4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ass Man for team talks.

I avoid press unless a positive benefit - turn down job offer. Make sure 1st team are happy and no problems developing. Fine players for straight red cards.

Knap I can't believe how good this tactic is :O.

This is the best tactic for fm 08 for sure .It's just unbelievable, everyone should use this tactic.

I'm playing with West Ham 1st season no transfers with this tactic just took out the corner kick cheat because i don't like it.

Here are some results:

liverpoolvwesthamformatzt8.png

arsenalvwesthamformatioub3.png

As your can see Arsenal and Liverpool were playing with their main squad no Reserves.

Once again thanks Knap for this amazing tactic.

Hi there folks,

So I downloaded and tried the tactic, and what can I say? It's brilliant. Now, the tactic I used before trying this one was Kimz and it worked so well for me. The only reason I changed from kimz tactic was I got bored of the style after a while, so I turned to this tactic as I wanted a different shape and I'm glad I did.

The first thing I noticed that it's really well balanced. I didn't score as many goals as I did in the kimz tactic but it's more defensively sound than kimz. I still score a good amount of goals and I concede very few, what more do you want!?

Here is my results, they are the ones in the red box, before that was kimz.

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fixtureshk5.png

I'd love to sit here and give a longer reply but my time constraints don't allow that but I really do recommend this tactic if you're looking for a well balanced tactic that will get you goals and concede few.

Top stuff!

Hi there,

First post although i've been lurking for a few months. :)

I couldn't not comment on this tactic, its superb! Won the Blue Square South with Bath at my first attempt, I've since started a new game with my beloved Torquay and won the Blue Square Premier with 104 points in the first season, not a massive achievement but I'm terrible at this game... this tactic seems to have teams playing like world beaters, the quality of the moves and passing are better than I thought possible at non league level.

Thank you very much for the tactic, highly recommened to any strugglers still hanging on in there :D

Onwards to league 2......

sorry but im getting mixed up with all your tactics like 106pts 107pts i have no idea what they are all really used for and at what level of playing you use them for , iwas using the 106points oxford 1 but now there is a few other tactics now im a bit lost ,please help my stupidness

JGM

I've only done a brief test below BSP, so knowing it works at this level is very helpful.

League 2 myself with Woking currently 3rd, if you need a few player recommendations let me know.

JGM

I've only done a brief test below BSP, so knowing it works at this level is very helpful.

League 2 myself with Woking currently 3rd, if you need a few player recommendations let me know.

Thanks a lot, will definately bear that in mind. Halfway through my first season in league 2 at the minute, currently top but only on goal difference, however im 10 points ahead of 4th place so its looking good for a second promotion.

The only problem I've found this year is I tend to concede a lot of last minute goals (4 or 5 i think so far) in the shut up shop formation, Ive started just using the main or counter tactics at the end of matches and it seems to have solved the problem, the higher class of player seemed to exploit my sitting back much easier.

I was RBC Rosendaal in my second season when I used your tactic, I found that it wasn't quite as I expected. I used to score and then concede a goal. Also my strikers were not that good to be fair so when they got a chance they didn't put the ball in the net.

- Found opposition attacking me/having the ball more than me

- When I scored they always got one back

- Some games I would loose 3 or 4-0

- Strikers were not scoring when they should of

So the tactic didn't work for me, I might as well add that I am now sacked and no longer have a job at RBC. But with all that being said I will use your tactic with a different team such as a team in the championship because I may get a didn't outcome.

Baring in mind the game is pretty bent for me which doesn't help either

Also I'd like to know what "kimz" means?? :)

Wijnand

No farrows in FM09 - I do have a farrowless tactic so hoping that will work.

JGM

You are doing better than I did, had a terrible start and was playing catch up all season. 1st with 10 games to go and then rested a few players, 1 bad back pass and the results went downhill. Still finished 2nd and Promotion.

The higher class of player do cause more problems, which indicates a step up in class is needed for own side.

Rhys

The tactic can only give you an edge and key is a consistant striker, unfortunately mine was injured a lot of season which caused a few problems, as my back up blew hot and cold.

I don't normally comment, but this tactic is ridiculous. It's so good. But not only that. The central defender on the right is a killer.

I played for two seasons with Lazio, scored lots of goals, had lots of wins and this guy, Christopher Samba (which I bought for 2.2M from Blackburn at the beginning), scored all his goals after corners, all the same. He was second, after Ibrahimovic, as the league top goalscorer:

sambabq2.th.jpg

Nopes not working for me, glad to see its working for other people though. Am now manager of Fulham in the championship. I'll just have to find a tactic that works with my side

I've just been stuffed by Huddlesfield town 4-0 using your tactics knap...must just be me getting bad luck with it haha

The odd thing about goals from corners is that the more you score the more the AI score. I hardly score from corners with Woking because I do not have a Samba, but the AI hardly score from corners.

Corner cheat tactic is the same as the 107pts tactic??

and what is the diffence between the 106 and 107 tactic?

and the counter attack en counter tactic (102)

Thanks

I use same set up for all tactics to compare results on a fair basis.

107 is attacking mentality with AML and AMR no farrows wigh high up pitch closing down, very aggressive. Man U beat Rangers away 3-0 with this, and with a top side that can dominate, the AI hardly have a shot. Although it works with a side like Oxford the results will not be as good as with 106pts as Oxford cannot dominate AI teams.

106 is slow and wide with ML and MR a balanced tactic.

The counter attack is push up quick and narrow probably more suited to underdog, and should work well against teams like Arsenal.

SO:............

-106 tactic is for lower and regular teams....?

-107 tactic is for good teams (like arsenal, manutd, Milan)....? home and away...?

-108 tactic is for???? regular? Superb teams? which one is better 106, 107 or 108???

-Counter attack is for away match....?

-Shut up Shop is when opp chance to 4-2-4....?

-Which tactic I use to defend a good lead?

Also a very attacking tactic to try - may work as grab a goal or if a Top Team

http://files.filefront.com/00V1104PT.../fileinfo.html

IS this the grap a goal tactic? or is this one the same as the 107 tactic?

thanks

I prefer zonal marking so use 106pts. The pts is just a general indication of potential and so I can identify the holiday save.

I would say the 106pts is most consistant for all teams, however, it's difficult finding enough time to live test variations whilst keeping a team injury free.

-107 tactic is for good teams (like arsenal, manutd, Milan)....? home and away...?

-108 tactic is for???? regular? Superb teams? which one is better 106, 107 or 108???

106 General use for all teams

107 Probably more suited to English Game rather than a team like Milan. I would recommend setting up a quick game as MU or Arsenal and see it in action.

108 I would only use this after using others so you can make a comparison

102 Counter attack – use if the match is being lost and AI all over your team, as it can change course of game. If you think you have no chance against a team much better, try this tactic.

SUS against 424 late in game. The AI can play 424 for 90mins

Carry on attacking don’t give them a chance to dominate game. If AI start to dominate then change to counter attack followed by SUS late in game.

If losing and go down to 10 then use 10 man tactic

If winning and go down to 10 then use counter attack

Finished my 5th season with Sunderland although I have a kickass team I used the improved CB tactic and never lost all season won 27 and drew 11 scored 85 conceeded 28. I signed Messi for the RW and was wondering if there was anyway to get him mroe involved he plays very well but any ideas on how to get him more goals and assists?

AcidBurn

Using the wings more is an area I've looked at without finding so far a solution.

However, with Messi I would try a free role or if you have a kickass team go for the 107pt tactic as operating in a more natural attacking role.

Quality work knap, thought I'd load up one last game of FM08, before 09 comes out, chose Cambridge City in the BSS, just played our boxing day fixture and we are now 10 points clear at the top, having only lost 1 league game so far.

All with a team with no money to spend and without changing tactics at all, even at the end of games.

Very sound defensively unlike Kimz. Seems to work best for me with a big striker up front, as we've scored a lot of our goals from headers from quality crosses from the wingers.

106 General use for all teams

107 Probably more suited to English Game rather than a team like Milan. I would recommend setting up a quick game as MU or Arsenal and see it in action.

108 I would only use this after using others so you can make a comparison

102 Counter attack – use if the match is being lost and AI all over your team, as it can change course of game. If you think you have no chance against a team much better, try this tactic.

SUS against 424 late in game. The AI can play 424 for 90mins

Carry on attacking don’t give them a chance to dominate game. If AI start to dominate then change to counter attack followed by SUS late in game.

If losing and go down to 10 then use 10 man tactic

If winning and go down to 10 then use counter attack

thanks mate, it is a brilliant tactic

I have not really found a good grab a goal and just let the tactic run to end of game. I should be able to make available a 106A tactic that may be useful.

Another variation I find useful if AI play 352 is to use long farrows.

MU won title after 33 games so Rooney works well upfront.

Thought I'd pop in with a little update.

So as I said the tactics been doing great for me as Celtic. The season before I used this I used kimz and got the Champions League final where I was defeated by Barcelone 4-2. Now, I've been using this tactic for the majority of the season and I've reached the Champions League final again. I flew through the group stage, then proceeded to knock out Milan, Man Utd and right now have just put out Barcelona with an astounding aggregate score of 8-1. That's me beating them 1-3 at Camp Nou and then 5-0 (all goals in first half) at Parkhead. Really I wanted to beat them anyway for besting me in my first CL final but the thrashing I gave them was beyond my wildest dreams lol.

As far as my domestic form goes, I've played 36, won 33, drew 3 and lost 0. Scoring 122 goals, conceding 16. So, with 2 games to go I have 102 points. Bare in mind that I have been rotating most of my squad through my league games playing youngsters and rotation players.

I'll post some screens later on tonight but if anyone wants any more info don't hesitate to ask!

Archived