[Guide] Adding Downloaded Graphics & Skins (PC & Mac) + video tutorial

radestock

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its not in there mate

were would i fint that folder??? or file sorry???

You need to create it yourself.

Could you give me the link of where you downloaded those badges as virtually all come with a config file so it is strange it did not.

i dont think they downloaded properley anyways mate so i will look for new ones

so all i need to do is put them in the graphics folder i created in My documents / sports interactive / football manager making sure they come with that file??

but how will it knw to attached the said badges to each individualtem do i do that or soes it do it???

Yeah, try downloading different ones and let me know how you get on.

The config.xml file attaches the badges to each individual item and that is why if that is not there then it will not work.

Anyway, post back and let me know if you get it working. :)

I've downloaded the Flex skin for 2009 and its in the proper Skins folder (my username/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Skins/) and yet it's not available for selection in the Preferences/Display & Sound menu.

Yet the three skins that come with 2009 (2008, 2009 and 2009 Right) ARE there - and yet they're not in the Skins folder.

Can anyone tell me how to get Flex available for selection?

I have installed FM09, but there are no pictures of players loaded into the game?

Am i missing something, as player pictures were included on demo?

Cheers

Have you enabled it in preferences?

Yeah, tried all that, it's still not there.

And now somehow I've managed to change the colour of the players' stats and they won't change back no matter which of the 2009 skins I choose.

The Flex skin is not in a folder within another Flex folder is it?

Also is the user data path correct in preferences?

Have you enabled it in preferences?

The Flex skin is not in a folder within another Flex folder is it?

Also is the user data path correct in preferences?

The data path is correct (C:/Users/mudweiser/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/)

And the Flex skin is in C:/Users/mudweiser/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/flex/

In there is the fonts, graphics, panels and settings folders and flex mxl.

The data path is correct (C:/Users/mudweiser/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/)

And the Flex skin is in C:/Users/mudweiser/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/flex/

In there is the fonts, graphics, panels and settings folders and flex mxl.

Make sure your flex.xml is not in C:/Users/mudweiser/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/flex/flex/flex.xml

Or maybe this skin is for the defualt version so open flex.xml and change

<string id="required_version" value="9.0.0" /> for

<string id="required_version" value="9.1.0" />

According to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=52448 Flex hasn't been made yet for FM2009. Therefore I'd say it's probably the old FM08 one so it's not going to work with FM09.

V1adimir - The way those work is that if it was 9.0.0 then the skin would work on ANY 9.x.x version. Changing it to 9.1.0 wouldn't make a difference (even though that's not the issue here).

Okay -quick question (with hopefully an easy answer!) I am trying to add facepacks and have managed to do so but am wondering if there is anyway to make the picture sit to the right of the box it is in and not just off centre? Hope that makes sense!

I am having trouble getting the badges to work. You guys keep saying create a graphics folder in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 and then drag the files in there but this doesnt seem to work. In this path there only seems to be the Uninstall Football Manager folder. Should I not be putting it somewhere in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\sigfx\graphics - as this seems to be where all the game data is?

Please help!

I am having trouble getting the badges to work. You guys keep saying create a graphics folder in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 and then drag the files in there but this doesnt seem to work. In this path there only seems to be the Uninstall Football Manager folder. Should I not be putting it somewhere in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\sigfx\graphics - as this seems to be where all the game data is?

Please help!

i have worked this out on my own, do not make a graphics folder, just extract them to the data folder in their own sub folder and they work perfectly

i have worked this out on my own, do not make a graphics folder, just extract them to the data folder in their own sub folder and they work perfectly

have u just extracted to data folder? and it works?

yeah, no probs and its a lot quicker!!!

That will work but I can't see how it will work quicker. And the disadvantage of this is that if you need to reinstall the game for whatever reason you will lose that folder. If you put them in the FM2009 area in My Documents you won't as that is where all custom content should go.

Please help!

The graphics folder should go in neither of those locations. It should go in: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009. Let me know if you get it working now. :thup:

OK THE LOGO IN THAT DIRECTORY AND I CALL THE XML TO THAT FILE HOW??? I KNOW YOU ARE DOING A FAVOR BY HELPING US BUT WE NEED COMPLETE INFORMATION...

whats the record line for logos??

<record from="fabiano" to="graphics/pictures/person/19030218/portrait"/> these are for players

whats for the logo?

Ok you dont explain what DIRECTORIES the files need to be in after graphics... and how to create the config files... how is this possible?!?!? What are the name of the files?
OK THE LOGO IN THAT DIRECTORY AND I CALL THE XML TO THAT FILE HOW??? I KNOW YOU ARE DOING A FAVOR BY HELPING US BUT WE NEED COMPLETE INFORMATION...

whats the record line for logos??

<record from="fabiano" to="graphics/pictures/person/19030218/portrait"/> these are for players

whats for the logo?

This guide is only for adding the graphics to the game, not creating them. That is why it does not explain how to create config files.

It does not matter what folder your files are in after graphics folder. You can organise them if you like but it has no affect on the game.

Also, please don't post in caps. Thanks. :)

Can anyone help me with the kits to the german league. I have created a folder and the xml file is correct but some of the kits keep stay in the origial colors. I dont have trouble with "ghost" kits i the bagground. But I cant get rid og the original kits in ss08 style.. ex. Schalke their away kit is in original colors and cant get the ss08 kit to be shown. If i alter the xml file I can get the away shirt to be shown as third or home kit.. Can anyone help me????:confused:

ive downloaded russian prem league stadium backgrounds. every time a go on to a clubs mainscreen it shows the stadium in the background BRILL. but when i go to my own club team or any other team for that matter it still shows the cska stadium backround stadium on every other screen ive tried putting it in my documents sports interactive folder etc, and in the steam fm2009 folder etc

if any one can help that would be great ch

Can anyone help me with the kits to the german league. I have created a folder and the xml file is correct but some of the kits keep stay in the origial colors. I dont have trouble with "ghost" kits i the bagground. But I cant get rid og the original kits in ss08 style.. ex. Schalke their away kit is in original colors and cant get the ss08 kit to be shown. If i alter the xml file I can get the away shirt to be shown as third or home kit.. Can anyone help me????

any help please!

i've downloaded some kitpacks and put them in the right folder 'my documents, etc' but its a bit of a wierd problem!

for example i have all 3 kits in the file for torino, but only the home one shows up in game. i have no idea why the other two don't show up! Look!

torino2al7.th.png

i've followed all the steps mentioned i.e. skin cache, etc. and i've used the kit panel.xml file. i think its just the torino away and third kits which arent showing.

anyone help me please!!!

I've seen a post where someone has created a basic template for the 3d kits on the information screen which also display on the 3d match screen. My question is this:

Does anyone know the syntax for the xml file and what we can change - like Man Utd changing the colour of their shorts between black and white depending on the opposition colours.

any help please!

i've downloaded some kitpacks and put them in the right folder 'my documents, etc' but its a bit of a wierd problem!

for example i have all 3 kits in the file for torino, but only the home one shows up in game. i have no idea why the other two don't show up! [...]

i've followed all the steps mentioned i.e. skin cache, etc. and i've used the kit panel.xml file. i think its just the torino away and third kits which arent showing.

anyone help me please!!!

The game is bugged this time much more than a year ago in FM 08... this problem applies to Portmouth, BVB, Hannover, Schalke, West Brom, Torino, Spain, England, Israel, Holland and many more (I gave up to check all).

This has to be solved, because there is a temporary solution.... edit the kits in pregame editor, just change blue to blue, or switch a kit to another type and revert it. Then start up a new game using this database. No matter which kits did not work before, and no matter what kits you edit in an editor, all the kits will then work (in a new game). You can compare it with a saved game (if you have one).

Archived