New Editor - Like FMM

ruci

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you done all this:
  1. Download and extract it.
  2. Load a game in FM2008.
  3. Double click on the FMRTEditor to launch the application.
  4. Click load game and wait for it to load.
  5. When it is done search using a unique id or by surname of player.
  6. Select what you want to edit and change what you want.
  7. Click save and your changes should be saved in the game.

Hope that helps. :)

Yep. When I get to number 4 there, there's no waiting for it to load. Immediately after hitting load, a box comes up and says version detected. I press OK, and nothing happens. Search doesn't work or anything like that...

Yep. When I get to number 4 there, there's no waiting for it to load. Immediately after hitting load, a box comes up and says version detected. I press OK, and nothing happens. Search doesn't work or anything like that...

What version of FM08 are you running?

The properties of my game say I have version 8.0.2.52629

I'm not even sure what the last 5 numbers mean, or why they don't match to what the editor is detecting.

And no I haven't patched the game. I just reinstalled it yesterday actually.

The properties of my game say I have version 8.0.2.52629

I'm not even sure what the last 5 numbers mean, or why they don't match to what the editor is detecting.

And no I haven't patched the game. I just reinstalled it yesterday actually.

What game do you have? Is it Football Manager or one of the localised variations?

Football Manager 2008... digitally downloaded

I was wondering how you had the 8.0.2 version without patching but digital downlaods are obviously already patched.

Anyway, do you have .NET 2.0 framework installed on your computer? You need that for the editor to work. If you don't have it then you can download it from here.

I was wondering how you had the 8.0.2 version without patching but digital downlaods are obviously already patched.

Anyway, do you have .NET 2.0 framework installed on your computer? You need that for the editor to work. If you don't have it then you can download it from here.

Oh sorry, I didn't know the digital was already patched.

Anyway, installing .net 2.0 was the first thing I tried. I just tried it again, downloaded it and installed it, and I get the same result?

Oh sorry, I didn't know the digital was already patched.

It is alright as neither did I. :D

Anyway, installing .net 2.0 was the first thing I tried. I just tried it again, downloaded it and installed it, and I get the same result?

I can't imagine why it does not work unless it does not work with the digital download but I wouldn't think that would make a difference but maybe it does. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Ruci might be able to help you whenever he comes back. Hopefully you get it working.

I was just wonderin', a ponder for ruci when he gets back. Would there be any way to add the ability to increase/decrease the chances of a player becoming a coach? A couple of my longest serving players are near retirement, and I would love to have them as coaches, but both are "Definately not staying in the game". It'd be brilliant if you could put an option like this in the next update. Cheers!

I was just wonderin', a ponder for ruci when he gets back. Would there be any way to add the ability to increase/decrease the chances of a player becoming a coach? A couple of my longest serving players are near retirement, and I would love to have them as coaches, but both are "Definately not staying in the game". It'd be brilliant if you could put an option like this in the next update. Cheers!

This is a bit off topic but if you are a players favoured personnel, you can persuade them to become a coach by keep doing the player interaction of they would make a good coach.

I'm backkkkkk ;)

and the site is back too, now i'm going to start working again in this project, but I cant tell any release date for the next version...for more information visit the website because all news about the project are released there in first place ;)

tks you all for using this editor and for giving me your feedback

Welcome back ruci!:D

The demand was high since you were gone and your website was down so we had to upload your editor to filefront and speedyshare. Hope you don't mind. ;) Also just to let you know there are a couple of people who can't get it work. Nyrc and thegr8anad were 2. I couldn't figure out why it was not working for them. :confused:

Anyway looking forward to your next version. KUTGW. :thup:

Doesnt work for me... on my Vista x86. This the error detail i get after some time of pressing the load game button. tried as admin too.

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: fmrteditor.exe

Problem Signature 02: 0.3.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 48a35794

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 47577b16

Problem Signature 07: b5b

Problem Signature 08: 0

Problem Signature 09: System.OverflowException

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 16393

Still isnt working. Google search tells me it might be missing some files as this error comes when a .net 2.0 program is written in Xp but it doesnt work in windows server 2003 or vista.

Anyone here who uses vista 32-bit and has this program running?

This is a bit off topic but if you are a players favoured personnel, you can persuade them to become a coach by keep doing the player interaction of they would make a good coach.

I have done that before, with other players, but the two I'm talking about are 35 and 37 respectively, and both of them are already set to retire at the end of the season (it's May!) I probably should have mentioned that I knew how to do that, soz. Still lobbying for the function in the editor!!

well, ppl, the new version is going very well, i have some new features included, and now im working in Players relations, so the next version will be out only when i finish this feature

at this stage, the changes are:

- New special Feature (nothing that special, but usefull...)

- The new version uses less system resources

- Players Prefered moves

- Players Relations

- Some changes in Interface

- Nations can be searched by name now

- Players can now change nation by selectin nation name instead nation ID

- The program now memorizes the current screen, so when you are working in players positions (for example) and change to another player, it shows players positions screen..

- Data Picker bug fixed (not done yet..but i will fix it :p)

- Fixed some translations bugs

- Fixed some other minor bugs

thanks mate. Do you think you could add manager relations in there aswell? plz.

thanks

sure, but not in the next version(v0.50), because at this moment staff editing is not included, maybe in a future version (v0.60?) that feature is included ;)

Would it be possible to be able to edit names? I created a person to find later that I somehow added a space somewhere so that their name appears with two spaces between the first and last name. Very annoying. Would love to be able to remove the extra space. It's a staff member BTW.

at this momement staff editing is not enable, in a future version it will be possible to edit staff, but you will not be able to edit staff names like that, you can only change their names the same way you can change players names at this time (by changing the name to one that already exists in game...)

Is it possible to make it so you can edit league standard and the number of years you have to be in a nation to become a citizen?

at this stage its not possible, but i will try to include it in a future version, but i dont know if it will be possible..

Would it be possible to be able to edit names? I created a person to find later that I somehow added a space somewhere so that their name appears with two spaces between the first and last name. Very annoying. Would love to be able to remove the extra space. It's a staff member BTW.

Why not give them a nickname?

hi, ppl, im here to announce, the 0.50 version is now out, download it from the official website ;) (http://fm.bracasoft.com)

for all you guys that want to help this project, please help me supporting this project, just need a click in the google ads (sponsors links/banners) in my website, i really appreciate it

this is the changelist:

* New special Feature - Clone Center

* The new version uses less system resources

* Added Players Preferred moves

* Added Players Relations

* Players can now change nation by selecting nation name instead nation ID

* Some changes in Interface

* Nations can be searched by name now

* The program now memorizes the current screen, so when you are working in players positions (for example) and change to another player, it shows players positions screen..

* Data Picker bug fixed

* Fixed some translations bugs

* Fixed some other minor bugs

Ruci: There is a serious error in v.0.50. I've loaded it several times just to try that clone feature, but while I'm been doing this I've found out that the programme doesn't read what club a player is contracted to. Every time I've loaded the editor I've searched for Ryan Giggs, first time i loaded it he was contracted to Oldham, next time he was contracted to Weymouth. Something that is quite strange as I have him in my Man Utd squad. I've got the latest FM patch and Vista completely updated.

Ruci: There is a serious error in v.0.50. I've loaded it several times just to try that clone feature, but while I'm been doing this I've found out that the programme doesn't read what club a player is contracted to. Every time I've loaded the editor I've searched for Ryan Giggs, first time i loaded it he was contracted to Oldham, next time he was contracted to Weymouth. Something that is quite strange as I have him in my Man Utd squad. I've got the latest FM patch and Vista completely updated.

this is really weird, i cant replicate this in my machine, but i will try to find out the problem and fix it..

Hello Ruci, the editor freezes when I select the relations tab. It might be a bug since other functions work.

i've spotted this, and is fixed now, but now i'm working in fixing the other problem with players contracts..

hello ruci,

i downloaded the latest version and extracted it (i tried both winrar and winzip), also i have installed net compact framework 2.0 SP2 as you instructed in the thread, but the editor still crash before opening.

processor 1.73 Ghz

1 GB ram

windows xp

any instruction for solving my problem please.

any instruction for solving my problem please.

I think you've downloaded the wrong .NET 2.0, because the compact .NET 2.0 framework is for other versions of windows (Windows CE...mobile devices)

download the right one here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5%20&displaylang=en)

tell me if its working now

Do you think it would be possible to add a future transfer onto a player, or cancel it? That would be so amazing.

add a future transfer i dont know if its possible, the best i've done with this was change the date of a future transfer..but i'm still working on it ;)

Cool nice to hear, hopefully you stumble upon an incredible breakthrough because such a feature would be revolutionary. We could update our current games on the fly to reflect real life transfers without having to start a new game or fuss with the editor. Changing the date can be useful as well.

Archived