4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Knap,

Sorry if this has been asked before but what kind of striker should I be using? TM or FS?

Frazier Campbell and Zarate are being rotated, yes they bag goals but thier goals too shots ratio is awful, on average its only 20% of shots on goal are on target.

Cheers

wez

This is a common problem with all tactics I have tried, however its goals and results that matter. A lone striker needs to be a cross between TM &FS an is a key position and needs to be best you can get. Also helps if AMCs have high long shot attribute. With regard to shots ratio the following are from testing with Arsenal with about the best front man. The 106 tactic is already slow and wide and I have tested with many other settings fine tuning and arrows.

Re match stats - from the testing I did with Arsenal

quick narrow tactic 18 competitive games (This is 107pts Tactic)

W17D0L1

Opposition SOT 24 Goals 5 OFF TARGET 30

Arsenal SOT 175 Goals 47 OFF TARGET 195

slow wide tactic 18 competitive games (This is 106pts tactic)

W16D2L0

Opposition SOT 55 Goals 15 OFF TARGET 46

Arsenal SOT 166 Goals 48 OFF TARGET 206

you mean the one you use with chelsea? 4321 97 pts?

This my test with this farrowless tactic: (97 pts)

in FM 09 demo

I'm Newcastle:

Man City away- lose 3-1

Spurs home win- 2-1

Arsenal away lose- 1-0 (penalty)

Stoke home win- 2-0

Arsenal away win- 1-0

Portsmouth away win- 1-0

Sunderland home draw- 1-1 I miss a penalty

Maybe this tactic works

I will test it more

Wijnand

I have demo loaded but the tactics are not transferring the passing, closing down instructions etc. Have you noticed this?

If this is a transfer issue then I will have to reset the instructions.

Once sorted I can provide a download link.

Help me KNAP! (Or anyone!!!)

Been using your tactic set for a few seasons now with Man Utd with great success. I've just had a fantastic season in the Premier League, only drawing three games and losing one to win the title. But Arsenal were the one team to beat me (4-1 at the Emirates) and are currently on something like a 30-match unbeaten run. Despite my strong performance all of last season I only won the title by six points as Arsenal had 3 draws and 3 losses (all before Christmas).

Basically my game against Arsenal last season was a shambles. I dominated the game, had about three times the goal attempts to the Gunners but conceded three goals in no time at all in the second half to finish 4-1 losers. Akinfeev was given Arsenal's man of the match honours as he pulled off a run of saves.

But I copped it on the chin, decided it just wasn't my day and played on.

Unfortunately in the Community Shield Arsenal again proved unbeatable. I took a lead through Rooney, but then midway through the second half with my team right on top, Frey decided to miss a corner and let it fall at the feet of Van Persie. 1-1. Was Arsenal's only shot on target to my 10. In the shoot-out, I lost 6-5 when Pique became the first player to miss after 11 successful spot-kicks.

Move ahead five weeks into the new league season. I've got four wins on the spin and conceded one, Arsenal have three wins and a draw. The game at the Emirates starts poorly with Sagna booting the ball clear from inside his 18-yard area, Veloso deciding to duck underneath the header and Van Persie being given a clear run to score after 2 minutes. From there I fight back and dominate again. Thanks to two Pique headers from corners (nothing else seems capable of beating the wall known as Akinfeev) I'm leading 2-1 with just seconds to go.

Arsenal switch to a 4-2-4 and with their only attack of the second half, cross the ball from the right. Bodmer (on for the previously mentioned Veloso) decides to head the ball straight back across the box and into the path of Van Persie who grabs his second from another mistake and again after dominating I have to settle for a 2-2 draw.

Now I have to play Arsenal again at the Emirates after drawing them in the third round of the League Cup. I'm seriously at a loss... I don't know how to beat these guys. I've used every tactic in the set and nothing gets me more than a draw at best despite dominating every single time.

Arsenal start the game with a flat 4-4-2 formation with short farrows on the wingers and one of their central mids (normally the right one) with a curved arrow to a central defensive midfielder position. If they fall behind they go to long farrows for the wingers but the curved barrow on the central midfielder remains in place.

My team that I'm using lines up like this... not mugs trust me...

GK - Frey

DR - Ramos

DL - Bale

DC (left) - Richards

DC (right) - Pique

MC - Veloso

MR - Ronaldo

ML - Rosina

AMC (right) - Fernandez

AMC (left) - Bodmer

FC - Rooney

So as you can see I have quite a decent squad but I just can't beat Arsenal at all, ever, no matter what... does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me?

Cheers.

Try 102pt counter attack or 4141 107pt Top team. With 4141 you can move aMR&L back to MR&ML and drop free roles. With a good team late in game you can also push up more

Ok will give it a try when I get home... hopefully it works because I'm at my wits end... it's not helped by Wenger getting all cocky and having a pop at me all the time, I really want to shut him up! :)

I've not tried what you suggested to the 4141 in terms of dropping the wingers back and removing the free roles... fingers crossed!

keadude

Just checked my MU save. Using 4141 won both League games, won Carling Cup Final on pens but lost FA Cup Final, so W2D1L1 which I will take against Arsenal.

Wijnand

Can you let me know how you get on with the non farrow tactic on the Demo.

Hey Knap,

Thanks for the advice. I took a gamble that Arsenal were playing a bit conservatively, hence all the missed shots on my part and seemingly lethal finishing by the Gunners in previous games and decided to go with the 4141 107pts formation from the outset and told my players ``No pressure'' in the team talk to try and reduce the early mistakes, which could just be nerves by my players.

Sure enough we still have a nervy start but don't at least concede... then we get into the game, a fine move is ended by Rooney to give me a 1-0 lead. Then midway through the half Rooney nicks the ball off Akinfeev's feet to score a second and for the first time since never I'm 2-0 up against Arsenal.

A free-kick by Arsenal then curled past my static defence and Vela slotted to make it 2-1 at halftime.

As I expected Arsenal change to the long farrows at halftime and I change to the 102 quick counter... we don't really dominate the half but Rooney's brilliant finish for the third results in me taking a 3-1 lead. Some fantastic defending and keeping give me a victory at long last.

Strange thing is this was perhaps the most even of the games but I took a big win... this game is odd at times.

Thanks man, your ideas really helped me considering how stuck I was.

He knap

FM09 Demo

here my results with the non arrow tactic (97pts)

I play with a very small club from norway (Mo IL)

Here my results

home draw 1-1

away win 3-2

away draw 1-1

away win 2-0

away draw 0-0

away win 3-1

away draw 0-0

away lose 3-1 (against topteam)

away lose 3-0 (league)

home draw 0-0 (league)

away lose 2-1 (league)

home win 1-0 (league)

away draw 1-1 (league)

away win 1-0 (cup)

Mixed results

If you have the tactic on FM08 you can manually change the FM09 version for mentality closing down and passing, reset the attacking and defending corners, from the FM08 version.

If I get a chance I will try to add a FM09 tactic to filefront but still not sure it will download as intended.

I thought I would give my input to an interesting, rollar coaster ride that this tactic has given me.

I have used the 106 tactic with Weymouth after starting a new game. Capacity 6600, little money.

I got promoted to League 2 after two seasons in the BSP Prem. Got promoted straight to League 1 the next year, and the Championship the year after.

My problems started when my excellent youngsters (with the help of Genie) wanted to move to bigger clubs, and after rubbish bids by bigger clubs, the Weymouth board accepting and them going.

These players cannot be replaced - no player with anything like a decent CA is interested in joining, so I have to sign prospects who are not ready for the Championship. I can't even get decent loanees from my parent club, Everton.

I lost 10 out of the last 12 games of last season, and I am a lowly 19th this season. Morale is very poor with most players, and I conceding 2-3 goals a game. Before my crash in form last season, I was upto 2nd place.

I really wanted to take them to the Prem and Europe, but with the council blocking stadium expansion EVERY SEASON, I have taken them as far as I can (I think).

I am gutted it's gone sour! Sendings off, injuries, players wanting to leave, disallowed goals, dominating possession and attempts at goal (although my attempts:goal ratio is shocking), opposition 'keepers getting 8s and 9s, last minute goals etc etc!

Thoughts please. It's all gone wrong at Weymouth after loving the challenge and the tactic (I imagine it is quals with a good team!!)

Thanks for your time.

Andy

Andy

When it goes downhill the game becomes very difficult. I would suggest a new game with Oxford as good rep and ground. I'm happy to help with player suggestions and if using Genie you can grab some good regens.

The tactic is set up for a good quality side and if you have lost your best players then you can only really try a very defensive tactic to avoid relegation and try to rebuild the squad.

If you PM me I can give you a few suggestions re setting up tactics but I've just wiped my hard drive so no longer have all my FM08 tactics available.

this tactic is weird i kick arse as hull average players but on my liverpool team i find it hard to score even though i've got players like torres aguaro silva messi alves richards akifeev vdv players like that it's strange i need help on this one

For Liverpool try 107 Pts Top Team, more attacking pushed up with free roles.

wijnand

Which club?

Tha

Its fairly normal with most tactics apart from the ones that create few chances then you just do not score. Its a results based tactic, in that most tactics produce 90-95pts these are consistant at over 100pts.

Andy

Try an easy game with a top team and you may then want to try again, but I find it hard work searching for players, so its good to have a break from the Lower Leagues.

nice tactic so far.....played 14 games with man utd and against another human manager wich is liverpool, got 13 victories and 1 draw 3-3 away against arsenal, like the tactic,creats loads of chances wich rooney or berbs finish perfectly i'm in 2011/2012, and i'll post further results.

Good results with Hearts, have you played Celtic Away?

Not sure what to make of Demo as too many injuries and most out for a month or worse, as bought Fernandez and out for 3mths.

Main 106 tactic, same instructions as the FM08 tactic

http://files.filefront.com/KNAP106+FM09+MAINtac/;12268662;/fileinfo.html

Against 4-2-4 tactic last 10 minutes, same instructions as the FM08 tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Tegen+4+2+4+FM09+laatste+ntac/;12268663;/fileinfo.html

Special thanks to KNAP

I hope the links will work

I'm gonna try this tactic with Barcelona

Let you know the results

Main 106 tactic, same instructions as the FM08 tactic

http://files.filefront.com/KNAP106+FM09+MAINtac/;12260468;/fileinfo.html

Against 4-2-4 tactic last 10 minutes, same instructions as the FM08 tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Against+4+2+4+FM09+last+1+tac/;12260469;/fileinfo.html

Special thanks to KNAP

I hope the links will work

I'm gonna try this tactic with Barcelona

Let you know the results

Here my results with this tactic, with Barcelona

Win away Sneek 4-0

Win away NEC 2-0

Lose away Feyenoord 0-2

Win away Al Ittihad 4-0

Draw away Xerez 0-0

Draw away Ejido 2-2

Win home Partizan 4-1

Win away Partizan 3-0

Win away Almeria 2-1

Win away At madrid 2-1

Win home Fiorentina 2-1

Win home Sevilla 4-2

I think It works also in FM09

BTW: Injured: Messi, Bojan, Puyol, Henry and Gudjohnson

Wijnand

Thanks Wijnand for adding link and instructions.

Despite injuries appears to be working, hardly gave Spurs a sniff and racked up clear cut chances and a missed penalty!

tottenhamvarsenalwi3.png

w1436.png

Archived