SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Have just caugfht up with things from the past day or so................massive congratulations from me dude. :thup:

Not only did you manage to overhaul Bayern in the League, but you also gave them a bit of a bloody nose in the cup final! :D

The news of the takeover is pretty good really; more money brings greater expectation. With things staying as they are you'll be able to get on with things as have been doing.

Cheers Tom :D.

I was delighted to finish ahead of Bayern because usually in Germany, who ever does wins the league. I was massively surprised at how far they finished back as they were dropping ridiculous points in the second half of the season. Leverkusen wouldnt let up though!! Regarding the Final, we did hold on for the first half hour or so, but in the end we deserved it.

The only problem I have with no investment is that we will be around the same level for Europe so its going to be even tougher to push on and improve on that front.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That does suck................could at least understand it more if the fee was all upfront.

I would have understood it more if it was actually a good offer. He is a very good player. I would have wanted at least £15m if I was able to handle negotiations myself.

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2039/40 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Friendlies

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-39.png

A very good pre-season for us which kicked off with a brilliant win at Anfield. We then went on a tour of Iceland where we put in some very solid performances and grab ourselves three very nice victories.

German Super Cup

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-34.png

A game which we controlled for the most part, but a one which neither side really looked like winning. Marques gave us the lead with a cracking strike, but Leverkusen hit back, and in a game of few chances, it went to penalties. With both sides taking brilliant penalties, one miss from them handed us the tie as we managed to claim the German Super Cup.

Transfers - In

Just the one player brought in this summer, and that was only due to someone going behind my back and selling a player. I have decided to bring some youngsters into the first team this season, of which we have quite a few so there was little to no need to splash the cash really.

Kieran Kirkpatrick - £8.5m - Should be a cracking buy and results in us having four very good centre halves.

Transfers - Out

A few departures, with the standout being the sale of Dimitris Efthymiou to Arsenal behind my back. I decided to sell Kyllian Roussel to Italian side Novara who put in a cracking bid which I couldnt reject. The rest of the departures mainly consisted of loans with just one other sale.

SRL88's Career - July 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

DFB Pokal 1st Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-40.png

A very easy victory for us in the first round. It was nice for Ramic, who on his debut grabbed a brace whilst Max Koch also grabbed his first goal for the club on just his second appearence. The win set up a home tie against Koln in the Second Round.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-47.png

Well it isnt the easiest of groups, but I dont think its going to be anything we cant handle. Based off last season, we beat Man Utd at home & drew away, and beat Sampodria home & away. Celtic we should be looking at 6pts. Like last season, I will aim for 2nd place.

Sucks to lose Efthymiou like you did,nothing worse than a interfering board.Also congrats on winning the Super cup against Leverkusen!

Yeah it was a pain, but I am getting over it :p.

SRL88's Career - August 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-41.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-37.png

I couldnt have asked for a better start to the season to be fair. We kicked the campaign off with a solid win away to promoted HSV. Our following game, against another promoted side was helped by them giving a penalty away, and having a man sent off in the opening miniutes. We converted that chance and then breezed to a 4-0 win. This was followed up by a solid win away to Stuttgart before a very convincing display against Wolfsburg. They never had an effort on goal and we dominated the entire game.

Nice last signing there. Do you have two managers in the game? I can see the yellow box on the continue button with '2' in it?

I dont actually, which is something rather odd. I havent added a manager to the game once and I never do so that is weird :confused:.

Edit: Just had a look on my save now. Took the screenshot and replaced that one which doesnt. Went forward a few days and it has a '2' there. Not sure if its a bug?

Wow, read the entire thread in a couple hours and I am amazed by your patience and career. Must be hard to play this long without getting bored! Okay, it could be boring if you stayed with the same club but being a journeyman, an experience which I've never experienced this much, can make it easier to enjoy it the 2030s! Keep up the good work mate, I'll follow this thread hereafter, good luck en route to the Champions League title with Gladbach. Bundesliga is always entertaining with wonderful stadiums and high attendances! Any plan after winning CL with Gladbach?

Persson looks like a great player.

Yeah he should be a good signing.

Wow, read the entire thread in a couple hours and I am amazed by your patience and career. Must be hard to play this long without getting bored! Okay, it could be boring if you stayed with the same club but being a journeyman, an experience which I've never experienced this much, can make it easier to enjoy it the 2030s! Keep up the good work mate, I'll follow this thread hereafter, good luck en route to the Champions League title with Gladbach. Bundesliga is always entertaining with wonderful stadiums and high attendances! Any plan after winning CL with Gladbach?

Cheers dude :).

Glad you took the time out to read through it. I got slightly bored during my time at Boca which prompted me to quit and take a bit of time out of the game which seemed to give me the boost I needed. Prior to Boca though I was never bored at all. After Gladbach though I cant be certain. I would still like to manage Hoffenheim but time will tell on that one. Otherwise I will just see what pops up.

Glad you took the time out to read through it. I got slightly bored during my time at Boca which prompted me to quit and take a bit of time out of the game which seemed to give me the boost I needed. Prior to Boca though I was never bored at all. After Gladbach though I cant be certain. I would still like to manage Hoffenheim but time will tell on that one. Otherwise I will just see what pops up.

I'd also suggest you to have a 2nd term with Kirklarelispor. They are close to my hometown Tekirdag (about 30 miles) so I'd like to see you making them champions, or winning a CL with Galatasaray. You betrayed my favorite team! Just kidding, after winning titles in England, Germany and Spain you should also consider Serie A and Ligue 1 to have your own Royal Flush. :) Good luck!

Superb start to the season winning the Super Cup and then winning your first four Bundesliga games. :thup:
Good start to the season there

Cheers lads :)

I'd also suggest you to have a 2nd term with Kirklarelispor. They are close to my hometown Tekirdag (about 30 miles) so I'd like to see you making them champions, or winning a CL with Galatasaray. You betrayed my favorite team! Just kidding, after winning titles in England, Germany and Spain you should also consider Serie A and Ligue 1 to have your own Royal Flush. :) Good luck!

Ligue 1 doesnt really appeal to me I must say. I will probably have a stint in Serie A and there is also the possibility of a return to England.

SRL88's Career - September 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-42.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-38.png

We continued our 100% with another very good month. A brilliant first half display against Rostok won us the game. We werent at our best in the second period, but nor did they trouble us. This was followed up with a hard fought 3-0 win againat Bochum. They were the side who beat us on the final day of last season, ending our brilliant unbeaten run, and they gave us a good game here. An own-goal close to half-time gave us the lead and it was needed. The goal settled us for the second half and as Bochum were pushing, we hit them twice on the counter attack to close the gave out. We rounded the month off with a brilliant win away to Frankfurt, with Marques on top form.

September 2039 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-35.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-48.png

A brilliant start to our European campaign. We battled to a 1-0 win over Sampdoria in what was a very tough game. We then went to Celtic Park for our next encounter and dominated the entire game. We were a class above Celtic and romped to a 4-0 win.

Keeping up the awesome start to Die Bundesliga, and the form has carried over to the Champions League. Cracking. :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:. I couldnt be any happier with the start we have made.

Great career so far, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread. It's nice to see you met all your initial aims as well, especially the last one.

Cheers fella. Glad you have enjoyed it!!!

The shame!

I know :lol:

Yeah, I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake here, but still, well done on the fab league and cup double! Perfect start this term, too :thup:

I told you Marques would bag you 20 goals a season! If you ever need a chief scout... :p

Haha cheers dude. I have set one of my scouts names to AK22 now for your benefit :brock:

Storming start!

Cheers fella :thup:

First post since last night. Not sure how many of you followed the FMCU Awards, but I would like to offer a massive thanks to everyone who voted this thread, and me, for the FMCU Journeyman Career 2012. Cheers guys :thup:.

SRL88's Career - October 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-43.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-39.png

A rather mixed month for us. We had to battle for victory against Koln who held firm under our pressure. The draw against Dortmund is what I expected really. They were probably the better team, but we managed to take the lead in the first half. Dortmund continued to press but we held firm. That was until the final few minutes when they levelled things up. I cant say I was disappointed really because a draw was the least Dortmund deserved. The draw which followed against Jena was a annoying. I dont know how we reached double figures against them. We had 30 shots at goal, 18 of which were on target and 4 shots his the woodwork. A massive case of bag luck. We rounded the month off with a hard fought, but well deserved win away to Freiburg.

October 2039 - Continued

DFB Pokal 2nd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-36.png

A well deserved win, but it took us extra-time to get it. Koln took the lead in the game but we hit back almot immediately. Despite constant pressure, Koln managed to take us to extra-time. We continued to dominate, but it was an own-goal in the last minute which saw us through. We will face Bundesliga 2 side Kiel at home in the Third Round.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3-12.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-49.png

A very, very tough game. Man Utd were brilliant in this game, a lot better than last seasons knockout tie. We managed to battle our way to three points which I was delighted about as our next to games are Man Utd then Sampdoria away from home.

First post since last night. Not sure how many of you followed the FMCU Awards, but I would like to offer a massive thanks to everyone who voted this thread, and me, for the FMCU Journeyman Career 2012. Cheers guys :thup:.

Huge congrats SRL88, well deserved. It was this post that inspired me to start my own thread and I'm addicted to it now - there is no other way to play FM!!!

All in all, an excellent October. :thup:

Things would have been even better if we had just beaten Jena.

Huge congrats SRL88, well deserved. It was this post that inspired me to start my own thread and I'm addicted to it now - there is no other way to play FM!!!

Oh, and hard luck to tomtuck01..............

He'll live :brock:

SRL88's Career - November 2039 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-44.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-40.png

Yet another mixed month. We were given three very tough games this month so to remain unbeaten is nice, but our dominance in games is dwindling. The month started with a very hard game against Hoffenheim who really took the game to us. We really were on the back foot for much of this game, with Hoffe taking the lead twice in the game, only for Geoff McAllister to pull of level twice to grab us a point. We then went to Bremen where we grabbed a really big win. St-Louis gave us the lead early in the game, and Bremen levelled things on the stroke of half time. The second half was tense, but a typical poachers effort from Marques offered us all three points. The month rounded off with a tense and boring tie against Bayern.

November 2039 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-37.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-50.png

Two fantastic results away from home to garuntee our passage to the next round and also garuntee us top spot in the group. Despite how good Man Utd were at our place, we made them look average here as Popa popped up with a header from close range to give us all three points. Sampdoria put us under some serious pressure but we stood firm and managed to take a 1-1 draw away from Italy.

Archived