[FM 12] Cerud's Tale of Amazement and Woe...Likely more woe...

cerud

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frigging good work on winning the title.Congrats on the new stadium,hopefully it will help in the long term and eventually expand into five figures.

And the award for cheapest joke of the day goes to........ :D.

Great season fella and brilliant work getting the new stadium :thup:.
Frigging good work on winning the title.Congrats on the new stadium,hopefully it will help in the long term and eventually expand into five figures.

Thanks, SRL88 and BWG. Kind of scared the new stadium will make me go broke before we even get it. But we'll see :)

Well that went well then... :thup:

Hopefully Boateng can continue to find the net in the next tier up.

He did well in the 2 matches where we played higher level clubs for the Cupen. I think he'll make the transition well.

Well done doing what I couldn't.

Cheers, deltablue :) A little bit of luck at times helped.

2013 Pre-season

161896_119868821411437_1678037_n.jpg

Frigg Oslo FK - Adeccoligaen

The Stats

Adeccoligaen: Stay clear of relegation

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup: Reach the 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 16th of 16

Betclic Promotion Odds: 80-1

Wage Budget: $345 446 (- $3 994 from last year's mid-season)

Currently Spending: $279 219 (+ $66 227 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $60 725 (+ $48 059 from last year's mid-season)

Kit Sponsorship: $124 138 (ends 2014)

Stadium Sponsorship: $292 560 (ends 2017)

TV Rights Deal: $314 000

Average Ticket Price: $18.80 (+ $5.10 from last year)

Average Season Ticket Price: $158.00 (+ $58.80 from last year)

Season Ticket Holders: 237 (+ 139 from last year)

Current Loan Debt: $4.5M

Estimated Value: $450K (+ $340K from last year)

National Club Ranking in Norway: 84th

Goals

• Do not get relegated.
  • Do...not...get...relegated. So important, it needs be mentioned twice.

The wage budget is tight as I still need to hire backroom staff. Hopefully, the majority of our squad from last year can make the jump up.

African CAF Cup of Nations 2013

150px-2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_logo.png

Group A: Nigeria, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Burundi

Group B: Cameroon, Ghana, Morocco, Zambia

Group C: Mali, Tunisia, South Africa, Sudan

Group D: Senegal, Algeria, Benin, Togo

playrr.png

The Stats

Orange Africa Cup of Nations Dream Team

dreamjh.png

Again, the only manager to leave is the Egyptian one. In 2012, the manager was fired. This time around, Hassan Shehata retired from management entirely.

Great season, well done on promotion! Good luck staying up.
Well done on winning promotion.

Thanks, Scarman and Nobby!

1 March 2013

From the News Ticker...

Every little bit helps. This will pay a player's wages for a year :)

sponsorg.png

2013 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

Norway - Strømsgodset IF - won 2-0

Norway - Grorud IL - won 3-0

Norway - Valdres FK - won 2-0

Norway - Jevnaker IF - won 6-1

Norway - Lyn Fotball - won 4-0

Norway - Holter IF - won 7-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - I'm happy with our progress in the off-season in terms of building the squad. We didn't have much to work with, but we are stil under budget. Ideally, I'd still like a quality left back, but that might not be possible this close the the beginning of the season.

Tim Strøm Pedersen - D C, DM, M C - Pedersen was our most expensive purchase at $18K. He comes to us from Nesodden, still in the Fair Play-ligaen Adveling leagues. However, he is more than good enough for this level and the move up has been welcomed by the Frigg faithful.

Marcel Sacramento - M C, ST - Sacramento is a Brazilian native, but has played since 2008 in Sweden. He's a solid midfielder with an eye for goal as well.

Pre-Season Thoughts

The build up to our first year in the Adeccoligaen has gone well. I was especially happy with our win against Strømsgodset IF in the pre-season as they are our parent club in the Tippeligaen. We've brought in needed talent and will hopefully look to fill another one or two positions as well. I believe that safety from relegation is possible, but will require timed wins. I don't expect to win outright, but a finish in the top 10 would be amazing.

2013 Mid-season

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Halfway through the season and we've played all other teams once now. It's been a good showing for us. We are overwhelmingly expected to be relegated and finish at the very bottom. Sitting at the middle of the table in such a competitive group is great. We did got through a difficult spell of losses, but we're able to turn it around and persevere. I still believe that we will survive this year.

Players of Note

Marcel Sacramento - M C, ST - Sacramento has been playing well in the midfield, dictating much of the play. He also has an absolute brilliant long shot, which has led to 3 highlight reel goals so far.

Fosu Boateng - ST - I'm happy that Boateng has been able to make the jump into the Adeccoligean. He is 5th in the league in goals and leads in Man of the Matches. While his production is down this year, I expected it in having to compete against better clubs. I have also named him as vice captain for his efforts.

Around the World

Barclays Premier League - Liga BBVA - Bundesliga - Serie A TIM - Ligue 1 Orange

Love this club's name! I suppose I would...

Good thread, this. Nicely presented. Well done on you're success. There's Norway you're going to get sacked.

Thanks, Mike 7077! Glad you like the format. Although...what was it Oscar Wilde said about puns? ;)

On another note, anybody notice where Chelsea finished in the BPL in my career? They staved off relegation only through a 2 goal difference! Definitely the mighty have fallen!

Going well so far. Keep it up :thup:.
Good to see you've made the step up,hopefully you can maintain that sort of distance from the relegation zone.

Thanks, guys. So far, so good.

More great work, 4 relegation spots out of 16 has always looked scary.

Cheers, deltablue! Yeah, 4 relegation spots is daunting. Keeping above will be difficult, but achievable.

interesting to see your progress in Norway, especially considering I'll be managing there soon and have no prior experience, looks like you're doing pretty well so far

Thanks, PaulHartman. Where are you headed to in Norway?

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2013

6820295_std.jpg

Group A: Jamaica, Canada, Costa Rica, Haiti

Group B: Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

Group C: Trinidad & Tobago, United States, Panama, Cuba

goldav.png

The Stats

CONCACAF Gold Cup Dream Team

teamjw.png

Doesn't appear as though any managers have lost their jobs over the results of the Gold Cup.

Wow. I just pulled up the salary per annum differences in my league. I think my league position is very good seeing how little I'm spending compared to other clubs!

salary.png

The only problem is that competing in the long run many be difficult...

Alright...this makes no sense. Yes, I have a loan that I'm repaying of about $4.5M. However, we are financially well off. We have over $700 000 in the bank and a profit so far this season of about the same. We are consistently turning a profit each month.

So...why this?

moneyh.png

I'm not complaining...just curious.

29 September 2013

From the News Ticker...

With five matches left to go for all clubs in the Adeccoligaen, the title and promotion is still up for grabs. While current league leaders, Sandefjord, seem to have a hold on the top spot, nothing has been guaranteed. Others are looking to knock off the leaders as the top spot has bounced between Bode/Glimt, and Kongsvinger throughout must of the year.

However, it is fourth placed Frigg Oslo FK that has most football fans talking. Only given 80-1 odds at the beginning of the season and expecting not only to be relegated but to finish dead last, the upstart club finds themselves within the race for the finish, albiet on the fringes.

With a potential promotion spot only six points away and with five matches still to go, could we see an upset? This reporter may just have to make a last minute bet.

standingsi.png

Never thought I'd be sitting here with 5 left!

2013 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

youthm.png

Wow...I thought last year's candidates were bad. This is just absurd... My assistant manager likes Ståle Engh, but god knows why.

Ståle Engh - GK - Really? That's the best my youth coaching could do?

Congrats on promotion for last season and it looks as if you could sneak in to a spot this season!

Massive.

Thanks, hursty2. Unfortunately, I had a fateful week, which has completely ruined any chance of that... It will make for interesting year end reading, I'm sure...

2013 Season in Review

5th Place

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - All in all, we can be very happy with how we did. Our longest losing streak was only 3 matches, which for the second lowest payroll in the league, our players are to be credited by how they came out. However, with five matches left to go, I noticed just how close we were to a promotion spot, only 6 points.

Let me spin you a tale of woe (Hey! That's in the title of this thread! ;) ). In that fateful fifth last match, I was handed down 4 suspensions. Yes...4 suspensions to 4 top XI starters. On top of this, Boateng, my top goalscorer was handed an additional two match suspension, which meant that he would only be back for the final game of the season. Apparently someone in the league hierarchy didn't want an upstart club with a funny name making a serious challenge. And then, to add to the ridiculousness, I had a player called up to his national team. Normally, that would be great for the guy. Unfortunately, it was my goalkeeper...of which I have no back up. I couldn't afford one because my wage budget is so low. So, I had to throw in a 16 year old whose skill suggests to me that he doesn't even know what a football is. After a 1-4 dubbing by the team in 2nd place, I think we'll be getting our goalkeeper back. Nope. He's from New Zealand and they have now qualified for the additional playoff for the World Cup Qualifiers. Great...

Funny this is, when I finally get my players back, we slaughter league title winners, Sandefjord and go on to win our final match as well. It leaves me wondering how well I could have done if I had those 5 players... Oh well.

The Cups

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup - I was not happy to exit the cupen to a club in a lower league than me. However, Ull/Kisa did get promoted, so we'll be seeing more of them next season.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 58 (- 9 from last year, 2nd in league)

Goals Conceded - 47 (+ 27 from last year, 12th in league)

Average Attendance - 767 (+ 476 from last year, 14th in league)

Prize Money Made - $130 000

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Three signings in the August transfer window, a new goalkeeper and an experienced midfielder. We also brought in a young left back as our current one is retiring in a couple months.

Tim Strøm Pedersen - D C, DM, M C - Our most consistent player on the defensive line. Added more than his share of goals from corners and free kicks as well.

Marcel Sacramento - M C, ST - A great playmaker in the midfield. Not a stand out player, but consistent in his job.

Fosu Boateng - ST - Boateng was able to make the jump up to the Adeccoligaen, being the 5th best goalscorer in the league. If it wasn't for his 3 game suspension at the end of the season, it would have been much more.

Finances - Our financial situation is...odd. As soon as we took out our loan for our stadium that is being built, we have been listed as Insecure. However, we have made more money this year and are at the highest cash on hand that we have ever been. Yet, the Board still thought we needed a cash injection. Apparently, our $1M+ wasn't good enough.

Facilities - We have a new stadium that will be finished in January, so we will begin our season there. The new Frigg Stadium (yep...Frigg Stadium) boasts over double the capacity. Still not sure why we needed it as we are only selling out 51% of our current stadium. We're also getting an upgrade to our youth facilities.

youth.png

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Do not get relegated - Achieved. A 5th place finish was more than anyone expected.

Around the World

MLS

Plans for Next Season

Honestly, I don't know. I've been offered a new contract, but I've delayed it for now. I haven't been attached to any jobs yet in my career, but I'm wondering if it may be time to move on anyways. Frigg will be fighting in the Adeccoligaen for years as they just don't have the fan base or budget for anything more yet. Do I want to grow a club over the next five years and challenge for the Tippeligaen, or do I leave the club and see what job I can find on the open market?

Nice, might have another promotion soon.
You can do it mate! Ive returned to the forum and just read the whole thread so far and youve done fantastic!

Thanks, deltablue and iHeadHunta x! Guess the concensus is to stick around :)

Nice work this season! You could feasibly get promotion next year.

Looking at the MLS, has Philadelphia fired Nowak like in my save?

Cheers, cswalk08. As far as Philly, yeah, Nowak was fired at the end of the 2011 season. After that, Dominic Kinnear was hired...then just fired at the end of this season. They have recently hired now Robert Warzycha.

9 November 2013

From the News Ticker...

Frigg Oslo FK have announced today the resigning of Cerud to a one year contract extension at $110 000. Cerud led the club to promotion a year ago into the Adeccoligaen. He has surprised many of the critics in propelling Frigg to a fifth place finish in their first year at their highest level. At a news conference this morning, Cerud stated, "I am happy to stay at Frogner Stadion, especially to see the club into our new home at Frigg Stadium in January. This club took a chance on me two years ago, offering an unknown Canadian a job to manage football in Norway, one of the lifebloods of the nation. I look to continue to repay that generousity as we grow the club."

contractqw.png

Hats off to you, sir. Good work in Norway.

Cheers, Mike7077 :)

7 December 2013

From the News Ticker...

FIFA, the governing body of world football, has announced the groups for the 2014 World Cup set to take place this coming summer in Brazil. Canada, who came out on top of the CONCACAF Qualifying stages, has been entered into Group E alongside Portugal, Kuwait, and Uruguay. This will mark only the second time for Canada competing in the World Cup, their first time being in 1986 in Mexico.

FIFA World Cup 2014

4596_L_fifa.jpg-l.jpg

The Group Stage Draw

Here are the groups...

Group A: Brazil, Cameroon, United States, Ukraine

Group B: Gabon, Syria, Russia, Italy

Group C: Spain, Ecuador, Japan, Czech Republic

Group D: England, DR Congo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Paraguay

Group E: Portugal, Kuwait, Canada, Uruguay

Group F: Australia, Turkey, Ghana, Croatia

Group G: Argentina, Slovenia, Jamaica, South Korea

Group H: Chile, Ireland, France, South Africa

Canada has a tough group. While Kuwait should be fine, Portugal and Uruguay will be the expected qualifiers to the later stages.

5 January 2014

From the News Ticker...

Frigg Oslo FK have announced a new kit sponsor, doubling their previous deal. It is believed that Frigg's promotion as well as general reputation increase enabled them a better bargaining position for their new deal.

sponsorr.png

2014 Pre-season

The Stats

Adeccoligaen: Stay a safe mid-table position

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup: Reach the 3rd Round

Media Prediction: 12th of 16

Betclic Promotion Odds: 50-1

Wage Budget: $310 586 (- $34 860 from last year)

Currently Spending: $303 347 (+ $7 239 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $85 075 (+ $24 350 from last year)

Kit Sponsorship: $248 275 (ends 2016)

Stadium Sponsorship: $292 560 (ends 2017)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $16 728 (ends 2015)

TV Rights Deal: $357 000 (+ $43 000 from last year)

Average Ticket Price: $20.60 (+ $1.80 from last year)

Average Season Ticket Price: $173.00 (+ $15.00 from last year)

Season Ticket Holders: 334 (+ 97 from last year)

Current Loan Debt: $4.1M (- $400 000 from last year)

Estimated Value: $1.1M (+ $650K from last year)

National Club Ranking in Norway: 72nd (gained 12 spots from last year)

Goals

• Build a competitive squad.
  • Finish in the top 5 again.

I'm kind of pissed off at the drop in wage budget, especially since we turned a profit last year and have received a better sponsorship deal and increase TV money. This is the kind of thing I was worried about at this club. I'm willing to stick it out, but we'll see how the competition is and where we fit in. I've got no problem jumping off a sinking ship! ;)

However, with this in mind, I have moved some of my transfer budget into wages as I know I can sign quality free transfers. My new budgets are as follows:

Wage Budget: $357 760

Transfer Budget: $37 901

This should enable me to sign the players I still need to mount a good challenge to the season.

Even though you were so close to promotion it's still a great season and not one to be blinked at!

Promotion could be on the cards next season with the right signings. :thup:

Thanks, hursty2. Although if I get promoted, it'll be a miracle. The top clubs are outspending me almost 10-1 :eek:

24 January 2014

From the News Ticker...

Today, the Board of Frigg Oslo FK opened the gates to the new Frigg Stadium. In moving to their new home, team manager Cerud stated, "We have been looking forward to this moment all year after the Board announced the construction. Not only do we have room to grow, this new home is also ours. Owning your home is always better than renting from others. This is a home that we can be proud of and that we can build a history within."

relocation.png

stadiump.png

Frigg Stadium *giggle*

errr.....I mean congrats on the new stadium!

Great work. Hopefully the money will flow in :D.
That's a bigger Frigg (Stadium).

Yeah, there's just no way around it. It's a funny name :)

Good finish to the season,will be interesting to see if you can surpass that placed finish so god luck for the new season.

Thanks, BWG! Here's hoping!

25 March 2014

From the News Ticker...

With the first match of the season just ten days away, Frigg Oslo FK have announced the completion of their new youth facilities. Club manager Cerud was on hand to discuss Frigg's youth ambitions. "When I first started here, Frigg didn't even have a youth system to speak of. When we finally brought in a youth squad, we knew that it would take time to develop. These new facilities will help us grow local youth talent and realize their dreams."

youthd.png

facilitiesd.png

Our facilities have now moved from Minimal to Basic.

2014 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

Norway - Modum FK - won 3-0

Norway - Strømsgodset IF - won 2-0

Sweden - Norby IF - tied 1-1

Norway - Lillestrøm SK - tied 1-1

Norway - Elverum IL - won 3-0

Norway - Lyn Fotball - won 4-0

Norway - IL Runar - won 6-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We've brought in some younger players as well as tried to fill out positions that were lacking. I think there has been some modest improvements to the squad from last season; however, we will see how this helps us in the long run.

Shiva-Star Yves-Appolinaire - D LC - A quality left back was probably our main objective in this off-season. While Yves-Appolinaire is young, he is much better already than my two other options. This is mark his first play outside of Gabon.

Virgile Boumelaha - D RC - Two of our centrebacks were leaving as they just weren't good enough to start at this level. Boumelaha has experience and quality that we need. He played his youth football with Sochaux in France, but has spent his adult career in Switzerland, Finland, and Denmark.

Sami Sakka - M RLC, AM RL - Our left wing from last year is showing increasing signs of degrading skill. Sakka can play either side, but will spend most of his time on the left. He has played his entire career in Norway, most recently with Lyn in the lower leagues.

Pre-Season Thoughts

Last season, we had the second highest number of goals so I'm, not worried about offence. However, our goals against is much to be desired. We brought in our new goalkeeper in last year's transfer window, and I was sure to be have a back up this year! :) We have improved the defence mostly so I hope that will help us bring a greater goal difference in our favour and more wins in general.

Archived