SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Just to inform you guys, the left mouse button on my laptop is ****ed. It means I am going to have to get it sent away for repair, so it could be up to 2 weeks before I am able to play my save again.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it? I much prefer tapping the pad. Had this laptop just about two years and I can't recall using the left button.

To scroll down the page etc it is. I have a wireless mouse, its just getting used to it after so long not using it :thdn:.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-54.png

Well we have well & truely been shafted here!!!

This is going to be so tough. Planning ahead, we will need to take 6pts from Sparta and win our home games against Chelsea & Barca then hope for the best.

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - August 2041 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-58.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-54.png

A very, very surprisingly slow start to the season by the standards we have set in recent years. The season couldnt have started any harder with a trip to Bayern but we more than matched them, probably being the better team. We took the lead inside one minute but gave it back almost as quick as we took it. Bayern took the lead just before half time, but just after the interval we levelled things. Just as the game was heading for a draw, and just like last season, in stoppage time Bayern scored to set us off to a dreadful start. I cant say the month got any better really. We struggled against Rostok and had to come from a goal down to get a point. We played better against Schalke but neither side really looked like scoring, although we had the better of the chances. Against Koln we started dreadful. We were 2-0 down after 15 minutes. Luckily, Ramic decided to get us out of the hole we dug ourselves into to grab us a point.

DFB Pokal 1st Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-50.png

Well this wasnt easy either. We trailed twice in the game, but came back to book our place in the next round where we have a home tie against Aue.

Final Bits of Business

Transfers - In

Bife - Free - An experienced goalkeeper signed on a free. All will come clear soon as to why I signed him, but having spent nearly his whole career with Dortmund, I think this could be a very shrewd signing.

Benjamin Schulte - £1.5m - A home grown player which was much needed. That was the reasoning behind this deal, but also the fact his potential ability is rated highly.

Transfers - Out

Well the reason I signed Bife is shown. The sale of Velimir Kelava swung things. Although I was prepared to try and blend him into the first team, a cracking offer from Porto meant I was unable to reject it prompting be back into the transfer market. I allowed Duje Tudor to leave to Championship side Derby on loan. They had been interested in him for much of last season so I allowed him to leave for first team experience. On the final day of the window Welle Mbaye left to Bochum on loan with an agreed fee of £1.6m.

Mexico_national_football_team_seal_svg.png

SRL88's Career - New Job Update - Mexico

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-185.png

Well following in my eyes what was the very surprising sacking of Hugo Garcia, the Mexican FA approached me to become the new manager of the National Football Team. I have been apprehensive to return to International Management following previous offers (Russia, Brazil), but I felt this was a great opportunity for me, with a Mexico side who caused me numerous problems when I was in charge of Brazil.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-82.png

So the aim is clear. Qualify for the World Cup. Like I said, I was surprised Garcia was sacked, as there are two fixtures remaining and we currently sit second.

You'll be very busy some summers.

Ive been bussier. When I was in charge of Boca we were finishing the season mid-late June, and then there was the possibility of a Copa America or World Cup with Brazil and the Copa America came very close to the start of the season in Argentina.

SRL88's Career - September 2041 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-59.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-55.png

An excellent month, and just what we needed after a poor start to the season. We dominated proceedings against Bochum and pretty much walked to a 3-0 win. It could have been many more, but I am happy with the result. We went to Freiburg in our next encounter, and I decided to hand Bife his debut in goal following a mistake from Benjamin Porter in Europe. His experience gave a lot to the backline as we were assured in defence and really held firm. Thats not to say that Freiburg were the better side because they werent. Two tap-ins from Nicolas St-Louis gave us the win. The month was rounded off with a very good 1-0 win over Stuttgart to hopefully get our season off & running.

September 2041 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-51.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-55.png

Well not the start I was wanting in Europe. The match was pretty even, but after Chelsea had a man sent off in the 70th minute we were handed the advantage. Not only that, but we took the lead in the 88th minute so to only take a point from there was very annoying. As I said, a mistake from Benjamin Porter gave Chelsea a gift.

SRL88's Career - October 2041 - Mexico

World Cup Qualifiers

MexicoFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

WorldCupNorthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-1.png

An excellent start to life in charge of Mexico. I brought the tactic with me from Gladbach and it worked a treat as we dominated things against the Americans. We rounded off qualification with an easy game against Jamaica. I made a few changes from what I would class as my 'first choice 11' after picking my first squad and we breezed to a 3-1 win.

SRL88's Career - October 2041 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-60.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-56.png

We continued our excellent turn around in form with another brilliant month. We actually fell behind against Ingolstadt but turn it around brilliantly. The following match was a very one sided game, but we could only manage the one goal, but it was enough to give us another 3pts. We rounded the month off with a very tough trip to Hamburg, but managed to come away with a cracking 2-0 win.

October 2041 - Continued

DFB Pokal 2nd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3-18.png

A result which turned out in our favour. We were level at half-time, but a brilliant second half performance gave us a 4-1 win which sets up a very interesting tie in the Third Round.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-52.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-56.png

Well I will be the first to admit that we pretty much need a miracle to qualify from this group. We made hard work of things in Prague but managed a 1-0 win. How we didnt win the Barca tie, nevermind lost it will bemuse me for a while. We made them look like an average team, not the European powerhouse but the two shots they had on target went in to leave us with it all to do.

You've come back to form well in the league after a poor opening month, but things are looking tough in the Champions League with trips to Barcelona and Chelea to come. Good luck, I have an unfortunate feeling you may need it. :(

Yeah the league form has been excellent, but I just cant see us doing it in Europe. I guess I will have to go all out for the Europa League.

SRL88's Career - November 2041 - Mexico

Friendlies

MexicoFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

A very confident performance in my first away game in charge of Mexico. I was really pleased with how we controlled the game with our slow build up. We took the lead just before half time, and after ringing the changes, we added a second goal after the interval for a very comfortable result.

Tough luck with the CL draw, still got a chance of qualification but will need to win in London or Barcelona.

Some excellent signings too :thup:

I cant see us qualifying now. We were shocking in Spain so it all rests on our result at Chelsea now.

SRL88's Career - November 2041 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-61.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-57.png

A very solid month on reflection. We started with a tough game against Dortmund, and with the game poised at 1-1, we scored 2 goals in the final 20 minutes to grab a 3-1 win. We were poor away to Leverkusen and deservidly found ourselves 2-0 down. A late goal gave us hope but we didnt have enough fight to find the goal which would have given us a draw. The month rounded off with two solid 2-0 wins to leave us sat three points off the top.

November 2041 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-53.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-57.png

Two massive differences in fortunes. We were poor in Spain, but held firm against Barcelona until the latter minutes. We had a few chances to draw level, but once Barca scored their second they soon added a third to seal the tie. A wonderful result in England has given us a slim chance of making the knockout stages. We raced into a two goal lead and despite Chelsea pulling one back in the second half, we held on for a major 2-1 win.

images-1.jpg

2042 FIFA World Cup Draw

WorldCupOverview_Stages-6.png

WorldCupOverview_Stages-2-2.png

WorldCupOverview_Stages-3-2.png

Well this is not going to be easy, I will admit that. I get to lock horns with Brazil for the first time since I left them which will be a pleasure for me personally, but a tough game. Croatia and Nigeria will also provide stiff opposition. If we finish second in this group, I will be happy.

Carry on where you are bud
Wow! That is a budget! Have to admit...I may be tempted.
It depends if you want one last hurrah before 13. Milan would give you the budget to claim a champions league trophy, but gladbach but be more rewarding

I have delayed the deal to give me a bit of thinking time.

Archived