4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not worry about friendlies, as my guess is that a std 442 will work better in friendlies until the team gels with a very different type of tactic.

Also if you do not set manager reputation at start you will probably get poor results from an unusual tactic.

Hey Knap, first of all GREAT TACTIC probably the most effective for me since B1GD way back when or one of the many 4-5-1 variations.

Easily got my own Oxford side promoted first season but now Ive got a bit of competition Im finding it very difficult on my travels 2 wins from the last 7 away fixtures. Im using the 106 tactic. Any advice?

Try the Defend tactic in post 402 or the 102pt counter attack for away games. Also if AI use 352 add long farrows to get behind AI FBs.

You need to upgrade squad for each new league, let me know if you need a few player suggestions.

Little update for you.

Wasn't happy with the lack of support for my anchorman so I dropped my to amc's forward runs to mixed and put forward arrows on my wide midfielders and just won two on the bounce at home with Weymouth in the Championship quite comfortably. Lovely balance about this formation.

Currently playing in this shape and altering tempo, width, base mentality and frd runs for home/away games -

******Gk******

RB***CB**CB***LB

******DM*****

RM***********LM

****AM**AM***

******CF******

RM and LM have frd arrows at home, none away. Dm has a frd arrow. AM's have back arrows.

It's going nicely.

Knap - I'm trying the Defend tactic now, but in all other tactics the wingers farrows only went as far as AML/R and now they go all the way up, is that right?

Also I love your tactics, but you got them posted all over this thread, for all that is holy, please please please UPDATE your first post with the main tactics to download bud :)

Cheers

Steve

Steve

The idea of long farrows is to put pressure on AI fullbacks and try to exploit area behind them.

No idea how to edit posts only just found out how to do screenshots.

Thanks Steve

I tend to use Darkstarr but adjusted. However, I also use a 1st team training set up basically as the standard but changed for Pre Season and reduced about mid season for test games.

I will attempt to edit first post in stages and add screeshots.

One of my tweaks involved long farrows on the ML and MR on the home tactic, and it really pins teams down and puts them under heavy pressure, other home tweaks include tight marking for all players except the centre backs, time wasting of 10, and also giving the striker and ML and MR creative freedom 10, i have only lost once at home with this tactic and that was to a team who had much better players, and i had just taken over and most players moral was poor, or very poor.

knap. Your tactic is one of the best i have tried. With 3rd League Danish team i am in the qfinal of domestic cup, i have also great run in the league.

Today or tommorow i will put screenshots.

And if you could please edit first post and add links for all versions with short description.

superb tac

cheers

knap,

thanks for your tips about players.

i bought fernandez,vdv,guillerme,samba,richards,barnes,veloso,lloris and eduardo.

first season i finished 3rd and now i'm first with 7 win and 1 drow.

my first eleven are:

gk-robinson

rb-richards

lb-bale

rcb-samba

lcb-king

mr-barnes

ml-m.fernandez

mc-veloso/eduardo

lamc-vdv

ramc-guillerme

fc-bent/crouch

please could you tell me some more players suitable for this amazing tactic?

also any advise regarding my team would be appreciate.

cheers

Standard 4141 formation.

Only some of links work and you an only add 4 images, so editing Post 1 has not worked that well.

I prefer to use same tactic home and away. Prefer to upgrade team rather than keep changing tactics.

Standard 4141 formation.

Only some of links work and you an only add 4 images, so editing Post 1 has not worked that well.

I prefer to use same tactic home and away. Prefer to upgrade team rather than keep changing tactics.

some links does not work because you have added cutted links. You have to paste full length link ( without three dots inside ) Hope you understand me ;)

edit: hmm.. all links seems work correctly for me.

Hi Knap,

I am a bit confused with all these tactics u have uploaded so I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Basically I am AFC Wimbledon and after 5 back to back promotions I am in the Championship and struggling to find consistancy from my tactics that I have used b4. After I read this thread I thought great someone has got back to back promotions all the way up2 the top and done really well when getting into the Premiership.

Now after reading this thread there seem to be so many different tactics to use I have downloaded the 106 pts one and I was just wondering if that would be the right tactic to use for a newly promoted side in the championship or if not which one should I use?

Many Thanks in advance

I think there are a bit too much tactics now, making it a little confusing on which tactic to use, so I have reverted back to just using the 106pts tactic for both home and away games. Is working well for me, although I will play the SUS tactic late on, in games where i'm only winning by a goal.

Steve

Ok, have gone down the filefront avenue and have got my four formations available.

Knap is the influence for the shape of the 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 and Catanaccio and Wingman are my own work.

Play the formations in the following situations. First two are the base formations using Knaps shape. Second two are the ultra defensive and attacking options that i've been using for ages.

If favourite for a game or playing an inferior side then start with 4-3-2-1.

http://files.filefront.com/4+3+2+1tac/;12004538;/fileinfo.html

If not the favourite or playing a stronger side then start with 4-1-4-1.

http://files.filefront.com/4+1+4+1tac/;12004537;/fileinfo.html

Switch these two formations during the game if you are unsucessful with either.

To close out a game go to Catenaccio (Catenaccio is Italian for door bolt, Inter Milan created the Catenaccio is the 1960's). It is in essence a 5-4-1. Handles the AI 4-2-4 rather well.

http://files.filefront.com/Catenacciotac/;12004539;/fileinfo.html

To chase the game if you need a goal then play Wingman. This is your own 4-2-4. Self explanatory really.

http://files.filefront.com/Wingmantac/;12004540;/fileinfo.html

I know only use these four formations for every game situation. Obviously you need certain players for certain positions. All set piece routines are set in each formation, no corner cheat used. Any questions/opinions welcome.

Thanks to Knap for the shape of the basic formations. A great tactic Knap.

If using Man U or Arsenal you can just use 107pt tactic, no need for defend or SUS.

With weaker teams use 106pts, you then need to make a Managers call to close match out or continue with tactic.

If controlling game but not scoring then you can try the variations - adding creative freedom etc.

2 Main tactics with plan B options to defend or attack.

The other formations are for if you do not have the players to play the Main tactics or you just want a change or 3 No farrow tactics to prepare for FM09, plus a 424 if you feel lucky.

I very seldom change tactic or use SUS tactics, however the options are available and in games when AI are on fire then a complete change in tactic style can get you back in game rather than suffer a heavy defeat.

Wijnand fens. For away games try 102Counter.

I use this tactic when i'm playing against much better teams or when 106A tac seems not working.

On the last 10 min or when AI set 424 i use SUS.

cheers

I know this is not a real test, but I am using the tactic listed on the first page in a sign up I running called "The Luton Revival".

The team was made up of 80 CA 16-21 year olds in League 2 and Luton started with a -30 point penalty.

So far this season we have won 32, Drew 9 and Lost 4 with 1 game left to play and are in 4th place.

I am impressed with this tactic, I had never thought of using a zero creative freedom tactic before, but it really suits this squad of youngsters.

I think they can get through the play offs and I will use the 4 tactics above then.

Great work.

hey knap! I,m using 106 tactic with excellent results in spanish league with villareal. What kind of striker do you reccomend?? a fast and creative striker or a tall striker with good heading and jumping??

thanks so much

for me the best is Chamakh of Bordeaux....good pace and goog haad....

YAMS

Run 4321 as Holiday squad is strong but only made 93pts, could be FM07 not same as FM08 or many other variables.

Could be Knap yeah. Especially on the FM07/08 theory.

I've changed a few things tonight actually! Now have one of the AMC's playing at MC with a forward arrow. The winger on his side now gets a double forward arrow to the centre forwards line.

This is allowing a creative centre mid with good passing and decisions to play. The att mid is all about dribbling and finishing. Better balance now I think and certainly easier to get the right players.

Will keep working on this idea.

The main tactic 106 uses a slow tempo and has a SUS and CA based on this main tactic.

The quick tempo CA also has a SUS using man marking on back 4.

These allow a switch between slow to quick tactics or normal to counter attack, providing options within the same tactical set up.

knap,

thanks for your tips about players.

i bought fernandez,vdv,guillerme,samba,richards,barnes,veloso,lloris and eduardo.

first season i finished 3rd and now i'm first with 7 win and 1 drow.

my first eleven are:

gk-robinson

rb-richards

lb-bale

rcb-samba

lcb-king

mr-barnes

ml-m.fernandez

mc-veloso/eduardo

lamc-vdv

ramc-guillerme

fc-bent/crouch

please could you tell me some more players suitable for this amazing tactic?

also any advise regarding my team would be appreciate.

cheers

Wow I got 5 of the ones you got for your tottenham team strange :S difference is I got Huntelaar up front, Woodgate is great with me with that tactic, Barnes is doing fantastic. I decided to sell Modric and get in Rosina as well, hasn't done much, Ghaly is actually alright at the MC position as well by the way. How much you pay for Micah Richards.

Hooligan

I'm trying to look at this from the Dugout.

You send team out with tactic in style of play you want them to use.

If its 0-0 at 60th minute and you are expecting to win, then I would encourage the team to get forward more (Attacking) or vary the attack more and be creative (creative and free roles).

If away from Home up 1-0 at 60th minute you would encourage the team to keep it tight and counter attack, in 80th min Keep it tight and stay back.

Rather than messing around during match adjusting sliders, there are some option tactics to vary the play.

I tend to use Guilherme upfront but Huntlelaar should be more than capable. Also prefer Fernandez at AMC so tend to by a LM - Dentinho looks promising.

Archived