Separation - Mallorca and Ibiza split from Spain!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro 2008 Qualifier

Mallorca Captain, Boyle is outraged as they Crash to an Unexpected Defeat.

Mallorca captain was completely outraged earlier this evening as he captained his side to an abysmal 5 - 1 defeat in the hand of Cyprus. Boyle told a national paper that he was embarrased and he felt the whole country had been humiliated in their first international game. Despite him being captain, he managed to lay the blame on someone else, the manager of his club, Robert Boyle, who, according to Boyle had not done enough to keep them at the top of their fitness. Reporters have been speculating and some say that Boyle may never be captain again.

The game in fact was fairly even, with Mallorca even having more possesion. In the end though it came down to which team could take their chances, and that team was not Mallorca. There one and only goal came from their Left Winger, Feltinho as he struck the ball past the Cyprus keeper in the 54th minute. The game was over way before then though and Mallorca could not do anything to stop Cyprus from scoring.

Mallorca 1 - 5 Cyprus

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

For some reason when we play online the names for the teams we edited to Mallorca and Ibiza don't change, so San Marino is Mallorca.

3-0 win for Estonia

In Robert Boyles first game in charge of the new look Ibiza national team they lost 3-0 with all of the goals being second half goals. Artjom Toom scored the first after 70 minutes breaking in from the left hand side of the pitch and then Kaarel Stepanov scored twice in the last two minutes making it 3-0.

After the match Ibiza goalkeeper Brucie Bonus admitted that Ibiza were completely outplayed and that even though they scored two late goals it could have easily been more but he was sure that results would improve and the new manager Robert Boyle was just getting used to his new position.

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Sorry lots of the players were real players FM was acting a bit wierd last night :/

Mallorca Beat Espanyol B in Lucky 2-0 Win

In Robert Boyle's first test as manager of Mallorca he came out on the winning side despite being dominated for mosto f the game. It was 0-0 at half time with Espanyol B possibly the better side and then The Man scored after cutting in from the right wing to put Mallorca 1-0 up. It was not over then and despite Espanyol still looking hte more likely to win the match Haowan scored our second goal of the game and it finished that way.

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Mallorca Lose To Rivals After Having Disallowed Goal

Mallorca faced Ibiza for the second time in the space of a few weeks again away at Ibiza. It was an even game going into the second half with both sides missing several chances when Mallorca got a corner and the two centre backs came up for it. When the corner was taken Rickster ran up and powered a header into the back of the net only to find that the referee had given a free kick. After that we went out ot try to get the win and they scored two goals with Bobino and Loic Philippens scoring. I tihnk the referee may well be walking away with a few extra quid in his pocket after this match if you ask me!

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Blame Ridleys ;) I just lost 18-0 and fielded no players because they were all away on international duty, but even if that was possible the most they could score would be one because there would be no one on my team to kick off. Also, lotso f their goals would have been offside. One more think, how did they only score 18?!?!?!?!!?

League Game 1

Ibiza go down to hard-working Alcoyano

Really poor result, and a game that we really should have won. I can not believe we lost this game, they had 1 shot in the whole game and managed to score it, whereas we had 12 shots and failed to score from any of them. We dominated the whole of the game (despite the amount possesion not showing this).

We came close to scoring on numerous occasions, with Adicel and Barker both coming close to scoring. Dissapointing result.

Ibiza 0 - 1 Alcoyano

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

League Game 2

Quality Finishing Provides Fantastic Victory

Absolutely fantastic result against the rivals, Mallorca. We played very well and they never looked like they would cause us any problems. The first half finished goalless, with us slightly having the upper hand. There were chances for both teams, however I think that we were the team that looked like we would convert one of our chances.

Things really started to kick off in the second half though. There were more chances for both teams, they even got 1 of their shots on target (there only shot on target in the whole game actually). We then started to press and were attacking a lot more often. I felt it was time for a change so I got Philippens ready to come on for Bobinho. Then Bobinho suddenly springed into life as he scored a wonderfully finished goal. We were coasting now and were playing very well. Bobinho came off the minute after and Philippens came on. It was then him who got a chance, 6 minutes later, as a through ball was played through the middle. He shot from 20 yards out and scored a lovely goal.

Ibiza 2 - 0 Mallorca

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

why did i captain one game and not even make the bench in the other xD

edit: actually just remembered how many players signed up, was thinking there was only 11+7 xD

Yeah, we have to rotate the teams a lot, so whoever captains one game, is not guaranteed to captain the next, or even play the next game.

We played our second international games last night and a report for that and a few more games will come today. All I'm going ot say is that somethnig very unexpected happened ;)

I reckon either the GK scored, it was a ridicously high scoring game or enough people got sent of for the match to be won by default

Ibiza Surprise Croatia

Before the game nobody had given the small Island off the East coast of Spain a chance in a game against group leaders Croatia but 8 minutes into the game White ran with the ball into the penalty area and Marko Babic brought him down and earned a yellow from the referee to add insult to injury. The Croats crowded the referee protesting that it was not a penalty but Massimo Busacca was having none of it. Atli Ásgeirsson stepped up confidently against Stip Pletikosa and cooly sent him the wrong way to put the side who were not given a chance before the match ahead. The goal scorer was then injured after 34 minutes and for the rest of the half there was lots of chances for both teams and Ibiza defintely not being dominated. The second half produced as many chances as the first but with a mixture of good goalkeeping and poor finishing Ibiza kept their 1-0 lead. Near the end of the match Ibiza went more defensive bringing one of their strikers back into the midfield and they managed ot hold out for a magnificent victory.

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Cant be bothered to re-write the reports so i'll just post the screenies:

Euro 08 Qualifier

Czech Republic coast past Mallorca

Czech Republic 4 - 2 Mallorca

Goalscorers: Curry Man, Robert Boyle

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Euro 08 Qualifier

Cyprus win against Mallorca, again

Mallorca 1 - 2 Cyprus

Goalscorer: Robert Boyle

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Big thanks to Paul for sending that thing so me and Robert could change the names of the teams to what we wanted them to be :)

3-0 win for Estonia

In Robert Boyles first game in charge of the new look Ibiza national team they lost 3-0 with all of the goals being second half goals. Artjom Toom scored the first after 70 minutes breaking in from the left hand side of the pitch and then Kaarel Stepanov scored twice in the last two minutes making it 3-0.

After the match Ibiza goalkeeper Brucie Bonus admitted that Ibiza were completely outplayed and that even though they scored two late goals it could have easily been more but he was sure that results would improve and the new manager Robert Boyle was just getting used to his new position.

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Sorry lots of the players were real players FM was acting a bit wierd last night :/

No luck in getting my first international cap. Oh well hopefully next time. Unlucky on the loss though.

League Game 1

Ibiza go down to hard-working Alcoyano

Really poor result, and a game that we really should have won. I can not believe we lost this game, they had 1 shot in the whole game and managed to score it, whereas we had 12 shots and failed to score from any of them. We dominated the whole of the game (despite the amount possesion not showing this).

We came close to scoring on numerous occasions, with Adicel and Barker both coming close to scoring. Dissapointing result.

Ibiza 0 - 1 Alcoyano

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

League Game 2

Quality Finishing Provides Fantastic Victory

Absolutely fantastic result against the rivals, Mallorca. We played very well and they never looked like they would cause us any problems. The first half finished goalless, with us slightly having the upper hand. There were chances for both teams, however I think that we were the team that looked like we would convert one of our chances.

Things really started to kick off in the second half though. There were more chances for both teams, they even got 1 of their shots on target (there only shot on target in the whole game actually). We then started to press and were attacking a lot more often. I felt it was time for a change so I got Philippens ready to come on for Bobinho. Then Bobinho suddenly springed into life as he scored a wonderfully finished goal. We were coasting now and were playing very well. Bobinho came off the minute after and Philippens came on. It was then him who got a chance, 6 minutes later, as a through ball was played through the middle. He shot from 20 yards out and scored a lovely goal.

Ibiza 2 - 0 Mallorca

Overview

Match Stats

Player Ratings

Still not getting a start. Cracked a bench spot in the first league game. Must keep training.

Archived