4321 Tactic Oxford to Prem Title in 6 Seasons

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knap - I gotta hand it to you this tactic is pretty damn good I conceeded a few at 33 for the whole season in the league, that is 20 less than last season and I also scored around 20 less than last year but this lead me to the league title unlike last year. The football that the team played was wicked usually I never see any successful tactics with width not set to narrow but it worked on this one. This one makes use of the width and has some good fast beautiful football, seemed like the players were always available much better than any similar tactics on the forum.

Thanks for reccomending it to me in the general discussions forum. Thanks to this tactic I have taken Crewe to the premier league title next the champions league is going to be mine.

Agree its a very consistent tactic - Taken a basic QPR team with the ususal suspects (Mihelic, Stancu, Thil, Ropotan, Sirl) to 4th in the premiership in second season. Scores alot of goals and good at the back although only have average defenders (gioda, nasuti) and goalkeeper (Delgado). Cant wait to see what it does with a stronger squad. Thanks

I think this tactic is better than Kimz for me conceeded alot less goals scored fewer but with a solid defense it didnt matter too much. Although it could do with an attacking tactic when you really need a goal. I just changed the AMC barrows into Farrows when I was desperate for a goal.

Acidburn

Although the tactic is non tweak, feel free to feedback ideas that work. I've avoided tweaking during testing but have 424 tactics and use free roles etc to get back into a game, although often if you just leave tactic alone you will get a late equaliser.

Also use a manual swop position on the AMCs, as a minor tweak can grab a goal.

I let Ass Man pick team (just tweak if necessary) and often you are lucky to have a fit CB. Usually with Spurs Woodgate is on left King on right, although perhaps sweeper attributes would be useful for more defensive CB.

http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=creweda4.jpg

Knap once again I have to thank you I have never won so much and as you can see 0.7 is a good defensive record and to score 2.4 per game its obvious you are going to win but a quad with Crewe is fantastic more than I though we would get. Thanks man you really helped my season.

what a tactic this is!! been using it with Derby and so far im flying.... I love the football im playing its free flowing and lots of space around the pitch..... great work Knap ive always used Kimz tactics but AI always works out i find after a few games even with switching between the various tactics, this is solid home and away.

Knap- out of interest, when you are holiday mode testing your tactics- do you do anything with the assistant manager (like edit his settings?). Just thinking, if the assistant manager is taking control of the team- his preferences may influence the success of the tests?

Don't Panic

Oxford 1st season Lost 1 League game

Oxford 2nd Season Lost 2 League games

Oxford 3rd Season Lost 3 League games but these were 3 in a row, so just a bad patch, the rest of season went without a hitch.

Don't panic if you lose a few.

Had a touchline ban and did not notice anything strange happen in my abscence.

I do not know how valid a holiday season test is, so if a tactic fails, and many do, it may not be a reflection of the tactic. Also it cannot test Tactical sets very well although, I do run a few and look at Home and Away form.

All I can say is that certain tactics consistently hit a high points total 100+ compared to others around 90pts and below, and win the cups. These tactics appear to also do very well when playing in non holiday mode.

At the end of day there are many tactics available and this is just an indication that a tactic appears to work well

I also let Ass Man do team talks etc and I just use the current AssMan at Oxford, never looked at stats. Changed to Moniz when contract came up for renewal in Championship.

Also trying a 1st team training schedule rather than individual, as most over 24, to see if better gelling.

Although you rarely get a man sent off, I do have a 10 men tactic if anyone is interested, did rather well last time I used it.

No thats OK- obviously the real test comes when a human manager is able to select the team / tweak to match conditions, etc. But, as you say- its seems a pretty good indicator to whether something is going to work or not. And if your always using the same save game to test, at least that is constant.

The reason for the question is I have been thinking about creating some save games specifically for this purpose- and just wondered if you had tried to modify anything in yours.

Formation looks good by the way, may give it a go in my Barnet save :thup:

Had a touchline ban and did not notice anything strange happen in my abscence.

I do not know how valid a holiday season test is, so if a tactic fails, and many do, it may not be a reflection of the tactic. Also it cannot test Tactical sets very well although, I do run a few and look at Home and Away form.

All I can say is that certain tactics consistently hit a high points total 100+ compared to others around 90pts and below, and win the cups. These tactics appear to also do very well when playing in non holiday mode.

At the end of day there are many tactics available and this is just an indication that a tactic appears to work well

The team is modified for a backup squad that are as good as 1st team a few signings Fernandez Farfan etc, so a few new players to team, and a few players that can cover many positions. This avoids a tactic failing because star forward is injured for season and if there is a crazy tactic ,I have a player that can play position. Its an enhanced Spurs squad but still only 3rd per Genie Scout positional rating.

Knap am playing as Cruzeiro in brazil every game the AI plays 4 def, 2 dm, 2 cm, 2st am conceding quite a few i seen ure suggestions about changing the farrows on the wingers or changing positions any other suggestions.

Also i go a goal up any suggestions there to keep the lead. Am scoring loads just conceding a few too many great tactic thanks in advance

Ifc7

I assume the 2Cms have sarrows which is a Man City Tactic or similar to a 2DM with MR/L a tactic that Arsenal play. I have not had a problem with these although they will be marking the 2 AMCs out of game.

Is there a pattern to how the goals are being scored? If its the defensive park bus long ball game drop the DLine back to a notch above deep.

If their fullbacks are attacking you can take a defensive choice and remove farrow or attack the space with long farrows and play down both flanks.

I like the look of this tactic on the pitch knap. Am giving it a go while I try to come up with a tactic that does use some creative freedom. So far the Xtree tactic is super.

A small thing, but you could name your tactics a little more descriptively before uploading. I renamed them:

KnapXtree

KnapATT

KnapDef

KnapHold

Short names work well in the lists ;)

This tactic is really special. In my game, the winter champion Juventus was 9 points clear and my Catania side was in the 2nd place.

I thought my season was over, so heck I decided to give this a go. The result? My team stormed back, erased the 9-point deficit and won the league by 1 point!

I must say this is an awfully good tactic

A very very special tactic.... I almost went undefeated in the league twice

Lost twice whole season once and once the other season

I was managing a team from blue square north and brought it up to league two

I even manage to force a draw with a premier league team in the FA cup in the away tie

and manage to win during the home tie

EXCELLENT tactic

what can i say! i usually never go well in the UCL with PANATHINAIKOS, but first season i made the s/f!!!

and easily won the league...

KNAP i got a question. CAN I PLAY TWO MC'S INSTEAD of 2 AMC'S?

will it affect the tactic?

or can i play a mc in the AMC position

You can check positional ratings on Genie Scout but I've often played players out of position and retrained Berbatov as an AMC, depends on player. The position is a cross between AMC and MC although I usually use a AMC, from memory in Oxford game Puri is a MC and played well in the AMC position.

I currently use Dos Santos AM/FC, helps if they have a good long shot.

They have a deep defensive line and no fwd runs, they keep ball and occasionally send a probing long ball, usually down flanks for their fwds to run onto with pace.

To give yours defenders an easier time dealing with these probing balls drop your own D Line.

One way to deal with AI 424 is to add long farrows on MR/L rather than a SUS tactic. If you prefer SUS then Tight mark drop Fwd runs to rare for defensive players and time waste. You can aslo tick counter attack and increase pace to top of normal. Use this just after you score for 5mins, It should work but TBH I hardly ever tweak and find, even if they do score you will get one back.

i have tried this tactic and for the first two seasons had great success with York, 2nd in BSP, then midtable in CCL2 , however in my third season i am bottom after 12 games having only won 1, i don't really know what has happened it was all going so well

Check Club Captain interaction to see if team meeting is available – should give Morale boost if you ask for team meeting to be called re the recent run of poor form.

my parent club is Rayo vallecano.

my player quality aint to bad they are all 6 or 7 stars for my league, i have kenny lunt, john bostock(dont ask me how i got him), gavin rothery, others will be unknowners, ryan taylor, mike edwards, michael poke etc

Do you have Genie Scout to check CA PA and positional rating and club rating compared to other clubs in League.

It's more useful to have a Parent such as Arsenal.

Do you have any players on Loan, if not, then if any weak positions check the big clubs for possible loans. You probably need to improve player quality.

Check out a few player like Soley Chalwe Sabic Salomonsson Ionescu Janota Mary Baclet Goa Lin to see how they compare your own.

i wouldnt be able to loan of the big 4 as the players wouldnt come to me, im only in Coca cola League 2, i havent got genie scout, as for parent clubs, when i search i only get poor championship clubs like, stoke, barnsley, in the end the computer just automatically announced a link with rayo.

is it possible to have more than 1 parent club

Download Genie Scout from Editors Hideaway its free and very useful.

Cancel the link and retry. Good Parents are useful as free loan players long and short and some are happy to play in BSP. Loans are more useful at this level as in higher Leagues you want your own players to be good and developed. If not offer about 70% and try for players in reserves or under 18s, use a normal scout if you do not wish to use Genie.

You should try to buy players that are quality to at least win the League above, build for the future as much as possible although sometimes you need to bring in older quality.

If you praise a transfer target player in press it may help them decide to accept an offer in the future.

Save it to Desktop, may need to unzip, then just load up a saved game. Gives you all the information you need on players. However search for your club and other clubs in Division and check rating. If you have a weak squad you may need a damage limitation tactic until you can bring in players. With no money a good parent is key free loans for season.

If I get time I will try setting up a quick counter attack tactic, just in case you need one, although the original tactic should work even with a weak squad.

Having read this thread I downloaded the tactic and was hopeful...

But this is really not working well with me.

My record so far is won 6, drawn 3, lost 2. Scored 35, conceeded 17.

I think 11 games is enough to fully assess a tactic.

Just as background I should say that I am Portsmouth in Season Two. Last season I used my own 'cobbled together tactic' made to taylor my side, mask its problems and accentuate its pluses. I came 3rd in the Prem, and as I sold off a lot of high earners I was given a very healthy transfer budget and have heavily enhanced the team. Won my first two games of the season (with old tactic) but I like to change tactics every season so liking what I saw of your tactic I downloaded it. Ooops...

The Team...

----------Lloris--------------

Diarra----Fazio---Sakho-----Bale

S.Kalou----Andreasen--D'Agostino

---------Banega---Jimenez------

--------------Goitom------------

It's a good team, I have decent reserves. But it is just not working.

So I have to give it the thumbs down I'm afraid mate! :(

Archived