[Guide] Adding Downloaded Graphics & Skins (PC & Mac) + video tutorial

radestock

Make sure you have unzipped the skins correctly - so you have glenblunden/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/skins/skin_name/skin_name.xml for example. NOT glenblunden/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/skins/skin_name/skin_name/skin_name.xml

Make sure your User Data folder in FM09 preferences menu reads: glenblunden/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/

NOT glenblunden/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/skins

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the original logos came with the game (such as the licensed Spanish ones) then there wouldn't be any problem with adding new/extra Spanish logos, the ones that you add into the My Documents folder would appear before the original ones (so if you download a new Real Madrid logo, the one you download would appear instead of the one that came with the game and if you downloaded a back that didn't include the Barcelona logo, the Barcelona logo that came with the game would still show).

If you are adding extra logos/face packs to ones you have already downloaded the game would show one or the other (say you downloaded an english premiership facepack and then downloaded a man utd facepack - the game would either display the man utd faces from the man utd pack or the man utd faces from the premiership pack).

• 2 weeks later...

I need a bit of advice, thought I'd ask it here rather than making a new thread,

My logo's which have been downloaded from another FM site (i'm sure they're 09 by the way), aren't lining up in the league menu's etc,

If you mean the small logos that display on the league table, then it means the pack you downloaded was for FM08 or wasn't converted correctly for FM09 as the dimensions of the small logos changed for FM09.

If you have a graphics program you can resize the logos that don't fit to 25x18 pixels so they are the right size for FM09 rather than downloading a new pack.

Hi,

I just installed Fm09 the full game on my MAC OSX and then I extracted the graphics on the appropriate folder but they don't appear on the game. However on FM08 which I had on my PC the same graphics appear. I installed them on applications/fm09/sgfx/graphics

Do I have to install them on documents/fm09? I ask becasue I installed the game on applications...

Thanks so much

Follow the guide exactly, it shows the correct folder location for Mac. You can always check your user data folder's location in game preferences too.

If you're having problems make sure you've followed every step of the guide, ticking and unticking the right boxes etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Follow the guide exactly, it shows the correct folder location for Mac. You can always check your user data folder's location in game preferences too.

If you're having problems make sure you've followed every step of the guide, ticking and unticking the right boxes etc.

Thanks...the ticking and unticking was the problem!

• 2 weeks later...

i have downloaded klasa however it automatically coming up as a paint file i take it that means it wont work as i cant extract anything or do i just drag it into sportsinteractive/footballmanager/skins?

• 4 weeks later...

First of all - thank you so much for such a great post. I'm not great with PCs so this step by step guide is awesome.

However.... Desptie following your steps for Skins I still can't seem to get the Stelko to load. I do everything and then the game crashes on the pop up that comes up:

LOADING IMAGE DATA FOR NEW SKIN

Then I have to force quit the game and try again.

This is my path:

C:\Documents and Settings\127000407\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009\skins\steklo_09_left

And within that last folder I have a .xml file called Steklo_09_left and a folder called other folders with graphics and panels within it.

Any idea where I am going wrong? I have not downloaded any new patches. I'm playing from the original game. Could this be the issue?

First of all - thank you so much for such a great post. I'm not great with PCs so this step by step guide is awesome.

However.... Desptie following your steps for Skins I still can't seem to get the Stelko to load. I do everything and then the game crashes on the pop up that comes up:

LOADING IMAGE DATA FOR NEW SKIN

Then I have to force quit the game and try again.

This is my path:

C:\Documents and Settings\127000407\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009\skins\steklo_09_left

And within that last folder I have a .xml file called Steklo_09_left and a folder called other folders with graphics and panels within it.

Any idea where I am going wrong? I have not downloaded any new patches. I'm playing from the original game. Could this be the issue?

The contents of the steklo_09_left folder should look something like this:

examplert6.jpg

If the xml file is called Steklo_09_left.xml it may just need renaming to steklo_09_left.xml

Hi, I have downloaded logos for premier league clubs.

I created a folder in FM09 called Graphics.

I unzipped the logos folder in Graphics.

Then I checked to see the pics of the logos were in the folder as I had hoped.

I unticked use skin cache and ticked the other one to do with confirm, but the logos haven't appeared :confused:

Help is much appreciated as I would like to downlaod other graphics in future for the game too. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
Balls for the 3D view go into this folder: Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\ball - Ensure you back up the original files before overwriting them.

I use steam so it's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\ball

I'm not using a skin btw.

I've put all the 3d balls in that folder, but still no luck. I noticed in that folder you have ball_shader, orange_ball_shader, ball_shader.dds, orange_ball_shader dds, and some other files. Now all the 3d balls I've downloaded only have loads of balls .png, and thumbs. Is this my problem, or do I have to change anything?

If the balls are a load of png files called ball_XX then they are for the 2D pitch not the 3D one.

If you want to use those balls on the 2D pitch you'll need to create a new skin and follow the instructions in this thread

If you want to replace the ball on the 3D pitch, you'll need to download a set with the correct files in.

• 9 months later...

This is well out of date. Please follow the guide in the stickies at the top of the forum. It tells you everything step-by-step, including where to put stuff.

EDIT: If you're using FM09 it's the same location as Vista.

This is well out of date. Please follow the guide in the stickies at the top of the forum. It tells you everything step-by-step, including where to put stuff.

EDIT: If you're using FM09 it's the same location as Vista.

Hello,

That's the thing, I did follow the stickies, hence I ended up here!

"How do I add my downloaded graphics and skins to the game?

If you have downloaded graphics or skins made by other people then it should just be a case of following The FM 2010 Graphics & Skin Installation Guide

The same instructions apply regardless of whether you are using Steam or the boxed version.

If you are still using FM2009 then THIS GUIDE is what you need. "

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have a question to ask. Presently I have not yet downloaded any kits yet but I have downloaded the megapack and metallic pack. So my folder arrangement looks like this presently:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos\Metallic logos FM10

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players\MEGAPACK 2.0

Within the pictures folder, there are two sub sections called logos and players.

I am planning to download the Japanese league which contains kits, logos and faces. So the question is, where should I place these files which are not part of the Metallic logos or Megapack 2.0 files. I am afraid to mix the config files that comes with the Japanese files.. Should I rename the Japanese logos, kits and face cuts to Japanese players, Japanese logos and Japanese kits? So should my folder now look like this:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos\Japanese logos

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players\Japanese players

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\kits\Japanese kits.

Should this be the format? Please help as I don't want to mess up the Megapack and Metallic logos config files! I took a long time to download these!

Cheers! :thup:

Archived