• Last Reply

120px-AC_Milan_svg.png

SRL88's Career - New Job Update - AC Milan

Name: AC Milan

Nickname: Rossoneri

Year Founded: 1899

Stadium: San Siro (80,018 all-seater)

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-192.png

So for the first time ever in my managerial career, I have left a club during the season to join another. I have my reasons for this which will become clear soon.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-3-40.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-193.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-85.png

Sport1_online_auf-weiss.jpg

Gazzetta-dello-Sport-Cham-001.jpg

Following the announcement that Steven Longstaff had opted to leave Borussia Monchengladbach to take the managerial post at AC Milan, both German and Italian journalists were present at the San Siro to hear from Longstaff.

'I sit here today as the new manager of AC Milan. Many people have questioned as to why I have decided to leave my post at Borussia Monchengladbach mid-way through the season, but this was a challenge I just could not turn down. Without disrespecting the clubs I have previously managed in Galatasaray, Atletico Madrid, Boca Juniors and Gladbach, this is without doubt the biggest club I have managed since my time at Liverpool Football Club. That for me, is a challenge which you do not pass up.

During my 30 years in management I have had ample opportunities to join some amazing football clubs, but I felt it was my duty to stay at the club I was at and finish my duty. This however was different for reasons I have already stated. Having spoken to my wife we both feel that this was a positive change for both of us. There has been speculation in the media as to whether money was the reason I took up this post, and there is no doubt that I am much better off financially by joining AC Milan, but money had nothing to do with my decision to leave Gladbach.

My decision to join this club was based solely on ambition. I feel I have a Chairman here who matches my own, and wants to see this club led to European glory once again, something this prestigious club has not done for 20 years. The package the Chairman put together for me to try and help get the club back to that stage was a brilliant one.

My time at Gladbach was probably the most enjoyable period of work I have had since I was manager at Liverpool, but there comes a time when a man just feels he needs to move on. That club was a great fit for me and everyone involved with the club from the Chairman, my staff, the players and the fans were nothing but fantastic towards me. I wish the club every bit of success in the future. They are well and truely in a title race and are still in with a chance of claiming their sixth Pokal in a row, a fantastic achievement, as well as a Europa League tour. I feel I put that club in a better place both on and off the field, and that is something I feel the club can continue, but now, my focus is on Milan'.

Bit off topic, but how many leagues are u running now and how many players in database? How is the speed?

Currently I run all leagues from Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Russia & USA with a large database and the speed isnt to bad actually.

I would take Sampdoria job :) Not bad challenge there.

Answered it dude.

Bloody hell, massive balance :eek: Good luck with AC Milan. Any decent youngsters?

Its an insane balance. I shouldnt have to many worries with going into the red :D. There are some alright youngsters in the youth team, but nothing amazing. Like the AC Milan we all know, its a bit of an ageing squad.

120px-AC_Milan_svg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2041 - AC Milan

Serie A

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures.png

SerieAOverview_Stages.png

Well my first game in charge came just two days after I took charge of the club against a side who also offered me their managerial post. This was a very tense game with not many clear cut chances, but we took the lead after 30 minutes. Just before half-time, Kok slipped one in pretty easy thanks to some bad defending to give us a 2-0 lead. After the interval Sampdoria pushed for a goal and had the better of play. Their goal game in the 73rd minute, but we held firm to get my reign off to the best possible start.

Crikey, there's some serious dosh in Italy at the moment! :eek:

Good luck in Milan, should be an interesting battle with all that money around!

It will be a pain in the arse until the end of the season as the players try to get used to my tactics mid-way through a season. I will try and reshape the team a little in the January window, but a lot of players are ageing so its difficult to shift them. In the summer though there could be a completely new squad.

120px-AC_Milan_svg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2042 - AC Milan

Serie A

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

SerieAOverview_Stages-1.png

An excellent first full month on charge of Milan. We kicked the month, and the new year off with a difficult trip to Genoa. In what was a very even game, Raoul Bond scored the only goal of the game on his debut in the first half. Genoa pushed hard in the second half, but it wasnt enough and we hung on for a valuable win. We fell behind in our match against Napoli but Bond levelled things up just before half time. That gave us the kick we needed in the second half and we soon took the lead within 10 minutes of the restart. In injury time we added a third to make things look more secure. In what should have been an easy game, we made things very difficult against Vercelli. It took a goal 10 minutes from time to give us the win. The final game of the month was a very difficult task against Lazio. Despite taking the lead in the match, Lazio pushed really hard and got their point in the final 15 minutes.

Coppa Italia 1st Round & Quater-Final

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Two massive changes in fortune. Everything we hit in the first round went in as we destroyed Pescara 10-1. This set up a tie against Fiorentina, and despite a very good performance the ball just wouldnt go in the net. They hit us twice on the counter to pinch a 2-0 win.

Transfers - In

Dann Cooper Tambwe - £7m - Mainly a one for the future, but will also be used now. We were lacking seriously in the AMC position so this guy came in. Potential is rated at 4* so over the course of my time here, he could prove to be a bargain.

Ender Seker - Loan - A former player of mine at Gladbach. Their new manager placed him on the loan list so I snapped him up. For 6 month, he will be a valuable player.

Florian Straus - Loan - Another loan signing. This was needed as our only left back was a 36yo. Rather than splash £20m or so on a full-back I thought I would bring one in for a short period of time and re-assess things at the end of the season.

Raoul Bond - £35m - The big money man!!! He is on big wages, but when I joined the club, despite having some solid options upfront they were all above 30yo. This guy comes in and is young, as well as class. He hasnt done himself any harm with 3 goals in his first 4 games for the club.

Tasos Christofi - £17m - Another of my former Gladbach players. I didnt have to think twice about this one. Much like upfront, all our centre halves were 30+, and despite him beng 28 he is in his prime. This will be an excellent signing.

Transfers - Out

Nothing really. They both wanted to leave, they both got their wish. Both players were aged 34 and both were on between £50-60k p/w. Stupid money best spent elsewhere.

Raoul Bond looks decent :cool: Not surprised to see you raided your former club :herman:

I have hardly raided them. Just wait until the summer.

Perhaps can get in a title race soon.

I doubt that. Palermo are a very strong team.

120px-AC_Milan_svg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2042 - AC Milan

Serie A

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

SerieAOverview_Stages-2.png

A very solid month for us. We kicked the month off with a comfortable win at home to Avellino before a very hard fixture against Juve. In what was a tight game, our new superstar Raoul Bond was the key man on two seperate ocassions to give us a very good 2-0 win. We were on the road for our next fixture and despite the fact that I would have liked to win the game and we were the better team, it was still a solid point. Against Parma we were quick out of the blocks and within 20 minutes we were two goals to the good. We added a third before half time to make things even more comfortable. This allowed us to see the game out with ease in the second half. The month rounded off with a very difficult draw away to Fiorentina. We were on the back foot for much of the game but managed to keep my unbeaten start in on a domestic front in tact which really pleased me.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

A perfect result in Turkey to give us a huge advantage for the second leg. We took the game to Besiktas and two valuable goals either side of half time were enough to give us a very good win.

Raoul Bond - great name and also a half decent striker! :p
James' cooler brother. He knows why martinis are supposed to be stirred.

He celebrates by revealing a t-shirt which simply says 'The names Bond'

Good month :thup:

Cheers fella.

120px-AC_Milan_svg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2042 - AC Milan

Serie A

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

SerieAOverview_Stages-3.png

A perfect month for us. We started with a very easy game against Siena which saw us put four past them. We struggled away to Modena and it was former player of mine, Geoff McAllister who gave them the lead. We battled back though, and after drawing level with 30 minutes to go, we pushed for a winner and finally found one in stoppage time. An easy game against Bologna followed, before we travelled to Novara which saw Ender Seker grab a brace as we walked to a 3-0 win. The final game of the month saw Raoul Bond terrorise their defence as we walked to a 6-0 win.

Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

ACMilanFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

Not the greatest performance in the world, but a professional one which saw us get the job done. We were comfortable at 2-0 before Besiktas pulled one back. We face Lyon in the Quater-Final with the winners facing Marseille or Fiorentina in the Semi-Final.

Poor Pescara! :D

Good to see Pro Vercelli back in the top flight :thup: (although it may not be for long, by the looks of things :()

Haha. There are some pretty interesting teams to me in Serie A, although as you say with Vercelli, I doubt they will last much longer.

Archived