Big Four Current managers

Year 2041.

Arsenal - Freddy Adu

Chelsea - Febian Brandy

Manchester United - Luis Ernesto Pérez

Liverpool - Ally Boyle (regen)

...or at least, that's for the traditional big four. Liverpool is actually in the Championship, United won promotion from there last season, and Chelsea is a mid-table team. The managers for the "new big four" in my save would be:

Middlesbrough - Henok Goitom

Newcastle - Luka Modric

Portsmouth - Steven Gerrard

(Arsenal - Freddy Adu)

2014/2015

Arsenal - Steve McClaren (just sacked from England, replaced by Tony Adams)

Chelsea - Me (money trouble, trying to save them from the rot)

Liverpool - Mark Hughes

Man Utd - Paulo Bento

Don't really have a big four anymore the Premier League has become very open.

2073/74

Arsenal

Carl Cook : - 63 year old English journeyman manager, joined Arsenal from Norwich in 2071. Has notably managed Newcastle, Liverpool and Rotherham.

Chelsea

Paul Gibson : - 42 year old 'young and talented' manager from Edinburgh. Joined Chelsea from Airdrie Utd, but before that managed Celtic to UEFA Cup glory.

Liverpool

Mikkel Johansen : - 37 year old Danish international in only his second job. (previously Messina). As a player, won every trophy in the game in the dominant Southampton side of the '60s, and also courted controversy by being one of the very few number of players who have transferred directly between Rangers and Celtic, Celtic bought him for £1.6m in 2057, only £100k more than Rangers origionally paid for him a year earlier.

Man U

Circo Valente : - 44 year old Italian manager, formerly fringe player in the national side. Highly talented manager who has achieved lots at the big Italian clubs, but this is his first club in England, he's been doing well (relatively), but is already under pressure. Spent the best days of his playing career at Ascoli, but previously played for Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesborough.

I am in 2013 and the big four in my game are as follows;

Arsenal Jose Camacho

Chelsea Joachim Low

Manutd Louis Van Gaal

Newcastle Kevin Keegan

Challenging them are

Man City Billy Davies

Aston Villa Martin O'Neil

Liverpool are a bag of pants and never make the top 6.

I'm in 2015, May.

IRL Top 4:

Arsenal - Frank Rijkaard. (Sp?) Brilliant manager tbh, has dominated with Arsenal.

Man Utd - Ian Holloway (!!!)

Chelsea - Stuart Pearce, only just took over from Avram though, start of the season.

Liverpool - Sam Allardyce Midtable all the time with many different managers, Sven for example, and haven't gone anywhere.

But in game:

Newcastle - Me :)

Arsenal - Frank Rijkaard

Chelsea - Stuart Pearce

Man Utd - Ian Holloway.

As you can see, for me the top four has barely been broken other than a few times by Reading and Man City. And England manager is Paul Jewell, has been for a while now despite doing nothing and getting knocked out of Euro 2012 by Portugal (on pens!!) and World Cup 2014 again by Portugal, in normal time iirc.

Real life top 4 in 2015:

Chelsea - Thomas Schaaf

Arsenal - Steve McClaren (oh lord)

Man Utd - Juande Ramos

Liverpool - Thomas Doll

2 Germans.

In-game top 4:

West Brom - myself

Chelsea - Thomas Schaaf

Tottenham - Brian Eastick

Arsenal - Steve McClaren

Tottenham has been messing with me the last two seasons. We're always butting heads.

In my game, in 2019 with myself managing QPR;

Man Utd: Pierluigi Casiraghi (732 days). Man U were a dominant force in the Premiership, winning every year between 2008-2011, then losing out to Man City for two seasons, only to win again the premiership and champions league double in 2014 and retaining the Premiership title in 2015. Since then the best they have managed is third, pushed out by Liverpool, Arsenal and QPR.

Arsenal: Albert Stuivenberg (1091 days). Only managing a best finish of second place five times between 2008 and 2017, Arsenal finally managed to win the league with two on the trot in 2018 and 2019.

Liverpool: Ernesto Valverde (1210 days). Never finished higher than second, which they have only done 3 times between 2008 and 2019. WOn the Champions league in 2008 and 2017.

Chelsea: Armin Veh (362 days). Finished third in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and won the champions league in 2009, but it has gone downhill from there. Slipping down one place every season until 2014/15, where they finished 17th, 1 point off relegation. Since then they have been more stable, but are nothing more than mid table also-rans.

The new big four; Arsenal, QPR, Man Utd, Liverpool.

Man City were up there for a while, but have slipped in recent years. Won the league twice in 2012 and 2013 to end Man Utd's domination, but have only finsihed around the UEFA cup qualification places since.

mine was a joke. in the 09/2010 season, it looks like this

arsenal - rafa benitez (8 position)

man utd - mancini (3 position)

liverpool - me (2 position)

chelsea - grant (9 position)

shockingly, first is newcastle united and fourth is reading

newcastle - pako (something at the back but not sure how spell. former liverpool ass. manager)

reading - jose morinho

i can never seem to find pako ayesteran on my game.

he should still be in the db, but he's not available to be signed because of how he left Liverpool.. the "gardenin leave" or whatever ya want to call it meant he couldnt be signed by another club for a certain amount of time, iirc

Big 4 in mine is debatable. Newcastle with Bert Van Marwijk are #1 every season but that's mainly because I built up incredible squad. #2 is Portsmouth with Roland Nilsson, who has been incredible as a manager every year.

Chelsea manager is Frank Lampard, Arsenal is Patrick Viera, Pool is Felix Magath, Man U is Dieter Eilts. This is in 2017.

It's like an unspoken rule. People generally don't like to know who is going to be great etc as it could spoil their game. Thats why people don't like it.

There is no unspoken rule about it and nobody minds. Just post it in the good player/player guide forum.

Now in 2019 in my current save:

Aresnal - David Moyes

Chelsea - Paul le Guen

Liverpool - Fernando Chalana

Man Utd - Paul Ince

Only two teams outside the "big four" irl to win the Premiership in my save so far are Blackburn (2014/15) & Norwich, who won it last season. It was a complete fluke tbh as it was only their 2nd season since being promoted & the came 13th in their 1st season. Norwich are now second from bottom in the Prem now :D

In Spain now, Barca & Real Madrid no longer dominate. Blarcelona got relegated two seasons ago, but hired Carles Puyol as manager & he turned things around. Both are mid table teams while Recreativo are by far the best with Luciano Spaletti as boss :D

Archived