[Guide] Adding Downloaded Graphics & Skins (PC & Mac) + video tutorial

radestock

I need help with skins, I created a 'skins' folder in my steam/commonapps/WSM/Data folder, put my desired skin in there, but it then proceeded to kill my game, it wouldnt start to run, just showed a black screen at start up, what am I doing wrong?

Don't stuff to that folder - you need to add the skins folder to your User Data folder, which by default will be in your My Documents Folder - \Documents\Sports Interactive\WWSM09\

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

Not sure if i'm doing this wrong or not but i have moved a skin folder i downloaded into the skin folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Skins - however in the display & sound tab in prefrences i have unticked use skin cache and ticked Always reload skin on confirm but it still is set on the default skin. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

I'm trying to install balls. In FM08 I had no problem, but I can't make it work in FM09. So I have the pitch/balls folders in graphics as per instructions, unticked use skin cache. I'm using the default skin, it's there anything I have to do with the skin? I assumed not. The skin folder in My Documents is empty. Also, with the balls there was a .tst file: is it needed? Should it be modified?

I'm trying to install balls. In FM08 I had no problem, but I can't make it work in FM09. So I have the pitch/balls folders in graphics as per instructions, unticked use skin cache. I'm using the default skin, it's there anything I have to do with the skin? I assumed not. The skin folder in My Documents is empty. Also, with the balls there was a .tst file: is it needed? Should it be modified?

I couldn't get balls onto my 08... :(

Just installing 7-zip now.

hi there a bit of help and i was directed here for help.

I have someone who has made me a kit etc but he has no idea what tio do next etc as to save it or what needs done to make it work for the game,can someone please help with instructions but we cant find what to do

thanks

Instruccions are at the beginning of this thread. You need to create a folder called graphics (if you haven't yet) in My documents/username/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 09. In graphics create a folder named kits, you download your kit there. You need to have a config.xml file in the same folder you have your kits. The file links the kits to the team through the team ID number. If your download comes without the config.xml file, I can tell you how you can create your own. Let me know.

garate as far as im aware hes made the kit and thats it,i dont think he knows about confi files and xml files.and neither do i mate?

i have the graphics folder and ill create a kits folder when i get home but how do i get the config xml thing u said in there and what do i do to get that?

garate as far as im aware hes made the kit and thats it,i dont think he knows about confi files and xml files.and neither do i mate?

i have the graphics folder and ill create a kits folder when i get home but how do i get the config xml thing u said in there and what do i do to get that?

For the config.xml, open a new document with your notepad program (you'll find it in Accessories if you use XP) and paste the following:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="name of away kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxx/kits/away"/>

<record from="name of home kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxxx/kits/home"/>

<record from="name of third kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxxx/kits/third"/>

</list>

</record>

You need to replace where I wrote "name of kit" with the exact name of the file with the kits image (btw, images should be in png format -hopefully your friend made it this way), keep the quote marks though. Replace the xxxx for the team ID number. In order to fin ID numbers go to preferences in the game and tick the box "show personal ids" in the Video and Sound menu, when you go back to the game, you'll find a number on top when you go to the team window (same for players, etc. if you were to make a facepack). Once you have this information, save your notepad document as config.xml (you have to write .xml, don't forget, and deselect txt in the options, change for All Files -otherwise, you'll be saving it as a text document and the commands will not work). Remember that this file goes into the same folder you have your kits. If you have more kits, copy and paste new lines, replacing the id numbers and image name.

I hope it works. You may want to download some other kit first that will have the config.xml already included (downloads come with it) so you get a better idea.

I need help with skins, I created a 'skins' folder in my steam/commonapps/WSM/Data folder, put my desired skin in there, but it then proceeded to kill my game, it wouldnt start to run, just showed a black screen at start up, what am I doing wrong?
I put them in there but their not showing up in the skin selection menu.

Have you definitely put them in "My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football manager 2009\skins" and not in "steam/commonapps/WSM/Data folder" as you said above?

error.jpg

how can i fix this what have i done wrong

Email me the config file and I will have a look. My email address is in my profile. :thup:

this is my config for some kits which i have made and they don't seem to be loading can anyone help me thanks in advance

<record>

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<!-- picture mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by HMan -->

<record from="oxford away" to="graphics/pictures/team/695/kits/away"/>

<record from="oxford home" to="graphics/pictures/team/695/kits/home"/>

</list>

</record>

Right, I don't quite get this:

'***Updated for FM2009 - Will add info on new items such as pitch adverts in due course.***'

Surely due course is the release of the game which is now so why is there no guide up? Can't you give an indication of when it is going to be released as 'due course' doesn't seem to clarify, or mean, anything at all in the given context.

For the config.xml, open a new document with your notepad program (you'll find it in Accessories if you use XP) and paste the following:

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="name of away kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxx/kits/away"/>

<record from="name of home kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxxx/kits/home"/>

<record from="name of third kit" to="graphics/pictures/team/xxxxx/kits/third"/>

</list>

</record>

You need to replace where I wrote "name of kit" with the exact name of the file with the kits image (btw, images should be in png format -hopefully your friend made it this way), keep the quote marks though. Replace the xxxx for the team ID number. In order to fin ID numbers go to preferences in the game and tick the box "show personal ids" in the Video and Sound menu, when you go back to the game, you'll find a number on top when you go to the team window (same for players, etc. if you were to make a facepack). Once you have this information, save your notepad document as config.xml (you have to write .xml, don't forget, and deselect txt in the options, change for All Files -otherwise, you'll be saving it as a text document and the commands will not work). Remember that this file goes into the same folder you have your kits. If you have more kits, copy and paste new lines, replacing the id numbers and image name.

I hope it works. You may want to download some other kit first that will have the config.xml already included (downloads come with it) so you get a better idea.

Hi Garate,

Any suggestions to replace the shadow behind the team logo on the left top corner? I created my own team so the shadow came out with my initial design. I replaced the team logo with a created team logo but the shadow is still showing the initial one. Though it is not unplayable I would like to make them match. Any ideas? Cheers

Hi Garate,

Any suggestions to replace the shadow behind the team logo on the left top corner? I created my own team so the shadow came out with my initial design. I replaced the team logo with a created team logo but the shadow is still showing the initial one. Though it is not unplayable I would like to make them match. Any ideas? Cheers

You also need to create a background left and right logo for you team. There's a guide here

this is my config for some kits which i have made and they don't seem to be loading can anyone help me thanks in advance

anyone ??

<record>

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<!-- picture mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by HMan -->

<record from="oxford away" to="graphics/pictures/team/695/kits/away"/>

<record from="oxford home" to="graphics/pictures/team/695/kits/home"/>

</list>

</record>

can anyone help me ??

Right, I don't quite get this:

'***Updated for FM2009 - Will add info on new items such as pitch adverts in due course.***'

Surely due course is the release of the game which is now so why is there no guide up? Can't you give an indication of when it is going to be released as 'due course' doesn't seem to clarify, or mean, anything at all in the given context.

Due course means when these new additions are understood enough to create a guide and a guide is written.

I don't work for SI, I never had contact with the game until the demo was released and didn't have access to the game files until the game itself was released because the old extractor tool didn't work. To top that off the Ad server that transmits ads over the internet has yet to be enabled (last time I checked) so I would be unable to test if that has any effect. To write a guide I need to be sure of what I am writing.

hey radestock dude i think i have found a way to get new goalkeeper textures in but i need some help

in the graphics fmf i have found some goalkeeper textures in graphics/pictures/kits/2d/goalkeepers/back these i figure are the textures for 2d like tactics screen etc.

there is another folder graphics/pictures/kits/goalkeeper/back but this doesnt have any textures in it. maybe if a club 3d texture was added with a goalie design it will show up, dont know yet.

reason being is the config files for them

how would i change the config to allow say "huddersfield" id 664 to show in game using for example kitstyle 17

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->
   -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home/kitstyle/33"/>

<record from="0" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away"/>
       <record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/1"/>
       <record from="2" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/2"/>
       <record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/3"/>
       <record from="4" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/4"/>
       <record from="5" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/5"/>
       <record from="6" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/6"/>
       <record from="7" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/7"/>
       <record from="8" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/8"/>
       <record from="9" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/9"/>
       <record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/10"/>
       <record from="11" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/11"/>
       <record from="12" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/12"/>
       <record from="13" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/13"/>
       <record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/14"/>
       <record from="15" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/15"/>
       <record from="16" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/16"/>
       <record from="17" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/17"/>
       <record from="18" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/18"/>
       <record from="19" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/19"/>
       <record from="20" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/20"/>
       <record from="21" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/21"/>
       <record from="22" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/22"/>
       <record from="23" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/23"/>
       <record from="24" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/24"/>
       <record from="25" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/25"/>
       <record from="26" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/26"/>
       <record from="27" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/27"/>
       <record from="28" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/28"/>
       <record from="29" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/29"/>
       <record from="30" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/30"/>
       <record from="31" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/31"/>
       <record from="32" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/32"/>
       <record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/nation/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/away/kitstyle/33"/>

</list>

</record>

Goalkeeper textures in what sense? 3D kits? The above will have nothing to do with that. It'll be a 3D texture as with the regular kits.

There is no need to have 2D style goalie kits because they don't actually display anywhere. The only one that does is the one on the tactics screen as you said and that's a back image.

Arrrghhhh!!!

The new skins download never comes up in preferences\display and sound option.

I have read all of this but I cant find a solution. I have downloaded the Flex skin, created a new folder, and extracted all files out to skins.

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\flex09\flex09.xml

Wot is going wrong!!

Arrrghhhh!!!

The new skins download never comes up in preferences\display and sound option.

I have read all of this but I cant find a solution. I have downloaded the Flex skin, created a new folder, and extracted all files out to skins.

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\flex09\flex09.xml

Wot is going wrong!!

You have put the skins in the wrong place. They should go in: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins. :thup:

any advice for an absolute noob who wants to put skins and kits etc in to my game, e.g where do i download them and what folder do i need to put them in and anything else i need 2 do ?

Try www.sortitoutsi.net to get them from.

Just follow the opening post of this thread of how to put them in. :thup:

Let me know if you want any more help. :D

My kits have been placed in right folder, and the correctly ticked and unticked boxes...

However, the ones i'm trying to place in the game are working on the teams that have no kits currently, but failing to over-write the teams which have one. For example, Luton Town have their FM2009 kit, but the ones in my folder are failing to overwrite these?

Can anyone help quickly please? :-(

My kits have been placed in right folder, and the correctly ticked and unticked boxes...

However, the ones i'm trying to place in the game are working on the teams that have no kits currently, but failing to over-write the teams which have one. For example, Luton Town have their FM2009 kit, but the ones in my folder are failing to overwrite these?

Can anyone help quickly please? :-(

Have you done a config file for the kit(s) that you are wishing to put in the game? If not there is some help on this thread to help you do so.

After downloading files and putting them into my game everything was working fine apart from I couldnt see my kits, after a few beers I thought I knew what I was doing so I started to muck about with the folders and i completly F'ed it up. I was cutting, pasting and copying folders everywhere. Complete mess. The best thing I thought would be to uninstall and re-install.

Now when I go to documents > sports interactive > I have have no football manager 09 folder.

The only way I can open the folders is by going into the programe files > sports interactive > FM09. I was wanting to put a face pack so created a graphics folder and extracted the files to the folder and hey presto it works but I cannot get it to work with logo etc, when I extract using WinRar I am getting an error message during the extract.

Could somebody please advise me how I could get my Football Manager 09 file/folders back into my documents folder and how I can fix this error message.

I am using windows Vista

Thanks in advance

Mark

The guide tells you the correct place to put things. No one is going to tell you something different. You've obviously not followed the instructions properly or misread a step. Try following them again to a tee. If you take your time and follow them exactly then they work.

I have downloaded the flex skin (im using vista) and put it in documents/football manager 2009/skins/ but when i go to the game, the skin does not show up in the drop down menu in preference. I tried unticking use skin cache and ticking reload skin on confirm but it deosnt show up. All it does is change the fonts green. I have also downloaded some facepacks but they dont show up either. I placed them in documents/football manager 2009 graphics/players/pictures. Did i do something wrong?

Morning guys,

I have added the Steklo skin and it is in the right place as it appears on my list - I have unticked 'use skin cache' and ticked the other box. My screen has been stuck on the 'loading image data for 10 minutes' - what is going on?

Thanks for any help.

ive got this now

55706009yr8.jpg

You need to put the three files (folders flex09, flex09_r and the config.xml file) directly into the skins folder, not inside the flex09v1.1.fmf folder

So you'd have:

Nick -> Documents -> SI -> FM09 -> skins -> flex09

Nick -> Documents -> SI -> FM09 -> skins -> flex09_r

Nick -> Documents -> SI -> FM09 -> skins -> config.xml

Like this:

shotlb3.jpg

Archived