4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

A recap on numbers used in the tactic title.

The numbers represent the pts obtained on a holiday season and is therefore a performance indicator.

I test may variables on this season by either step changes or new ideas. For example, I can add long farrows to wingers and test tactic and then compare results and this gives an indication whether a tweak is suitable for long term performance compared to a just a short term gain and should be added in match in certain circumstances.

Most of the tactics are based on No Creative Freedom as used by Kimz. I have a few with limited creative feedom or a tactic with high team creative freedom, again ideas that can be added to mix withourt hurting the long term performance of tactic.

I am happy to say that apart from Kimz V1 and V2 tactics the only other tactic to make it to 100pts is mister C's tactic 101pts to be precise, the main tactics provided have a rating of 106. 107 and 108.

I have downloaded most tactics available and tested these and very few make it to 95pts.

You will have to make your own mind up about the value of holiday season testing, and using the tactic is one way to draw a conclusion.

I've used Kimz tactics for many seasons and discovered that although I thought a tweak improved performance, it was only short lived and soon went back to the original tactic that tested so well on the holiday season.

I've offered a few styles of tactics on the basis that these are plug and play long term tactics and changing the set up may reduce the tactics effectiveness. However, if you have a tweak that you think may work then I'm happy to rerun holiday season.

edwinteo

I would probably use the 107pt tactic rather than 4231.

The 4141 used in the 107pt tactic uses freeroles for the wingers on a cut in basis, and you can expriment with xball rarely etc for different attacking options.

I do not use a playmaker because tha tacics are very much a mixed style of play rather than limiting options, although results from adding a playmaker would be interesting.

Riziger

Home form is usually better than away form for any tactic. My testing indicates that a good tactic will work both home and away, however the 102pt counter attack tactic is probably the tactic to use for difficult away games.

You will need to improve squad and if you need any player ideas let me know, been there many times testing with Oxford.

I tend to buy Kinkladze and Svensson at BSP level and stats drop quickly, but Svensson becomes a coach which is a useful addition tto backroom staff.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riziger

Home form is usually better than away form for any tactic. My testing indicates that a good tactic will work both home and away, however the 102pt counter attack tactic is probably the tactic to use for difficult away games.

You will need to improve squad and if you need any player ideas let me know, been there many times testing with Oxford.

I tend to buy Kinkladze and Svensson at BSP level and stats drop quickly, but Svensson becomes a coach which is a useful addition tto backroom staff.

Alright thanx for the quick reply. Trying to get the 102 pt tactic now even if filefront is being a so and so.

So far so good with the normal xmas tactic. My defence is still leaking but we're winning games more convincingly.

I'm in the 3rd season btw, cause I started unemployed, took a job in Malaysia, and now am at Macclesfield in 2010.

Will probably try to pick up Anders Svensson, as he's transfer-listed but don't know if he's willing to come to me.

Any ideas for defenders? My attack is pretty solid, but defending is horrid.

Parent Loans/Loans can be used at this level, you may be lucky if Sabic, Soley, Chalwe, Ruldolph Austin, Mary, Tierney are still cheap. Svensson will be past it by 3rd year.

Defences leak at this level.

Parent Loans/Loans can be used at this level, you may be lucky if Sabic, Soley, Chalwe, Ruldolph Austin, Mary, Tierney are still cheap. Svensson will be past it by 3rd year.

Defences leak at this level.

Seyfo Soley? Seems decent but wants 3500 per week.

Not much money so can't offer him that.

Parent club is Huddersfield, sent me pretty crap players so far.

My team is actually quite decent

Graham Stack

Dusan Koren (regen)

Jon Ashton

Lewis Walker (loan)

Neil Ashton

Nabil El Zhar

Jordan Hadfield

Matty Robson

Serge Leblanc (regen)

Dave Bird

Martyn Waghorn (loan) - 50 goals this season but injured for last few games.

Been performing below par the entire season but in the last 11 games we've pulled it together and with the help of your tactic for the past 3 games and the remaining few, I've scraped into the playoff spots and also in the FA Trophy Final.

Btw, what tweaks do I do if my team is dominating, but not getting shots on target?

If you offer trial wage demand drops.

Cancel Parent and try for new. You can reject player and scout for any decent players. Try a loan from non Parent they can sometimes accept 0%.

World Class Players can't hit a barn door unless they are in AI team.

Yea, they usually accept 0%. It's the players that don't want to come.

Lost the FA Trophy even when I was favoured to win. Controlled the game but they scored the 3 shots they had on target including one in the 93rd min. And one in the 120th min, which was the last kick of the match.

Just keep trying especially with the non stars, Forecast GK at Spurs is good at this level or Preston Edwards Millwall.

It happens lost a few like that myself, but with Cup games it may be useful to modify team talks and press comments.

Hi Knap,

just to give you an update mate.

Used your tactic as you reccomended (a few posts back) with my Eastleigh team in the championship and saved me from near relegation (2016) purchased a few players to match 4321 and looking forward to a new season!

Will download the counter tactic and use for the first time this season also - I need this for when I play the likes of relegated wigan/newcastle/everton - shall let you know how i get on.

Cheers for all your help so far mate.

PJ (converted from kimz)

Latest tactic

englishpremierdivisionlnw5.pngw1024.png

PM if you would like to try and give feedback,

pestache

Depends on side you are using. If a top side

http://files.filefront.com/00V1107PTS4141+Totten8tac/;11782976;/fileinfo.html

All sides can use this the original tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Knap106pts4321+Tottenham8tac/;11613273;/fileinfo.html

Steve

The new tactic is based on 107 which uses a non arrowed AMR & AML with free roles. If you have the players then I can send you the new tactic, but the difference between the original (results below) and new (results above) are minor, so looking for opinions on the build up play between the two tactics.

I would appreciate your feedback with 106 and Lyon as I only play English Leagues.

englishpremierdivisionlal7.png[/img]img

Knap - What kind of feedback do you want?

I'm in my 8th season at Lyon, using your tactic. Everything has been going great, I have won the league every season, but have only managed to get over 100pts 3 times. One thing I notice, is that sometimes the AI gets used to your tactic and I start getting a few losses and a few more draws, when I see this happen I tend to change to your quick counter 102pts tactic, and it works for a little while, then I go back to the 106pts tactic. Now, as I said, i'm in my 8th season, i have played 9 league games, winning 8 and drawing one, but the thing about this season that is different is that i'm conceeding alot more than ever before! Not really sure how to fix it, but may have to change to the quick counter tactic again.

Steve

P.S. Here is a picture of my BEST season, using your 106pts tactic:

bestseasonwj3.jpg

w1024.png

Steve

You must have a very good squad with that season dropping 3 pts and hardly conceding.

I would give the 107 tactic a try and you can change between 106 and 107.

Just about to test a minor tweak to the new tactic, so once I've run a few tests I will PM a link.

Knap - As you can see I only conceeded 11 goals all season! Amazing :)

I don't fancy using the 107pts tactic, the only reason being that is uses AML/R positions, and I much prefere the 106pts version with ML and MR's with farrows. I feel this helps defensively, and leads to less goals conceeded.

Steve

Alright, your original tactic has helped my macclesfield side promoted and to the top of league 2 after a couple of games.

When it's doing well, it does brilliantly, usually resulting in me having a clean sheet. But sometimes it just falls apart a little, especially towards the end of games and when it's a tight game.

Probably down to the poor quality of my players though.

Also when I miss the first few chances of the match I start to get worried as usually this tends to lead to me controlling the whole match but the AI will bag some stupid lucky goal or my defence will gift them a goal, usually resulting in either a loss or a draw, when usually I would be the one favoured to win.

Riziger

If you are a good team like MU then there is no need to use an anti 424, however with a weaker squad the 424 is way too effective and you need to try to close game out. Indicates that you need to improve squad so if you need some help with players let me know.

If the game decides your forwards can't hit a barn door then the chances rack up but no goals, then at end of game the AI will get a lucky goal (fluke, corner, freekick , amazing long shot, totally unmarked one on one, defender error), again may be worthwhile to try to take the draw and close out game.

The other type of game is when you go 2 down in about 5mins and you look like taking a hammering, if you change tactics from the slow 106 to quick counter, 102 you can sometimes get a draw.

hi knap!

I´m using your 107 tactic with my real madrid and i´m having succes. My strikers (Agüero, Guilherme and Robinho) are not working very well (sometimes they don´t get involve in the game and another times they make a lot of shots but they can´t score). Do you think that marking the option target man in the team instructions and selecting the in the target man box should i have better results?? Should i also put that the target man should receive the ball on the feet?? thanks

The problem is that the AI Tight mark your AMR&AML with their MR&ML, it therefore becomes difficult to open up such a defensive attitude, and long shots become the norm. The AMR &L do have free roles to open up defence but often you need to rely on getting a goal to open up the AI and game.

You can tweak the tactic to suit your team but I prefer mixed instructions to keep all options open, although increasing RWB often for a few players with ability can be useful.

Riziger

If you are a good team like MU then there is no need to use an anti 424, however with a weaker squad the 424 is way too effective and you need to try to close game out. Indicates that you need to improve squad so if you need some help with players let me know.

If the game decides your forwards can't hit a barn door then the chances rack up but no goals, then at end of game the AI will get a lucky goal (fluke, corner, freekick , amazing long shot, totally unmarked one on one, defender error), again may be worthwhile to try to take the draw and close out game.

The other type of game is when you go 2 down in about 5mins and you look like taking a hammering, if you change tactics from the slow 106 to quick counter, 102 you can sometimes get a draw.

What I'm gonna try now, is to use the 102 counter, in every away game.

I'm afraid to change to tactics at the end because almost everytime i go to the tactics screen to change the tactic, they will score.

I got in Juanito for free so that will hopefully shore up my defence a little. My key full-back has gone for 750k though, an offer I couldn't turn down.

Riziger -

Try pausing play while you change your tactics. I used to have this problem. I would be 1-0 up with 10 mins to go, I would click into tactics to go defensive and when I clicked back to the score it would be 1-1!!! doh.

I started to pause play and then make the changes, this way you cannot fail!!

Good luck dude.

Riziger

The AI tend to make their main tactic changes at

Half Time

65 minutes (Change to 102tactic)

80 minutes (Change to 102ManTactic)

So hit the pause around these times and change tactics. I also like to make subs late in game just to waste time.

Riziger

The AI tend to make their main tactic changes at

Half Time

65 minutes (Change to 102tactic)

80 minutes (Change to 102ManTactic)

So hit the pause around these times and change tactics. I also like to make subs late in game just to waste time.

Alright, I'll do that.

The 102 counter tactic i'm using is the one where it's on ultra-quick, ultra-narrow, and a pushed up d-line. Is this the right one to use?

If it is, what are the reasons you don't tick play offside? Isn't it safer to play the offside trap when your d-line is pushed up?

Thanx.

The most defensive is man mark back 4 and reduced Fwd runs for FBs.

You can tick offside but I do not find it makes much difference, and with lower quality players with no gelling may be more risky at first

Knap.

All going well at home but away is not good. I have tried using counter attack as most games I am the underdog (Eastleigh 2018 in the championship) - but just played 2 and lost both 1-0.

The last one I had 19 shots and only 2 on target, they keep getting charged down and blocked, and they always have 6 behind the ball, even when I break on the counter.

Any suggestions mate??

OK i used 106p tactic since 2008 and in the next ten years i played, the results where ibcredible.I play Rapid Bucuresti, from Romania and i won 10 championships, 7 national cups and one UEfa cup in 2016.I alsi managed to win the WC 2014 in Brazil with Uruguay...UNBELIEVABLE tactic, striker has a ratio of above 1 goal per match...

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081021172922cf3.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081021173001ne7.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081021172943jv5.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081021172211wi3.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finalauefa2016nd3.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20081020020315zh1.jpg

Guest The Coach
It is extreme, high attacking mentality, still with CB split. You can use with other tactics above, so you can change pace of game. I've had a few good results in Cup when playing teams in League above with the counter attack tactic and the SUS works well if you are under cosh, otherwise a no tweak tactic.

http://files.filefront.com/00V1107PTS4141+Totten8tac/;11782976;/fileinfo.html

Oxford have done well so should work at low levels and I have done some testing in Blue Square North, however, probably more suited to a top team.

What is the better normal version of this tactic? to use im most time of the game

Guest The Coach

Hey...my english is not very well and I can't understand wich is the best tactic for the diferents times of the game.

If KNAP can advise me which is the best normal tactic, attack tactic and defensive tactic to use during a save... I apreciatte.

I hope everyone can understand me and help...Thank You

Im currently hearts and i finished the season in 3rd behind celtic and rangers using your tactics, i also have been using wolfsongs guide to team talks do you think i should be using this with your tactic?

Im in my 2nd season now and im doing terrible, im currently 5th place and i really struggle to win away from home here is my team line up:

A Sulima

A Sorin S Cuthbert M Reynolds L Wallace

L Kingston E Jonsson S Leto

L Jimenez A Driver

W Parks

Do you know where im going wrong? Can you help? i'm using your main 4-3-2-1 tactic for mostly every home and away game

Thanks

Archived