FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welshace - Cheers for that, mate. I've now changed him into a 'Attacking Midfielder > Support', a change that I've contemplated before, but I have my doubts as to whether my team can play with two 'Advanced Playmakers' - I have not set a primary playmaker, so this may help somewhat.

I've got a Premier League match against Wolves, so I'm hoping my new set-up works :thup:

Absolute domination in my penultimate pre-season match...

vfb7h0.png

Very, very pleased with the performance- just look at the possession! Arteta completed 88 passes, got an assist and scored an absolutely beautiful goal, too! I'm looking forward to the season! :D

how is chuck aneke doing for you guys? just about to start a game with the gunners and see that he's transfer listed?!!!

and he looks like this??

chuksanekeoverviewattri.png

he looks damn good...

The very first thing I did was promote him to the senior squad, give him a few pre-season games and then put him out on loan. He was doing very well!

ahh you have a midfield triangle? who's your advanced playmaker?

Yes I do. For the majority of the season, it's been Alex Song, Mikel Arteta; Tomas Rosicky. Although, with Rosicky having a few fitness issues, Aaron Ramsey's played numerous times as the AMC, but he's had his fair share of injuries too!

Llew - don't be too quick to go to control or attacking - standard is very effective. Arteta has 15 assists for me this season, has been well involved

I've always played with my philosophy of 'Control' and, despite the benefits that you've outlined, I've always been reluctant to play with a different philosophy with Arsenal. I've just beat Wolves 3-0 in a dominant performance, but my new midfield set-up seems to be working a treat. Mikel Arteta gets into far better positions, yet he doesn't forget his defensive duties. I play him as a 'Advanced Playmaker > Support' from a deeper position, as suggested, and it's doing very well. I'll keep you updated. Anyway, here's Laurent Koscielny's goal from that match - screamer!

[video=youtube;vfQRTABRESs]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfQRTABRESs

:cool:

The very first thing I did was promote him to the senior squad, give him a few pre-season games and then put him out on loan. He was doping very well!

So you encourage your players to use performance enhancing drugs? ;)

Season Update 2011/12 - April 2012

PRM - Everton 1-2 Arsenal - Benayoun, van Persie

A tight league game, where we had al the chances, but Everton (reduced to 10 men) sat deeper and deeper, before Rosicky earned us a late penalty after coming off the bench only 60 seconds before.

PRM - Arsenal 3-1 Man City - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Lescott og

We dominated the game completely, possession, chances, the works. Crucial to this was the individual battle between Oxlade-Chamberlain and Clichy which Oxlade-Chamberlain won convincingly, including a towering header to take the lead.

PRM - Wolves 0-3 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta, Mertesacker

A tidy finish early on from Oxlade-Chamberlain set the tone, as a rested team did a great job. Arteta hit the woodwork twice before scoring the free kick earned when Karl Henry was sent off for a professional foul. A late Mertesacker header wrapped up the points.

FA SF - Stoke 0-1 Arsenal - van Persie

A solitary penalty from van Persie with 10 minutes to go was the only goal in a dreadful semi final. Both sides were reserved - so Stoke sat deep, and we retained possession, eventually a rash tackle from Delap on Wilshere in the box earned us a penalty and a place in the final.

PRM - Arsenal 4-1 Tottenham - Vermaelen (2), Wilshere, Gervinho

We started quickly, Vermaelen headed the opened in the first minute, and the 2nd after 12 minutes. Wilshere rounded Gomes and left him flat on his arse before rolling the ball into an empty net for the third and Gervinho tucked away a sumptously curled 4th. Defoe scored an injury-time consolation.

PRM - Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea - Koscielny, van Persie, Sagna

Another early header got us underway, before van Persie squeezed a ball inside the near post for 2-0. We made it safe when Sagna smashed a shot into the top corner.

PRM - Arsenal 4-0 Wigan - Benayoun, van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alcaraz og

As dominant as it looked, and with a 4-0 half time lead, I rested players and kept the ball.

PRM - Stoke 1-1 Arsenal - Benayoun

A priceless equaliser from Benayoun was good, but Szczesny's man of the match 9.2 was crucial in surviving a Stoke onslaught of headers in the first half. A hard earned point.

Premier League - require 1 point to win the league - 2 games to do it in. Man utd must win all 4 games remaining to win the league, and I hope I lose my 2 remaining.

FA Cup - in Final against Man City

surely you'd play ramsey at cm and arteta at amc? ...

Personally, no. It's never occurred to me to play Arteta as a AMC, and this is primarily due to his role in reality. Arteta's composure and defensive positioning is put to far better use in a deeper role where he's also judged defensively aswell as offensively, in my opinion. I think he can support the attack, don't get me wrong, I just prefer the enthusiastic Ramsey in that. Rambo's two-footedness is also a factor towards my decision.

Well, what a turn up for the books.. a new Premier League record! Highest scoring game, woo-hoo etc. Bearing in mind this game was without RVP and it was Ilsinho's debut (only signed him to keep Willian company, £2.7m)

Me11Newcastle0.png

And my results since the 6-0 drubbing have been superb, well chuffed. My aggressive one on one private chats worked! :thup:

FixturesSince6-0Loss.png

Decided to start afresh as Fm was getting a bit stale, so I started a new save, and swapped my match engine to 2D. I also have 2 network games going so I should not be bored for a long time

My Transfers

AEF1B52CFCB7CD5D44895A1E162A132915D025BD

My Squad

FEB191000BC5920D73BDB01B718E7F29737F0931

Pre season, and played my first match forgetting to post here :D

578B467CFCDE20040D47A5BDA8E1530B66773809

Pre-Season Update - 2012/2013

After a successful first season at Arsenal, I was hoping to keep it up! My aim is to win the Domestic Treble and get to atleast the Semi-Finals of the Champions League.

Transfers

In

Domenisco Criscito - Zenit - £17.25 million ~ £55k p/w

René Adler - Leverkusen - Free ~ £30k p/w

Out

Carlos Vela - Ajax - £5 million

Abou Diaby - PSG - £5 million

Nicklas Bendtner - Bayern Munich - £5 million

Vito Mannone - AC Milan - £1.4 million

Andrey Arshavin - Atlético Mardid - £60k (Wanted to lose his wages :))

Sébastien Squillaci - Southampton - Free

Loans

André Santos - Fiorentina - Loan (£1.8 million fee)

Per Mertesacker - Málaga - Loan (£2.5 million fee)

Wojciech Szczesny - Real Madrid - Loan (£2 million fee)

Wellington Silva - Catania - Loan (£130k free)

Denílson - Lazio - Loan (£1.3 million fee)

James Shea, Benik Afobe and Zak Ansah went out on loan to lower leagues.

Pres Season Fixtures

Lille 1-4 Arsenal

Basa - van Persie(2), Oxlade-Chamberlain, WIlshere

Porto 1-2 Arsenal

Danilo - Ramsey, van Persie

Sheffield Utd 1-4

Morgan - van Persie(3), Miyaichi

Crotone 0-11 Arsenal

van Persie(9), Lacazette, Arshavin

Hearts of Oak 0-3 Arsenal

van Persie(2), Lacazette

A few easy games and a couple of tough ones, the wins against Lille and Porto were good, both we even games. The other 3 fixtures was to get confidence up, and a little bit of money income.

Community Shield

Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United

van Persie(2)

Both teams had a few key players missing due to the Olympics, but Robin managed to grab to great chances in a pretty poor game. Happy with the first trophy of the campaign!

Watch out for Criscito, Malikoi, he cost me an fa cup, champions league and Pl title in 2 seasons through sending offs

Ok cheers! :thup: That surprises me as his aggression attribute is pretty low. :confused:

He's played pretty well for me so far, so fingers crossed.

Season Update 2011/12 - May 2012

PRM - Arsenal 4-0 Norwich - Chamakh (2), Koscielny, Tierney og Arsenal are Champions

Wrapped up the title with 2 very early goals from Chamakh. Job done, title ours, and deservedly so.

FA - Man City 2-1 Arsenal - Koscielny

A poor performance, and 2 defensive errors let City race into a 2-goal halftime lead. We never looked like winning it.

PRM - West Brom 4-0 Arsenal

A shocking end to season, a team of players getting a run-out and players who were already thinking about their holidays were destroyed.

Premier League - Champions

FA Cup - Runners Up

Carling Cup - Runners Up

Champions League - Knockout Round

August 2012

Premier League

Blackburn 1-4 Arsenal

Yakubu - van Persie(2), Gervinho(2)

After Blackburn scored in the first minute I thought "Oh crap, tough game ahead" but then.. BAM! We ran riot and scored 3 in the last 15 minutes of the first half and ran out desrved winners.

Arsenal 3-1 Manchester City

van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Muniain - Aguero (Adebayor)

Our first tough game of the Premier League season. Adebayor made it easier after getting sent of mid way through the first half, but injuring Walcott in the proccess. Van Persie hit his 3rd goal in 2 games just before the break, but Aguero equallised in the 55th minute. Substitutes Oxlade-Chamberlain and Muniain then turned it on in the last 10 minutes to get us the win.

European Super Cup

Manchester City 2-4 Arsenal

Aguero, Vidal (David Silva) - Gervinho(2), Oxlade-Chamberlain, van Persie

The second game between us in a week saw us come out victorious again, this time it was harder. Aguero and Vidal put them 2 up in the first 35 minutes, but Gervinho scored just before half time to give us a glimmer of hope. I gave my team a telling off at half time which motivated them to get us the win scoring 3 second half goals. David Silva got sent off in the last minute with a silly lunge on Chamberlain.Very happy with the win, and our second trophy of the season!

Edit: Also made my first youth signing of the season with Hakan Kiliç.

Ever since the new patch it seems getting younger players tutored is a bit easier. I've just set up four new partnerships without any reluctance from the young players in question at all, which makes a very welcome change from the bratty attitudes I used to get.

Speaking of youngsters, I just got Isaac Cuenca on a free in late February. For some reason, he was completely unattached.

Agh! I have defensive options of Adil Rami, Alvaro Dominguez, Kurt Zouma, (only young though), Varmaelen, Mertesacker and Vorsah yet I can't stop shipping in goals!

2nd in the league but have conceded a shocking 41 goals in 30 matches!

My goalkeeping options are Szczesny and ter Stagen and both consistently fail to get above a rating of 7.0 and make silly mistakes.

I have tried so many tactics but can not keep a clean sheet!

Agh! I have defensive options of Adil Rami, Alvaro Dominguez, Kurt Zouma, (only young though), Varmaelen, Mertesacker and Vorsah yet I can't stop shipping in goals!

2nd in the league but have conceded a shocking 41 goals in 30 matches!

My goalkeeping options are Szczesny and ter Stagen and both consistently fail to get above a rating of 7.0 and make silly mistakes.

I have tried so many tactics but can not keep a clean sheet!

ok a few things - the goalkeepers are both magnificent. their ratings drop if they concede goals - even if it is not their fault. So it is a team thing not a goalkeeping thing.

As for your tactics etc - what team instructions, formation, roles and players do you use?

Your team report will have a section saying how and where you are conceding goals from - this will be useful to use to help you mate

February 2012

Premier League

Arsenal 4-0 Stoke

Lacazette(2), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Begovic OG

Nice easy game to start the months fixtures. Lacazette still in the same form as last season.

Reading 0-4 Arsenal

van Persie(3), Federici OG

A first half hat-trick from Robin set us up for an easy win against newly promoted Reading.

Arsenal 6-0 Aston Villa

van Persie(5), Muniain

A top notch perfoemance from van Persie and Muniain. Completely dominated and it was 4-0 at half time.

Champions League

Group Stage - Game 1

Arsenal 4-2 Ajax

Lacazette(2), van Persie, van Buyten OG - Madureira, Sigþórsson

A nice start to our Champions League campaign, Ajax played veery well but couldn't stop our attacking presence.

League Cup

Third Round

Arsenal 2-1 QPR

Lacazette(2) - Wright-Phillips

Another needlessly hard game against QPR who had an equaliser ruled out on the stroke of full time, lucky to win.

Bad News

The very bright Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been injured for 9 months due to a terrible tackle against Aston Villa, not even a yellow card for it. Going to be missed as has played brilliantly so far this season.

ok a few things - the goalkeepers are both magnificent. their ratings drop if they concede goals - even if it is not their fault. So it is a team thing not a goalkeeping thing.

As for your tactics etc - what team instructions, formation, roles and players do you use?

Your team report will have a section saying how and where you are conceding goals from - this will be useful to use to help you mate

Thanks for the help! I do realize that they will drop ratings whenever they concede, however I have noticed a few times "mistake lead to goal" next to their rating after the full-time talk

I don't really get the whole analysis side of FM so some help would be appreciated greatly.

Here's my team report on goals:

lxiIdB.png

And the types of goals:

5ZEwg7.png

My team instructions weren't created through the Tactic Creator as I tend to download custom made tactics (I know, cheating) and try and tweak them a little, as I am terrible at creating my own...

rrgK1R.png

Try and play a bit less attacking, that might help. :p

Thanks. Also I've noticed my midfield when I go to "match performance report" it says that nearly all of them are used to playing at a higher tempo. Shall I increase the tempo?

I would like to play with more possession also as I like to work the ball into the box, but can not for the life of me get a tactic which gives me over 55% possession! :(

Using a slower tempo normally grants more possession, from what I've seen in-game and on the forums, have you tried using. Do you use Touchline shouts? That might help, using the "Work ball into box" and "Pass to feet" shouts.

Im not a tactical expert though so maybe llama3 can help a bit more. :)

Using a slower tempo normally grants more possession, from what I've seen in-game and on the forums, have you tried using. Do you use Touchline shouts? That might help, using the "Work ball into box" and "Pass to feet" shouts.

Im not a tactical expert though so maybe llama3 can help a bit more. :)

Great, thanks anyway. How do you use touchline shouts btw?

andrewfx - your team looks very attacking, this will be a major issue. I often use "standard" strategy - as it is the most well-balanced, and encourages possession football a lot more.

You have conceded most in the centre of the pitch, via passes - it could be wrong, but i would say you get caught on the ball, or you get overloaded in the middle without players back to defend and concede as a result. I cannot emphasis enough how well basic roles work in a team. Don't play a Deep-Lying Playmaker or Ball-Playing Centre-Back that lofts the ball forward and loses it. My team has a bog-standard goalkeeper, 2 x central defender (defend) and 2 x central midfielder (defend & support) and it works well. I play default freedom - as in your case you are playing very attacking - if you throw too much freedom at them they won't sit and hold positions, or keep the ball as often. You need a defensive theory to stick to like glue - either a high line or deep and compact. If you play a high line then get your players pressing and chasing the ball too. I highly recommend TC - you get such balanced tactics that you can adapt in a flash.

What formation and style do you want to play?

I disagree in saying that you shouldn't play a Deep Lying Playmaker. I use one (Arteta) and he is fantastic, a pass completeion rating of 89% in season one, and he got 14 assists in 29 games. Him and Wilshere were the heart beat of my team.

Edit: Ramsey played that position aswell and in 35 games got a completion rate of 91% with 19 assists.

andrewfx - your team looks very attacking, this will be a major issue. I often use "standard" strategy - as it is the most well-balanced, and encourages possession football a lot more.

You have conceded most in the centre of the pitch, via passes - it could be wrong, but i would say you get caught on the ball, or you get overloaded in the middle without players back to defend and concede as a result. I cannot emphasis enough how well basic roles work in a team. Don't play a Deep-Lying Playmaker or Ball-Playing Centre-Back that lofts the ball forward and loses it. My team has a bog-standard goalkeeper, 2 x central defender (defend) and 2 x central midfielder (defend & support) and it works well. I play default freedom - as in your case you are playing very attacking - if you throw too much freedom at them they won't sit and hold positions, or keep the ball as often. You need a defensive theory to stick to like glue - either a high line or deep and compact. If you play a high line then get your players pressing and chasing the ball too. I highly recommend TC - you get such balanced tactics that you can adapt in a flash.

What formation and style do you want to play?

Thanks for that, I've tried developing a tactic myself but they don't seem to be overly effective.

Here is the style I'm playing in at the moment:

YHDe4C.png

Have tried tweaking Hamsik and Willian a little more in their advanced settings too.

Not sure on my wing play and which would be more effective in my team though.

On another note, I just got knocked out of the Champions League quarter finals due to some utter stupidity from my players

dNUczI.png

Both have been fined two weeks ages. Fuming!

I am such a bloody wally.. Seydou Doumbia, Gervinho & Alex Song were all called up to the African Cup of Nations. So I put all 3 of them into the reserves the day they left just to keep the first team looking a bit neat and unclustered (silly I know) now all 3 of them are miffed with me and are considering their options even though I put them all straight back into the first team as soon as I noticed this! I know I could reload but I stupidly hadn't saved it for a while and had just had a cracking result so didn't want to lose that..

Do you think they'll get over it? It's a bit silly really. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Don't mean to clog up the thread but I hate tactics!

Just had a few games with my new tactic which I built myself, and although I completely dominated the game against Chelsea, I still managed to concede two goals and just scraped a win! I don't understand why my defense let's in so many goals!? Also, they both came from non-clear cut chances. *sigh*

s6tNum.png

Perhaps Andrewfx - reduce creative freedom to default, go short passing and zonal marking. Maybe Rondon as a Complete Forward? Thing is if you have a DLP - you should have your wide men on attack roles to make runs in behind the defence, same as your forward should be. You have 2 support roles, and a target man (who regardless of his attacking role, will try and hold the ball up instead)

@ Andrewfx: Have you tried putting your match preperation to "Defensive Positioning"? When I play as Arsenal this is all I have it on, give it a try if you haven't already. :thup:

A good thought actually, shall give it a go, thanks! :thup:

An improvement...

sgdWR3.png

After accidently deleting my save i decided to start up a new one and holiday through the first season, and it turned into a nightmare!!!

First Season Review

Prem: After noticing results were not ideal i decided to return from holiday earlier than expected and found myself sitting in 5th spot,5 points behind 4th with about 5 games to go. Luckily i managed to turn it around and edged 4th spot on goal difference to Chelsea. A massive lesson learnt here!!

CL: Exited at the first knockout stage on penalties to Bayer Leverkusen. Another lesson learnt!!!

CC: Lost 2-1 away to Blackburn in the third round. Lesson learnt me thinks!!!!

FA Cup: Luckily i was in the Final when i returned from holiday and managed to beat Liverpool 2-0 with Theo bagging both the goals in a very one sided game to atleast please the board that we gained silverware. Without this victory i honestly think i would have been sacked.

First Season Transfers

IN:

Gretar Steinsson - Bolton - 2.8M

Luke Shaw - Southampton - 1.2M

Felipe Anderson - Santos - 5.25M

Mehdi Benatia - Udinese - 8.75M

Dellatorre - Internacional - 2M

Lenny Nagis - Caen - 2.2M

Total - 22M

Out

Almunia - Barca - 2.2M

Alot of youngsters went out on loan

Total - 2.2M

Alongside the various dissappointments of the season i also lost a number of staff due to being poached during the season. One of those being Martin Keown who i had lined up as Pat Rice's replacement :mad: I decided to take it all on the chin and rather than starting all over again i decided to use it as a very steep learning curve ( i have never holidayed before and will never do so again!!) and make the second season one to remember. First up was to fill the voids in my coaching and scouting positions. I then had to replace Pat Rice, which i found a very good Brazillian to slot into place. Next up it was down to the playing staff and i decided to take the plunge and begin a rather dramatic overhaul of the first team squad to lower the ridiculously high wage bill.

Transfers 2012/13

IN

Angel Jose - Roma - 15.5M

Dede - Vasco - 23M

Danny Dewis - Crewe - 60K

Carlos Fierro - Chivas - 4M

Juanmi - Malaga - 15.5M

Total - 58M

OUT

Bendtner - Wolves - 9.25M

Squillaci - Villa - 1.1M

Djourou - Wolves - 4.8M

Santos - Villa - 6.5M

Arshavin - Shalke - 3M

Mannone - Inter - 1.2M

Vela - Southampton - 4.1M

Various players out on loan deals

Total - 31.5M

Am hoping with me taking full control this season, i could do far better in all competitions and hopefully end up with another piece of silverware or more :)

Will update at a later time with the progress i have made and any last minute transfers that may or may not happen as this transfer window comes to a close.

introductionh.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - NOVEMBER;

With the October beginning badly before a increase in the team's performance towards the end of the month, it was vital that we carried our reasonably good form through into the month of November. With the likes of Bayer Leverkusen and Partizan Belgarde, this month could make or break our UEFA Champions League campaign.

NOVEMBER - FIXTURES & RESULTS;

UEFA Champions League | Group Stage;

Arsenal - 0

Leverkusen - 0

Disappointed as we had the chances to win this game. After a struggle at the Bay-Arena in the corresponding fixture, Leverkusen came to The Emirates in high hopes and expectations. Our defensive display was good, keeping a clean sheet, but in front of goal we were sloppy and made to rue missed chances. Positives nonetheless.

Barclays Premier League;

Everton - 0 (Heitinga Red Card '26)

Arsenal - 2 (Walcott '64, van Persie '82)

Happy with this win, especially with our lack of goals in midweek. We dominated proceedings from the first to last minute, ending the match with a healthy 64% of the ball which is good going considering the respectable and established opposition. We were given a helping hand by Johnny Heitinga, but Walcott seized the opportunity and opened the scoring before RVP lacthed onto a long ball from left-back Kieran Gibbs and finished with aplomb. Good win.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 1 (Benayoun '43)

Wigan - 1 (Rodallega pen '11)

How we didn't win this I will never know! Possession, clear cut chances... we had the lot, but still came away with an annoying draw. After early pressure from Wigan's 5-3-1-1 formation which lead t o the goal, we steadied ourselves and came back through Benayoun before half-time. Oxlade-Chamberlain had good chances but failed to conjurer anything up. Disappointed.

UEFA Champions League | Group Stage;

Arsenal - 0

Partizan - 0

Very much similar to the Wigan game, we had so many chances but failed to convert on all occasions. Whether it was Oxlade-Chamberlain cutting inside or Rosicky breaking ahead of the striker, we were always making good chances and we were made to regret these misses. Partizan's 'keeper, Stojkovic, was brilliant in the too and almost signle-handedly won a point for the Serbian domestic champions.

Barclays Premier League;

Norwich - 0 (Morison Red Card '45+2)

Arsenal - 2 (Ramsey '72, Suárez '79)

Happy with this win. After Steve Morison's double-footed challenge from behind, he was dismissed and we took an even firmer grasp on the game. Again, I cannot believe how it remained all square from 70 minutes of the game. We had many an opportunity to take the lead, but some Ruddy good saves kept Norwich at evens with us. Ramsey, who came on as a sub, provided the first goal before the impressive Matías Suárez finished off the scoring.

Carling Cup | Quarter Final;

Ipswich Town - 0

Arsenal - 1 (Arteta '14)

With the games starting to catch up on us, I decided to rest many a first-team player, but it was one of the remaining few who got us into the Semi-Finals. Mikel Arteta's 14th minute free-kick bagged us a vital win. As for the youngsters, the likes of Francis Coquelin, Carl Jenkinson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all played 90 minutes while Adballah Yaisien appeared as a second-half substitute.

bpltablenovember.png

Barclays Premier League table; as of November 4th

ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD?

Manuel Almunia's exit to the Santiago Bernabéu - It has been coming, but we've finally agreed a deal with José Mourinho's men to take the hap hazard Manuel Almunia back to his homeland and to Real Madrid. I've only got £800,000 for him, but that's better than nothing. He will be leaving in January.

Possible Transfer Targets - With the January Transfer Window approaching, I've started to focus on strengthening my squad for the vital second-half to my season. Here are a few targets;

JAN VERTONGHEN - This deal is looking ever more likely, especially with the disappointing season that AFC Ajax are having in the Eredivisie. He's stated his discontent at Ajax's season so far. A possible £8 million deal is on the cards in January.

LUKAS PODOLSKI - With RVP picking up a few niggling injuries all season, I'm not convinced that we have enough fire power other than RVP. Saying that, Matías Suárez has made a good impact and added much needed strength in depth to the squad. A deal for Lu-Lu-Lu, Lukas Podolski is more likely come the Summer.

COYG!

September update

Man City at home - 4-1 win! Wilshere, Walcott, Sagna, Henry. After going 1-0 down on the opening day within 11 minutes things looked like they would get worse, however quick counter attacking football at it's best got me the win. The pick of the goals being Sagna skinning Clichy 35 yards out and blasting the ball into the net.

Udinese away - 1-0 loss. First leg I tried giving several players a debut, and their crazy formation stumped us and they got the goal they needed without conceding.

Bolton away - 4-2 win. Walcott, McNaughton OG, Benayoun, RVP. Very entertaining game, a sloppy goal the only downer.

Udinese at home. 1-0 win. AOC Won on Penalties. The Ox got his first and very vital goal against Udinese, scored all 4 penalties, they missed 2.

Spurs at home. 3-1 win! Gervinho, Benayoun, Djourou. Went a goal down to a Adebayor penalty inside 10 minutes, recovered well and turned possession into goals

Champions League group

Arsenal

leverkusen

Valencia

Partizan

League Cup 3rd round

Arsenal vs Everton

Archived