4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

started a new game with my beloved middlesbrough did in holiday mode cos was goping to to football only for 1 season i wanted to but a keeper but had no funding so i just set the team and left it ended up 16th starting second season bought a few players for the attacking mid role and bought issaksen for between the sticks just beat hull 7-0 away first game not to bad i'll keep updating on how i;m doing

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knap i used your tacic 00v1106PTS_4321_OXFORD_JAN_2010 for a good while had some good results the thing is i conceded to many goals is ure tight cb tactic exactly the same but uve just made the defence tighter.

Am thinking off starting a new game using either the above tactic or the tight cb one and if the games not going my way then switch to one of the other tactics u posted what do u think? thanks in advance

Smac,

The one used with Leeds is the last slow tactic, I have a few variations in the formation just do not have time to test.

I find that no cf gets about 3-6 pts more a season.

Ifc7

The 106pts tactic should be as good as the CB version, which was just a trial. The same defensive settings are used on the 107pts tactic with Arsenal just more attacking with a pushed up DL and that was watertight and outperformed the 106pt tactic with same team and approx same games. There are just many variables, if you can identify a cause - late goals, outpaced defence, too many crosses then you make a correction - buy a better player - had this once with a LB and was solved in January Transfer Window.

If its a team I am familiar with a could try to give you a few suggestions.

mattbuck

Just make it available for download or let me know all settings farrows etc, so I can set it up.

The Arsenal one is in post 225 (107pts) you will see it has AMR and AML no farrows or barrows.

right an update on my boro season, currently sitting 5 in the league had draws against chelsea and man utd i really really should have won both games but lady luck won't on my side and i nee at better striker than alves if i'm gonna start to beat these teams but i'm very happy i wanted a good mid table finish with the possiblity of europe hoghlight so far 8-0 against southampton in carling cup

mister c

I only played the same 1st half of season with Arsenal to compare tactics and look at SOTs. I've also had look at corners and the user should score more from corners simply because they have more - the AI is defensive and should be score less.

Hi knap!

After my experience with your tactic in my last game ( Anderlecht Double, Besiktas League Champion, Chelsea 1st after 23 matches) i decided to start a new game in Germany.

I started my new career at 1860 Munich in 2nd Bundesliga. Which tactic would you use? I play 106pts4321Tottenham8. Is this the latest version? I also have 106ptsV1attack, defend and deep defend Oxford2014. Which should I use?

My first friendlies have been Cannes (2:2) and Normannia Gmünd (2:0). In the Gmünd-game both goals for me scored from corners. Against Cannes I had very few chances, in Gmünd I had many chances but couldn't convert.

Thx for your help!

Aachen4 Ever

Most tactics in post 225 - I'm still working on a few to improve and may try to put them all together.

Use 106pts as base tactic

Use SUS and 10Man as appropriate

If you need a goal late in game try 107pts but add farrows to FL and FR

If a hard away game try Counter Attack 102pts

I do not worry about Friendly scores just make sure you play enough for the team to understand tactic.

There are games when you cannot score even with many chances and games that your team do not play well, just ups and downs of football.

Just finished my 3rd season as Sunderland and finished 2nd using the original tactic at first then during season changed to the one with the AML and AMR. My team seemed to bottle it at the end of the season and lose some key games so I am going to go for it this season with the improved CBs tactic. Have you ever changed this formation to include 2 strikers I like playing with 2 up front but have yet to find a decent tactic for it.

I did a few games with Stalybridge to see if they could handle the quick counter attack tactic at that level, and they played OK and could handle tactic. You may need to add a few decent players to step up to BSP.

You can mix and match the tactics, they are set up in same way just styles of play, so you can try counter attack or even use the free role tactic. In addition you can change players positions wingers and AMCs. You can add long farrows to wingers. Sometimes it will be a 0-0 whatever you try.

Hey knap grats on the tactic mate, just a few questions. I am Leeds in my first season in the EPL, I am about 9th at the moment in January and just started using your tactic. What are the important attributes for the AMCs running to the MC position? Because I have a regen in the name of Fabrice Silva (I think hes regen) who is an AM/FC, and Roberto who is a DM - Are they the wrong people to have in that position? Also my striker is one Danny Haynes, is he suited into playing this position. My other positions seem fine got eduardo left back, angulo right back etc, Just wanna know what recommendations are for those positions once I get some money in :p Using that xtree one by the way. thanks again.

loving this tactic at the moment!

using it with blackburn, 1st season, haven't made any signings as i havent really played a higher level fm2008 game till now, haven't sold anyone.

things have been goin really well, half way thru the season now and am in 5th place,

played 19, won 11, drawn 4, lost 4, 40 for, 21 against.

i have scored 7 more goals from corners than the 2nd highest, i know...naughty naughty. but im happy for this to give me a slight edge at the mo. (samba is a monster)

just got battered away at chelsea but managed a 1-1 draw, they had 23 shots, i had 1! ill take it!

should have beaten arsenal at home, was all over them but couldnt score at 2-2, ended 2-2.

in some games against similar opposition i have been beaten on possession and passing % but still managed to create a lot more chances, i think this is because we sort of sit back and dont let them get anywhere, then quickly get at them with short passes

great tactic!!

As its a lone striker tactic and chances are provided in a variety of ways, a good all round striker is essential. I usually use AMCs or AM/FC in the advanced positions, with a DM to support rather than use MCs. However on odd occassions I will use a player like Soley a DM in the advanced AMC position, so the tactic is flexible.

If its Eduardo from Botafogo then he can play anywhere - great buy. Angulo, I can never get a WP. I prefer players that can jump and head a ball at FB.

With the corners I have run the holiday season with 6 yard box and mixed and the goals from corners were similar 19-17, so it appears to become an issue with players like Samba combined with a good corner taker. I also score a few from the near post using anticipation. When you compare corner count to AI then you would expect more from corners anyway and I often find that in competitive matches the goals from corners are similar but in a Friendly matches against weak opposition the CB gets hat tricks.

I would try the quick counter attack against Arsenal.

having great success with the tactic.

finished 5th in the 1st season with blackburn, now coming 3rd after about 10 games in the 2nd season.

one question - the tactic seems perfect against a standard 442, they cant handle it. but with man city and chelsea's tactic with 1 MC, 1AMC, AMR, AML and 1 FC i seem to always struggle. i think this is partly to do with them maybe having stronger players, but what would you reccomend i do with regards to which tactic to choose?

also...when would you suggest that defend is used? should it be used when the oppo go to long farrows with their wide players?

lastly - when im dominating games, sometimes i have loads of shots, but loads off target. in this instance do you think that having long shots rarely for all players is a good idea as then we will try to pass the ball in rather than shoot from further out?

great tactic!

Results with Swansea

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cocacolaleague1leaguetaqg8.png

I am using this tactic to SUS from the 80th min

http://files.filefront.com/00V1102PTS4321COUNTER7tac/;11889123;/fileinfo.html

moza2k7

My preference is to use the 106pt tactic and use the above in 80th min. No other changes.

For difficult games use the quick narrow counter attack 102pt tactic.

These are off shot stats

Re match stats - from the testing I did with Arsenal

quick narrow tactic 18 competitive games (This is 107pts Tactic)

W17D0L1

Opposition SOT 24 Goals 5 OFF TARGET 30

Arsenal SOT 175 Goals 47 OFF TARGET 195

slow wide tactic 18 competitive games (This is 106pts tactic)

W16D2L0

Opposition SOT 55 Goals 15 OFF TARGET 46

Arsenal SOT 166 Goals 48 OFF TARGET 206

Hi knap,

Quite interested in trying your tactic but having looked through the 3 pages I'm confused as to which link to use? Can you suggest one which is best to start with? I fancy starting a new game with Celtic and I'll give feedback of course.

Thank you.

Well well well.

I have been using my own 4-1-4-1 tactic and adapted it since early CM days. In FM08 it worked a treat up until getting Forest Green into the Premiership... and then it was 16th, 14th, 11th, 14th in consecutive seasons (even with a bit of tinkering). However, i loaded in your tactic yesterday and i'm absolutely astonished.

I was in 10th whilst using my existing tactic, but pulled off a carling cup win (i.e. UEFA qualification) and used the remaining 10 or so fixtures to test other tactics.

I have previously tried several of Kim's many variations (when in a lower league) and it just want happening for me, so i wasnt expecting much from this adaptation. My team are rated poorly by the media (expected to finish 20th) and although my squad is OK, it doesnt really have anyone rated over 4 stars by the assman. However, the first game was away to Man Utd, whom i had played on 9 previous occasions without a victory. I beat them 5-3 (i was 5-1 up with 2 minutes to go). Next home to Chelsea.... 4-1. Then home to Blackburn... 3-0 but then an undeserved loss away to Villa 4-2.

I played out the season with this tactic and finished 7th. I'll certainly be using for the whole of the next season. I play a striker in the left att-mid slot who seems to score more goals than the strikers.

One thing to note about this tactic... its a joy to watch. I'm seeing the types of goals i havent seen before, from players who i thought were crap.

Good work to however made this.

p.s. i havent tried the 2 or 3 alternative tactics that you have but will prob download them.

I used the improved CB setting tactic and although I came 3rd in the league I won the champions league with Sunderland. I finished 3rd as my team Sunderland seemed to bottle it against Arsenal and Man Utd and threw away some wins in silly games against Leichester and West Brom. Going to have to give the SUS tactic a go once I am winning in the 80th minute I reckon. I gotta say thanks again though as Liverpool havent been in the champions league for 2 seasons I am in the 4th season and won the champions league, this enabled me to sign Torres to Sunderland so thanks dude.

Well, well , well. I never thought i would see the day when i would beat arsenal at their ground in their present glory. But i did with this tactic. 3-0 against them and we were all over them. The tactic is spot-on and i haven't even lost with this tactic yet either. Great stuff so far!!!!

Archived