SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Ohayon looks like an exciting prospect. :thup:

Fingers crossed he comes back a better player after a couple of seasons on loan.

Chris Ord is back legend. This is a great thread congratz on your award

He is indeed :cool:. Cheers as well :).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just finished and fully up to date. In a way im a little disappointed. Not quite sure how ill keep myself entertained at work now without 20 pages to look forward to lol!

I miss my old journeyman saves. Never got to this extreme though but they are the best kind of saves. Never ever start as one of the big boys.

My current save im currently top of the league with Viking FK in Norway. So busy with the birth of my 1st child, running a real football team and working (while reading your thread lol) I just dont get time to hammer through my save so its going nowhere fast.

Brilliant work though and keep it up. Im assuming by your game date even the youngster real player is long retired now as well as all current real life managers.

Few questions......I know you've stated your not interested in the french league but maybe towards the end of your career you could try break Lyons near complete dominance of the french league with a club other than PSG or OM.

Also im a home and away Norwich City season ticket holder (for my sins) and was wondering how they are getting on considering they start the game in the Premier League......or do I not want to know lol!

Few questions......I know you've stated your not interested in the french league but maybe towards the end of your career you could try break Lyons near complete dominance of the french league with a club other than PSG or OM.

Also im a home and away Norwich City season ticket holder (for my sins) and was wondering how they are getting on considering they start the game in the Premier League......or do I not want to know lol!

The French league doesnt hold a major interest to me, but that might change. It would take a tempting offer for me to go their though.

Norwich City - Not the best, I must say.

The French league doesnt hold a major interest to me, but that might change. It would take a tempting offer for me to go their though.

Norwich City - Not the best, I must say.

Oh dear....was just wondering whether to rip my season ticket for home and away up and save my money. Looks like over the next 20 years the best we have to look forward to is two 20th place finishes in the prem. Deep joy.

Agree with you about the french league. Never interested me either just noticed Lyons spell of dominance which is begging to be broken like bayerns was. lol.. Keep up the good work

Oh dear....was just wondering whether to rip my season ticket for home and away up and save my money. Looks like over the next 20 years the best we have to look forward to is two 20th place finishes in the prem. Deep joy.

Just become a Newport County fan. They are primed to be pushing for a place in the Premiership according to my game :brock:.

I see! Nice build they have going on after the other seasons FA cup win!

One of the nice things about playing a long save. Seeing other clubs on the rise (or fall). Guessing Portsmouth have not risen from the ashes yet. Anyone else surprising dropped many leagues or risen many leagues?

One of the nice things about playing a long save. Seeing other clubs on the rise (or fall). Guessing Portsmouth have not risen from the ashes yet. Anyone else surprising dropped many leagues or risen many leagues?

Stockport & Leyton Orient are chasing the play-off's in the Championship regularly. Cardiff are massive surprise as well. They are now a European chasing side in the Premiership.

The obvious stand out is Kirklarelispor who are in the Super Lig :cool:.

How long do you see yourself staying there for mate?

Im not sure. Im really enjoying it at the moment. I said pretty early into my time here that it could be a Liverpool length stay. Its going to take a massive offer for me to leave.

Yeah I am a bit like that on my save although I keep saying one more season just one more.

I would like to win the Champions League, but like I keep mentioning, I dont think we are at that level just yet.

I keep thinking we are a bit like Lyon in real life a few years back. They performed extremely well and consistantly got to the Quater-Final. We're kind of like that.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages_zps01a751a1.png

I am really pleased with this group. Sampdoria will give us two stern tests and Anderlecht could be a tricky away day, but there isnt anything in this group that has me troubled one bit.

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - August - 2040 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures_zps34bcb352.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages_zps3205d452.png

An excellent start to the season for us. We kicked the campaign off with a really hard fought win over Stuttgart. They gave us a really tough game and we had to battle really hard for the 3pts. We followed this up with a fantastic 7-0 win over Hannover. Ender Seker was brilliant on his first start for the club by grabbing a hat-trick in the 81st minute. Not to be outshined, Bruno Marques popped up in the last few minutes and also grabbed himself a hat-trick. We rounded off the month with a very good win away to Bremen. Prior to the game their manager Jerome Boateng said in the press how they would show us how far away from challenging for the title. Well Jerome, up yours!!!!

DFB Pokal 1st Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2_zps291afc0e.png

We made this harder than what it actually was. We raced into a 2-0 lead, but two mistakes from our goalkeeper allowed them to level things. Luckily we didnt let our heads dropped and grabbed a further two goals to seal the tie. This set up a Second Round tie against Karlsruhe.

Ibrahim Modkhali

Our last bit of business in this window. Signed for £10.5m. Well just look at this stats!!!

SRL88's Career - September 2040 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures_zps213ed6be.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages_zps45b5f245.png

A very mixed month to be honest. It was tough to watch at times. We started with a dominant performance against Kaiserslautern, but struggled infront of goal. They took the lead early in the game but we kept pushing. It was a goal mid-way through the second half by Bruno Marques to get us back into it, and despite our constant pressure, we just couldnt grab the winner. The game against Dortmund was frustrating in more ways than one. We started in dominant fashion but Dortmund took the lead against the run of play. We dominant proceedings from then on until we grabbed an equiliser in the second half. From then though, we just gave up and Dortmund took the lead and deservidly won the game from there on. We got things back on track with a win over top of the table Leverkusen (at the time) thanks to goals from Marques and Pobegalov. We rounded the month off with a late winner against Cottbus to keep us a couple of points off the top.

September 2040 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2_zpsb7965564.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages_zps846eda48.png

As expected, we were given a very tough game against Sampdoria, but a goal in the second half which rebounded off the post, and onto a defender then in was enough to kick our European campaign off with a winning start.

SRL88's Career - October 2040 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures_zps4a1d375e.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages_zps858935aa.png

A really good month which sadly ended in disappointment. We were on fire in our opening two games as we put six and five past Rostok and Bochum respecitely, as we ran riot. The game against Bayern, although a difficult result to take, was our best performance on their patch since I took over. We matched them all over the pitch, but a late goal gave them all three points as we had little to no time to reply.

October 2040 - Continued

DFB Pokal 2nd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2_zpse1e5ce12.png

A routine win over the Third Division side. We were on top from the first minute and it was just a matter of time before we broke them down, which we did in the form of Duje Tudor who scored his first goal for the club. He grabbed another and Ramic grabbed a brace himself to give us a comfortable win. We face a tricky trip to Stuttgart in the Third Round.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3_zps46ab6ba8.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages_zpsaa05525b.png

We started slowly in Switzerland, but soon found our stride and took the lead in the 23rd minute. That settled our nerves and we soon added a second through Marques. That goal knocked the wind out of Young Boys and we saw the game through comfortably. St-Louis added a third in the second half to make things look a little better.

Winning the Champions League with Gladbach would be a brilliant achievement but that offer is too tempting and I would probably take it to see if I can stop them under performing!
Looking at it from my point of view I would reject it. But if I was playing the game myself I would probably accept it. I think it all comes down to how much you want to win the Champions League with Gladbach.

Well in the end, I delayed the deal for a week, but in that time they approached someone else and he accepted the job.

SRL88's Career - November 2040 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures_zpse505770a.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages_zps5919dd46.png

We managed to bounce back from the Bayern defeat very well as we won all three of our games in November without conceding. We started with a solid home win against Wolfsburg. We faced a banana skin trip to Mainz in our next encounter and with the scores at 0-0 we had a man sent off. Neither side looked like breaking the deadlock, but in the 90th minute our captain popped up inside the 18 yard box and fired in an effort to give us the lead. As Mainz pushed in injury time, we hit them on the counter with Marques grabbing the second goal. We managed to battle our way past Schalke in our final game of the month in what was a top of the table encounter.

November 2040 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2_zps2c0f245a.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages_zps8e4296b8.png

Our European month kicked off with a very impresive home performance against Young Boys. We dominated the game from start to finish, controlling every aspect of the game to claim a thoroughly deserved 5-0 win to seal our qualification to the knockour stages. We went to Italy in our next game, and despite putting in a very good performance, they pinched a 1-0 win to give them hope of finishing top of the group.

Good choice to stay with Gladbach :) good to see facilities being completed :)

It often doesnt feel right leaving a club mid-way through a season, and that is the case here. Im kind of glad they opted to look elsewhere.

You're going along well in Die Bundesliga and have performed very nicely in the Champions League again.

I know in the end you didn't make the decision, but staying at Gladbach until the end of this season is what I would have done - just for a final crack at winning the Champions League.

Well done mate, as for the Inter job. I would have took it but its the type of job that will come around again.

Cheers fella :thup:. There will be plenty more offers to come about.

Congrats on reaching 1,700 mark :applause:

Cheers dude :thup:.

You're going along well in Die Bundesliga and have performed very nicely in the Champions League again.

I know in the end you didn't make the decision, but staying at Gladbach until the end of this season is what I would have done - just for a final crack at winning the Champions League.

Thank you kindly.

I think I will definitely give it this season, and without resigning see what offers come about. If there are any which tickle my fancy I will probably apply.

SRL88's Career - December 2040 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures_zps449165c4.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages_zps3a9f297c.png

A bit of a mixed month to be fair. We kicked things off with a dominant performance against Koln, but we just couldnt get the better of them. We deservidly took the lead in the game, but almost immediately conceeded. In our next game against Hoffenheim, we raced into a 3-0 lead, but a shocking second half performance almost saw us throw it all away as we conceeded twice to almost let Hoffenheim back into the game. We went to Frankfurt in our next encounter and despite being the better side we just lacked a cutting edge. They made the more of their chances to grab a 1-0 win. We got back on track with a comfortable win over HSV to leave us sat 3pts off the Schalke.

December 2040 - Continued

DFB Pokal 3rd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2_zpsef352e80.png

A truely unbelievable performance in Stuttgart as we swept away all my pre-match worries. We just destroyed them. Running riot we beat our opponents 7-0. We have been handed a home game against Bayer Leverkusen in the Quater-Final.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3_zps0b15db29.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-2_zpsf176da82.png

A very nice way to round off the Group Stage. We were at the races from the off and managed to go into the interval four goals to the good. We added a fifth in the second half for an easy win. We face a tie against Marseille in the First Knockout Round.

SRL88's Career - January 2041 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-51.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-47.png

Just the one league game after the winter break and it came in the form of a comfortable win over Stuttgart. We took the lead through a thunderbolt by Pobegalov and then Kieran Kirkpatrick headered us two infront. Ramic added a third in the second half to seal the game.

DFB Pokal Quater-Final

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-43.png

A very tough game against our Bundesliga counterparts. Ramic scored twice early on to give us a two goal advantage but Leverkusen hit back, making it 2-1 just before half time. Ramic sealed his hat-trick in the second half but Leverkusen pulled one back in the 90th minute to make stoppage time nervy, but we held on for the win. We face Bundesliga 2 side Nurnburg in the Semi-Final.

Transfers - In

Welle Mbaye - £500k - He will be a back-up in the full-back position and looks a solid one at that.

Lennart Bryrup - £900k - A good young goalkeeper who joins the club. I will be looking to send him on loan for a few seasons to gain first team experience.

Transfers - Out

Two big departures in the month, both of which I feel we pulled off excellent deals. The departure of Ben-Shushan was a cracking bit of business for us. He was essentially a back-up player for us and to sell him for £8.5m brought in some very good money. The big news was the sale of Lima. He has been a cracking player for me, but he has been injured all season thus far and having just came back, and the emergance of other players I thought it was best for us to cash in on him.

Archived