Taking the Northernmost Town on the British Mainland to the top!

iLynx

Hi everyone, I downloaded Nichevo's 'Big Fat 10 Tier Scottish Pyramid Restructure' as found here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306756-My-big-fat-10-Tier-Scottish-Pyramid-Restructure and I plan on taking Thurso to the top of Scotland and breaking the Old Firm, which may even already be broken by time I reach the Premier League!

Thurso Football Club are a Scottish football club from Thurso. They play in the North Caledonian Football League and are based at Sir George's Park.

Formed in 1998, (though there has been a local side dating from the 19th century which later folded of the same name), the club are nicknamed "the Vikings" or the Scab or sometimes even the Crabs and team play in red and white strips.

2009-10 season overview

Thurso finished the 2009−10 season as undefeated Champions with 15 victories and 3 draws to pip Muir of Ord Rovers FC, who also won 15 games but suffered 3 defeats. Mark Nicol was leading marksman with 29 goals from 17 league appearances.

Duncan Gray era

Duncan died in February 2011. He will be missed by all at Thurso Football Club as well as the fans. The former Thurso FC and record breaking Pentland United manager seen Thurso FC to numerous trophies during his time at the helm. The most notable victory came with a 6-0 win over Bonar Bridge in the Morris Newton Cup Final at Victoria Park, Dingwall. Duncan guided The Vikings to the treble of league and two cups in 2002/03 and several other trophies.

Mark Nicol

Mark Nicol is well known around Thurso for his lethal finishing, in the 9 seasons he spent at The Vikings he has netted a phenomenal 189 Goals. Unfortunately Thurso F.C. will miss their Talisman as he unavailable for this current campaign

Honours

To this date The Vikings have won an impressive 14 trophies in 13 years. Including two trebles first came in 2002–03 season and again in 2010–11 season.

Domestic honours

North Caledonian League

Champions 1999–00, 2002–03, 2009–10

PCT Cup

Winners 2001–02

Morris Newton Cup

Winners 2002–03, 2003–04

Football Times Cup

Winners 2002–03

Port Service Cup

Winners 2004–05

North Caledonian Cup

Winners 2010–11

Jock MacKay Cup

Winners 2010–11

SWL Cup

Winners 2006–07, 2010–11

Club:

u5WiF.png?1

General Info:

d5u8x.png?1

Club Facilities:

uB8Tz.png?1

North Caledonian League:

gDdEB.png?1

The new system is structured like this:

Scottish Premier League:

12 teams, 12th place Relegated

Scottish First Division:

10 teams - 1st Promoted - 10th Relegated - 9th in Relegation Playoff

Scottish Second Division:

10 teams - 1st Promoted - 2nd-4th Promotion Playoff - 9th Relegation Playoff - 10th Relegated

Scottish 3rd Division:

10 teams - 1st Promoted - 2nd-4th Promotion Playoff - 10th Relegation Playoff

Regional Premier Leagues:

Highland League Premier - East of Scotland Premier - South of Scotland Premier - West of Scotland Premier

16 teams - 16 teams - 10 teams - 16 teams - 1st Promotion Playoff - Bottom Two Relegated

Regional League One:

Highland Divison One - East of Scotland Division One - South of Scotland Division One - West of Scotland Division One

16 teams - 16 teams - 6 teams - 16 teams - Top Two Promoted - Bottom One Relegated

Junior Superleague:

North Superleague Premier - East Superleague Premier - South Superleague Premier - West Superleague Premier

12 teams - 12 teams - 6 teams - 12 teams - Top One Promoted - Bottom Two Relegated

Junior Division One:

North Superleague Division One - East Superleague Division One - South Superleague Division One - West Superleague Division One

12 teams - 16 teams - 6 teams - 12 teams - Top Two Promoted - Bottom Two Relegated

Junior Division Two:

North Superleague Division Two - East Superleague Division Two - South Superleague Division Two - West Superleague Division Two

12 teams - 12 teams - 6 teams - 12 teams - Top Two Promoted - Bottom One Relegated

Scottish Amateur League:

Caledonian League - Scottish East Amateur Division - Scottish South Amateur Division - Scottish West Amateur Division

16 teams - 16 teams - 8 teams - 16 teams - Top One Promoted - No Relegation

I hope that's in-depth enough for everyone too follow, next post will be the squad & squad report along with the assistants "Key Player"

Database Size:

Custom - 46,000 Players Loaded

(Players From Top Clubs - Worldwide)

(Players With National Reputation - Worldwide)

(Current International Players - Worldwide)

If there's anything else you want too see then don't hesitate too ask!

Team Report:

goj9Y.png?1

Squad:

KBmJi.png?1

Assistants "Key Player":

9KVmU.png?1

Our squad is really very poor, so the first thing to do is to get rid of the regens and bring in some real players that might have even a hint of quality.

Looks like a great quest.

Thanks Delta, hopefully it will be a good, long challenge.

Good luck with this, looks like a good database

Thanks Dan, it gives me a good load of players once I reach the top and not just players from Argentina, Brazil & Spain.

2011/12 Pre-Season

w9IXI.png?1

A very tight Pre-Season in terms of fixtures, a 2-2 draw and 2 narrow wins.

Things were a lot more active on the transfer front though:

ckPAb.png?1

I replaced all the original staff as I though I could get better, and I did manage to replace them with better.

tYWFd.png?1

I offered a load of players out as well as releasing a lot on frees, I brought in some foreigners before sending my scout across Scotland to try and find some players, unfortunately we failed to get work permits for a Bermudan striker who would be the #1 and a Central Defender from the Central African Republic.

6diJ3.png?1

That's how the squad looks the day before our first game, against Bonar Bridge in the Scottish Amateur Cup, the squad is very thin but I'm still looking to bring in a couple of good players if I get the opportunity. Also Marc Hughes is only unavailable for another couple of days as he was "Studying" as FM has put it.

Omar Koroma? :D ? I remember him to be top English Football League Champioship striker in FM 2010 with my Brentford. He scored some goals in EPL too. :thup: Could i ask for his screenshot, please?

I don't think he's as good as he was back then, but here he is now:

pswps.png

2011/12 Mid-Season Update

i5bRi.png?1

T3bl6.png?1

It's pretty much been plain sailing for us in both the league and in the Scottish Amateur Cup securing 3 easy wins to put us through too the Quarter Final against Arbroarth Harp. In the league it looks like it really is ours too lose now as we're 8 points ahead of 2nd and 13 points ahead of 3rd with 12 games to go.

Elsewhere in Scotland:

Scottish Premier League:

Celtic are in 1st and are 12 points ahead of 2nd place Dundee Unitedand 13 points ahead of 3rd place St. Mirren, Rangers currently sit in 8th with 17 points joint with Motherwell and Heart of Midlothian see themselves in the relegation zone as they are in 12th on 12 points, 3 behind 10th & 11th Kilmarnock & Aberdeen respectively.

Scottish First Division:

Ross County are out in 1st with 35 points but are only 1 point ahead of 2nd place Falkirk and 4 points ahead of 3rd place Raith Rovers. Livingston are looking for the drop at the minute being in 10th with 21 points from 21 games with Ayr United currently holding 9th for the Relegation Playoff with 23 points, 3 points behind 7th place Greenock Morton & 8th place Queen of the South.

Scottish Second Division:

East Fife currently lead the pack being in 1st with 45 points closely followed by Stirling Albion in 2nd with 44 points, the other 2 promotion playoff spots go to Brechin City & Forfar Athletic on 36 points. Albion Rovers are in last on 14 points, 4 points from safety & the Relegation playoff which is currently being held by Dumbarton on 18 points and are 3 points behind 8th place Airdrie United.

Scottish Third Division:

Berwick Rangers are in 1st on 40 points, the Promotion Playoff places go to Montrose on 38 points, Peterhead on 34 points & Annan Athletic on 32 points, the Relegation Playoff spot goes to East Stirlingshire who only have 13 points and are 3 points behind 9th place Queen's Park.

I probably won't do that again, it was just a check on the top 4 divisions, if there are any clubs or players you want too see then just ask!

Koroma should dominate at that level!

I've just played the last game of the season and Koroma has re-paid me with almost a goal per game!

Great start! Good luck with this. :thup:

Thanks cpfc!

Koroma should still be very strong for a few levels.

If I got back-to-back promotions all the way to the Premier League and kept Koroma, he could still be playing for us at age 31/32.

Thurso - North Caledonian League - 2011/12

League Table

We won by 5 points, Halkirk gave us a run for our money as they ended up 16 points ahead of 3rd.

Scottish Amateur Cup - We won it pretty easily and we didn't even concede a goal.

Squad - We have a good attacking force and goalkeeprs but our defence has been lacking since most of our defenders were poached in the January Transfer Window.

Transfers - The downside of being amateur, losing most of our start players by higher, more reputable clubs in January.

Finances - We're amateur and £7K in the red, we managed to get quite a bit of prize money getting £4K for winning the Scottish Amateur Cup and £1K for winning each round, and £10K for winning the North Caledonian League.

Key Players:

Omar Koroma - The main man, 25 goals in 32 appearances also got 15 assists & 6 MoM awards.

Orrin Farrell - Got 7 MoM awards and also 11 assists to his name, wasn't afraid of scoring either, getting 9 in 32.

Jordan White - Another goalscorer getting 14 in his 26 appearances, only 20 aswell.

Gavin McCallum - A Canadian International with 10 goals and 11 assists in his 28 appearances.

Season             League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    North Caledonian League            1st           North Caledonian League & Scottish Amateur Cup Winners 

Next season we turn Semi-Pro and I have to struggle with wage limits.

Good first year.

I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Good win and congrats! I've had Koroma on my teams before too. He'll be dominant for a few levels to go!

Thanks Cerud, he's been dominant again this year and long may it continue.

Great league run & well played on winning the cup without conceding a goal.

Thanks Razer The league run was even better this year, being unbeaten in the league until losing the last game of the season, we've done even better in the cups as well, a season review will be up this afternoon sometime but I leave you with this:

BWNQI.png?1

c7dkp.png?1

Thurso - North Superleague Division Two - 2012/13

League Table

Another easy league victory, winning by 8 points, we so very nearly had an unbeaten season but we threw that away by losing 2-1 to Brechin Victoria on the last game of the season.

Scottish Junior Cup - A new cup to be in and we won it! The final was quite nervy, taking it too extra time but in the end we won 3-2.

Highland Cup - This I was expecting to be a lot harder as it goes all the way up to the tier below the Third Division, but we went and won that aswell! We took the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals & Final to extra time but we went and won another piece of silverware!

Squad - We have a few class players but we have to rely on bringing up some very poor players from the youth team to play aswell.

Transfers - We lost 3 of our players just before we turned Semi-Pro so I couldn't offer them a new contract, I brought in a quality Liberian defender in Emmanuel Wennah, in April I brought in a new starting Goalkeeper for next season in 22 year old Ole Soderberg.

Finances - We would have been in the red if it wasn't for the takeover that happened in March.

Key Players:

Omar Koroma - Again top scorer scoring 24 in 30 starts.

Trevor Benjamin - I brought him in last year as a backup striker and with only 1* CA he has done far better than I would have expected, scoring 19 goals in 25 appearances, we are also the 27th club that he's played for.

Emmanuel Wennah - The Liberian international, a rock in defence and only 22.

Chris Greatwich - The overpaid Filipino player, on £110 p/wk but managed to get 4 goals but a massive 17 assists.

Season             League                      Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    North Caledonian League               1st           North Caledonian League & Scottish Amateur Cup Winners
2012/13    North Superleague Division Two        1st           North Superleague Division Two, Scottish Junior Cup & Highland Cup Winners

Another great season, well played. Won't be too long until you're challenging for the promotion playoff into the Third Division.

Surprising to see you've got a Liberian international playing so far down the pyramid.

Knew Koroma would fire you far.

He's doing very well this season aswell, although I think he'll have a lot of competition very shortly.

Interest take on the Scottish League, though in my opinion the Scots should have promotion in and out of the League anyway.

I agree, I would like there to be relegation from the Third Division, to give other clubs a chance.

Good job on promotion :thup:

Thanks Cerud!

Another great season, well played. Won't be too long until you're challenging for the promotion playoff into the Third Division.

Surprising to see you've got a Liberian international playing so far down the pyramid.

Only another 4 promotions to go! There are a lot weirder signings going on, I think there is something wrong with the reputation because I've been able to get a couple of amazing young strikers, one of them being this guy:

JD6Ry.png?1

Nice read, this. I have lived in Scotland, so I have a soft spot for all thing Scottish, especially the football. Good luck in your journey up the league system.

Looking forward to follow your progress.

Thurso - North Superleague Division One - 2013/14

League Table

Our earliest promotion yet, being promoted at the start of March.

Junior Cup - We managed to retain it after a nervy 1-0 victory over Falkirk Juniors in the Final, best result was the 6-0 win away to Arniston Rangers in the Quarter Finals.

Highland Cup - We retained this aswell! it started very shaky needing penalties to beat Lossiemouth in the 2nd round but the Final was won as Thursos' record win beating Banks O' Dee FC 7-0.

Squad - I've almost sorted out the team now and our quality is snowballing too, going next season Omar Koroma will only be the 3rd best rated striker!

Transfers - Brought in more players on free transfers whilst getting rid of an Irish GK who'd never played and was in the reserves.

Finances - We made quite a big loss for our level even though I thank some of that is due to increasing Junior Coaching again.

Key Players:

Omar Koroma - Obviously he would be here, he always in, and with 26 goals in 31 appearances he's still knocking them in.

Emmanuel Wennah - The best average rating in the team, and a solid rock in defence.

Mitja Novinic - This years 'Mr. Assist' getting 15 assists too his name.

Ole Soderberg - The guy between the sticks, 35 appearances, 12 conceded & a whopping 26 clean sheets!

2011/12    North Caledonian League               1st           North Caledonian League & Scottish Amateur Cup Winners
2012/13    North Superleague Division Two        1st           North Superleague Division Two, Scottish Junior Cup & Highland Cup Winners
2013/14    North Superleague Division One        1st           North Superleague Division One, Scottish Junior Cup & Highland Cup Winners

Now to get 4 in a row.
Back to back trebles! Nice season.

Great amount of clean sheets kept too.

We've been promoted as champions with 5 games to spare and on the 22nd of January! so it's 4 in a row and we're currently on track to make a treble of trebles!

We've been promoted as champions with 5 games to spare and on the 22nd of January! so it's 4 in a row and we're currently on track to make a treble of trebles!

Well done on another promotion, hopefully you won't have jinxed the treble by mentioning it.

Thurso - North Superleague Premier Division - 2014/15

League Table

Promoted on the 22nd January and in 22 games we managed to open up a 25 point lead.

Junior Cup - A competition that got progressively easier, the final saw us play Falkirk Juniors, the same team as last year which saw us win 1-0. This year however we thrashed them and won 6-1.

Highland Cup - Another win and another 6-1 thrashing in the final, beating Forres Thistle.

Squad - The strikeforce is sorted, the Goalkeeper is sorted, the only position where we need more strength is an MR.

Transfers - A few more free transfers in, I haven't been able to shift anyone out yet.

Finances - We're still going further into the red.

Key Players:

Omar Koroma - Losing touch with the top choice strikers in terms of quality, but I made sure he played and he got Top Goalscorer again with 15 goals.

Killan Brennan - I brought him in in January and in just 4 months he's managed 15 assists in 16 games.

Jakub Vojtus - Brought him in at the end of last season and he got 13 goals in 19 games and he is only 21.

Roland Bergkamp - Mr. Bergkamp...He played the least out of the 3 strikers only playing in 14 games but he got 10 goals in this game and he should be ahead of Omar Koroma in the pecking order but I feel the need to play Omar from how he's been in the past...

2013/14    North Superleague Division One        1st           North Superleague Division One, Scottish Junior Cup & Highland Cup Winners
2014/15    North Superleague Premier Division    1st           North Superleague Premier Division, Scottish Junior Cup & Highland Cup Winners

This update should have been up yesterday but I took the day off to celebrate my 16th birthday and too see the Olympic Torch go through my town.

Archived