SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough loss to Bayern in the league but your still in with a shout.Hopefully you can beat Copenhagen to move onto the next round in the CL.If Hoffenheim is one of the teams you want to manage then I'd say go for it,there is nothing better then achieving success with one of your favoured teams.

I have absolutley no idea why I wrote Spurs! Think I'm still in holiday mode. Obviously I meant Hoffenheim, you should've known that ;):D :D

I think drunk, but you can stick to your story :brock:

Tough loss to Bayern in the league but your still in with a shout.Hopefully you can beat Copenhagen to move onto the next round in the CL.If Hoffenheim is one of the teams you want to manage then I'd say go for it,there is nothing better then achieving success with one of your favoured teams.

Im not sure if I can leave Gladbach in the middle of this project to be honest. I have become quite attatched to them.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-148.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-66.png

So I decided to reject the Hoffenheim job and immediately asked for a new contract which the Chairman was delighted to offer me. I am enjoying my time at Gladbach and I dont think I am anywhere near done yet.

Looking good on the Europe front to qualify, in the league the loss to Bayern could prove costly but you're still well within the fight. I sense your side still is a cut just below the very top but a good run in the 2nd half of the season or some reinforcements in the following seasons, and you'll get that Bundesliga trophy and/or a run deep into the Champions League.

Anyway Gladbach is already a lot stronger with you than it has been for decades.

Looking good on the Europe front to qualify, in the league the loss to Bayern could prove costly but you're still well within the fight. I sense your side still is a cut just below the very top but a good run in the 2nd half of the season or some reinforcements in the following seasons, and you'll get that Bundesliga trophy and/or a run deep into the Champions League.

Anyway Gladbach is already a lot stronger with you than it has been for decades.

I agree with you that we arent on the level of Bayern & Bayer to compete all season long. They are massive clubs in this division and as shown, Bayern have dominated the league since I started this save. Its going to be very difficult for me to topple one of them, nevermind both, but we are building towards that long term and maybe in another season or two we might get there. My first aim however is to finish second so that we can avoid the Champions League Play-Off's. I am sensing that I could be at Gladbach for a similar length of time to Liverpool.

Good luck pushing them that final step.

Cheers fella :thup:.

Surprised you didn't take the Hoffenheim job :D That said seeing as you aren't ready to topple Bayern yet after a few seasons in Gladbach it is for the best you stay there because you'd just be going backwards without even finishing the job.

To be honest, I am in the middle of something with Gladbach and even though I really want to manage Hoffenheim, now is just not the right time.

Thought you might of been persuaded to take the Spurs job...

...I mean Hoffenheim job :D

I could slap you...

...until you added the end bit :brock:.

In all seriousness, I was tempted as I really want to manage Hoffenheim, but as I have previously stated, I am in the middle of something with Gladbach which isnt really a short term project so I couldnt leave.

It'll be rewarding to move Gladbach into the top teams of the Bundesliga. Definitely a long term project, but good to see it through.

Well we are definitely amongst the top teams now, its just a case of taking us further.

Still going along well - only four points behind in the league, and just about there in the Champions League with what should be a routine game to come.

Also completely agree with the decision to stay at Gladbach and rejected Hoffenheim - the job isn't done yet!

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - December 2038 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-31.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-29.png

A very good month for us as result eslewhere help us out, but also due to the fact that we remained unbeaten. We were very poor against Schalke and were dominated for the whole 90 minutes to be honest, but a second half goal from Popa was enough to give us all three points. A top of the league encounter against Leverkusen was very boring indeed, but despite the fact that Leverkusen took the lead, we came back and grabbed a goal to give us a point. We rounded off 2038 in style as we destroyed high flying Bochum 5-0.

December 2038 - Continued

DFB Pokal 3rd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3-9.png

A cracking win for us against Frankfurt. Despite the fact that it took extra-time, this was a brillaint 2-1 win. This brilliant win set up a game at home to Kaiserslautern in the Quater-Final.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-26.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-44.png

As expected, we comprehensively beat Copenhagen to make it to the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League for the second year in a row. Of course a Fiorentina/Ateltico draw made it look better but I am still pleased. We bossed the game to book a tough tie, as expected, against Man Utd in the First Knockout Round.

Still going along well - only four points behind in the league, and just about there in the Champions League with what should be a routine game to come.

Also completely agree with the decision to stay at Gladbach and rejected Hoffenheim - the job isn't done yet!

Cheers dude. I appreciate it :).

I completely agree with the Gladbach/Hoffenheim comment and I echo what I have already said.

SRL88's Career - January 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-32.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-30.png

A brilliant way to get back into things after the winter break. We played Hannover off the park with our slow, controlled play and just worked our way into the box all game long. We smashed four past them to complete a very comfortable win. We followed this up with a fine performance away to Mainz as Xaba & Lima picked up the goals to give us a solid 2-0 win.

DFB Pokal Quater-Final

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-27.png

A superb performance against Kaiserslautern as we made them wish they didnt even bother turning up. We completely embarrassed them and they just didnt stand a chance. The win set up a tough tie away to Dortmund in the Semi-Final.

Transfers - In

Nicolas St-Louis - £19.75m - A class act of a winger who will add a lot of class to our side.

Maarten Ploeger - £4.1m - Transfer listed at Man City so I thought thank you very much. With Vorel ageing and his contract up at the end of the season, Ploeger is a ready made replacement. A debut goal didnt do any harm either.

Patrik Hlousek - £2.2m - We beat Real Madrid to his signature and every single one of our coaches gives him a 5* potential.

Solid month mate. 3 wins out of 3 and some excellent transfers, I really like the look of St-Louis.

Cheers dude :thup:. I'm really looking forward to unleashing St-Louis. Left back's in Germany wont know whats hit them.

You've broke it and it's only half way into the season! :D

Worse still, its from our main striker, not a midfielder.

Still pretty close and some excellent signings made.Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you get a tycoon or a mega rich consortium :D

Cheers fella :thup:.

SRL88's Career - February 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-33.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-31.png

A very solid month which was ruined by one result. We kicked off the month with a superb 6-1 win over Freiburg. We took the lead in the game and they pulled level, and that just kicked us into gear as we went on a rampage. This was followed up by a fine win away to Frankfurt before we battled to victory against Hoffenheim. We took the lead but Hoffenheim came back at us to give them a 2-1 lead at the interval. The second half brought about a brilliant comeback as we scored 3 goals in the space of 20 minutes with substitute Geoff McAllister grabbing a hat-trick from the bench. The result against Cottbus ruined our month as despite our domination, which resulted in 16 attempts at goal in the opening half hour. We then had a man sent off before Cottbus opened the scoring. Luckily, Lapa grabbed us a point with a fantastic free-kick.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-28.png

A brilliant win over the Mancs to give us a great opportunity of progressing. We absolutely dominated Man Utd in this tie to grab a fantastic 2-0 win.

You are really in with a chance in the Bundesliga - keep it up!! Nice win over United aswell. :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:. I couldnt really have asked for the season to have gone much better if Im honest.

Archived