FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

downloaded the demo last night

starting a test lfc game before delving into it properly in a few weeks

decided i needed another striker and signed crespo. hired hierro as a dof and so far he's sold downing for 9m, doni and is trying to sell cole at the moment.

i thought i'd let him try and sign players but so far he's tried to sign gomes and dosenna (still got myself as having the final say)

played the two european games against vitesse arnhem. Won 3-1 both times. Suarez x2 and crespo in the away leg and Sahin,Cole and Yesil in the 2nd leg when i played an experimental side.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread :) I've downloaded the demo but won't be getting the game on release day for the first times in ages, may get it for Christmas, loving the whole new layout of the game though, has really freshened it up, the 3d is amazing aswell

Had a quick play around with the demo. Never really try much with it, just getting used to the new layout.

I know I'll be making a few small changes to a couple of players. Suso, shelvey and wisdom will all be getting a small boost on accel as they are very low for all 3.

Looking forward to getting the full game Friday,

Couple of weeks into pre-season and Chavski offered 7.5 for Martin Kelly...thoughts? I've negotiated for 10 + 50% sell on which I cant see them going for!

*since come back with 9?

Got the same on the demo, would sell in the full game due to his injury prone stat and wisdom should be able to step up

Urgh. Finding consistency difficult to come by. Granted, still working on trying to get a decent set of tactics to work. But FM, early doors, doesn't feel as fun as it used to be =\
Same here using my old ones which ive always had success with

Selling Downing for 4m up front and 8 over 48months. Doni gone for 1.5, Drenthe on free, Dzageov coming in January - Glen J out for 3 months! hammer blow
Wont be getting Dzageov in the full version hes contact has been updated unless you want to wait 5 years into your save

Same here using my old ones which ive always had success with

I've attempted using my FM12 tactics, just cannot get the team playing anything successful. Forwards not scoring. Midfielders not controlling game. Defenders far too scared to put a foot in. Combined just adds up to a boring time. Maybe I'm just over complicating things. ME don't help though.

is wide formation the way to go for FM13? I am playing a very narrow formation, 3 CM, 2 AM, 1 Striker, and I manage 60+% possession for most games, with more attempts on goal, but end up on the losing side. I am about to get sacked for the 2nd time now.

FYI I bought Jovetic at the start, around 16 mio and he's awesome

Couple of weeks into pre-season and Chavski offered 7.5 for Martin Kelly...thoughts? I've negotiated for 10 + 50% sell on which I cant see them going for!

*since come back with 9?

you should not sell him. in my second season now. kelly's average rating is 7.2. he's worth 11million and 4 stars as well. you should keep some english players around as carragher would have to leave by the end of the second season. at least you would hit the quota if you are playing in the champions league. i brought in carlos fierro for 9mill. 5 star PA and scoring goals for fun for my liverpool team. brought in chamberlain (15mill) for the future to replace the old gerrard.

you should not sell him. in my second season now. kelly's average rating is 7.2. he's worth 11million and 4 stars as well. you should keep some english players around as carragher would have to leave by the end of the second season. at least you would hit the quota if you are playing in the champions league. i brought in carlos fierro for 9mill. 5 star PA and scoring goals for fun for my liverpool team. brought in chamberlain (15mill) for the future to replace the old gerrard.

Johnson out for 3 months so no chance of that now annyway :/

Season 1 : September Update

News

Not the best month. The international break brought a few injuries. Lucas is back in the first team and Agger is close. Gerrard's striker training is going good. By December I expect to have a full strength team.

Transfers

Window is closed.

Matches

03.Sep.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

Stoke were their usual selves. Had lots of possession but they fouled a lot. Hit the bar once and Enrique got injured. Out for 2-3 months.

16.Sep.2012 -[A]
[PRM]

Let the lead slip because I wanted to give some of the squad some playing time. Should be more careful in the future.

20.Sep.2012 -[H]
[EL]

The EL group is easy so all games should be like this. Downing missed a pen. Must remember to set up set piece takers better.

23.Sep.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

A much needed win. Assaidi continues his good form. Borini got injured early in the game, but fortunately it's only for a couple of games. Still not scoring as much as I should.

26.Sep.2012 -[A]
[C1C]

Late defending costs us the victory again. On the other hand, this early exist from an unimportant competition will help with fitness later on. Yessil got his first goal first the club too.

29.Sep.2012 -[A]
[PRM]

Didn't expect much from this game, and had of shortage of CBs because of injury on international duty and fatigue from the West Brom game. Could have stolen a point with some better finishing.

League Table [table]

Still early but we should be doing better.

Andy Carroll Watch [stats]

Improved a little. 1 goal and 2 assists for 2nd to last West Ham is decent in my opinion.

Was struggling so restarted in order to get some better transfers in the first window.

Out:

Suarez - £30mil to Arsenal (I had trouble getting him to do much, 6.5 avg when other people would perform better)

Johnson - £20mil to Chelsea

Downing - £10mil to Fulham

Doni - £1.2mil to City

Cole - Loan to Swansea, they pay 50% of his wages and £50k p/m (couldnt give the idiot away)

In:

Jovetic - £16.5mil

Nainggolan - £11mil

Alderweireld - £11mil

Kweuke - £3.2mil

Wellington Nem - £3.5mil

Paloschi - £3.2mil (coming next summer)

Dzagoev - Free

Hoping I can get somebody to take Henderson on loan as his wages are stupid. Want to keep him incase he improves though. Current wage bill (inc Henderson) sits at less than £1.3mil at the moment though.

Season 1 : October Update

News

Only 2 points in the league from 3 matches is disappointing. Changes are necessary or I'll get sacked soon. Sterling keeps getting injured for England so I can't give him playing time.

Transfers

Window is closed.

Matches

04.Oct.2012 -[A]
[EL]

Europa league games are easy. I use them to improve morale.

07.Oct.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

Spurs were league leaders so I guess a point is good.

21.Oct.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

Dropped points. They got a goal while one of my players was down. Scoring in the league is still a big problem.

25.Oct.2012 -[H]
[EL]

Got some goals and some confidence in Suarez who wasn't scoring at all. Gerrard and Borini too.

28.Oct.2012 -[A]
[PRM]

Got dominated, but Borini scored a

League Table [table]

Negative goal difference says it all.

Got another goal this month. Might seem too little, but Suarez only has one in the league so far.

Season 1 : November Update

News

4/4 wins in the league is exactly the form I want. Europa League form dipped a little, but I'm still 1st in the group. Enrique got back from his injury, and for the first time I have a fully fit squad.

Transfers

Window is closed.

Matches

04.Nov.2012 -[A]
[PRM]

A game of two comebacks.

08.Nov.2012 -[A]
[EL]

Didn't care about this match. Even Joe Cole played.

11.Nov.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

A good win with goals from Borini and Suarez.

18.Nov.2012 -[A]
[PRM]

Substitute Shelvey wins the match to keep our November form perfect.

22.Nov.2012 -[A]
[EL]

A good away point earned by the reserves.

28.Nov.2012 -[H]
[PRM]

Perfect way to end a good moth is with a dominating win.

League Table [table]

4 points of 4th place, currently occupied by ... Stoke. Weird game.

A goal a month seems to be Andy's rate. West Ham are back in the relegation zone and he doesn't seem to be the man to save them.

Hiya guys, started a new game with Liverpool, didn't buy too many players as I wanted to keep the original squad and bring through the youth players like Suso, Kelly etc.

Signed Jose Callejon on loan from Real Madrid, bought Nicklas Helenius from AaB for 4m, Andrea Costa for 1.8m from Sampdoria and Jack Butland from Birmingham for 3.6m, also got a few more possibly lined up and have Ronaldiniho coming in January on a free.

Had trouble selling players I didn't want, nobody wanted to buy Downing so he went on loan to Porto, sold Doni to Man City for 1m, Sent Robinson on loan to Leeds, sent Shelvey to QPR on loan, sold Brad Jones to Fulham for 500k, Jordan Henderson went on loan to Swansea after I couldn't get anyone to buy him, managed to sell Glen Johnson to Chelsea for 19.5m, Joe Cole went on loan to Norwich.

Just finished my first season and managed to come 5th only a point behind Arsenal, 2 behind manure and 3 behind tottenham, also i managed to win the Euro Cup beating tottenham, 4-3 in the final, man city won the league, everton won the league cup and wigan won the FA cup. Signed a new 4 year contract also. I struggled at the start and must've used 5 different formations/tactics but managed to settle on a flat 4-4-2 which worked wonders towards the end of the season, at the start i was having a nightmare with away games, the first 10 away games 0 wins/7draws/3 defeats but did get better towards gthe end with the 4-4-2.

Not much action in the transfer market for me.

Players in

LB Rat (loan) - ST Gudetti (loan) - RW El Shaarawy (loan) - LW Malouda (1.6m) - GK Lux (1.1m) - AM Dzagoev (free Jan)

Players out

Doni (ManC 1.2m) - Jones (Fulham 1m) - Shelvey (QPR loan) - Robinson (Leeds loan) - Cole (Norwich loan) - Flanagan (peterboro loan) - Wisdom (peterboro loan)

Gave Suso/Pacheco/Wilson/yesil/Sterling/Aissaidi/Coates plenty of game time and they have deverloped nicely over the season.

Top Scorers

Borini 26

Suarez 19

Gerrard 12

All in all a decent season!

Anyone struggling with tactics in the 2nd season? My tactics worked great towards the end of the first season but am now struggling in the 2nd season even though i have strengthened the team with Falcao/Douglas Costa/Junior hoilett, am thinking that my plug and play tactics are now shot and i may have to do a bit of tinkering from game to game now.

Anyone struggling with tactics in the 2nd season? My tactics worked great towards the end of the first season but am now struggling in the 2nd season even though i have strengthened the team with Falcao/Douglas Costa/Junior hoilett, am thinking that my plug and play tactics are now shot and i may have to do a bit of tinkering from game to game now.

i agree with you. i did pretty well in the first season. but in the second season i tend to lose to bottom table teams, but i can still beat man city 4-0, chelsea 4-1 and manure 3-0.

oh ya. is it possible to change the database from small to large in a saved game? cuz i chose the wrong option in the beginning. argh...

First thing I did was sign back Thomas Ince for 6mil. He was quality, becoming my 2nd highest scorer with 16, just 1 behind Suarez. Bit of a RB crisis in 2nd season now though. Sold Johnson for 18mil first season, now Kelly for 10mil but wasn't able to bring in a quality replacement. Did just remove Carroll from the records as most expensive transfer though, having signed Neymar for 36mil.

My team entering the 2nd season;

-----------------------Reina--------------------

Di Silvestri---Agger--------Skrtel-----Enrique

-----------------------Bender------------------

-------------Gerrard----------Allen------------

-Ince----------------------------------Suarez-

----------------------Neymar------------------

Subs;

Gulacsi

Coates

Tomkins

Sterling

Torje

Shelvey

Ba

Lars, signed him in January 1st season. Cant remember how much but will check when I get home. He was solid but unspectacular. But starting to play a DM instead of an AMC in my formation turned my season on its head. At christmas I was 17th facing the sack. Finished the season 5th. Was amazing turn around.

Lars, signed him in January 1st season. Cant remember how much but will check when I get home. He was solid but unspectacular. But starting to play a DM instead of an AMC in my formation turned my season on its head. At christmas I was 17th facing the sack. Finished the season 5th. Was amazing turn around.

I always play with a DM , let me know how much you got Lars Bender for he would be someone i''d like in my squad

Lars was 10.25mil. Think he was transfer listed by request in January. Now i'm home I can go through all my ins and outs.

First season - Ins

Artem Milevskiy (Loan - 130k/pm)

Thomas Ince (6mil)

Ilsinho (Loan - 160k/pm)

Adama Traore (650k - Jan)

Demba Ba (7mil - Jan)

Lars Bender (10.25mil - Jan)

Outs

Glen Johnson (18.5mil)

Stewert Downing (Loan - 190k/pm)

Joe Cole (1mil - Jan)

Jordan Henderson (2.5mil - Jan)

2nd season - Ins

Neymar (36mil)

Felipe Melo (Loan - 45k/pm)

Lorenzo Di Silvesteri (1.5mil)

Gabriel Torje (8.75mil)

Umberto Maris (2.5mil Regen)

James Tomkins (4.6mil)

Pending - Hernanes (11.75mil) + Another regen for 1mil

Outs

Doni, Brad Jones, Carragher - Free

Martin Kelly - (10mil)

Lucas Leiva - (29mil)

Stewert Downing (5mil)

Andy Carroll (Loan - 120k/pm)

Had a pretty spectacular first season with boring, Wellington new and Suarez on form. Finished 2nd on 83 points behind utd(87) and won euro and cap cups.

Transfers season 1

In

Wellington nem (3.5m)

Leonard kweuke (3.2m)

Dzagoev (free)

Rever (6.5m)

Katsouranis (free)

Nelson (1.9m)

Out

Johnson (19m)

Cole (loan)

Downing (loan)

Henderson (loan)

Doni (1.8m)

Jones (1m)

Season 2

In

Llorente (free)

Neymar (36m)

Bochetti (free)

Walker (17.5m)

Isco (17.5m)

Turnbull (600k)

Out

Downing (5m)

Cole (1.5m)

Henderson (6m)

Nelson (3m)

Spearing (3m)

Wilson (7.5m)

Agger (20m)

Kweuke (loan)

Carroll (loan)

Things looking pretty, got wage bill down to £1.4m even with some big earners!

im at my 3rd season. and this is my current team. won everything there is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/51634589.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/39705809.jpg/

im at a dilemma on whether i should let gerrard at the end of 2015. he's at 120k a week and that's expensive. chamberlain could easily fill up gerrard's role.

Impressive squad man! Gerrard should still be good for tutoring I would guess?

May I ask how Sterling has done for you? And any chance you could post a screenshot of him? Also, when did you buy Damiao and how much did you have to pay for him? Cheers

I just started my proper game, and have been cleaning out just about all of the backroom staff now, and brought in the best coaches I could find. And I have only bought some young talents and some old guys for tutoring so far.

Impressive squad man! Gerrard should still be good for tutoring I would guess?

May I ask how Sterling has done for you? And any chance you could post a screenshot of him? Also, when did you buy Damiao and how much did you have to pay for him? Cheers

I just started my proper game, and have been cleaning out just about all of the backroom staff now, and brought in the best coaches I could find. And I have only bought some young talents and some old guys for tutoring so far.

paid 28mill for damiao. great player for my team. by my 3rd season. sterling is worth 13mill with a 5star PA. i tend to rotate my team a lot. fielding my strongest 11 against better teams and then my second string players (wonderkids eg.ademilson, fierro, vico, sterling, rabello, etc.) sterling gets a 7.3 minimum for each season. he scores loads of wonder goals as well. he would dribble past everyone before scoring. but his stats doesn't reflect his true ability IMO. try to clear all your unwanted players in the first season. you would be able to get more money for them. if you read the previous post, many of them could get 20mill(48months) for downing. bring down the wage bill. there are loads of cheap players who turn out to be real gems. Nem and dzagoev are good players but i think Nem's clause has been removed and Dzagoev has signed a new contract. Ademilson is about 5million, Fierro about 7-8million. i even brought in alexander frei and ze roberto in my first season. but all changed when the club gave me more cash in January. lol.

Archived