The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 04/05

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kev1916:

We go for players like Bastruk,Rivaldo & Hasselbaink you lot are signing spl didies

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Did Celtic not try to sign him as well?...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

fellas, don't feed the troll... icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rangers sign Novo

Nacho Novo leaves Murray Park on Monday

Rangers have completed the signing of Nacho Novo from Dundee.

The player will be presented to the media at a news conference at 1330 BST on Tuesday at Murray Park.

Dundee accepted an offer of £450,000 for the player on Monday and the Spaniard finalised personal terms following discussions on Tuesday.

Novo held talks with Celtic last week but no agreement was reached, with the player seemingly having set his heart on a move to Ibrox.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The longest running saga is Scottish football is now at an end.

Thank **** icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

i'm actually fairly confident in rangers chances of wresting back the title from the tims this season... icon14.gif

the squad has a much more balanced look about it than it did at this time last season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're more of a threat than you were.

depends on who celtic sign i think though and what happens in europe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>EVERTON are set to miss out on a £500,000 windfall because of financial difficulties at Rangers.

The Scottish club have informed former Goodison defender Michael Ball (right) he is no longer part of Alex McLeish's plans at Rangers.

The Scottish giants are believed to be unwilling to pay the £0.5m payment which will be triggered if Ball plays 60 games for the Scottish giants.

The payment is part of the £6.5m deal which took Ball to Ibrox in August 2001.

Ball's time with Rangers has been dogged by persistent knee problems. But after finally overcoming the problem last season he made 43 appearances for the club before being dropped to the bench for the run-in to the season with the title already lost to Celtic.

He has now made 54 first team appearances for the club, leaving him six matches short of the total required to provide Everton with the payment.

Ball is believed to be keen to return to the Premiership in order to improve his chances of an international recall.

He was selected for Sven Goran Eriksson's first England squad against Spain in February 2001 but has not been involved since.

Rangers are believed to be willing to listen to offers of £2m for the full-back.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

F UCK OFF YOU SH|TE BOOZING WHANK icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ter:

Beginning to feel a bit more hopeful for next season now. We'll have a pretty decent spine to the team with a mix of experienced guys and good youngsters and some pretty decent squad players as well.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Klos

Hutton Boumsong Khizanishvili Ball

A.Rae Mladenovic Stewart G.Rae

Prso Novo</pre>

Not a bad team there and we would have the likes of Andrews, Burke, Hughes, Arveladze, Lovenkrands etc pushing for places as well.

icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The two Rae's won't be on the flanks and I think Hutton may be played at left back next season if we sell Ball. Leaving Zurab at right back and Andrews beside Boumsong.

What's the verdict on Michael Stewart ? There's little risk with him only being on trial but the fact he was punted out of Notts Forest and has a reputation of being a trouble maker and lazy trainer is a worry. Can't afford another Emerson

I'd rather have Hutton at right-back, and if we get £2.5m or so for Ball surely we can pay £500,000 for someone like Stephen Hammell.

I also think Burke and Lovenkrands will start the season on the flanks.

My brother showed me a song on Follow Follow that people have made about Nacho Novo. It goes like:

There's Only One Nacho Novo

He told the Tims, where to go

He said no thanks

Ya bunch of w@nks

Walkin in a Novo wonderland!

• SI Staff

Yeah, good luck to the boy. Probably the best move for him as it would be unlikely he'd get a game for us.

Hope he bangs in the goals for Sheff Wed this season, I'll be keeping my eye out for their results like I did for Scunthorpe last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ibroxclubworshipper:

My brother showed me a song on Follow Follow that people have made about Nacho Novo. It goes like:

There's Only One Nacho Novo

He told the Tims, where to go

He said no thanks

Ya bunch of w@nks

Walkin in a Novo wonderland! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jorge Cadette anybody icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rangers have stripped Craig Moore of the captaincy and made the Australian defender available for transfer.

Moore and Gers chief Alex McLeish clashed last term, with the Australian courting controversy when saying he wanted the club to match his ambition or he would look to move on.

McLeish was unhappy with Moore last term and he has now decided to make him available after learning the Australian is looking to represent his country at the Olympics and will miss the start of the season.

"Both myself and Craig have had a discussion regarding his current situation at Ibrox and his desire to play for his country in the forthcoming Olympics," McLeish told the club's website.

"Each of us have our own objectives and I have decided to appoint a new captain for season 2004/2005 which I will announce imminently with such important matches at the start of our season.

"Both Craig and I have jointly agreed that the interests of Rangers FC are the priority and therefore he will relinquish the captaincy.

"The club will now make Craig available for transfer at the correct fee."

The news could well place Aston Villa, Birmingham City and Everton on a high state of alert as they were linked with the defender earlier in the summer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder how long Moore's picture will last on the banner of the offical website icon_smile.gif

We don't seem to have a host of candidates to take over the armband mind you - there's Klos, or....ummmm...maybe one of the new players

Got to be Alex Rae he will be the biggest bluenose at the club, will give 110% every week & lets face it hes a wee guy but would you like to face him if you had just *****ed out of a tackle in an Old Firm game!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>GAVIN RAE will be out of action for approximately six months following successful surgery on his left knee.

The Ibrox midfielder stretched his cruciate ligament during the Light Blues’ epic 3-3 draw with Dundee Utd in April and it was hoped the problem would heal naturally.

However, the 26-year-old former Dundee star has now gone under the knife and is currently recuperating in a private clinic down south.

He will spend around six months on the sidelines then hopefully return to top team action around December/January time.

Rae joined the club at the turn of the year and made his debut against Celtic but his first Rangers’ appearance was cut short when he was forced off with a hamstring problem.

He did return to action at the end of February and bagged his first goal against former employers Dundee.

Gavin doubled his tally with a fine strike against Partick Thistle in mid April but sadly he picked up the knee problem at Tannadice a week later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should have just waited and took him on a bosman icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gudgewell:

i think it'll be Klos

the 2 other possibilities i see are Alex Rae and Boumsong but Rae wont play every game and Boumsong hasn't been at the club long enough and there might be language issues <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking its one of those 3, i would prefer it to be someone other than Stefan just because i think that its easier for a player to captain rather than the GK.

Although he is new i wouldnt be suprised to see Boumsong be handed it.

on a more positive note - celtic are allegedly interested in marcel desailly, and desailly said to day he would absolutely welcome the move. icon_biggrin.gif

odds are shortening every day for that title coming home icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

more like desailly is interested in Celtic

re desailly: well he was asked to comment on the alleged interest. so there is at least a rumour to it. oh wait, i already made it clear in my initial post on the subject that celtics interest was alleged... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's since said those comments were made up by someone other than him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Real Sociedad have finally wrapped up their capture of Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta from Rangers.

The Basque outfit have been chasing the 22-year-old for several weeks and have been striving to thrash out an agreement with the Scottish giants.

Rangers have now accepted a €4 million (£2.5 million) fee from Sociedad, despite having forked out double that sum to sign Arteta from Barcelona.

Arteta has concurred on a four-year contract with Sociedad, which contains an option for a further two years.

He agreed to the terms on Thursday and the signatures are due to be put on the contracts to finally end the matter on Saturday.

Sociedad have praised the role of Barcelona in their negotiations to sign Arteta after the Catalan club waived their option on the midfielder.

Arteta becomes Sociedad's second signing of the summer after they struck a deal to bring French defender Jeremie Brechet to the Anoeta.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

re desailly: well he was asked to comment on the alleged interest. so there is at least a rumour to it. oh wait, i already made it clear in my initial post on the subject that celtics interest was alleged... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye...

he was asked to comment by the Daily Record

says it all really

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James M:

What would you want a 22(?) year old captain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

Barry Ferguson was around that age I believe when he was made captain and didn't let us down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndyJ:

I hope Boumsong is the new captain, might persuade to him to stay long term. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has'nt worked with the last 3-4.

So Rangers are only getting £2.5m for Arteta now?

Seems to be getting lower and lower all the time.

Rangers first team last year was good on paper if you remember, but their squad was not big enough because some players were injured. Seems to me like the same thing again, although the new players seem to have more desire to stay fit than some of the old ones who seemed content with being injured.

To have a chance of competing with Celtic, you will have to keep some key players fit all season, whereas Celtic can afford a few injuries in my opinion, because every time a player comes in for them they do the job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Killie1869:

So Rangers are only getting £2.5m for Arteta now?

Seems to be getting lower and lower all the time.

Rangers first team last year was good on paper if you remember, but their squad was not big enough because some players were injured. Seems to me like the same thing again, although the new players seem to have more desire to stay fit than some of the old ones who seemed content with being injured.

To have a chance of competing with Celtic, you will have to keep some key players fit all season, whereas Celtic can afford a few injuries in my opinion, because every time a player comes in for them they do the job. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you think so?

IMO if Thompson, Hartson + Sutton are out they will have no ideas what so ever.

One of the main assest Celtic have is the trademark Thompson cross into the box for Sutton/Hartson to knock down/on for Jar-Jar but he's gone now, and i honestly don't think Thompson has much more to his game.

Archived