dafuge's FM12 challenge

Short update.

GK Stephen Andrews wants to move to a bigger club, no one currently wanting him but Everton were interested before, even though they're also in League 1 and 4 points below me on the table. From prior history with Andrews I knew putting him back in his place wouldn't work but I wasn't going to promise he could leave, so I promised to sign better players to match his ambition.

In doing so I went on an extensive search that for some reason my scouts won't and scouted these two players.

John Akonkwo; Was on trial at Oldham at the time, having previously been at Wolves. Has a lot of improving to do but I think has enough tools to be a future target man style striker for the team http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx245/divvydan/JohnOkonkwoOverview_Profile.jpg

Andrew Jenkin; Released from Liverpool at the end of last season he was just hanging around. Brought him in on trial, signed him up immediately before all the bigger clubs could find out he was around. Once fit, he'll already be in my best eleven and if I can keep him, I think he has the potential to be an important part of our push for the Championship and then Premiership. http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx245/divvydan/AndrewJenkinsOverview_Profile.jpg

Also played one of the strangest games I've ever seen, had everything bar a yellow card. http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx245/divvydan/GillinghamvTootingMitchamInformation_Overview.jpg

Edit: And now we're back under transfer embargo.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '19-'20. League 1.

Kingstonian_FClogo.gif

L1 position: 4th League table Lost in play-off semis

FA Cup: 3R

League Cup: 1R

JPT: 1R

Summary: Progress Current squad Brought in a few players used to L1 and L2 to try and bolster the squad. Started well, and kept pace with the leaders, but dropped off mid-season during fixture congestion caused by FACup replays and weather postponements. Came back strongly to finish 4th, then got murdered by Millwall in the play-offs. It finished 4-3 on aggregate, but all 3 of our goals came in the 2nd-half of the 2nd leg, when we were down to 10-men. Ended up playing our back-up 'keeper in the run-in as the usually reliable Loris Karius was having nightmare after nightmare.

Transfers: Transfers A new left-winger and holding midfielder at the start of the season, and a new centre-back a few weeks in. Ex-Wolves striker Sam Whittall signed on a free, was absolutely rubbish and shipped off to Barnet after 5 goal-less games. He scored against us 3 weeks later.

Future prospects: Financially healthy, a few promising signings lined up for the summer, and the core of the squad staying on. Mason Bush and Connor Pead have around 300 games each for the K's, but are being let go as they are only adequate for this level, and I want better.

1213 - BSS 5th (lost in play-off final)

1314 - BSS 12th (FAT runners-up)

1415 - BSS 1st (promoted)

1516 - BSP 11th

1617 - BSP 7th (FAT semi-final)

1718 - BSP 5th (Promoted through play-offs)

1819 - L2 6th (Promoted through play-offs, JPT South area runners-up)

1920 - L1 4th (lost in play-off semis)

hi everyone! a friend of mine put me on to this challenge so i have decided to give it a go, first time i loaded it up i had the chance to play as fc united of manchester and I've previously played with them a few years ago, so i just took them first up.

we are still in our first season, made some pretty good buys, found an awesome player that would sign with us from Uruguay but can not get a work permit no matter how many times i try.

we are 2nd in the blue square north by 1 point and we play the leaders york in two games time. we are also into the final of the FA trophy, against forest green at seasons end, fingers crossed, some big names coming back from injury this week, Mitrovic my swedish striker and solovjovs my latvian right attacking midfielder who at last check was my equal leading goal scorer and leading goal assists.

hitchin.png

AndyMUFC - npower Championship - 5th - Season 2017-18

Media Prediction:- 24th

Board Prediction:- Avoid Relegation

My Prediction:- Mid Table

Table Graph Squad Best Player Transfers Finances

An excellent first season in the Championship with us making a good start, but then having a poor run of draws mid season, finally turning it around in the second half and pushed up the table to finish in 5th in the end. For our first go at this level was a very respectful result, may have been better but just couldn't beat Leeds in the playoff semi final losing 3-0 on agg.

During the closed season a total of 17 players were signed for a grand total of £250,000, going the other way 13 left due to being no longer in team plans plus 2 of the summer signings asked for mutual termination of their contracts during January window which I agreed to as they hadn't broken into first team and were complaining nearly every week, which was disrupting the club morale.

Finances were kept in order with us finishing with a profit of £197,505 which is good as spent £250,000 on players, £2,825,498 on wages and the bank loan repayments of £336,000 over the season. These outlays were covered mainly by the increase of attendences over the season, this was due to having the larger stadium and doing well in the league, also having all 3 cup games as home fixtures bought in around an extra £1,000,000 in gate receipts.

Tasks for next season:-

1) Reach Playoffs again

2) Improve Squad

3) Improve Finances

[u]Season	Division	         Pos  Pts   FA Cup         Other Cups	                    Europe       Achievements[/u]		

2012-13	Blue Square Bet North    2nd   78   2nd Rd         FAT 2nd Rd                       N/A          Promoted via playoffs
2013-14 Blue Square Bet Premier  4th   79   4th Qual Rd    FAT 2nd Rd                       N/A          Lost in Playoff Final
2014-15 Blue Square Bet Premier  1st   96   3rd Rd         FAT Final                        N/A          Automatic Promotion
2015-16 npower League Two        1st  105   2nd Rd         JPT 2nd Rd, Carling Cup 1st Rd   N/A          Automatic Promotion
2016-17 npower League One        1st  105   3rd Rd         JPT Q Final, Carling Cup 2nd Rd  N/A          Automatic Promotion
2017-18 npower Championship      5th   79   4th Rd         Carling Cup 2nd Rd               N/A          Lost 3-0 v Leeds in Playoffs

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2032/33 | Barclays Premier League

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

More wheeler-dealing over the summer, the highlight of which was the coup of signing England international Joel Mikiela, the goalkeeper I signed on a free in 2026, only to sell him to Fulham for £3m just 8 months later. He had been released after five up-and-down years at Fulham where the club yo-yoed between Premiership and Championship. I was hoping he would help us avoid this fate. United tested my resilience on Clarke-Harris, including a £3.3m bid. I actually don't think he'll turn into a top quality player, but he will get a bit better and as he's on quite a low wage, I want to wait until he's worth a bit more.

On that subject, I was gutted to see Phillip Baier in Man City's team for the first game of the season. I lost him on a bosman to Benfica, who sold him to the Blues for £15.5m two years later! Ouch! They beat us 1-0, a respectable result, but Baier didn't score, which made me feel a bit better. But things didn't improve fast. I got a draw away at Everton before losing at home to Arsenal convincingly, My first league win came on the 18th of September at home to Forest, our first Premiership win for 30 games, and followed this up two games later with a win at home to Ipswich, and when Chelsea visited us on 23rd October, we were on a 5-match unbeaten league run. Chelsea won 1-0, and we had a good goal disallowed. But to have lost 1-0 to both Chelsea and Man City, who are both 4* rep, behind only Man Utd, so no disgrace there. But on 30th October, this amazing game had me unsure whether to laugh or cry. So close to such a famous win, but a point at O.T. is never a bad thing....

And from there, we looked fairly secure for a while, and we got to 17 points, just one fewer than our total tally in 2031, on 20th November. After that, I was panicking a bit, and it took over three weeks before I managed to get up to that 18 points mark, home defeats to Liverpool and West Ham and an away defeat to Southampton coming between that date and the point we took from Sp**s at the sh**hole on 13th December. As is always the case, the two weeks either side of Christmas were going to be crucial as we faced Burnley (A), Birmingham (H), Fulham (A), Man City (A) and Everton (H) up to New Years' Day. In what is most definitely a bug, I played Birmingham on the 26th, Fulham on the 27th and Man City on the 28th! I kid you not, I was doing a pre-match press conference FOR THE MAN CITY GAME before I had even played Fulham! Still, I was aiming for ten points from those five to get us a significant part of the way towards survival, but I desperately needed at least seven within that run. The results?

Burnley 3-1 Harrow, Harrow 3-1 Birmingham, Fulham 0-2 Harrow, Man City 1-1 Harrow, Harrow 4-0 Everton.

So I managed to hit the ambitious target of ten points, which given the poor performance at Burnley was a fantastic effort. I then got the seven points in three days, which was fantastic. The Man City result was brilliant and of course meant I was not beaten in Manchester this season. The convincing win against Everton was really encouraging and probably the best performance of the season. After that run, relegation was not an issue this time around. But for a while, at least, it kept getting better. A famous win at Henry Stadium in mid-January was particularly special.

We coasted after that. I never really believed we could challenge for a European place, but relegation was so clearly out of the question. I was in 9th or 10th for most of the rest of the season from then onwards. Apart from losing to both Welsh teams at home, we beat the "lesser" teams and lost to the big teams - including three in a row against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. But that boded well for the run-in, as we had no big teams left - Spurs, in 6th at the start of the run and with the FA Cup Final on their minds, were the top team remaining on our fixture list.

Our last 8 results: Harrow 1-0 Leicester, Harrow 1-1 Southampton, Wigan 1-2 Harrow, West Ham 2-0 Harrow, Harrow 1-1 Tottenham, Harrow 2-2 Burnley, Birmingham 2-1 Harrow, Harrow 0-2 Fulham.

9 points from 8 games was really disappointing with that fixture list and wins against Southampton, Burnley and Fulham at home as well as West Ham and Birmingham away would have give us 13 extra points and 6th place, ahead of West Ham who would have had three points fewer. That's not unrealistic, and of course would have given us a Europa League place not to mention almost £5m more in prize money. Oh well.

Cup Runs were a big deal for me this year. I wanted a bit more Europa League action after getting my first taste last year. We started well with routine wins over Leicester and Wolves in the Carling Cup, before Spurs visited in the quarter-final. As had become our habit against big teams, we took the lead, but this time it seemed we would back it up as we doubled our lead early in the 2nd half. Spurs gave us a bit of a dose of squeaky-bum with about 25 minutes remaining, pulling it back to 2-1, but within a couple of minutes, we restored our two goal lead and another great cup victory was secure, albeit not quite on a par with the Semi-Final victory over Man Utd in the FA Cup two years before. We drew Liverpool in the semi-final with the first leg at Harrow Stadium.

However, before we could get there, other than league commitments, we had the small matter of Rotherham in the FA Cup 3rd Round - and they were dispatched with applomb by 6 goals to nil. The home leg against Liverpool was clearly not going to be as simple. But we played magnificently in the first half, taking the lead against a top team once more and going into the break 1-0 up. However, soon after the break we were pegged back. It looked like we'd lose, but we held on for a 1-1 draw which meant we had half a chance of nicking a place at Wembley in the second leg at Dalglish Park. Bizarrely, Liverpool's reserve striker, Andy Dalglish, was playing in the game - he doesnt list Kenny amongst his favoured personnel so I assume that, if he is Kenny's grandson (or even possibly great-grandson?? He was born in 2004), then this isn't an FM feature that you can actually see...either way, soon after half-time, it was he who provided the defence-splitting pass to give Liverpool the lead. With the Harrow players chasing the game, Karel Charvat gave away a careless penalty with 3 minutes remaining and the Wembley trip was taken off the menu. It was disappointing. But by way of consolation, Liverpool did lose to Man City in the Final!

A few days after the Liverpool defeat, there was some consolation with a massive 7-1 win at Fratton Park in the FA Cup 4th round - which equalled our biggest ever win. The fifth round, too, was straightforward, as we saw off Hull at Harrow Stadium in one of those games that was 1-0 going on 10-0. The last of the Championship teams in the cup lost to us, both Manchester teams and Swansea in that round so it suddenly looked much harder, although I did draw basement boys Nottingham Forest in the Quarter-Final, which meant a Wembley semi-final was a definite possibility even if a place in the final, and the associated Europa League place that would have been almost guaranteed, looked tough and would require another historic performance like the victory over United two years before. However, a shocking first hour against Forest meant that I didn't even get a shot at it. We battered the Forest goal in the final half-hour but could only get one goal, and suddenly the Europa League was almost certainly not coming to Harrow Stadium in 2033/34. It would have given me the chance for revenge on Liverpool in the Semi-Final, too!

During the season, I was in contract talks with several of my star players and unfortunately not all of them ended well. Bernard agreed a Bosman move to Cagliari on January 11th, and then Danny Boon, who has been so influential in my team for four years, agreed a summer move to Malaga on 14th January. Valued as he was at £2.3m and only 23 years old, I probably missed out on a pretty huge transfer fee there. If I'd sold them for money at that point rather than for nothing, I think for that pair of players, at the age they were, I could have got something in the region of £10m. Devastating. At the same time, Man City's ageing defensive midfielder Vitaliy Konovalenko was brought in quickly because Mpinda was off to the ANC with DR Congo. But he proved a remarkably good deputy. Then in February I successfully persuaded my board to sign a player for the first time ever in any FM. I didn't realise how it worked - the whole transfer was taken out of my hands, and within 4 days, he signed on for next season. Look out for the name Enrico Baggio next season! He's going to cost me £7m and no idea how much in wages, but he looks like a gem to replace Boon. He's not quite as quick as Boon, which is a shame, but he's bigger and better defensively. It simply means Cabello will be more important to the attacking side of the team from now on. Note that the finances screenshot includes the transfer fee for Baggio but his transfer will be shown with next season's transfers, along with what will probably be a spending record.

Key Players

Dimitri Boucher - top goalscorer by a distance, and I fear will be tough to keep hold of beyond one more year.

Jeremy Bernard - burst onto the scene half way through the season, and it cost us as we lost him on a bosman.

Jose Felix Cabello - after Boon agreed his move away, Cabello stepped up and did really well.

Brahim Messaoudi* - improved a lot - lots of assists and the most key passes in the side.

Danny Boon - though not as outstanding as I thought he would be, he's still going to be a big miss.

Paul Clarke-Harris - the step-up in standard meant he found it harder, but still did very well for a 19-year-old this year.

Regis Mpinda and Vitaliy Konovalenko- Mpinda is still the future, but Konovalenko was a great deputy while Mpinda was away on ANC duty.

(*= fans' player of the year)

Neumeier's absence is notable - I'm hoping that he's just adjusting to Premiership football but if he's not on that list next season it might be time to move him on.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Boon and Guilbert inducted, both to the bench.

Key Records Broken

Highest Average Attendance: 12,365

Highest League Finish: 12th in the Premiership

Valete (Or, key departures and their career stats)

VICTOR OBIORAH

Always been a fringe player and barely good enough for the Championship let alone the Premiership.

APPS: 56, GLS: 1, ASSTS: 9, MoM: 0, AvR: 6.92

BRAHIM MESSAOUDI

Wouldn't sign a new contract even though no-one else wanted him. Now has no club, and will probably retire before he turns 26 in 4 months.

APPS: 120, GLS: 31, ASSTS: 36, MoM: 9, AvR: 7.15

JEREMY BERNARD

Mentioned above - really annoyed that he felt the need to move in January, I was more than willing to give him a pay rise.

APPS: 30, GLS: 8, ASSTS: 7, MoM: 2, AvR: 7.19

DANNY BOON

The worst of the lot. Released by Arsenal after a loan spell in Serbia of all places, I signed him in 2028 and he was an instant hit from a young age. Whilst poor in the first Premiership season, he was great the second time around.

APPS: 170, GLS: 33, ASSTS: 42, MoM: 11, AvR: 7.16

Next season, with a facilities upgrade due in October, I'm hoping to push on fast. A Europa League spot, one way or another, is a must.

Targets for 2032/33

Survival in the Premiership. SUCCESS

Cup run - I loved being in the Europa League - it's less pressure than the Champs League, and I want to be in it as many times as possible while I build to being a CL team. SUCCESS to some extent. We did well in the cups but there will be no Europa League next year.

Aim for a stadium expansion, although I feel it's likely to be a couple of years away. FAILURE - there isn't even an option to ask the board at the moment. But I did get a facilities upgrade.

Targets for 2033/34

Get a Europa League spot for the 2033/34 season.

Improve our position in the league.

Try to make sure no star players are lost on Bosmans this year!

In other news, after beating Spurs in the FA Cup Final and a thrilling last-day clinching of the Premiership title, Man Utd beat Arsenal after extra time in Brussels to clinch their 2nd treble. They have now won the Champions' League seven times, four behind Real Madrid still. The Euro's at the start of the season saw Spain beat Germany to win their fourth consecutive European Championship - Serbia and Germany won in 2012 and 2016 respensively. The World Cup in 2034 is to be held Down Under - that should be interesting. The last unusual hosts - Qatar - proved conducive to strange results as Uruguay claimed the trophy by beating Italy and England, who had themselves beaten Brazil to get to the final. But Australia might feel heartened by the fact that the hosts have got to the final in each of the last two World Cups in Mexico and Italy. On both occasions the hosts have lost the final though - England won their first World Cup for sixty years in Mexico and Argentina claimed their third in 5 by beating Italy in 2030. Arsenal approached me for the 2nd time to take over at Henry Stadium. I hate turning them down.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]     Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]     Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       Move to Harrow Stadium completed.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322421&viewfull=1#post7322421]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326026&viewfull=1#post7326026]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      73       FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7330382&viewfull=1#post7330382]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier        4th      77       Playoff semi-finalists; FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7334472&viewfull=1#post7334472]2021/22[/url]     Blue Square Premier        1st      90       Promoted as Champions; FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7346166&viewfull=1#post7346166]2022/23[/url]     Coca-Cola League Two       1st      92       Promoted automatically, and at the first attempt!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7354887&viewfull=1#post7354887]2023/24[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       3rd      87       Playoff Final runners up; FA Cup 4th round.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7364798&viewfull=1#post7364798]2024/25[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       7th      77       JPT Runner-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7368804&viewfull=1#post7368804]2025/26[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       1st      97       Promoted as Champions.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7374349&viewfull=1#post7374349]2026/27[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    10th      68       Stadium Expansion to just over 7,000 all-seater planned.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7383513&viewfull=1#post7383513]2027/28[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    16th      53       Expansion to 7,582 all-seater completed, further expansion of 1,580 seats planned.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7392674&viewfull=1#post7392674]2028/29[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    10th      66       Expansion completed to 9,162 capacity.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7396585&viewfull=1#post7396585]2029/30[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship     2nd      89       Promotion; Carling Cup Q-Final; FA Cup R5, incl. victory v. Tottenham; Stadium expansion announced (3,500 seats).
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7402642&viewfull=1#post7402642]2030/31[/url]     Barclays Premier League   20th      18       Expansion to 12,662 capacity stadium completed; FA Cup Runner-up & Europa League Qualification.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7406971&viewfull=1#post7406971]2031/32[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship     2nd      96       Europa League 2nd K/O Round, Promotion.
2032/33     Barclays Premier League   12th      49       Carling Cup S-Final.

In 2029, Met Police have been promoted to the BSS!! Report to follow, but just thought I'd share this news with everyone. If anyone wants to give the challenge a go with Met Police, let me know, I've kept a copy of the save the day they were promoted.

Met Police have come up to BSS in 2020 for me. And Chasetown in BSN, too. Shame it took me 'til December to notice..... :o

Tooting-mitcham-utd.jpg

Tooting & Mitcham United FC- Season 2016/17- League One

Table|Graph|Squad|Transfers|Board Overview|Profile

The season in Jan 2016, with the capture of three expiring players from outside of England, two Welshmen;

Waters and Holmes and a Northern Irishman in Martin. All three would have important roles to play in T & M's League One campaign.

A fantastic start to the season saw us leading after the first game and after winning our first six in a row we were brought back to earth by a rampant QPR, losing 8-1 in what will probably remain as the club's worst loss of all time. Despite this, we recovered well and were still holding on to top stop midway through December.

At the same time, despite dropping out of the JPT in the 2nd round, we were having a strong League Cup run, starting with a 2-1 win on the road to midtable CH team Charlton. This was followed up with home wins in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to CH team Sheffield Utd and then our first Premier League scalp, a 2-0 win over West Ham. An even better performance in the 4th Rd saw us destroy CH team Norwich on the road 4-0, setting up a Qtr final away to CH Bolton. This time we met our match, getting outplayed convincingly and finally losing 2-0.

Meanwhile, in the early stages of the FA Cup we needed home replays to beat BSP York and L2 Walsall, putting a huge strain on the squad, so come mid December, we lost hold of top spot in L1. With the even nature of the league, we dropped from 1st to 6th after only managing 7pts from 7 matches in our yearly down patch. In this patch we also faced PRM team Wigan at home in the FA Cup 3rd Rd and were soundly beaten 1-3.

With the cups out of the way, we finally had some more rest between matches as we stormed our way back into the promotion places, hitting top spot again, going unbeaten through 9 matches, with 7 wins in there for good measure. Once we were finally beaten by Everton though, Leeds had taken the top spot back and never let it go, running away with the league and leaving about 8 clubs fighting it out for 1 automatic promotion slot.

Despite some fluctuations in form, we held our nerves as those around us starting dropping off the pace, first QPR, then Plymouth and finally Oldham and whilst Everton made a late dash, they had started too far back and a 1-0 win on the road over MK Dons in the penultimate round brought on celebrations after Leeds had beaten QPR at the same time, meaning, for the fourth season in a row, we were going up!

We don't have the best squad that's for sure but we have winners. Of our 26 league wins this season, 15 of them were by 1 goal, they score 'em when it counts.

Leading Scorer: Zak Ansah His attributes aren't that good but he scores, more consistently than any other striker so far.

Earlier in the season we were finally taken over by a fans' consortium, unfortunately, it was done during the Jan transfer window and I missed out on most of the players I was after at the time. This made GK Andrews annoyed as I had promised to improve the squad to keep him and then finally towards the end of the window, with the embargo lifted, I brought in Harper from fellow L1 promotion contenders, Plymouth for £5k. He's not that good although he is better than what I have there but most importantly, he was enough to make Andrews quit whining and play football (for the moment).

News post season that the stadium will have to be improved to meet CH requirements. No loan, just a big hit to the finances, we go from being 329k up to 166k in the red. Will make next season very difficult. The new stadium will still only be 8,000 but will be an all seater it appears. In the meantime, we will be playing at the 10,000 (650 seat) Feltham Arena which has synthetic grass.

Goals for 2017/18:

• Mid-table Championship finish
  • Improve squad with players from Europe which I can now scout
  • Good money making cup run

[u]Season    Division   Position    Achievements
[/u]2012/13     BSS        7th        FA Trophy-3rd Rd
2013/14     BSS        3rd        Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup-4th Rd
2014/15     BSP        4th        Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup-3rd Rd, FA Trophy Winners
2015/16     L2         3rd        Automatic Promotion, JPT South Winner, JPT Finalist
2016/17     L1         2nd        Automatic Promotion, League Cup-Qtr Final, FA Cup-3rd Rd 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

#42 - Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2017/2018 - End of Season Review - L1 - 6th -PROMOTION :)

Fixtures 1 -2 - 3 Table

The League

Gunna be a short update due to the fact i finished this season prehaps 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just been travelling and so haven't had any time.

Anyway was a pretty much rollercoaster of a ride season, had some ups and downs, at one point thinking i could get auto promotion, but alas it wasn't to be.

Sold a few players for big fees, Lourens for 350k at the start of the season, and another defender in Zimmerman my LB who could also play CB for 350k + clauses mid season.

Kept my playoff spot on the last day of the season and basically walked through the semi final play off legs.

Playoffs

The semis were against Hereford, and i walked the first leg 3-1. I resisted the urge to go defensive in the second leg and won 4-2.

The final saw us against leeds, and we were comfortably winning 2-0, they scored to make it 2-1, we scored again to regain the 2 goal lead, and ever doing things the hard way let them score in the 82nd minute to give us a tense last ten minutes.

We did go defensive and held on for PROMOTION :)

Cups

Nothing exciting to report really.

A dissapointing 1st round league cup match to stevenage losing 6-4.

Fa cup was ok got into the 3rd round and took premier league West Ham to a replay.

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Squad (Best performing players)

Key Players

Zac Ansah - As Usual was one of the best players at the club. Not his best season, and will be interesting to see how well he does in the championship but has not dissapointed thus far. Really is one of those players i will try to keep around forever.

Morten Tajet - Did not start the season as a key player really, but ended the season as part of my first choice center midfield partnership. A great tackler and chipped in a with a few goals and assists too.

Lee Carpenter - Again a solid season filled with assists and goals. Contract is up at the end of next season and at the moment is asking for over 6k (Which i cant give) Will see if i can convince him with a good start in the championship.

Kristian Leskur - Another solid season, his most impressive yet. 11 goals and 11 assists and still has more potential that my coaches say that he can reach. Will probably be a key player next season and for years after. Also wouldn't be surprised if he gest player of the season.

Jozsef Vagi - A player who again was not a starter at the start of the seaosn, but proved his worth throughout the season, even after some niggling injuries. 10 goals in 24 starts ain't bad, with 6 assists added on top.

Robin Lopes - My 17 year old kid was originally going to be used mainly in cup games. He ended up being a sub that was appearing most games. Scored plenty of goals for his playing time, and also chipped in with a few assists. I have high hopes for this one.

Other News

Nothing much except this strange piece of news. Ground share with myself??

Next Seasons Aims

1. Survival - Simple really we need to Survive.

2. New key players - need a few more key players and a few more english as i was struggling AGAIN to field 6 HG players in the squad last season.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7249022#"]2013/14[/url]              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7277223#post7277223"]2014/15[/url]              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305214#post7305214"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                            5th                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7339187#post7339187"]2016/17  [/url]            League 1                            11th                       Nothing 
2017/18              League 1                            6th                        Playoff Winners

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2033/34 | Barclays Premier League

I faced the toughest start to a season I can remember: Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), Watford (A), Man Utd (H). But I tried to see the positives - it meant that I could bed in some new players in a set of matches with very little pressure because it didn't matter too much if we were beaten three times in that run. We came from 2-0 down to get a point off Chelsea, but lost Guilbert to injury having lost Dietz for a two month stretch before the game. Within ten minutes of the start of the Liverpool game, two more strikers got injured and I had only one fit striker. When we went two goals down again, I knew there was no chance of a reprieve this time. Luckily, we were still in August, and it meant I could bring in a new striker. Or rather I thought I could, but as it turned out, I couldn't get hold of one who was good enough, so I had to make do with the ones I had. But the promising young striker who originally was supposed to go out on loan was given his chance, and Ondrej Jicha, who has the most potential of anyone in my squad, got 2 goals in his first 3 games.

So, when Dietz made his debut in the League Cup against Arsenal, it was Boucher who dropped to the bench and not Jicha. Typically, having been 2-0 down, it was Boucher who came off the bench to get the first goal and then a second substitute, Rafael Serrano, scored just before the end to take the game to extra-time. The Cup Runs show that extra-time didn't go our way, however. The first chance to get that crucial Europa League spot had evaded us.

However, the league form didn't suffer. After such a tough opening run, we were playing catch-up to a certain extent after seven points from the first seven games (although in that run we only lost to Liverpool and Spurs). In the next three games, we doubled our points tally before the visit of Man Utd to Harrow Stadium. We had the better of the game - more shots, more than twice as many on target, and more possession, but couldn't get the vital goal whereas United did, and won 1-0. However, in the first 11 games, we had played Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and United, and still managed 14 points.

But it wasn't getting any easier. Next up was Man City away followed after West Ham at home with a trip to Henry Stadiun. The Man City game was a fantastic performance, and brought our first win against City, despite old-boy Baier scoring a late goal to make it tight, having been 2-0 up. That was special. But those sort of victories are so easily made pointless. A last minute equaliser robbed us of two points at home to West Ham, and I got trounced 5-1 by Arsenal. Four points from those three doesn't sound bad but having beaten City away, it felt disappointing.

However, it did mean that I had played all the big teams, and though January was to be tough (Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd out first three opponents of 2034), the rest of December looked straightforward, facing Newport, Burnley, Swansea, Ipswich and Birmingham. Defeat in the first of these was probably the worst result in my 22-year Harrow career, and I followed that up with another two against Burnley and Swansea. Suddenly my season was in turmoil - since starting with 18 points from 14 games despite playing all the top teams, we hadn't taken a single point. We did dig out a scrappy win against bottom-placed Ipswich, which was badly needed, but it was still a terrible run with which to go into the FA Cup and then a tough run in the league.

The FA Cup game was on New Years' Eve, and was a draw, so we went into the New Year facing a replay buried within another really tough run. We took a draw away from Lampard Arena in a fairly even game, and did the same at home to Liverpool. We squeaked past West Ham in the Cup replay, before the big game at Old Trafford. The 3-0 trouncing brought us back down to earth with a bump and suddenly it was relegation avoidance, and not Europa League qualification, on my mind. Beating Everton in the FA Cup was good and made me think that could be the route into Europe...

It would have to be. After the amazing win at Man City Stadium, we got two wins and four draws from the next 13 GAMES! Shockingly bad form, which really put the cat amongst the pigeons in the relegation battle, including as it did defeats to Newport, Burnley, Swansea and Birmingham as well as draws with Cardiff and West Ham. This was a major step backwards. Many of my players started making noises about moving to bigger clubs, and understandably. But we'd had a few key players out with injury and as they came back, suddenly we improved massively to beat Wigan 4-0. But the improvement was short-lived. The Europa League dream ended at White Hart Lane with a shocking performance against Spurs in the 5th round of the cup, and we followed that up with another poor performance at home to Wolves.

On 4th March, we went to Villa Park and beat Villa 1-0, with 61% of the possession. The inexplicable results were commonplace this season, as you probably picked up on. We then failed to beat Fulham who had lost their last five and were the new table-proppers. Then we got a convincing 2-1 win against Man City at home, before scraping through to get my one and only point of the season against Newport! What was going on?!

It hadn't finished - the next game was against leaders Arsenal, and with four players playing out of position (red-dots, not orange) due to injuries, I scraped a draw. But the team was totally useless and after the Man City triumph, a run of 2 wins in the last 7 games culminating in a pathetic capitulation against Birmingham on the last day which cost us three league places.

There's no doubt we underperformed this year, but the potential of players like Jicha, Dietz and Clarke-Harris means that I feel confident we can improve next year. They keep getting Young Player of the Month awards. The improvement is marked in all of them. I'm trying to get replacements for players like Markevich and Neumeier in now, so that I can buy potential rather than ability and then when those players inevitably move on, I'll have ready made replacements. Hopefully that'll work....

Harrow Stadium also has new, more generous sponsors (£400k a year). So, for report purposes only, we will be playing, as of next season, at the Phones4U Arena. The finances screenshot includes a couple of early-summer signings you'll read about next year.

Key Players

Jose Felix Cabello* - consistent as ever.

Ondrej Jicha - not bad for an 18-year-old.

Tobias Neumeier - the pick of the defenders but thinking of cashing in on him soon as his development seems to have stalled.

Regis Mpinda - still holding off the more experienced Konovalenko as first-choice DM.

Sergey Markevich - hard to believe he's still 22.

Enrico Baggio - slightly disappointing for a £7m record signing, but still did well.

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Mpinda inducted on the bench.

Key Records Broken

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £7m for Enrico Baggio from Atalanta on 9th June.

Oldest Goalscorer: Vitaliy Konovalenko - 32 years 33 days v Watford (Premiership), 21st January

DAVID WILSON

Lost his place to Mikiela and £1.4m was too much to refuse for a back-up keeper.

APPS: 97, CONC: 116, CLN: 36, MoM: 3, AvR: 6.84

RACHID BENALI

Had also lost his place since promotion to the Premiership, and was going to leave on a Bosman at the end of the season so I had no choice but to try to cash in and £1m of free money in January was a no-brainer.

APPS: 64, GLS: 15, ASSTS: 14, MoM: 2, AvR: 7.02

VITALIY KONOVALENKO

He was good for me but £2.5m for a 32-year-old was not an offer I could refuse, really.

APPS: 56, GLS: 4, ASSTS: 2, MoM: 1, AvR: 7.01

HERVE GUILBERT

Whilst key in both Championship promotion seasons, the truth is he never cut it in the Premiership and it was time to go. But I would have liked some money for him!

APPS: 158, GLS: 69, ASSTS: 35, MoM: 12, AvR: 7.09

DIMITRI BOUCHER

£2.4m was too good to turn down for a player who has been good but not outstanding.

APPS: 127, GLS: 40, ASSTS: 24, MoM: 6, AvR: 6.99

KEVIN FRANKE

Did a job at right back and at centre-back for me but didn't merit the wage increase he wanted.

APPS: 99, GLS: 1, ASSTS: 3, MoM: 4, AvR: 6.89

Next season, we need to start building towards getting into Europe regularly. This season was a step backwards really. Some of the dead wood needs to be shipped out whilst I must hold on to my star players, and get youngsters to start to groom into eventual replacements for them.

Targets for 2033/34

Get a Europa League spot for the 2034/35 season. FAILURE - pure and simple.

Improve our position in the league. FAILURE - this wasn't a good season. We should have been several places higher.

Try to make sure no star players are lost on Bosmans this year! SUCCESS - there were some, and probably at least a couple I could have got money for, but no stars. Herve Guilbert had been a star but had fallen down the pecking order.

Targets for 2034/35

Get a Europa League spot for the 2035/36 season.

Sign some youngsters with amazing potential.

Avoid knee-jerk signings like Baggio who, whilst good, aren't good enough to warrant huge transfer fees.

In other news, Premiership new-boys Newport County lost to Sp**s in extra-time in the League Cup Final, and then the white scum completed a Cup double with a shock victory over City in the FA Cup Final. Man Utd beat Roma to win yet another Champions' League (their 8th). Not to mention that they've now won the last six league titles, too. For the record, Harrow are currently ranked 63rd in Europe, according to the co-efficients. We need another Europa League run soon or that will drop like a stone when the first one becomes consigned to ancient history.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]     Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]     Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]     Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       Move to Harrow Stadium completed.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322421&viewfull=1#post7322421]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326026&viewfull=1#post7326026]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      73       FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7330382&viewfull=1#post7330382]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier        4th      77       Playoff semi-finalists; FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7334472&viewfull=1#post7334472]2021/22[/url]     Blue Square Premier        1st      90       Promoted as Champions; FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7346166&viewfull=1#post7346166]2022/23[/url]     Coca-Cola League Two       1st      92       Promoted automatically, and at the first attempt!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7354887&viewfull=1#post7354887]2023/24[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       3rd      87       Playoff Final runners up; FA Cup 4th round.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7364798&viewfull=1#post7364798]2024/25[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       7th      77       JPT Runner-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7368804&viewfull=1#post7368804]2025/26[/url]     Coca-Cola League One       1st      97       Promoted as Champions.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7374349&viewfull=1#post7374349]2026/27[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    10th      68       Stadium Expansion to just over 7,000 all-seater planned.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7383513&viewfull=1#post7383513]2027/28[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    16th      53       Expansion to 7,582 all-seater completed, further expansion of 1,580 seats planned.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7392674&viewfull=1#post7392674]2028/29[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship    10th      66       Expansion completed to 9,162 capacity.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7396585&viewfull=1#post7396585]2029/30[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship     2nd      89       Promotion; Carling Cup Q-Final; FA Cup R5, incl. victory v. Tottenham; Stadium expansion announced (3,500 seats).
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7402642&viewfull=1#post7402642]2030/31[/url]     Barclays Premier League   20th      18       Expansion to 12,662 capacity stadium completed; FA Cup Runner-up & Europa League Qualification.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7406971&viewfull=1#post7406971]2031/32[/url]     Coca-Cola Championship     2nd      96       Europa League 2nd K/O Round, Promotion.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7411171&viewfull=1#post7411171]2032/33[/url]     Barclays Premier League   12th      49       Carling Cup S-Final.
2033/34     Barclays Premier League   12th      46       None.

Worksop 2020/21 Championship

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 4th Rd

The season went quite well as the team was never really near relegation, a good run meant that by mar the playoffs were in sight before a poor apr ended in a mid-table finish. The FA cup ended in the 3rd Rd with a 3-1 home defeat to championship Middlesborough. In the league cup it took ET to get past first L2 Port Vale and then prem Sunderland. L1 Leyton Orient were defeated 1-0 before a 3-0 thrashing by championship Bristol city in the 4th Rd.

Converting the ground to all seater cost a million and the board approved the first training facilities improvement after the sale of players at the start of the season. They then cancelled this at the end of the season due to lack of funds a week before the solidarity payment of 2 million was given out, they also now won't improve them as 'they are good enough'

Squad

Transfers

Sold my record apps holder Bjornhart (260 apps, 0 goals) to improve the finances as i had already signed Hajgato after waiting a whole year. Scapuzzi (171 apps 63 goals), Williams ( 207 apps 32 goals)and Selnaes (216 apps, 19 goals) also left as i considered tham not up to the standard needed. In came Vuran who excelled and Bretthaurer who was very disappointing only scoring in one game. The defence was generally poor with one player of the four having a nightmare in most games. Hajgato was probably my best player in spite of this. In midfield Bule didn't play to the same high standards he had shown and had a lot of minor injuries. Brandt and Kaczmarek did well for most of the season. Flemming took a long time to get going but ended as top scorer just ahead of Klinger.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners
2016/17        L2            14th         1st Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - Qtr-f      N/A                    None
2017/18        L2            6th          3rd Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - 2nd Rd     N/A                    Lost in playoff Final
2018/19        L2            3rd          3rd Rd            LC - 3rd Rd/JPT - N- Final   N/A                    Automatic promotion
2019/20        L1            1st          5th Rd            LC - 1st Rd/JPT - Winners    N/A                    League Winners, JPT Winners
2020/21        CMP           11th         3rd Rd            LC - 4th Rd                  N/A                    None

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '20-'21. League 1.

Kingstonian_FClogo.gif

L1 position: 6th League table Promoted through play-offs.

FA Cup: 4R

League Cup: 3R

JPT: Regional 1/4-final

Summary: Progress Current squad A bit more strengthening over the close-season, but partly to replace some ex-BSP players. New Welsh striker came in and was on fire for the first few weeks as we hung around the promotion spots and made progress in the minor cups. Then the customary slump came, and it took us until Christmas to pull ourselves together and start climbing the table again. A series of draws in the spring (7 in a row!) would have scuppered a play-off place if everyone around us wasn't rubbish too. We left it until the last day, but a 3-0 win at Doncaster gave us 6th; 3rd-placed Watford were on an awful run, and offered less resistance than expected; Coventry were beaten 2-0 at Wembley to seal promotion to the Championship. The gate receipts from that, and a televised FAC4R at Old Trafford have helped pad out the bank account.

Transfers: Transfers New centre-back, striker and 2 midfielders, some have a better impact than others.

Future prospects: Welsh striker was a flash in the pan and was gone in the summer. A few more L1/2 players are off over the summer, and success will depend on what we can attract to replace them. The bank account is healthy, the board aren't willing to spend much. Best prospect is Remi Nduwayo, Burundi international 'keeper. He's been back-up to Loris Karius for a few seasons, but took over after our autumn slump and has kept his place.

1213 - BSS 5th (lost in play-off final)

1314 - BSS 12th (FAT runners-up)

1415 - BSS 1st (promoted)

1516 - BSP 11th

1617 - BSP 7th (FAT semi-final)

2021 - L1 6th (promoted through play-offs)

Quick question that I'm hoping someone might know (I tried looking at manual and searching in forums but it's a nightmare). I had a natural CB that I re-trained to be a RB (poor jumping). After 18 mths or so of training and playing there, he's now listed as being 'natural' for RB. Two things, 1. I thought you could only ever train to an accomplished position and 2. If you can train to natural, does this mean I can take him off that position training now, or will he slip back down?

Quick question that I'm hoping someone might know (I tried looking at manual and searching in forums but it's a nightmare). I had a natural CB that I re-trained to be a RB (poor jumping). After 18 mths or so of training and playing there, he's now listed as being 'natural' for RB. Two things, 1. I thought you could only ever train to an accomplished position and 2. If you can train to natural, does this mean I can take him off that position training now, or will he slip back down?

Does seem odd. Surely if you've retrained a player for a position, he's by definition NOT a natural in that position???

You can train to natural - you can take him off training but he will slip back if you don't play him at RB otherwise he should be fine. Some players do need to be kept on the training all the time, i assume they have low adaptability.

You can train to natural - you can take him off training but he will slip back if you don't play him at RB otherwise he should be fine. Some players do need to be kept on the training all the time, i assume they have low adaptability.

Ok thanks, I assume by the fact that he went from nothing to natural in 18mths that he won't drop off quickly. I'll still be playing him there but now I can have him spend more time doing normal training so that's good.

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2034/35 | Barclays Premier League

It was a turbulent summer. I signed a striker early in the summer which gave me three strikers of real quality, but suddenly towards the end of July, Sporting met the minimum release clause for Malte Dietz. £6.5m was good money, but I would much rather have held on to him - he was improving fast.

We did have a striker problem all season - not helped by, at times, having four of them injured at once! It was so bad that my 3rd choice goalkeeper ended up playing 15 times up front! However, the team had clearly improved, and the season started well and got better and better and better. If it hadn't been for stupid draws with Birmingham and then Burnley with only a few games to go, I would have been in the Champions' League next season! Even then, with Liverpool having beaten Chelsea, the game between us and Liverpool at Dalglish Park was more or less a Champions-League decider, with Ipswich at home the final hurdle.

I think deep down I knew we were destined to fall short this year. Liverpool trounced us at Dalglish Park by three goals to nil, in a game we never looked like winning. After that, we were relying on two of Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool slipping up - in Liverpool's case, twice.

Well - Liverpool didn't slip up before the last day so we couldn't get third place. However, Chelsea lost to Man Utd, so on the last day, we were head-to-head with Spurs who had surprisingly lost their last two games to Arsenal and Cardiff. However, to expect them to lose or even draw with Swansea on the last day seemed a long-shot, even though Swansea are much stronger now than IRL. I needed to better their result in any way to get Champions' League football at Harrow Stadium next year.

Check out the final day results for yourself

Cup Runs this year included another Carling Cup Semi-Final, the defeat in the 2nd leg felt like a disaster, but then I didn't know I'd get into the Champions' League!!

Key Players

Jose Felix Cabello - really stepped up for me this year when it counted.

Enrico Baggio* - lived up to his record price-tag.

Tobias Neumeier - good to see him coming good.

Diego Bertolotti - his 12 assists were crucial, did such a good job, and chipped in with the goals too.

Ondrej Jicha - top scorer and at his age, who knows what he might do??

Joel Mikiela - almost twice the number of clean sheets he got last year.

Sergey Markevich - great player, consistent as anything at right back.

Paul Clarke-Harris - improving year-on-year.

Regis Mpinda - might not hold onto his place much longer, but still does a job.

Erman Ozkan - the 2nd DC is crucial to a team's success, I think. Neumeier is great, but having Ozkan was the difference.

The team of the year - it shows how severe the injury crisis up front was when your left-back is in the team as a striker!

The historical best XI

Jicha was the golden boot runner-up

Bertolotti won the Young Player of the Year

Mikiela was 3rd in the Golden Glove

CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE AT HARROW!!

That was totally unexpected and quite a surprise. What a season, eh?!

Key Records Broken

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £6.5m for Malte Dietz on 23rd July.

Highest Transfer Fee Received (broken again): £13m for Diego Bertolotti on 22nd June (after the CL qualification).

I have broken the transfer fee spent, too, but you'll have to wait till next year for that. It does explain the drop in finances though.

Highest League Finish: 4th in the Premiership.

Most Games Without Scoring: 5: 28th January to 10th February.

Highest Transfer Spend: £22m, although transfers puts it at £27m.

Highest Transfer Income: £15m, although transfers puts it at £20.5m.

Highest Average Attendance: 12,635

KAREL CHARVAT

Two dodgy years from Charvat, £3.5m profit as he left for Parma for £5m.

APPS: 84, GLS: 4, ASSTS: 0, MoM: 1, AvR: 6.90

MALTE DIETZ

One year from Dietz, before I fell foul of a minimum fee release clause of £6.5m.

APPS: 32, GLS: 9, ASSTS: 3, MoM: 3, AvR: 6.97

DIEGO BERTOLOTTI

Hard to turn down £13m in my position, even with the Champions' League coming. That's over £8m profit in just a year. I did look back after he'd gone and wonder whether it was a mistake because he looks like he will only get better, but oh well...I've got my eye on a couple of gems to replace him.

APPS: 34, GLS: 12, ASSTS: 12, MoM: 2, AvR: 7.24

FABIAN ERWIG-DRUPPEL

The guy with the ridiculous name didn't want to sign a new contract so he's now on the dole. His only decent season was in the Championship anyway!

APPS: 81, GLS: 24, ASSTS: 10, MoM: 5, AvR: 6.96

Next season, it's Champions' League! So I want to get into the groups at least, and get a Europa League place by finishing 3rd in the group. No need to run before we can walk.

Targets for 2034/35

Get a Europa League spot for the 2035/36 season. SUCCESS - well, strictly speaking we didn't get into the Europa League, but....

Sign some youngsters with amazing potential. SUCCESS - Acuna 5*, Churin 4.5*, Odhiambo 4* (in goal, rather than up front!) - those three were the best from this year, but we now have FOUR 4.5* potential players.

Avoid knee-jerk signings like Baggio who, whilst good, aren't good enough to warrant huge transfer fees. SUCCESS - Churin is the ultimate example - I chased him for over a year! Second highest fee paid was for Bertolotti who has proved a great purchase.

Targets for 2035/36

Europa League qualification again at the least.

Replace some of my ageing stars - particularly Cabello who has been amazing but is old now.

Get into the Europa League by finishing 3rd in my CL group at least.

In other news, Man Utd's points tally was a new record, and they also won the Champions' League. They've won seven league titles and three Champions' Leagues in a row. Alex Ferguson eat your heart out! Zvonmir Soldo and William Vincent are the new United legends! Serbia shocked Italy in the World Cup final, and I got offered the Arsenal job AGAIN after Alan Shearer left.

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7411171&viewfull=1#post7411171]2032/33[/url]     Barclays Premier League   12th      49       Carling Cup S-Final.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7415622&viewfull=1#post7415622]2033/34[/url]     Barclays Premier League   12th      46       None.
2034/35     Barclays Premier League    4th      72       Champions' League Qualification.

Darren1983 Kingstonian Season 2022/23 Review Premiership

Table Graph

A good solid season for our first in the new stadium, all I was looking for was to stay up again, to do this I knew we needed to tighten up at the back, a cange in formation from our 442 to a Mourhino-esqe Chelsea style 433/451 worked in doing so, it do hoewever cut down the amount of goals we scored, but finishing 10th rather then 17th shows that stopping goals seems more important then scoreing them. We were really solid all season and never really close to relegation but never really convincing enough to look for a top half posisition, we had a habit of going on a 4-5 game unbeaten run then losing 5-0 (this happened 3 times during the season)

Cups

FA Cup - not much to say here, a nice 3rd round win against championship Leeds before losing to a Newcastle team that would go on to be relegated at the end of the season

League Cup - much better! couple of comfortable wins saw us through to the 1/4 finals where we played Championship Chesterfield it was one of the worse games of the season and they beat us with ease - this was even more dissapionting as all the big guns were out by this stage and the semi final line up was 1 prem team (20th placed west ham) and 3 championship teams - this really was a wasted chance for us to maybe get pur first "real" cup and even a shot at Europe (Championship side Leciester won the comp)

My Player Of The Year

My 23 year old French Keeper Fabien Andre - been with us (and first choice) for 3 seasons and just gets better - have been turing down bids all season for him

I had young strikers, but they were all injured. It was crazy. Honestly. At one point I had only one fit striker through my whole squad, and was playing a left-back and a 'keeper up front. Surprisingly didn't totally destroy my team!

However, with another striker out, and I think only one in, I am going to change my formation this season.

News post season that the

stadium will have to be improved to meet CH requirements. No loan, just a big hit to the finances, we go from being 329k up to 166k in the red. Will make next season very difficult. The new stadium will still only be 8,000 but will be an all seater it appears. In the meantime, we will be playing at the 10,000 (650 seat) Feltham Arena which has synthetic grass.

So, just started Ch season and I'm not sure this ground sharing is going to work. First home game of the season, crowd was 650 in total, where as last year's average was 4,470. I gather it would be around a half hour drive from Tooting to Feltham.

Edit: Just realised I can only get 650 people due to the laws in the Championship about needing full seating so they can only have as many people in there as there are seats. This is going to really hurt financially until the end of January when the stadium is ready for me to move back into.

Lowestoft 2013-14 Review

1st Season BSP- 10th Place

FA Cup Lost to Leeds in 1st Round (unlucky draw)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1548/lowestoft2014bsptable.png

Overall, our first season in BSP play had good and bad moments. We played well in many matches and would have had a shot at the Playoffs if we hadn't conceded so many late equalizers and match winners. I would attribute that to having a young side that just didn't show good composure and concentration at the end of matches.

Due to the financing of our new stadium, we had to part with 4 important players after the season (for zero money) to rebalance our weekly wage bill. Leaving were Torbjorne Agedestein (scored 10 goals in 17 matches for us after arriving on free transfer. He had the highest wages on the club at 475 a week), Graeme MacGregor (the Scot midfielder was solid, but never really excelled to the extent I thought he would and with his contract expiring at the end of next season and high wages, it seemed prudent to move him to greener pastures), Mihai Gherasim (Young Romanian keeper who carried us last season was aced out of starting role due to the free transfer signings of Mirko Ranieri and Sam Johnstone, and Dominic Ball (Do it all backline player who was our super-sub, but his high wages dictate we find a cheaper replacement).

Those moves slid us under the current 5.4K a week wage budget. I would like to keep Vances Bola who had another fine season for us- leading the club with 16 goals- but his agent fiercely dislikes me and I can't find an acceptable contract for him after lengthy negotiations, so I am resigned to allowing him to leave.

It will be a difficult summer for us as we try to re-align the club with what we have left and hope that eventually our new stadium will allow us more financial flexibilty once it is finally completed.

Lewes - 2015/16 League 2 End of Season Update - 1st

Table | Positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Very easy season where we absolutely cruised to 1st place. We had a good year and nobody else really rose above the pack meaning promotion was never in doubt. Managing the side off the pitch was the bigger challenge, everyone wanting their deals upgraded and being well over budget already made for a bit of work, but managed to hold most of the side together other than a few who just wanted too much. Also had fun times when I fined my best full back (who I've had since the first season) for getting a stupid red card and he cracked it with me, thankfully he eventually came around and decided to stay.

League Cup - 3rd Round.

Nice to make it to the 3rd round and put up a respectable showing against Premiership competition but I don't think any of the teams take this too seriously.

FA Cup - 3rd Round.

Made it to the big 3rd round away money maker so that's all you can ask for, got thumped by Liverpool but can't argue with the split of the gate, it accounted for about 25% of my revenue for the year.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Winner.

Nice to win it and even nicer that there were no let down games. Cruised through this even easier than winning the league, which gives me hope that League 1 shouldn't be a huge step up in class.

Next Season

Made a small profit even with the required stadium expansion from league 1 promotion, so the wage budget doubles next year which I'm going to need to get the remaining players I want to keep on to full time contracts. Need to do some shopping for some home grown players since my stocks of those are pretty thin now, a couple of years of strengthening the team with European imports while my existing players who wanted too much were allowed to leave means my current first choice team has only the bare minimum of 6. So long as I can get a few locals in without making my usual mistake of signing players just to sign players I'm confident going forward.

Also hoping for a takeover by someone with a bit of ambition, getting mighty sick of my current board, they never grant me anything. 3 promotions in 4 seasons while making an overall profit even after stadium expansions yet I can't get facilities, scouting range, affiliated clubs, whatever I want it's not in their long term vision.

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups               Achievements
2012/13   BSS         1st     2nd Rnd     FAT RU                   Promoted, FA Trophy Runners Up
2013/14   BSP         3rd     4th Rnd     FAT 4th Rnd              Promotion Finalists
2014/15   BSP         1st     3rd Rnd     FAT Winners              Promoted, FA Trophy Winners
2015/16   League 2    1st     3rd Rnd     JPT Winners, LC 3rd Rnd  Promoted, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Well done Shakes, very dominant. Looks like you've raided Denmark for all it's worth ;), did you have a Danish coach/scout or something?. You should be alright for HG for another season or so given how many U21 players you have but it might become an issue the season after so that might something to think about.

Well done Shakes, very dominant. Looks like you've raided Denmark for all it's worth ;), did you have a Danish coach/scout or something?. You should be alright for HG for another season or so given how many U21 players you have but it might become an issue the season after so that might something to think about.

I believe a few of my younger players I've had for 2 years already should become home grown next season so I think I'm going to be alright going forward. A lot of the non-Danes in my squad are dual nationals who are home grown so it's not quite as bad as it looks when you look at the squad and see no English flags.

As for getting the players, it wasn't a scout, it was just asking any unattached players on U19/U21 squads if they'd like to come for a trial. Denmark became the target because they has so many players without a club and pretty much all of them were willing to trial. Probably helps them all feel at home having so many mates on the squad because nobody has had any issues adapting. It also means international commitments weren't an issue, you just get the games moved when a dozen players go away at once. ;)

I imagine the challenge is harder if the rules were you had to be able to scout them, since my board still wont let me scout outside Ireland & UK even in league 1 ... the ability to offer a trial as a substitute for scouting was great once I realised what a goldmine Denmark is at these levels! Pity I can't get work permits through, because there's some even better players in Columbia who will sign for about 1/4 of the wages English players of their ability demand (if they'll listen to offers at all) ...

Celebrations as two Tooting & Mitcham players make their international debuts.

Massimo Loungo and Stephen Andrews Massimo had maintained for the last three years that he only wanted to play for Italy but I guess he finally realised he would never get the chance. Andrews is probably Ireland's 3rd or 4th choice keeper but they decided to give him half a friendly, which was nice.

Also, after years of struggling with handling crosses and set pieces, I've gone and signed my first towering centre back, Bojan Halliovic. Touted as the next Muhamed Konjic, the former Bayern Munich youngster has to work on his decision making, positioning and speed but I think there's enough about him to suggest he might be good enough if we get to the Premiership, assuming he settles in well.

Gypsum's Worksop town - Premier league - 2023/24

League position: 2nd / Position graph

Media prediction: 4th

A four way title race went down to the final day, with us needing to better Liverpool's result against 3rd place Tottenham. Although we won, Liverpool's 2-0 win made them champions.

Champions league: Finalists / Lost 2-1 to Barcelona - Despite the return of Gonzalez from a minor injury, and Mukumbu from a broken leg, a full strength squad wasn't enough to overcome Barca in a tight game.

Transfers

Finances

General squad info

Star players;

Peter Birbeck - Our best player by far, 29 assists, 12 goals and a 7.71 rating. Amazing to thing I got him for £1.6m a few seasons back.

Denis - Mr Consistency as our central striker. His second 30+ goals season in a row.

Philipp Eberlein - Typically tricky as a wide striker.

Tete - A powerhouse in defence.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Moved into new stadium / Playoff winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7285863&viewfull=1#post7285863"]2016/17[/url]              League 1                             1st                        FA Cup 4th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300327&viewfull=1#post7300327"]2017/18[/url]              Championship                         5th                        Championship playoff semi-finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7311246&viewfull=1#post7311246"]2018/19[/url]              Championship                         1st                        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326521&viewfull=1#post7326521"]2019/20[/url]              Premier league                       7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7343716&viewfull=1#post7343716"]2020/21[/url]              Premier league                       2nd                        Champions league qualification
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7365531&viewfull=1#post7365531"]2021/22[/url]              Premier league                       2nd                        Champions league winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7399975&viewfull=1#post7399975"]2022/23[/url]              Premier league                       1st                        League cup winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7428085&viewfull=1#post7428085"]2023/24[/url]              Premier league                       2nd                        Champions league runners-up

This season I can really make a start on my new challenge of building an all home nations squad. I'm going to keep hold of my best players, so the change will be gradual, but from now on I will only be signing players from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland or Northern Ireland. Could be interesting to see if I go bankrupt paying the English premium, or slip down the table with a weakened squad...

Hello folks. I think I will try this challenge. :)

I don't remember when was the last time I managed an English club - could have been pre FM11. It has been some time when I last manage a non-professional team aswell, but now I'm at the helm of Kingstonian. Is it normal that I can sign staff only on non-contracts, eventhough the personnel already at the club are part timers? Also cannot offer full time contracts to players (I think in earlier game version it was possible), and part time contracts must have squad status set to key player. Is this right?

Is it normal that I can sign staff only on non-contracts, eventhough the personnel already at the club are part timers? Also cannot offer full time contracts to players (I think in earlier game version it was possible), and part time contracts must have squad status set to key player. Is this right?

Are non-contract staff effectively working for free? It might be you can only sign them on that because you don't have any wage budget left. When I started at Kingstonian I could sign players with any squad status - are the ones you are trying to sign just being insistent on how important they are to you? You won't be able to offer full-time contracts until the board decides to turn the club professional; that'll be in the BSP or when you get promoted to League 2.

Good luck! There's a couple of us on here doing quite well with the K's.

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '21-'22. Championship.

Kingstonian_FClogo.gif

League position: 12th League table

FA Cup: 4R

League Cup: 1R

Summary: Season progress Current squad A mixed bag of a season that ended with a great deal of optimism for the future. Started with some good results before running into some better teams and getting taken apart. Briefly rallied mid-season (and beat a Tottenham side 4-0 in the FAC3R) but January sucked; form plummeted, team meetings caused morale to follow, and I seriously considered walking away from it all. I gambled on a tactics change, going more attacking and shifting away from my preferred counter-attacking style. It worked, and we raced away from the relegation zone, and I added a couple of free transfer signings to fit into the new formation. We looked set for a top-half finish, but 3 straight losses put paid to that. The season highlight was a last day drubbing of QPR, as well as players getting full caps for Wales and Northern Ireland to add to my overseas and U21 internationals.

Transfers: Transfers The scouts uncovered a lot of young prospects, so quite a few were signed; some went into the 1st team squad, others were sent out on loan. Being able to scout outside of the UK was extremely useful. After our January slump a lot of the youngsters got a chance, and the K's started a couple of games with a fully overseas starting XI (although some of those have been at the club for a few years and have English 2nd nationality). Key signing was Benik Afobe - 10 games, 10 goals after signing in March.

Future prospects:

Most of the squad are prospects, I only have a handful of players over 21.

Remi Nduwayo - Burundi international goalkeeper, stats aren't great but he's a quality stopper at this level.

Alexander Schneider - German defender

Jesper Hansen - commanding centre-back, first-team regular at just 18

Karl-Heinz Kratz - German attacking full-back

Lars Schober - another German youngster, building him up to take over from Bakary Bunga Cham as my defensive midfielder

Sebastian Campagna - late season signing, a definite starter for next year

Karim Slama - French forward, got picked on by the press for "lack of maturity" but has excellent potential

I'm actually quite confident for next season! Loads of cash in the bank, board seems to have started planning a new stadium although nothing has been announced yet.

2021 - L1 6th (promoted through play-offs)

2122 - Ch 12th

Thanks for good luck wishes Sideshow Robbie Earle.

I have plenty of wage budget remaining. The non-contract staff are working for free on moth to month basis. My part timer staff can also be offered only non-contract deals. When I offer part time contract to a player I'm trying to sign, the only squad status that is available is key player. If I offer an amateur contract, the only status available is youngster - amateur cntr can be offered only to youth players. If I offer a non-contract deal, the statuses available are first team, rotation, backup and hot prospect if the player is young. The players already at my club can be offered part time deals with any squad status.

I created this save with the latest (I think) patch 12.1.0 242761(m.e v993) installed. Maybe that has brought these changes (on purpose)? Or is what I have described something that should not be happening? What else I have noticed after installing the patch is that, on this new semi-pro Kingstonian save, and older saves with pro clubs, the player 1 year contract extention after x number of games played clause (or what ever it is/was called) has disappeared and cannot be offered in negotiations.

Regarding player contracts, I have found, and logged it as a bug, that I cannot offer non-contract terms to any player, be it an existing squad member, or a new recruit. This has left me with a real problem, as every player wants a salary, which eats into my ever decreasing budget.

Managing Hastings United, I have spent 5 seasons in the BSS. It's getting a little frustrating!

I'll keep on going, as it doesnt appear the issue has been resolved in the latest patch, but as soon as it does I will be starting a new save.

Little things in this game sometimes annoy me. Two things; 1. Fans complaining about me not changing formation after a game in which I played with a completely different formation than the one they were complaining about and 2.Stadium re-development finally completed and pitch was re-turfed over break too, no games have been played on there, it was 'perfect' when stand construction started and now that it's complete, it's 'terrible'.

Doesn't help that I'm in a really bad run of matches in the Championship, have dropped from 3rd to 10th in 5 matches and could be 14th by next week.

Long time, no post. I've already got the next season done, but I'll post that later today.

Canvey Island - 2015/16 End of Season Update - L1

The promotion train keeps on going...

League: (Positions) The season started off by getting approached by Cardiff, just imagine what I could do with that transfer budget?? But after duly declining, everything else was just completely straightforward. I knew from the previous year that we were capable of doing well here, but I didn't expect to run away with the league as much as I did. The only times were were knocked off the top was early in the season when internationals pushed my fixtures back (the downside of having mostly U-21s in your side). So all in all another pretty successful season :cool:.

Cups

FA Cup : A fantastic run here, although I avoided any 'big' teams until playing runaway-CH leaders Wigan in the last 16, who surprisingly put out a weaker side here than usual, but we were eventually stopped at Norwich, which was a shame since we dominated the game quite clearly.

League Cup : I don't know what to say about this run; so I'll let the screenies do that for me...

1st Round: Ipswich 1-2 Canvey

2nd Round: West Ham 1-5 Canvey

3rd Round: Swansea 2-5 Canvey

4th Round: Bolton 1-3 Canvey (after extra time)

Quarters: Fulham 2-4 Canvey

Semis Leg 1: Wigan 3-0 Canvey

Semis Leg 2: Canvey 3-3 Wigan [3-6 agg]

Slight shame we went out on our only home tie... :rolleyes:

Johnstone's Paint Trophy : (Final) Easy as you like, although we almost got caught out against Torquay with penalties required.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: I would say one of the main reasons we were so good from the start was the limited transactions in the summer, compared to other seasons. It also helps that Impey, Oliseh and Rush are easily Championship quality.

Player of the Season : Stephen Impey - AMR

For 19, this guy is ridiculously good. Hope we can keep him for a while since his goal and assist contribution will be vital at the next level.

Finances : Good cup run, meet new stadium expansion :rolleyes: (although the graph doesn't show it, the numbers do)

History:

2012-13: BSS - 1st

2013-14: BSP - 1st, FA Trophy Winners

2014-15: L2 - 1st, JPT Winners

2015-16: L1 - 1st, JPT Winners

^^^Wow, I've yet to raise a single dollar from transfers and you've raised 4mill this year from them, just blows my mind. I really need to improve my scouting methods and ways of enticing players to the club in the early years of the challenge. Incredible effort midgetram and that money should enable you to afford even better players and keep winning leagues, let alone getting promoted.

Tooting-mitcham-utd.jpg

Tooting & Mitcham United Football Club

2017/18 Season Review

npower Championship

Table|Graph|Squad|Transfers|Profile

The preseason saw an increase in scouting and consequently, an influx of players from around Europe. Notable transfers included Fjellseth (snapshot is just after 4mth inj layoff), Ferner (started in U-18 and promoted when Capelloni went down for 4mths), Jung (became first choice striker in the second half of the season), Wamba (never really clicked on field), Rafferty and Halilovic my new starting centre backs and young wide players in Teresi and Amato (in Jan window).

The season started very well and we were challenging for automatic promotion until the halfway stage of the season when everything started to go wrong and T&M went on their worst run in my time. We lost Fjellseth and Capelloni to torn calf muscles, fullbacks Hunt and Martin got injured as did RW Bristow, CMS Waters and Jenkins and then striker Ansah. Whilst we had improved our depth this season, I had wanted to bring the young international players in a bit more gradually but they had to be thrown in and combined with other teams working out our fairly predictable gameplan, we

went on a horror 9 game run, only managing 3 draws in that time to see us drop down as low as 11th and now with no chance of promotion and an uphill battle for a playoff spot.

We also went out in our opening FA Cup tie to fellow CH team Charlton, adding to our first up loss in the League Cup to L2 battlers Torquay (although admittedly, I had over half my starting eleven away on international duty that day).

We finally steadied the ship with a 1-0 win over Hull and after a string of draws, we slowly stared climbing back towards the playoff spots but a loss at home to Bolton on the penultimate day saw an end to our chances and we ended the season four points away in 8th.

Leading Scorer: Ansah He's reached his maximum level and has now been surpassed by Jung but he still scores when given the chance, I'd like to keep him but he wants a lot of cash for next year. He's also the club's favourite personnell, so letting him go will upset many at the club.

Leading Assists: Luongo and Holmes Both played in the hole behind the striker on many occasions, sometimes both played together with Luongo dropping deeper. Would love to keep both if I can.

Most Important: Andrews No real back up keeper still so re-signing Andrews during the season was vital. Been with me since the BSP and although his rating isn't that good, he's easily one of the best keepers in the Championship.

Off-field we had to use the Feltham Arena until the end of January and due to CH laws, we could only have as many people as there were seats. There are only 650 seats at Feltham so our crowds were 650 each home game. Since Feb, we've been back at Imperial Fields and have averaged over 7,000 per home game. This meant we started making money towards the end of the season and if we can continue that trend next season, it will put us in a good position financially.

Finances

Board Overview

Goals for 2017/18:

• Mid-table Championship finish Success
  • Improve squad with players from Europe which I can now scout Success
  • Good money making cup run Failure

Goals for 2018/19:

• Promotion
  • Try to recruit 5 star potential players in every position, HG where possible
  • Save money to improve training and youth facilities

[u]Season    Division   Position    Achievements[/u]
2012/13     BSS        7th        FA Trophy-3rd Rd
2013/14     BSS        3rd        Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup-4th Rd
2014/15     BSP        4th        Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup-3rd Rd, FA Trophy Winners
2015/16     L2         3rd        Automatic Promotion, JPT South Winner, JPT Finalist
2016/17     L1         2nd        Automatic Promotion, League Cup-Qtr Final, FA Cup-3rd Rd
2017/18     CH         8th        None

^^^Wow, I've yet to raise a single dollar from transfers and you've raised 4mill this year from them, just blows my mind. I really need to improve my scouting methods and ways of enticing players to the club in the early years of the challenge. Incredible effort midgetram and that money should enable you to afford even better players and keep winning leagues, let alone getting promoted.

I try and get young players released from the big teams, when they get good I sell them on. It works for the lower leagues, but historically I struggle in the bigger leagues since I usually have a large turnover of players. Also, the large transfer fees are usually my board selling over my head, my asking price is usually twice as much as they let them go for :rolleyes:

I try and get young players released from the big teams, when they get good I sell them on. It works for the lower leagues, but historically I struggle in the bigger leagues since I usually have a large turnover of players. Also, the large transfer fees are usually my board selling over my head, my asking price is usually twice as much as they let them go for :rolleyes:

I can understand the board doing it. The money means a huge amount to the club and you're winning leagues by 25pts so it doesn't appear to be affecting your onfield performance either. Obviously, this only assumes that the money the board makes for selling the players goes back into the club by way of ground, training, etc improvements and transfer budget.

Does anyone know how to stop conceding a goal from a header won in the middle of the pitch? The sequence is, my keeper takes goal kick, opposition player wins header around centre circle, the header goes over the top of my centre backs to a perfectly timed run from the opposition striker who reaches the ball just outside the edge of the box and scores the goal.

Archived