Will the flex skin on 08 work with 09?

JR866Gunner

FM08 skins will not work properly on FM09. As with every new version there are too many differences.

It's best to use a skin specifically designed for FM09 too. Conversions tend to be hatchet jobs. For instance there were a few skins this year 'converted' (not by the original authors I might say) where a certain button didn't get displayed so users couldn't start a match.

please do. awesome skin. cant stand the new one. why an earth SI Games dont ship the game with an alternative i'll never know.

hear hear - the 'white' skin is possibly the worst skin there's ever been - and guess what, it's still in 09.

surprised in view of how many people didnt like it that it remained - why not have the 06 / 07 origninal skin -

0/10 again for the skin - i'll not play the game until radestock or a.n.other genius manages to crack something better.

hear hear - the 'white' skin is possibly the worst skin there's ever been - and guess what, it's still in 09.

surprised in view of how many people didnt like it that it remained - why not have the 06 / 07 origninal skin -

0/10 again for the skin - i'll not play the game until radestock or a.n.other genius manages to crack something better.

when will the new flex skin be ready by???

FM08 skins will not work properly on FM09. As with every new version there are too many differences.

It's best to use a skin specifically designed for FM09 too. Conversions tend to be hatchet jobs. For instance there were a few skins this year 'converted' (not by the original authors I might say) where a certain button didn't get displayed so users couldn't start a match.

FWIW, I just version-changed my personal (will never be released) FM08 skin and have had no problems yet with the demo...

Sorry if this question is dumb or in the wrong place, but is there any chance that the skysports skin that was on fm05 will be on fm09.....Ive never made the skins, might give it a try but if i remember correctly this skin was so technical, i loved it, and it has never re-emerged since, which is really sad. So if anyone intends to remodel this for the new fm, then please let me know. thx

• SI Staff

I wouldn't recommend trying to use skins for FM 2008 with FM 2009 as you could experience problems depending on the complexity of the skin.

It should be fairly easy for skin creators to update their skins for FM 2009 though :)

No offence SI, but the skin for 09 is terrible, as it was for 08. Grey, dull and boring like the british weather. ; )

I used the Flex skin for 08 and will most certainly use the one for 09 if it's made.

My hat's off for the skin creators around here. You make our gaming experience a lot more enjoyable. Can't thank you guys enough!

I am still planning to make it again, because I'd quite like to use it myself ;) I've just got a bit preoccupied with editing the pitch seeing as I disliked the original textures quite a lot

the pitch is sweet. the flex, ooh the flex, is my main purpose for going in the holy trinity of forums every 5 games.

si, fmg & sortitoutsi. :)

I am still planning to make it again, because I'd quite like to use it myself ;) I've just got a bit preoccupied with editing the pitch seeing as I disliked the original textures quite a lot

If I may give you my suggestion, see if you can adapt the 08 to the 09 version and leave the more complex parts for a V2.

I speak for myself but I bet a lot of other Flex skin fans think the same: what we especially like is how it looks on the player selection screens, Home, etc, etc. The actual match looks are not as important.

And finally, as others have said: many, many thanks for the Flex skin. The game becomes much, much better as the default skin is really bad

Archived