Rooney changed position for FM13

I'm just posting this to suggest that Wayne Rooney should have his position changed on FM13 to not only a natural striker but ALSO a natural AMC considering he played today in the hole of Fergies now famously quoted diamond formation, and It's glaringly obvious that he is not only

"Accomplished" in this position but that with the signings of the likes of Kagawa and RVP hes more than likely to be playing that position more regularly!

Thanks

Bye

I disagree, and technically he wouldn't be "changing position" as he isn't learning a new position, he is a "natural" striker because that's where he first started playing. It's the same as Gareth Bale being a "natural" left back but being an accomplished left winger. He's fine the way he is.

I disagree, and technically he wouldn't be "changing position" as he isn't learning a new position, he is a "natural" striker because that's where he first started playing. It's the same as Gareth Bale being a "natural" left back but being an accomplished left winger. He's fine the way he is.

This isn't quite correct. The player should be natural in his best postion, not the position he started his career. The word natural is misleading.

You can't give a player another natural position just because he has played a handful of games there. As well as that, SI do not want players to have multiple natural positions unless they do indeed excel in said positions. This was the case a couple of FMs ago when most players had their multiple natural positions removed.

So you are both saying that WR does not excel in the DLS or AMC (on FM) position as he has only played a "few" games there, even though it is arguably his BEST position and has been most of his life. (Although at United he is played primarily as a striker, he VERY rarely ever plays as a leading striker (in a positional sense) and more often than not (especially since United signed Kagawa and RVP tends to drop MUCH deeper). Normally I don't play with a top team as I believe the experience has much more to offer building not just a team but a club, so I usually start a long term career game with a much lower league club, however with united now having a VERY competitive squad IMHO I definitely plan on doing a Man Utd save. (The team I support, along with Leicester City and others as I moved around a lot as a kid).

(especially since United signed Kagawa and RVP tends to drop MUCH deeper).

He's started just two games with van Persie and in only one game have the three of them started together. It's a bit early to be saying what he does and doesn't do when van Persie and or Kagawa are in the same team.

So you are both saying that WR does not excel in the DLS or AMC (on FM) position as he has only played a "few" games there, even though it is arguably his BEST position and has been most of his life. (Although at United he is played primarily as a striker, he VERY rarely ever plays as a leading striker (in a positional sense) and more often than not (especially since United signed Kagawa and RVP tends to drop MUCH deeper). Normally I don't play with a top team as I believe the experience has much more to offer building not just a team but a club, so I usually start a long term career game with a much lower league club, however with united now having a VERY competitive squad IMHO I definitely plan on doing a Man Utd save. (The team I support, along with Leicester City and others as I moved around a lot as a kid).

Amc and DLS are two seperate positions/styles. He has played AMC a handful of times so you cannot jusitfy setting him to natural there. If all it took wae a couple of games then many players would have multiple natural positions set in the game. Stevie Gerrard scored 23 goals as a winger and hasnplayed a lot of his England career at left mid. He does not have those positons set as natural. The database has to be consistent otherwise we revert back to when most players had multiple natural positons.

Is Pique a "natural" forward? Thats what he trained as originally so by your logic...

Amc and DLS are two seperate positions/styles. He has played AMC a handful of times so you cannot jusitfy setting him to natural there. If all it took wae a couple of games then many players would have multiple natural positions set in the game. Stevie Gerrard scored 23 goals as a winger and hasnplayed a lot of his England career at left mid. He does not have those positons set as natural. The database has to be consistent otherwise we revert back to when most players had multiple natural positions.

While I agree that DLS and AMC ARE two entirely separate positions, I do not agree that Rooney has ONLY played a handful of games in this position, he has in actual fact played this role many many times for both England AND United (long before Kagawa and RBP were United players), I am not suggesting for 1 minute that loads of players are given natural ability in more than one position but that in Rooneys case it is entirely fathomable, he has been thought of many times as ending his career as a Paul Scholes type of central midfielder and NOT just by me. I see no harm in making Rooney a natural AMC and ST C as I believe he is in real life although its not that big of a deal as if he isn't when the game is released later this month it will be possible to change it in the editor.

He'll end up being an Accomplished AMC which is fair. That could well change in the future, but we tend to discourage multiple natural positions.

Was just going to suggest this myself. In my United saves in the past 2 FM's I've always trained him as an AMC. Later in his career it will become more of a regular thing, much like Totti has done in the latter stages of his career.

Not quite on topic

My Problem with using FM Rooney as AMC in the past has been his PPM "comes deep to get ball". if you use Rooney as a striker he takes up the sort of positions he does IRL if you play him as AMC he practically drops into midfield.

Cant we have PPMs tied to players positions rather then universal so Rooney would drop deep as a striker but not as a AM?

Rio Ferdinand started his career as a striker.....

Archived