[FM 12] Cerud's Tale of Amazement and Woe...Likely more woe...

cerud

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some pretty good signings there, hopefully you can push towards promotion this season :thup:

Cheers, Scarman :) PRomotion will still be tough as the higher clubs in my league are outspending me almost 10 to 1. They can buy the quality, but if I can steal a few wins, who knows? ;)

I do not understand my Board. I have $1M+ in the bank, making a profit, and they keep doing this...

cashuh.png

Oh well...it gives me great profits at the end of the year :)

Generous bunch.
Your board obviously has more money than sense... ;)

Hopefully you'll have a strong début season in your new stadium.

A weird Board for sure.

FIFA World Cup 2014

4596_L_fifa.jpg-l.jpg

Group A: Brazil, Cameroon, United States, Ukraine

Group B: Russia, Gabon, Italy, Syria

Group C: Spain, Ecuador, Czech Republic, Japan

Group D: England, DR Congo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Paraguay

Group E: Uruguay, Portugal, Canada, Kuwait

Group F: Turkey, Croatia, Ghana, Australia

Group G: Slovenia, Argentina, South Korean, Jamaica

Group H: France, South Africa, Ireland, Chile

Third Place Playoff

Croatia 1p - 1 Portugal

25201199.png

The Stats

• FIFA World Cup addidas Golden Ball - Jérémy Ménez - France
  • FIFA World Cup addidas Golden Shoe - Pedro - Spain
  • FIFA World Cup Best Young Player - Mateo Kovacic - Croatia
  • FIFA World Cup Yashin Award for Best Goalkeeper - Victor - Brazil

FIFA World Cup Dream Team

dreamig.png

Brazil wins in Brazil! Canada did fairly well in Group E, tying in points with 2nd place Portugal and only missing out on goal difference by two goals.

So far, only one national team has fired their manager, Italy. Two other managers has retired, from Spain and teh Democratic Republic of the Congo.

2014 Mid-Season

161896_119868821411437_1678037_n.jpg

Frigg Oslo FK - Adeccoligaen

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - This is a tight and hard fought league. However, halfway though and we are leading the league on a dominating goal difference. Our improvements so far, are huge. We are tied for the lowest goals against and leading in goals. We were actually leading the league by 3 points for most of the first half, but our last two matches have enabled Strømmen to catch up. We will need to maintain our composure in order to continue our quest for the title and promotion.

Players of Note

Tim Strøm Pedersen - D C, DM, M C - Pedersen is again our man in the back four. He's a dominant defender and has contributed a decent amount of goals from corners. However, his defending is his real benefit. He's also the top average rated player in the league.

Nikolai Djupesland - M R, AM C, ST - Our new right winger has been amazing, mainly due to his ability to outrun defenders down the side. Not as many assists as I'd like, but he has contributed in goals, getting on the end of the ball in the box.

Marcel Sacramento - M C, ST - Sacramento is the boss of the midfield again this year. His long shot is among the best I've seen.

Erlend Persgård - ST - Boateng's partner from season has started contributing his fair share of goals as well. Second in the league, he and Boateng have formed into the best and most offensive striker pair in the league.

Fosu Boateng - ST - League leader in goals, Boateng has also learned to pass when he can as well as shown by his 9 assists. Boateng, Persgård, and Pedersen are all listed as the top three players in the league at this point.

Around the World

Barclays Premier League - Liga BBVA - Bundesliga - Serie A TIM - Ligue 1 Orange

Looking good for the top 2, and going up again.

Thanks, deltablue. I'm still hoping that the league table will begin to spread out, but so far, not the case. We're still leading it though and have regained our 3 point lead.

1 August 2014

From the News Ticker...

Frigg, a club who was expected to fight a relegation battle this year, has found themselves instead fighting for promotion and the Adeccoligaen title. It is expected that the ambitions of both manager Cerud as well as their Board will change to meet this possibility as they make their unlikely, yet historic push.

In this, we have new expectations and budgets.

Adeccoligaen: Achieve a respectable league positions

Wage Budget: $563 181 (+ $252 595 from pre-season)

Currently Spending: $400 358 (+ $162 823 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $131 112 (+ $46 037 from pre-season)

This increase tells me that our Board is serious about a promotion push. However, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll look for players to sign in this August transfer window. The squad I have got me here and I don`t want to disrupt it. We'll see what I find out there!

In other news, I finally got my Board to agree to a much needed improvement.

juniore.png

We have been upgraded from Basic to Adequate.

You're board seems to have a Friggin big bank account.

....I'll stop now.

Congrats, you win the prize for the 100,000th 'Friggin' joke made on the forum.

So long as I'm not the joke! :D

24 September 2014

From the News Ticker...

With Frigg manager Cerud leading his squad to the top of the Adeccoligaen, his exploits are not going unnoticed. The Canadian manager is starting to field interest from his native land. Vancouver Whitecaps manager Martine Rennie may be leaving after leading the MLS for much of the season. Cerud, who was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta but lived in Vancouver, British Columbia before moving to Oslo, may be persuaded to take over the winning club. For his part in the matter, Cerud was unavailable for comment.

jobz.png

The first job that I've been attached to and it's my home club! :) I'm not getting ready to jump ship yet, but if the opportunity comes, I'd have to seriously think about it.

Now, to our current season. We have five matches left in the Adeccoligaen and our goalscoring has dried up. Thankfully, so has everyone else's. Somehow, we've been able to increase our point lead to seven in total. However, these final five matches will decide who gets promoted to the highest level of Norwegian football and who remains behind.

Here is the table for the final five.

standingsk.png

2014 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

So, I got our Board in increae youth facilities and junior coaching and I get this...

youthg.png

Seriously? What am I doing wrong? I have never had even a moderately decent youth prospect in all of FM12, any career save. But this is the worst. Even my assistant manager thinks as much.

Great Season so far, just hold on for your lead and Promotion is yours.
You can do it! One more win and it should be yours.
Going really well. Im confident of a league title in the bag.
Keep it up and it's yours.Will be a good reward for a brilliant season.
Awesome so far mate!
Going up up up!

Thanks all! :)

2014 Season in Review

Adeccoligaen_horisont.jpg

1st Place - League Title Champions

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - There is no other way to say it. We got lucky. The second half of the season was often horrible to watch. Goal production dried up somewhat, which was hard especially given that we had the top two goalscorers in the league in the first half. One of those never scored at all in the second half and ended up sitting on the bench for the final few matches. We find ourselves promoted to the top league of Norwegian football, the Tippeligaen. However, many questions remain over what the squad will look like for next year because the current squad won't cut it.

The Cups

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup - We made the 3rd Round as our Board wanted but that was as far as it went. An epic penalty shootout was required to decide our fate. Unfortunately, it didn't go in our favour.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 64 (+ 6 from last year, 1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 20 (- 27 from last year, 2nd in league)

Average Attendance - 1 271 (+ 504 from last year, 12th in league)

Prize Money Made - $151 000

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Only one signing in the August transfer window, a new young rightback. This squad will definitely need work for moving into the Tippeligaen.

Tim Strøm Pedersen - D C, DM, M C - Best player on the squad. A dominant force in defense, which helped us greatly improve our goals against.

Fosu Boateng - ST - Lead the league in goalscoring even though he slowed the pace in the second half of the season. I'm hoping he can make the jump up yet another league.

Finances - Our financial status has moved back up to Okay. We have done very well this year, helped on by the increase in attendance.

Facilities - We have just had announced an expansion to Frigg Stadium. Not really an expansion per se; they are basically making the stadium an all-seater. Should be finished in time for the new season.

stadiumf.png

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Build a competitive squad - Achieved. With a caveat...achieved for this level. We need to do it all over again next year.
  • Finish in the top 5 - Achieved with another legaue title and promotion!

Around the World

MLS

Plans for Next Season

I'm conflicted. The Board have offered by a two year contract, the first time they've offered a multi-year deal to me. In addition, I'd be moving with the club up to the Tippeligaen, the highest level of Norwegian football. However, that second half kind of disillusioned me. I'm wondering if these boys have started to not play for me.

Martin Rennie in Vancouver has renewed his contract for three years so the one job I was attached to will not happen. If I left, I'd be heading into the open market, which may not bode well either. It might be worth it to stick with Frigg for another season in a higher league and build up my reputation.

Suggestions accepted! :)

Great season! You may have faded a bit but it doesn't take away from the rest of the year :thup: I'd say stick it out one more season at least and see what you can do in the top flight.
Definitely stay for another season and see what you can do in the top flight. If it doesn't work out then leave!

Thanks, Scarman and Premier2k. Yeah, I figured I should probably stick around, especially given that we're promoted and there's no real prospects out there for me yet.

16 November 2014

From the News Ticker...

After securing promotion to the Tippeligaen with Frigg Oslo FK, manager Cerud has agreed to a one year contract extension. It was rumoured that Cerud may have been on his way out at Frigg Stadium, but the agreement has ensured the core of teh club will remain as they fight for survival in the highest level of Norwegian football.

joblh.png

Many congratulations on the league win, stadium increase and the new contract :thup: Hope you can do well in the Tippeligaen!

Thanks, PaulHartman71 :)

24 December 2014

From the News Ticker...

While the ink is barely dry on a new contract, Frigg Oslo FK manager Cerud has been tied to the open job with MLS club Portland Timbers. Cerud has been attached to the Vancouver Whitecaps before in the MLS; however, the Timbers seem to be actively pursuing the Canadian manager. Cerud, for his part, has not commented.

portland.png

While it's nice to be more firmly attached to a job, I can't in good conscience declare interest in Portland. Portland and Seattle are both fierce rivals of Vancouver. So taking either of those jobs would be akin to bathing in sin.

Definitely should have a bash at the Premier Division anyway.

Seems to be the general consensus :)

Congrats on the title win and stadium expansion :thup:

Thanks, BWG!

Excellent work in Norway. I'd stick around for a season in the top division unless a really good offer came in.

Such clean and tidy updates as well.

Thanks, Mike7077. I can't take complete credit for the format though. It's a modified version of what Raware was using a few years ago (I think it was Raware...). Anyways, I've actually modified over this year into what it is now.

20 January 2015

Frigg Oslo FK

From the News Ticker...

In a surprise move, Cerud has resigned as manager of Frigg Oslo FK. Given that the resignation came immediately after the club's initial pre-season meeting for their first step into the Tippeligaen, rumours has been running wild as to the reason. However, there is one glaring aspect; the club is still officially listed as semi-professional, making them the only one in the top flight of Norwegian football.

At the press conference outside of the renovating Frigg Stadium, Cerud stated, "My time at Frigg has been truly amazing. Together, we have been able to grow this club, win leagues, and become one of the top clubs in the nation. While [Chairman Erling] Fossen and I have different perspectives on the continuing evolution of club, I respect and am honoured to have been a part of Frigg's legacy. I wish them all the best in the Tippeligaen and their future."

resigne.png

Managerial Club Record

statsks.png

In my three and a half years with Frigg, I have much to be proud of. Our two league titles have moved the club into the top flight of Norwegian football. However, this also forced me into a decision. The club was remaining a semi-pro club, the only one in a professional league. Can anyone imagine a semi-pro club fighting for a UEFA Champions League spot?!?!

This also brought a new problem. I couldn't sign players. No player wants a part time contract in a pro league. Therefore, it was time to leave. I have no job prospects at the moment. But I don't expect to disappear! I will be back; I just need to find a job :)

Great work with Frigg! Hopefully you find another good club soon (preferably one with a similarly funny name).

Cheers, cswalk08 :) Working on it!

African CAF Cup of Nations 2015

150px-2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_logo.png

Group A: Ivory Coast, Morocco, Tunisia, Zambia

Group B: Senegal, South Africa, Egypt, Guinea

Group C: Cape Verde, Mali, DR Congo, Gabon

Group D: Nigeria, Cameroon, Angola, Burkina Faso

finalse.png

The Stats

Orange Africa Cup of Nations Dream Team

dreameb.png

Again, the Egyptian manager is gone. However, this time it is from resignation and not firing.

Well done on the promotion, cerud!

Does seem a bit daft that they aren't turning professional; that's just preparing for relegation, as far as I'm concerned, so I think I would have walked too :)

That's strange that they didn't turn pro. After the stadium and all the money they pumped into the club, it seemed like it was a pretty ambitious board. Understandable why you left, hope you find a new club soon!

Well done on the promotion, cerud!

Does seem a bit daft that they aren't turning professional; that's just preparing for relegation, as far as I'm concerned, so I think I would have walked too :)

That's strange that they didn't turn pro. After the stadium and all the money they pumped into the club, it seemed like it was a pretty ambitious board. Understandable why you left, hope you find a new club soon!
I can't say I blame you for leaving.Not turning pro was an idiotic decision by the board.
Stupid decision to not turn pro. MLS next again?
Utter idiots they are, especially as it meant losing you as manager.

Thanks all. Yeah, I was shocked that Frigg didn't evolve into a professional club, but that's their choice, I guess. There's no real MLS jobs right now because it's their off-season. No one's looking for managers over in North America. However, I have had some interest. I have taken a new job! :) I'll post more tonight. While it may seem like a step backwards, the league they play in is actually rated higher than the Tippeligaen, so I choose to look at it as a step upwards. Plus it gives me room to grow.

More to follow...

16 May 2015

From the News Ticker...

In a somewhat surprise appointment, Canadian manager Cerud has been handed the top job with Peterborough United FC. Peterborough, who recently finished in 8th place in the nPower Football League One, sacked former manager Peter Grant after he was unable guide the club into the playoff round in an attempt to regain Championship level football. Cerud inherits an experienced squad, yet it remains to be seen who will make the cut for next season as he will invariably move to shape the club to his fashion.

200px-Peterborough_United.svg.png

Peterborough United FC - nPower Football League One

After leaving Frigg, I applied to a few jobs. I was offered the position with Győri ETO FC in the Hungarian OTP Bank Liga, the top league in Hungary. However, I delayed my response until the end of their season as I was hoping for a higher level league (based on reputation) to come. I applied to a couple English Championship level sides and had some interest as well as clubs in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Croatia.

There were not many spots open because it was after the halfway mark on many leagues and before the beginning of the seasons that run in a single year. I had to wait until seasons were completed for jobs to open up again.

I've signed a two year contract at $140 000/year with the Posh. The squad actually doesn't look too bad, highlighte by their 8th place finish. However, the Board wants to be promoted. It'll be my job to make that happen.

About the Club

Peterborough United FC were formed in 1934 and were admitted into the Football League in 1960. In recent history, the club has bounced around from League Two to the Championship. Their relegation a couple years ago has left them hungry to return to the Championship in order to beat their highest even finsih of 10th in that league. In the trophy cabinet, Peterborough FC have two nPower Football League Two league titles.

The Stats

Year Founded: 1934

Nickname: The Posh

Fierce Rivals: Cambridge, Northampton, MK Dons

Other Rivals: None

The Stadium - London Road

Year Built: 1933

Capacity: 14 707 all-seater

Owner/Rent: $1.2M/year

Facilities

Corporate: Adequate

Training: Average

Youth: Adequate

Junior Coaching: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Here is London Road. Definitely bigger than Frigg Stadium!

222_large.jpg

The Transition

So, in moving nations, leagues, and teams, I thought I'd highlight the reputation differences of the leagues to show how far we've come.

Norway's FIFA Ranking: 75th

England's FIFA Ranking: 6th

Tippeligaen Reputation: 55th in Europe

nPower Football League One Reputation: 52nd in Europe

A move up, albiet a small one. However, there is more room to grow.

2015-2016 Pre-season

200px-Peterborough_United.svg.png

Peterborough United FC - nPower Football League One

The Stats

nPower Football League One: Win promotion

FA Cup with Budweiser: Reach the 3rd Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Not regarded as important

Media Prediction: 8th of 24

Betclic Promotion Odds: 33-1

Wage Budget: $5 649 030

Currently Spending: $5 410 080 (+ $238 950 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $4 925 912

Kit Sponsorship: $177 250 (ends 2016)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $27 960 (ends 2016)

General Sponsorship: $15 331 (ends 2016)

TV Rights Deal: $710 000

Average Ticket Price: $29.00

Average Season Ticket Price: $512.00

Season Ticket Holders: 3 848

Current Loan Debt: None

Estimated Value: $2.2M

National Club Ranking in England: 58th

Goals

• Promotion.
  • Turn in a profit.

Big budgets, finally!! While my promotion odds may not reflect it, I believe that there is a winning team here. I've already started to tailor the squad, trimming the bad and adding the good. I also have about 5-6 more players leaving the club in a week, which will ofter me even more wage cap space.

Nice move to Posh. Seems like its all in order for you to build the club up. Good luck.
Good luck at Peterborough.Hope you can meet the expectations and challenge for promotion.
Good luck going up first time.

Here's hoping! :)

Archived