlsson (YP 19A) - Started out the year as a backup, and I was nervous to risk him in the bigger games, but as the season went on he grew and grew and is now a first teamer. A great first season and a good supply line from the left.

Miscellaneous

Another round of training and youth facility upgrades completed thanks to the Champions League money, and the training facilities are now state of the art!

An unbelievable season.

Season 21 (2034) Goals

* League title

* Progress from Champions League Group stage

Archived