World Cup European Qualifying Section

• England
  • Montenegro
  • Ukraine
  • Moldova
  • San Marino
  • Poland

Ukraine Vs San Marino

Ukraine is the first test for San Marino. Ukraine have a World Rank of 50th! They have some very good players, such as; Anatoliy Tymoschuk, Artem Milevskyi and Andriy Pyatov. It could be fair to say that San Marino have played and beaten a better team (Mexico), so there is plenty of hope going into this one!

First Half...

10th Minute: Zangari is moving in on goal, but finds his path blocked by the Ukraine defence, he decides to go backwards to Finke, who picks out Lorenzo first time, Lorenzo goes for the bottom left hand corner! Nice shot, but curls just wide!

40th Minute: There hasn't been much action for the past 30 minutes, but Ashario is stepping up to take a San Marino corner... GOALLLLLLLL!!! Ashario curls it straight onto Marino's head! Trademark corner from San Marino! You can always count on Marino putting those in, as he hardly ever misses! Ukraine 0 - 1 San Marino!

43rd Minute: Finke picks out Zangari, he could go for goal here, but decides to put it through for Lorenzo... Horrible shot from Lorenzo, he will kick himself for messing up such an opportunity!

45th Minute: GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Another trademark corner from San Marino! Almost identical to the last! Ashario puts the ball onto Marino's head! Marino proves my last statement was true :D

Half Time...

San Marino are in front with two great corners from Ashario, met by the ever present Marino! I'm going to adjust the tactics during half-time as I think the second half could be a bit more tough. I'm going to go with a shorter passing game and a Standard Strategy. I'm also going to pull the defensive line right back to a deep approach and mix the passing up to confuse our opposition. They will be used to us attacking down the wings, so I think mixing it up might allow us to take them by suprise. I'm also betting they might go for a more attacking approach, so i'll switch on the counter attack.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukraine Vs San Marino - Continued...

Second Half...

51st Minute: Walter Ashario picks up a yellow card for a professional foul.

55th Minute: Space opens up for Ukraine's Aliev and he has a pop on goal, but Moridin gets down well to push it wide.

66th Minute: Aliev goes for goal from all of 35 yard! CROSSBAR! What a shot! Lucky for San Marino, the bar was in the way!

Substitutes...

Alessio Gentile Off - Geraint Alacarde On

Walter Ashario Off - Jake Stothard On

Scevola Zangari Off - Daniel Park On

Gentile is struggling for fitness and Alacarde is doing well in his training to become an MC. Ashario is on a yellow card, so I don't want to risk losing him and I think Stothard can be a great presence on the field, which we seem to be lacking right now. Zangari hasn't played well and Park deserves another chance to prove himself, whilst we are winning.

70th Minute: Yarmolenko finds himself in the box and tries to lob Moridin from an angle! Moridin was very lucky there as the ball strikes the crossbar! He was in no mans land!

72nd Minute: A massive ball up from Finke puts Park clear on the right hand side, with Dork sprinting up the middle, both are clear and Park puts the ball across for Dork to finish! Disgracefull Pass!!! Park isn't doing himself any favours with a weak pass like that!

74th Minute: Lorenzo picks the ball up on the right hand side near the half-way line, San Marino are on the counter attack! He runs untill he reaches the box, but is being cut off by Stepanenko, he passes backwards to Davatzis who followed him up and Davatzis smashes a curling cross into the area... GOALLLLLLLLLLL!!! Dork slides in to reach the ball and guides it home! Koval had no chance of saving that! Ukraine 0 - 3 San Marino

Full Time...

Ukraine 0 - 3 San Marino

Man Of The Match: Richard Marino

Ukraine Stats

Shots: 13

On Target: 2

Possession: 59%

Fouls: 12

Woodwork: 3

San Marino Stats

Shots: 7

On Target: 4

Possession: 41%

Fouls: 4

Woodwork: 0

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 6.9

Davatzis: 7.7

Nick Adam: 7.5

Richard Marino: 9.3 (2)

Giuseppe Faci: 8.0

Simone Finke: 7.1

Alessio Gentile: 6.9

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.8

Walter Ashario: 8.3

Plob Dork: 8.3 (1)

Scevola Zangari: 6.8

Subs

Jake Stothard: 6.9

Geraint Alacarde: 6.9

Daniel Park: 6.9

Verdict: Two fantastic corners from Ashario, whilst Marino used his heading accuracy to guide them into the net. Ukraine proved they weren't a bad team, just look at the stats. However, their shooting accuracy is something to be questioned, but they did hit the woodwork three times! Edoardo Lorenzo was back in action for the National side, but I wasn't too impressed with his performance, despite a good decision to pass to Davatzis who set up Dork's goal. Simone Finke was his usual solid self in Defensive Midfield, whilst we had an appearance from Alacarde who has been training well in the Central Midfield position of late. We were very solid at the back and despite Ukraine having many shots, we made them take their shots from range, closing shop everytime they got close. Just a small note, the counter attacking option I switched at half time worked wonders and would have been even more justified, if Park hadn't messed up that chance to put a decent pass into the box!

World Cup European Qualifying Section

San Marino Vs Poland

San Marino World Rank: 70th

Last time out against Poland, San Marino walked away as easy winners (4 - 1). Poland are ranked 72nd in the world. San Marino's ability are world rank were much inferior to Poland last time round, but this time, San Marino walk into this game as the favourites!

Injury Report: Scevola Zangari was injured prior to this match, sustaining a pulled hamstring and is expected to be out for between 5 to 6 weeks.

San Marino Line-Up

GK - Matt Swain

DR - Davatzis

DC - Luke Corcoran

DC - Richard Marino

DL - El Toono

MC - Animosama

MC - Geraint Alacarde

AMR - Edoardo Lorenzo

AML - Jake Stothard

STR - Daniel Park

STL - Plob Dork

First Half...

7th Minute: Stothard moves the bal forward and works a pass through for Park... FOUL! Wolakiewicz takes down Park, but it's only a free kick on the edge of the area. Lorenzo steps up to take the free kick... GOALLLLLLLL!!! The keeper gets a hand to it, but the power is too much! Fantastic close range free kick from Lorenzo. San Marino 1 - 0 Poland

14th Minute: Davatzis with the long throw into the box, Ostrzolek gets a head to it, but is only able to help the ball on... Toono! So Close!!! Toono got a fantastic header on goal, despite being surrounded by two defenders, by the keeper gets a finger to the ball and just about managed to tip it over! Corner to San Marino... It comes to nothing.

24th Minute: Dork picks up a loose ball and advances on goal with speed! He goes for goal... Close call for Poland! He should have probably done better with that, but he went for power rather than accuracy...

30th Minute: Park with a horrible pass back, which Jelen intercepts... Jelen moves in on goal, but Corcoran is moving in on him, Jelen goes for goal and Swain makes a decent save! Corcoran did enough to put Jelen off there!

34th Minute: San Marino 1 - 1 Poland... Jelen gets into the area and turns Davatzis inside out, before pulling it back for Obraniak who smashes it in to the net! Swain had no chance.

37th Mintue: San Marino 1 - 2 Poland... Quick fire double for Poland and it's all going wrong for San Marino! Jelen moves towards the San Marino area, pulls it back for Mila who puts a fantastic ball through for Murawski... He puts his foot through the ball and Swain doesn't even move!

38th Minute: PARK! He's hit the post! What a chance! Animosama advanced on goal and found Park's run with a neat through ball! Unfortunate to hit the post with a fantastic strike!

Half Time...

San Marino are in trouble here and it's time for some substitutes to get rid of the dead wood on the field. I've gone for more roaming and more attacking, because I think that we have players who can cause Poland problems.

Substitutes...

Richard Marino Off - Giusseppe Leoni On

Animosama Off - Simone Finke On

Second Half...

48th Minute: San Marino 1 - 3 Poland Swain with a horror show in goal allows Poland to score! He pounces on the ball but totally misses, Jelen goes and collects while Swain is on the floor, he tries to recover and take up a position, but Jelen passes to Polanski who smashes it in.

55th Minute: GOALLLLLLLL!!! Stothard floats in a corner which is met by substitute Leoni! He made no mistake with finishing that! San Marino 2 - 3 Poland

Substitute - Animosama Off - Alessio Gentile On

61st Minute: Park lays it off for Lorenzo who takes a crack at goal, well saved by the Poland goalkeeper!

Full Time...

San Marino 2 - 3 Poland

Man Of The Match: Ludovic Obraniak

San Marino Stats

Shots: 10

On Target: 7

Possession: 48%

Fouls: 6

Woodwork: 2

Poland Stats

Shots: 11

On Target: 6

Possession: 52%

Fouls: 8

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 5.8

Davatzis: 6.9

Luke Corcoran: 6.9

Richard Marino: 6.4

El Toono: 6.9

Geraint Alacarde: 5.9

Animosama: 5.7

Edoardo Lorenzo: 7.5 (1)

Jake Stothard: 7.8

Daniel Park: 6.8

Plob Dork: 6.2

Substitutes

Alessio Gentile: 6.9

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.3 (1)

Simone Finke: 6.9

Verdict: A horror show from several of our players today, our strikers were embarrasing and slow, Animosama was a disgrace and Matt Swain was to blame just as much as anyone. Jake Stothard got a 7.8, but in truth, was slow on the ball and didn't create much of a threat untill he put the corner in. Edoardo Lorenzo was the only man on the field who made in impact. This will be a huge blow to our chances of reaching the World Cup and we will need to work hard to get back in it with our next couple of matches against England and Montenegro!

Mmm, Park seems like he has stage fright on the international arena, even though I hoped he would shake that off after some good performances in the CL. Maybe it'll be better to just keep him off the match squad for now, even though that's harder to do now with Zangari injured I suppose. Oh well, maybe one day he'll start showing his club form in internationals

Just so everyone knows, I didn't drop anybody, i'm rotating people, the only time you will get dropped is for the major tournaments, otherwise everyone should play around the same amount of games in friendlies and qualifications. So far, everyone has played at least twice this season. In other words, don't worry if you didn't play against Poland, it's only because you'd played more than the other person who can play your position.

As for the DMC position which only had Finke who can play it, to rotate Finke, we use the AMC position. I'm soon going be posting some vital information, such as Current Ability and Hidden Stats.

I will also reveal the squad for the World Cup near the end of the qualification stage which ends in a years time, so everyone has plenty of chances to impress me up untill then, with 12 games to go :)

Europa League Group Stage - Game One

Liverpool Vs Fiorentino

Liverpool are currently 7th in the Premier League so far this season and finished 5th last season, but only an incredible 4 points behind Champions Tottenham Hotspur. We already know that Liverpool are a massive club, but this goes to prove that they may be more difficult than we thought. The biggest threat will be Edinson Cavani who they have just splashed £24mil to aquire. He has scored 6 goals in 4 games for Liverpool and plays alongside Luis Suarez. They also have a lot of match winners, but lucky for us Steven Gerrard is injured.

Injuries... Luke Corcoran (2 Months) & Ben Goldsmith (6 weeks - 2 Months)

First Half...

7th Minute: Liverpool have broken through and Bueno is one vs one with Moridin, he charges out of goal and throws himself towards the ball, Bueno panicks and goes for glory but misses the goal! Good thinking from Moridin to put him off.

18th Minute: Charlie Adam passes to Toni Silva, Silva slips it through for Bueno... Decent save from Moridin to deny Bueno.

23rd Minute: Kuyt puts a wonderfull ball through for Pacheco, he hits it from an angle, but Moridin gets down quickly to push it wide! Good Save!

34th Minute: Kuyt is given El Toono problems on the right hand side, he whips a very dangerous ball in, but Toni Silva can only head it over! Liverpool are all over Fiorentino!

39th Minute: Lorenzo with a free kick from near the half way, CASADEI! Wow, that almost slipped in! Unfortunately Casadei just couldn't stretch enough for it, all it needed was a slight touch to send it home!

46th Minute: Moridin with an absolutely fantastic save! Kuyt is causing real problems and slips through the defence and looked odds on favourite to score, but Moridin is in real form here! It's gone for a corner... Shelvey whips it in and it floats past Silva and straight to Bueno... Liverpool 1 - 0 Fiorentino Bueno made no mistake in slotting that one into the net!

Half Time...

Fiorentino are really suffering here, they have had no shots at all in the first half and Liverpool are stopping them from playing their usual possession football. I'm going to switch things round a bit and go with the long balls and counter attacking football! It's the only way we are going to stand a chance here.

Formation Change: 4 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 (1 DM, 1 MC, 2 Strikers)

I've moved DiSalvo up front with Plob Dork as he has 18 Long Shots. I've decided to keep Ashario and Lorenzo on the wing, because DiSalvo isn't fact enough to cover those positions.

Second Half...

45th Minute: Plob Dork picks up a ball from the defence and goes on a run, eventually reaching the area, picks his angle and takes a shot! Great save by Doni. The resulting corner comes to nothing...

63rd Minute: Moridin kicks the ball far up the pitch which DiSalvo takes down with one touch, turns and fashions a beautifull chance for Plob Dork, Brilliant save by Doni! Ashario take the corner, but lands it on the back of Nick Adams' head! He has no clue whats going on!

67th Minute: Chance for Liverpool as Pacheco puts it on a plate for Silva, what a miss! Fiorentino got lucky their, Moridin had no chance of saving it if Silva got that on target!

71st Minute: Pacheco gets into the box and forces a decent save out of Moridin, well positioned from the young goalkeeper!

72nd Minute: Ashario picks up a clearance from his own defence and DiSalvo is clear in front of him, but he decides to take it all the way from his own half, a defender catches him up, forces him out wide and his resulting cross is a waste! DiSalvo will be furious!

74th Minute: Lorenzo with pace! Fantastic created chance for himself, but Doni does well to save it! It's gone for a corner... GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Ashario lands the ball straight on Nick Adam's head! We all know he doesn't miss! Liverpool 1 - 1 Fiorentino!

75th Minute: Moridin with a brilliant save to deny Pacheco! Gabriele Genghini picks up an injury in the process... Liverpool try to take advantage, but Flanagan puts the ball out sportingly!

Substitution... Gabriele Genghini Off - Simone Farabegoli On

83rd Minute: Goal for Liverpool... Wait... The assistant has raised his flag for offside! Flanagan has put a great ball in the box which Shelvey finished, but it's been given as offside! Fiorentino still have a chance here! The Liverpool players are furious.

84th Minute: Toono throws the ball to Dork, Dork puts a great ball in the box for DiSalvo to head him, but he gets it wrong and its gone clear over the bar!

87th Minute: Fantastic chance as Lorenzo puts a cross in for Dork, but the Liverpool defender gets in the way and Dork stumbles over! Liverpool are defending for their lives here late on!

91st Minute: GOALLLLL!!! Another goal chalked off for offside! If only Dork had held his run for a few more seconds! Toono put a fantastic ball over the top for a counter attack, but Dork was slightly offside and the goal wont count!

Full Time - Liverpool 1 - 1 Fiorentino

Man Of The Match: Arawn Moridin

Goals & Arawn Moridin Saves

[video=youtube;cvY5UCUv80g]

Liverpool Match Stats

Shots: 15

On Target: 7

Possession: 48%

Fouls: 11

Fiorentino Match Stats

Shots: 6

On Target: 3

Possession: 52%

Fouls: 2

Player Ratings...

Arawn Moridin: 8.7 (MOM)

Gabriele Genghini: 7.0

Nick Adam: 7.9 (1)

Mattia Casadei: 6.9

El Toono: 7.2

Simone Finke: 7.3

Alessio Gentile ©: 6.9

Lukio DiSalvo: 6.9

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.1

Walter Ashario: 7.1

Plob Dork: 6.9

Sub - Simone Farabegoli: N/A

Verdict: I believe that Fiorentino were very lucky in the fact that, Liverpool didn't respect them. They put out a weakened side, probably due to Fiorentino's reputation. I still think that Fiorentino got lucky in this match and all thanks to a spectacular display from Arawn Moridin. You can always count on Ashario and Adam linking up at some point from a corner, and Fiorentino took full advantage of that! The first half was a disgrace, but that was definately down to the tactics as Liverpool were too strong for the possession football to be effective, but I changed it round at half time and went full on at Liverpool and we created 6 chances, compared the the 0 chances in the first half. I think that if we had another striker, we could have caused Liverpool more problems, but DiSalvo wasn't comfortable as a striker and Dork was struggling on his own. Lets hope Fiorentino get further in this competition, build up a reputation and bring in a good striker as backup for these sorts of situations!

Please Note: I will be adding videos of goals from both teams and good saves from our goalkeepers during a match. This should add a little extra to the updates and was also a request from one of our goalkeepers, so that its more interesting for them.

You can always view my videos in 720p HD

Champions League Group Stage - Game 1

Olympique Lyonnaise Vs Domagnano

Domagnano have to face their toughest opponent of the season so far! They go into this game with an injury to Scevola Zangari, which will unfortunately keep the red hot striker out for up to 4 weeks. Daniel Park will partner up with stand in striker Steven Venerucci. Lyon have some decent players out on the field, including Hugo Lloris in goal, Mario Balotelli who is on loan from Manchester City and Lisandro Lopez up front. It does appear however, that Lyon underestimate Domagnano, having left several players on the sidelines. Domagnano are a strong team going forward, despite not having Zangari and could cause Lyon some problems!

First Half...

12th Minute: Balotelli works himself and angle for a shot, but Swain saves comfortably...

13th Minute: A mistake from Domagnano allows Lopez through on goal, he goes for the lob! FANTASTIC SAVE! Swain looked to be beaten, but he some how manages to get a strong hand to the ball to push it over the bar!

17th Minute: Lopez is through again, but Swain will be thankfull that Lopez shoots way wide!

27th Minute: Free kick and a yellow card for a Lyon player... Stothard takes the free kick and it's perfect for Marino! Lloris is well positioned and snatches it milimetres from Marino's head!

36th Minute: RED CARD!!! Venerucci is put through and takes it to the edge of the box, Mensah who picked up the yellow card in the 27th minute slides in and takes Venerucci off his feet! The referee has no choice but to send him off! There were suspicions of a dive from Venerucci. Stothard with the free kick, it's floated in and Animosama gets a big head to it! Brilliant reaction save from Lloris! The corner comes to nothing...

43rd Minute: Stothard with a free kick on the edge of the box after a foul and yellow card for Lopez! It's on target, but Lloris reads it well!

Half Time...

Everything is going to plan so far, Domagnano are playing well and holding off Lyon, now to take full advantage of the red card! Come on Domagnano!

Second Half...

51st Minute: Venerruci puts a fantastic ball into the box for Stothard, he goes for glory! Lloris is there again to save the day! He's going to be tough to beat!

64th Minute: Park with an effort!!! Lloris is surely man of the match as he gets down well to stop the shot! Unlucky Park. Horrible corner from Stothard!

70th Minute: A great ball from a Lyon defender puts Lopez clear through on goal! Swain proves that Lloris isn't the only good goalkeeper on the pitch with a great save to deny Lopez!

78th Minute: Balotelli has a pop from distance, but that was never going to trouble Swain!

84:40 84th Minute: Another fantastic stop from Swain! Reveillere goes for glory from a difficult angle, but it's a good shot, but Swain is too good and stops yet another shot!

89th Minute: Faci with a nice pass up for Park, he moves in on goal and tries a low shot, but Lloris is there yet again!

Full Time: Olympique Lyonnaise 0 - 0 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Davatzis

Matt Swain Saves + Red Card

[video=youtube;ei-2BaNZj1g]

Olympique Lyonnaise Match Stats

Shots: 14

On Target: 9

Possession: 47%

Fouls: 16

Domagnano Match Stats

Shots: 7

On Target: 6

Possession: 53%

Fouls: 7

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 7.2

Davatzis: 7.8

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.7

Richard Marino: 7.5

Giuseppe Faci: 7.3

Stefano Duffinci: 6.8

Animosama: 6.8

Jake Stothard: 7.2

Geraint Alacarde: 6.8

Daniel Park: 6.9

Steven Venerucci: 6.9

Verdict: A very tough game for Domagnano and they can be happy coming out of this with a point. The defence was superb today, with Matt Swain making a couple of good saves and Davatzis picking up man of the match. Unfortunately the attack wasn't as good, but Hugo Lloris is a top goalkeeper and proved that with some fantastic saves to stop Park and Co sending the ball home. I'm slightly worried by Geraint Alacarde's recent form, with no indication as to why he's not performing.

Good result at Anfield I say. It'd have been perfect if our goal was allowed and won 2-1 in the last moment :) Solid performance from Domagnano vs OL as well but I believe that red card had impaired OL a lot.

Current Ability & Hidden Stats Revealed

Arawn Moridin

Current Ability: 158

Consistency: 20

Important Matches: 20

Almost As Good As: Petr Cech

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Jose Manuel Reina

Matt Swain

Current Ability: 155

Consistency: 10

Important Matches: 10

Almost As Good As: Gianluigi Buffon

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Iker Casillas

Davatzis

Current Ability: 141

Almost As Good As: Best Player In World In His Position

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Best Player In World In His Position

Ben Goldsmith

Current Ability: 145

Almost As Good As: Maicon

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Could Become Best Player In World In His Position

El Toono

Current Ability: 135

Consistency: 9

Important Matches: 8

Almost As Good As: Philipp Lahm

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Could Become Best Player In World In His Position

Giuseppe Faci

Current Ability: 150

Consistency: 8

Almost As Good As: Best Player In World In His Position

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Best Player In World In His Position

Richard Marino

Current Ability: 150

Almost As Good As: Ricardo Carvalho

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Vincent Kompany

Luke Corcoran

Current Ability: 142

Almost As Good As: Gabriel Milito

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Gerard Pique

Nick Adam

Current Ability: 147

Almost As Good As: Gabriel Milito

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Gerard Pique

Giusseppe Leoni

Current Ability: 151

Almost As Good As: Ricardo Carvalho

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Vincent Kompany

Simone Finke

Current Ability: 146

Almost As Good As: Andre Santos

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Sergio Busquets

Alessio Gentile

Current Ability: 149

Almost As Good As: Yohan Cabaye

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Xavi

Animosama

Consistency: 7

Almost As Good As: Mauro Formica

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Wesley Sneijder

Lukio DiSalvo

Important Matches: 8

Almost As Good As: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Cesc Fabregas

Stefano Duffinci

Current Ability: 148

Important Matches: 5

Almost As Good As: Chinedu Obasi

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Cristiano Ronaldo

Edoardo Lorenzo

Important Matches: 2

Almost As Good As: Ibrahim Afellay

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Cristiano Ronaldo

Walter Ashario

Current Ability: 151

Important Matches: 3

Almost As Good As: Marko Marin

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Luka Modric

Jake Stothard

Almost As Good As: Samir Nasri

Geraint Alacarde

Current Ability: 149

Important Matches: 16

Almost As Good As: Wesley Sneijder

Daniel Park

Almost As Good As: Carlos Tevez

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Samuel Eto'o

Plob Dork

Current Ability: 144

Almost As Good As: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Fernando Llorente

Scevola Zangari

Consistency: 16

Important Matches: 9

Almost As Good As: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Could Become As Good As / Better Than: Fernando Llorente

Oh boy! Gentile could be as good as or even better than Xavi but he's just a Yohan Cabaye right now :( Stats looking good, here's hoping I can set up a god training sched for him to develop into a better Xavi as it was who I looked up to while creating him.

Seeing people as good as Tevez or Sneijder at this moment is a bit demoralizing though, Cabaye trying to build up play for the likes of Tevez :D

Wow! Just WOW! Moridin is immense! And he's still got the highest CA of the lot, though Matt Swain has improved more since the last time CA was revealed. Swains not far behind now :)

Europa League Group Stage - Second Game

Fiorentino Vs AEK Athens

Europa League Group K - The current standings...

AEK Athens are probably the weakest team that Fiorentino will face, but as we have seen recently with San Marino, playing a weaker team isn't always a good thing and the players can get complacent! Having said that, i'm sure Fiorentino will be looking for the 3 points today and possibly a decent scoreline. They still have a makeshift back 4 however, with Luke Corcoran and Ben Goldsmith still out injured, and the fresh injury to Gabriele Genghini who was the preferred Right Back with Goldsmith injured. Mattia Casadei has been given the nod in place of Genghini.

First Half...

8th Minute: Michalopoulos finds the ball at his feet on the left, puts a fantastic ball through for Vasileiou who slots the ball under Moridin with ease... Fiorentino 0 - 1 AEK Athens

18th Minute: A decent ball in for the AEK Athens Right Midfielder, Dellas heads... Just over the bar, a bad start here for Fiorentino!

43rd Minute: A massive ball up from Casadei, perfect long ball, but Dork is impeded momentarily by Tatsis, but keeps the ball, it appears the chance has gone... He moves back in the box with pace... Tame shot from Dork...

Half Time...

Yet again, Fiorentino's usual possession football isn't working too well with only 56% possession! I'm going to go for the change as we've had one real chance on goal, which isn't enough!

Second Half...

50th Minute: Lorenzo with a free kick, curls it into the box and gentile gets a head to it! Hits the post!

62nd Minute: Ashario puts a beautifull cross in front of goal and Lorenzo only had to smash it in from close range, but his shot from 5 yards out was really bad and the keeper collected easy! He should have finished that!

65th Minute: Lorenzo has one defender in front of him and 3 Fiorentino players to his left! He passes forwards to Dork, but DiSalvo moves towards the ball and trips over Dork, they both go down and the defender collects! What the hell was DiSalvo thinking! He effectively tackled his own player whilst a glorious chance goes begging!

66th Minute: DiSalvo picks out Dork who goes on a mazy run! Tame shot yet again! The AEK Athens goalkeeper is having an easy game.

67th Minute: Dork takes on the defence before clipping the ball towards goal... Just over the bar, but I think the goalkeeper had it covered.

Full Time... Fiorentino 0 - 1 AEK Athens

Man Of The Match: Vasilis Pappas

Fiorentino Match Stats

On Target: 5

Possession: 53%

Fouls: 9

Woodwork: 1

AEK Athens Match Stats

Shots: 8

On Target: 4

Possession: 47%

Fouls: 21

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 7.1

Mattia Casadei: 7.3

Nick Adam: 6.9

Raffaele Carlini: 6.9

El Toono: 7.3

Simone Finke: 6.9

Alessio Gentile ©: 6.8

Lukio DiSalvo: 6.8

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.8

Walter Ashario: 7.2

Plob Dork: 6.9

Verdict: A disgracefull performance against the team they expected to beat home and away. AEK didn't particularly play well, but scored the goal that was needed. DiSalvo is probably to blame for a massive opportunity missed, tackling his own player, Plob Dork... After these first two matches, you can probably say Fiorentino aren't good enough for Europe this season.

Wow! Just WOW! Moridin is immense! And he's still got the highest CA of the lot, though Matt Swain has improved more since the last time CA was revealed. Swains not far behind now :)

Mate we are under appriciated in this game haha everyone else gets the glory but we go around doing what we do haha, now were solid and its good competition for hopefully the World Cup Squad if we can make it

I'm worried about Geraint Alacarde's form too.. T-T.. Is he playing in his natural AMC position? If he is, try making him a trequarsista or other roles.. If he is in MC, maybe a box to box? Love his hidden stats though..

so i see 'could be best player in position' then i see 'could be as good as cristiano ronaldo' excited, i look at mine 'could be as good as Vincent Kompany' :(

My guy's the same. Kompany has a CA of 175 which is still amazing.

Ok guys, for some reason it didn't save last night, so I have to redo the CSKA game and AEK Athens. It's unfortunate for Domagnano as they won 5 - 2, but lucky for Fiorentino because they lost 1 - 0 and very annoying for me because I already posted one update and had the CSKA update typed up nearly.

Champions League Group Stage - Game Two

Domagnano 0 - 0 CSKA Moscow

Man Of The Match: Arkady Morev

Domagnano Match Stats

Shots: 6

On Target: 2

Possession: 63%

Fouls: 13

CSKA Moscow Match Stats

On Target: 3

Possession: 37%

Fouls: 9

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 6.7

Davatzis: 7.2

Federico Righi: 6.9

Richard Marino: 7.3

Giuseppe Faci: 7.4

Stefano Duffinci: 6.9

Animosama: 6.9

Geraint Alacarde: 6.9

Jake Stothard: 7.0

Samuele Bugli: 6.9

Daniel Park: 6.8

Verdict: CSKA ended up with a red card early on, but Domagnano couldn't take advantage and looked average throughout the game. This is unfortunate after the last time round, the team managed to pull off a 5 - 2 victory after an early red card!

Europa League Group Stage - Game Two

Fiorentino 3 - 0 AEK Athens

Man Of The Match: Nick Adam

Fiorentino Match Stats

Shots: 19

On Target: 8

Possession: 54%

Fouls: 3

AEK Athens Match Stats

Shots:8

On Target: 1

Possession: 46%

Fouls: 17

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 6.9

Mattia Casadei: 7.3

Nick Adam: 8.6

Raffaele Carlini: 7.1

El Toono: 7.8

Simone Finke: 7.0

Alessio Gentile: 7.0

Lukio DiSalvo: 8.2 (1)

Edoardo Lorenzo: 8.1 (1)

Walter Ashario: 8.6 (1)

Plob Dork: 7.6

Verdict: A lot better than the first time round, the Fiorentino players will be very happy with this result! The whole AEK Athens team were a disgrace, which allowed Fiorentino to run them down.

Archived