The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 04/05

Ter

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if any of you rangers supporters know this, but there is a squad of yours coming to guernsey next week to play in a friendly tournament with PSG, japan U21s, and boca. they are mostly under 21 (or less, not sure) players, but its said that rangers are bringing some players who will feature in the first team this season. should be interesting as we dont get many teams coming over here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> RANGERS boss Alex McLeish has decided he will not attempt to add Manchester United midfielder Michael Stewart to his squad as the player is too similar to what he already has.

McLeish was highly impressed with the way the Scottish international player worked during his time with the squad and also the way he fitted in with the other players.

He is sure that Stewart will be a good addition for another club but McLeish is unable to bring him into the fold at Rangers as he already has players of a similar style.

McLeish told rangers.co.uk: "We are not going to pursue Michael Stewart. He has performed well over the week and technically we feel he is a very good player but too similar to what we have.

"He integrated really well with the squad and we believe he could enhance a squad elsewhere given his calibre as an individual and as a player."

The English FA blocked Stewart from playing as a trialist for Rangers during their Austrian tour matches against Furstenfeld and Roma as he was still under contract to Manchester United for a further two years.

Stewart tried to negotiate a release from Old Trafford and was willing to take a huge cut in his expected pay-off in order to enhance his chances of joining Rangers but the player will now have to look elsewhere.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprising, as I thought this was pretty much a done deal icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pago:

i dont know if any of you rangers supporters know this, but there is a squad of yours coming to guernsey next week to play in a friendly tournament with PSG, japan U21s, and boca. they are mostly under 21 (or less, not sure) players, but its said that rangers are bringing some players who will feature in the first team this season. should be interesting as we dont get many teams coming over here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i think one or two of them may feature, the likes of Kalenga, Tom Brighton and Bob Davidson are the pick of the bunch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pago:

i dont know if any of you rangers supporters know this, but there is a squad of yours coming to guernsey next week to play in a friendly tournament with PSG, japan U21s, and boca. they are mostly under 21 (or less, not sure) players, but its said that rangers are bringing some players who will feature in the first team this season. should be interesting as we dont get many teams coming over here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i think one or two of them may feature, the likes of Kalenga, Tom Brighton and Bob Davidson are the pick of the bunch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wonder if the like of McCormack and Adam will go and play in this or if they will stay with the first team squad for Fulham Spurs and Newcastle.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gudgewell:

i'm going to the Fulham game too with Ter icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tickets arrived this morning icon_cool.gif

some of your players here in guernsey next week will be:

ross McCormack

Tom Brighton,

Bajram Fetai,

Marc Kalenga,

Gary McKenzie

Robert Davison

mccormack is quite good apparently, according to our local paper.

who's the Dado icon_biggrin.gif

sounded like we played really well, Fulham only basically had one good chance in the last few mins but Klos saved it icon14.gif Shota, Dado and Novo are looking very sharp as well icon_smile.gif

Not sure where that leaves Zajac though, as he came off early

Zajac was pretty poor it looked as if he was trying to hard and nothing he tried to do looked natural, it all looked rushed.

Prso's goal was fb best thing about the game was defensively we looked alot better than last year(wouldn't be hard) Boumsong could cause a few panicky moments during the season as he never seems to panic on the ball and plays his way out of trouble instead of hoofing it.

Guest sav112

Gaz did you actually see the game on TV? I just had it on the Net. Anyway Bouncing sounded a bit of a rock at the back icon_biggrin.gif, I hope Novo learns not to fall down to often in the box. The Gers look good so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Gaz did you actually see the game on TV? I just had it on the Net. Anyway Bouncing sounded a bit of a rock at the back icon_biggrin.gif, I hope Novo learns not to fall down to often in the box I hope Novo learns not to fall down to often in the box. The Gers look good so far. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that just a general statemenrt from his dundee days or is that somethin u heard on the radio as i watched the game on setanta and there was no incident in which he dived during that game? In my opinion he was MOTM by a long shot and will score easily 25+ for us this season. Also as friendlys go i thought that was one of the better ones, it was competative and both sets of players wanted to win.

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fozza:

is that just a general statemenrt from his dundee days or is that somethin u heard on the radio as i watched the game on setanta and there was no incident in which he dived during that game? In my opinion he was MOTM by a long shot and will score easily 25+ for us this season. Also as friendlys go i thought that was one of the better ones, it was competative and both sets of players wanted to win. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear it, I was on the Fulham Site and the commentator kept saying “get up get you fool†and “ he went down rather fast there†etc and it sounded like it was Novo? He did say he was causing problems which sounded promising.

Then again the same commentator thought the whole Gers crowd had come for Glasgow, he was forgetting a certain London’s club fans.

some of your players here in guernsey next week will be:

ross McCormack

Tom Brighton,

Bajram Fetai,

Marc Kalenga,

Gary McKenzie

Robert Davison

mccormack is quite good apparently, according to our local paper. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye he's the pick of the bunch

Guest sav112

Juni, thanks for the AVI I thought I would miss the goal. icon14.gif

what a goal!!!!!

If he can do that in the SPL we will be happy. icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

I was at the game yesterday, was no trouble before or after the match at all.

It could have been at least 5-0 for us in that game if we were a bit sharper. Novo and Lovenkrands both missed good chances as did Zurab.

Was very very impressed by Boumsong. What a fantastic player. Two good feet, doesn't panic and wins a fair amount in the air. Quality. Novo looked the part as well, his running is excellent and he should have been on the scoresheet.

Disappointment was from Vanoli who was crap (and punched a Fulham player I believe) and Bob Malcolm who is a liability. Ricksen had a poor first half but improved in the second.

Wasn't too impressed with Prso but his goal was top drawer. What a goal! WHO'S THE DADO!

The Polish fella looked lost out there. If that was his chance to get a contract then I don't think we'll be seeing him again.

Oh, and the support yesterday was fantastic. Did the Fulham fans make any noise at all?

Archived