FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

The way I upload screenies, which I figured out yesterday is to

press f12 ingame to save a screenshot to your steam account

then press alt+tab to open your ingame steam manager and click screenshots, then upload from current session

open your browser, go to the steam site, click community and sign in, bookmark it to make this quicker in future

go to screenshots, click on the screeie you wanna polst here, view it in its full size

copy and paste the link here, popping [img-][/img-] around it, remove the -

this way also saves you having to create an account on image sites and makes you have have a secure place to get them again

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohh! Has this happened to anyone else? I know Llew will like it! :D

malars.png

From Arsenal to Málaga! Arsène knows best :D

Hoping to get a pre-season update on here tonight, seeing that the North London Derby, which is also the opening game of the season, is only a week away! As for transfers, I'll comment on those once the Transfer Window slams shut.

Im playing a 4-2-3-1 shape with a Fluid Philosophy, Control Startegy

Here is my 1st 11

GK: Szczesny

WBL: Aly Cissokho - Attack

WBR: Sagna - Attack

CD: Vermaelen - Stopper

CD: Mertesacker - Cover

BWM: Song - Defend

DLP: Arteta/Wilshere - Support

AP: Ganso - Attack

IF: Hazard - Attack

RW: Walcott - Attack

T: van Persie - Attack

I think that team has a chance of success with abit of luck

Good setup there, I would probably be most worried about the defense though, having both wingback's set to attack I think it would leave a lot of space behind them and could be hit on the counter, Iw ould probably have them set to 'Automatic' :thup:

Ok thanks for the advice. Iv just changed that

Hi Guys,

Just started a Arsenal game on the new patch, looking forward to it :)

Any suggestions on signings? I was wondering if to get maybe Munain, Hazard, or maybe Ganso or perhaps I dont need any signings although I am not sure the squad would cope with all four competitions.

Thoughts would be welcome :)

Cheers

LG

I set my Ass Man to control my pre season games. 7 games altogether which we won all but 1 against Colorado.

So then the season kicked off

Newcaste 1-1 Arsenal - van Persie

]A good draw in the end here. After 12mins Gibbs got injured and had to replaced by Cissokho, who in turn got sent off after being on the pitch for a whole 6mins (not the finest debut). After that the match was pretty even until Cisse bagged after 33mins. The rest of the half was about not conceding any more. At half time i made a few adjustments and they seemed to work and we got the goal we deserved 73mins in. Happy with the draw

Arsenal 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv - Khacheridi own goal

A match we dominated but just couldnt find the net so had the rely on an own goal.

Arsenal 4-2 Blackburn - Ganso, Wilshere, Vermaelen, Gervinho

Ganso scored after 27 seconds, after that it was pretty much plain sailing

Dynamo Kyiv 0-3 Arsenal - van persie 2, Gervinho

Comfortable win

Man City 0-1 Arsenal - van Persie

Great win for the team. Koscielny was sent off in the 57th minute so it was great to hang on.

Im happy with the start we made in August. Time to rest for 10 days

Hello. I think if you are going to compete with the best then you do need to invest in a few new players. I have signed Hazard and Ganso, they are playing well especially Hazard on the left as an inside forward.

Have a shop around and see what you can find that might work for you.

Thoughts would be welcome :)

Cheers

LG

Would I be mad to get rid of Van Persie?

I'm half-way through my first season and he has already been out three times, for months at a time. I hardlys get to play him!

Just brought in Salomon Rondon for £10M and could bring in Cavani at the start of next season... I think I could get around £30M for Van Persie hopefully but I don't know if I should let him go. Thoughts?

Just to inform you guys, I'm having to make a new save. I forgot to delete a certain file which allow a certain national team to work correctly.

Having to go through pre-season all over again :thdn:

which file/team?

Would I be mad to get rid of Van Persie?

I'm half-way through my first season and he has already been out three times, for months at a time. I hardlys get to play him!

Just brought in Salomon Rondon for £10M and could bring in Cavani at the start of next season... I think I could get around £30M for Van Persie hopefully but I don't know if I should let him go. Thoughts?

I let him go on my previous long term save, he wasn't missed. As long as you can get a consistent goal scorer and a good fee for van Persie, it beats having the risk of having a very injury prone striker. However since the update Van Persie has been as good as real life for me, and only injured twice

I let him go on my previous long term save, he wasn't missed. As long as you can get a consistent goal scorer and a good fee for van Persie, it beats having the risk of having a very injury prone striker. However since the update Van Persie has been as good as real life for me, and only injured twice

Wish I could say the same! :( He's played 7 games and scored 11 games which is really amazing, but I've just signed Rondon who bagged a hat-trick on his debut, and Park seems to fill in well and I score a lot of goals from my midfield too.

I think Cavani/Llorente could do just as good of a rob as RvP but minus the injury proneness! I think I shall give it until the summer and see how much game time he gets then I will re-assess whether or not I will replace him or not.

just playing through my first season with the gooners and coming up to end of jan transfer window first season, have 46 million to spend any idea who i can buy, looking for a midfielder and dmc,also needed a lb, alex lacazette is playing with a man on fire at moment, so far hes playing aml . played 26 scored 16,assisted 11, avr 7.78

introductionv.png

PRE-SEASON UPDATE;

With the 2011-2012 season looming, I feel obliged to update you on how my pre-season went. I decided to take a tour of Nigeria, playing Kano Pillars and Lobi Stars as part of my pre-season preparations. We also tested our wits against the well-drilled Borussia Dortmund side who, coincidentally, are one of my favourite teams.

PRE-SEASON FIXTURES & RESULTS;

fixturesandresults.png

As I said above, we took a short tour of Nigeria. Our first game, against Kano Pillars, was a strange one. From looking in control, to sheer madness from my midfield. I have no qualms though, we were still becoming familiar with our tactical set-up and eachother. After we returned from Nigeria, we came up against a formidable opponent in Borussia Dortmund. To say the least, the scoreline was emphatic, if a bit flattering. Our performance throughout pre-season weren't great. Regularly we were being out fought in midfield, thus relinquishing possession for the vast majority of the games. But, scoring goals is something that doesn't need improving. I was impressed with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's scoring ability, aswell as new signing Cristian Tello's. All in all, this pre-season proved to be good in some ways but also uncovered some alarming issues.

FIRST XI & FORMATIONS;

433arsenal.png

4-2-3-1 - Other Formations - 4-2-4 [WIP]

What else has happened?

UEFA Champions League - Best Placed Playoff - I have been drawn against Belgium's Standard de Liège, a team who have lost a considerable amount of their better players: from Steven Defour moving to FC Porto, or Mehdi Carcela moving to Anzhi. Nevertheless, Standard will provide a stern test, especially cosidering the fact that the two legs are inbetween a visit from Spurs and a trip to Anfield. I'm fully expecting to progress into the group stages though.

Well, that's my first update of my new Arsenal save completed. I hope you all enjoyed it and you can definitely expect more from me soon. Good Luck with your saves.

COYG!

2 games left in the league, I'm 1 point behind Man City, they play Bolton aay and Everton at home. I have to play Spurs away and Bolton at home! Also In the Champions League Semi Final against the dreaded Barcelona, and Into the FA cup final against Everton who I beat in the Carlin Cup final. Hope I win atleast 1 more thing this season!

ALSO my fixture list will be my undoing! Beat Man Utd twice within 4 days, now on the 6th day I play Barcelona away! I'm screwed!

Hello all,

Just started an Arsenal save. Bought a whole bunch of players, but I'm interested to hear what formations people have been using and what role have you been setting your players?

Right now, my First XI (playing a 4-2-3-1):

GK: Szczesny (Sweeper Keeper, Defend)

DR: Sagna (FB, Auto)

CB: Mertesacker (CD, Covering)

CB: Koscielny / Vermaelen (CD, Stopper)

DL: Santos (FB, Auto)

CM: Arteta (CM, Auto)

CM: Keita / Song (DLP, Defend)

AMC: Benayoun (AP, Attack)

AML: Perotti (Winger, Attack)

AMR: Gervinho (Winger, Attack)

ST: Van Persie (Complete For, Attack)

My team instructions (generally):

Balanced

Control

Passing: Shorter

Crosses: Drill Crosses

Tackling: Default

Pressing: Press More

Marking: Zonal

Suggestions?

Right now, I'm thinking I need another AMC or another DM, because I'm short an AMC cover if I stick with this and I'm short a DM cover if I go 4-5-1. I have James Rodriguez who can cover AMC, and Wilshere when he comes back, but Benayoun doesn't really cut it as 1st team (IMHO). I'm kind of like Wenger with my Arsenal saves, I hate to spend a ton of money on transfers, who can I get for ~15mil pounds or less in the AMC / DM position?

You hate spending a ton of money but you go out and buy Perotti, Keita and Rodriguez? Contradiction there! BUT! They are good signings, nicely done. :p If you haven't sold Rosicky, he has played pretty well for me there. Also you can play Oxlade-Chamberlain there, who is proving to be great this patch.

@ malikoi: Haha, well, I hate spending a lot of money in the sense that I hate to overspend on players. I got Perotti and Rodriguez for about ~11 million each, which I consider a bargain, with a good chunk of it paid over 48 months. Also, Keita is on loan for 650k with option to buy.

I've offered Rosicky to other clubs, no one will buy him, even for 1.4mil.

@Lone Gooner: I got Keita on loan, with option to buy for 2.5mil. He's a good player and could easily be first team, but I use him mainly as backup. He is getting a bit old, but is solid for 2.6mil.

Here are my fixtures towards the end of the season

8521D29ADA9BA547BBEAF62881944D913A3E09B2

team of the season, Van Persie would have been top scorer if he had not been injured + that fluke 10-0 win for Man Utd getting Rooney 5 goals ;)

0CF90ACAAD9542953399EC366197ADA0A69D5FAB

final league standing, so close yet so far

962FD5AC8468050988DDAC590ADDE642523D6800

So first season FA Cup and Carlin Cup won! \o/ Champions League - Semi Finals, Premier League - 2nd

My player of the season - Van Persie, closely followed by Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Szczensy, the latter for winning me 3 penalty shootouts

December 2011

Premier League

Arsenal 5-2 Fulham

van Persie(3), Wilshere, Gervinho - Duff(2)

Dominated this game for the whole match, 2 Fulham breaks and shots on target got them 2 goals. Fabianski takes blame for both goals.

Sunderland 2-8 Arsenal

Zaki, Kyrgiakos - van Persie(4), Wilshere(3), Gervinho

An attacking master class from Jack Wilshere and Arsenal. Wilshere was involved in 7 out of 8 goals, grabbing 4 assists aswell as his 3 goals. He got a perfect 10 rating, the second I have ever got in 3 years of playing FM!

Arsenal 4-1 Manchester United

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna, van Persie, Wilshere - Anderson

The team that hasn't scored under 4 goals for the last 8 games(Utd) could only get 1 shot on target from 9 shots. We completely outplayed them all over the pitch. They are the closest team to us in the league so this was a great win for us.

Q.P.R. 0-3 Arsenal

van Persie(2), Chu-Young

A routine win against lesser opposition, team played very well though.

Arsenal 3-0 Swansea

van Persie(3)

Captain Vantastic's FIFTH league hat-trick of the campaign! He's only played 11 games!!! He's in spectactular form. Swansea played very well, but couldn't stop him scoring.

Blackburn 1-2 Arsenal

Song, van Persie

Blackburn ruthlessly out-played us but lour defence stood up to their onslaught, and van Persie popped up in the last 5 minutes to score the winner, very happy we can when playing terrible.

epltab.png

Champions League

Group Stage - Game 6

Leverkusen 2-2 Arsenal

Ballack, Sam - Lacazette, Chu-Young

Played my "second-string" team, and the game was a 50/50, so pleased to get a draw.

We drew Zenit St. Petersburg in the 1st knockout round. Happy with the draw, should be easy enough!

Monthly Summary

A nice month in the league, getting more of a lead of Man Utd & Liverpool. I am now 12 points ahead, but Man Utd have a game in hand. Fingers crossed I don't blow this!

30gu.png

Always nice to go this long unbeaten, hopefully I can get another Invincibles season going!

decaward.png

Mr van Persie in fantastic form! The team playing as a unit very nicely.

decyaward.png

Oxlade-Chamberlain has offically pushed Walcott out of the first team, he is amazing on this patch! Needs a rest every now but Walcott is a more than qualified back-up!

And much like my previous game save, Henry has his goals in a season record broken, this time by Van Persie with 40 goals

Transfers update;

In

Podolski - 10 Million

Adam Johnson - 5 Million

Yaya Sanogo - Free

Have a load of players back from their loans, so need to get rid of them to anybody who wants them. And I've let Rosicky's contract run down as he had the season to prove himself, and never really managed to impress me. Adam Johnson, Adebayor, Granero, Van Der Vaart, Ashley Young, Charlie Adam and Aquilanni all transfer listed, don't think I'll need any other than Johnson

Bendtner

Diaby

Mertesacker

Squillacci

Arshavin

Denilson

Update January and February

Premier League – ARSENAL 6-0 BLACKBURN ROVERS – Koscielny 42 Cavani 62 66 82 Song 75 Walcott 89

It took 42 minutes to break Blackburn down but once we got the goal I knew others would follow. Another hattrick for Cavani took his season tally to 30.

FA Cup 3rd Round – ARSENAL 3-0 PORTSMOUTH - Chamberlain 17 Bartley 26 Tevez 81

Portsmouth were dispatched at the Emirates. With Cavani and Van Persie resting their scoring shoes for the afternoon I was hoping Ghidini and especially Tevez would take over the reins. Ghidini limped off after 10 minutes with a torn hamstring while Tevez didn’t have the greatest afternoon but still scored a cracker.

FA Cup 3rd Round review

United stuttered to a 2-2 draw against huddlesfield at Old Trafford. Spurs just about overcame Cardiff. In the king tie of the round I was in attendance as Adebayor grabbed a brace in a 2-1 win.

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

ARSENAL vs BIRMINGHAM

Man United will play Everton at Old Trafford if they get past Huddlesfield. No tests for any of the other top teams.

Premier League – BLACKPOOL 0-3 ARSENAL – Cavani 1 64 Song 56

Another good win. Cavani adding to his never ending tally. Blackpool put up a good fight and on another day would’ve taken their chances. But four clean sheets in a row leaves me just one away from the fantastic five I’ve waited three seasons for. United visit the Emirates next.

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay Review

Huddersfield took United all the way to the shootout after a 2-2 draw but lost it 5-3.

Premier League – ARSENAL 2-1 MANCHESTER UNITED – Cavani 59 Van Persie 87 – Rooney 40

United came to town for the top of the table clash trailing by 3 points. By the end of the game it was 6 but not without trouble. United came storming out of the traps and it was only the brilliance of Szczesny that stopped them steamrolling the first half. Eventually they did take the lead with Rooney tapping home. Second half saw more of a response and Cavani grabbed the equaliser. Both sides went for it but with United setting up more defensively it seemed a draw was on the cards. Until Van Persie who hadn’t scored in over the month went clean through with 3 minutes left and slid the ball beautifully under De Gea. Wilshere should’ve added a 3rd on the break but I’ll take the massive win.

Premier League – BOLTON WANDERERS 0-2 ARSENAL Benalouane 83 – Cavani 10 Van Persie 24

A very easy win where it could easily have been six or seven. Wilsherre with two sublime assists. Bolton barely came out to play and didn’t have a single shot in the second half.

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Not much activity but a little

IN

Torquinho is a brazillian right back and comes highly recommended by my scout Sandro Orlandelli who thinks he has the apparent potential to be better than Sagna while Grieco is an Italian centre back who can also play on the left. He was snapped up from Roma for compensation.

Torquinho (Regen) – 500k

Carmine Grieco (Regen) – 1.4m

OUT

Having undeservedly dropped down to fifth choice I decided to let Park leave. Kishna and Guest are two of the most highly rated youngsters so I thought I’d give them some first team experience.

Park Chu-Young – 8m

Ricardo Kishna – Loan

Lee Guest - Loan

FA Cup 4th Round – ARSENAL 1-1 BIRMINGHAM CITY – Schurrle 26 – Spearring 66

One of those games I hate. 26 shots to 3 (1 on target) 67 % possession 6 clear cut chances but somehow drew the game 1-1 to give us an annoying replay. Bartley will need to work on his heading having missed 4 clear headers.

FA Cup 4th Round Review

United were held to a goalless draw at Old Trafford against Everton. Wycombe also held Liverpool to a draw with a replay to come at Anfield. No other major surprises.

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

ARSENAL or BIRMINGHAM vs WOLVES

We have a potential repeat of lasy year’s League cup finalas Wolves will visit the Emirates. Elsewhere, Manchester City will host Spurs. Un ited or Everton will travel to Derby. Wycombe or Liverpool host Newcastle

Premier League – ARSENAL 4-1 ASTON VILLA – Walcott 19 Schurrle 50 83 Van Persie 70 – Strootman 82

An excellent performance against a good Villa side. Goals for Walcott Schurrle and Van Persie. 72 goals now in the league and we’ve only played 24 games. Also nice to see us score 4 and Cavani not get in on the act. He actually had a pretty poor game giving the lowest rating of any of the 14 players used.

Premier League – HULL CITY 1-3 ARSENAL –– Zaha 49 - Van Persie 6 Cavani 8 17

A good win although disappointed to lose the second half with Hull creating next to nothing.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay – BIRMINGHAM CITY 0-1 ARSENAL – Van Persie 90

We dominated much of the match but couldn’t find a breakthrough until I unleashed my “insurance” Van Persie off the bench and he tapped home a Walcott cross in the first minute of injury time. Phew!!

FA Cup 4th Round Replay Review

I had a feeling Everton might sneak through and they duly did for United when they won 3-1 on penalties after another goalless draw. Liverpool needed an 111th minute extra-time winner from Dirk Kuyt to finally see off Wycombe.

Premier League – WEST BROM 1-3 ARSENAL – Long 44 Olsson s/o 26 - Van Persie 17pen Cavani 36 Ramsey 46

Might look a decent result but it was a very below par performance. Never really got our game heads on and it could’ve been a different scoreline had Wet Brom not had Olsson sent off.

FA Cup 5th Round – ARSENAL 3-1 WOLVES – Gobbi 3 Wilshere 18 Walcott 85 – Adler o.g 40

A much more difficult game than I anticipated. With the champins league game just a tw0 day gap away I rested much of the side only sticking with Wilshere and Van Persie from the side that won at West Brom while having Walcott and Cavani on the bench just in case. A 22-shot first half saw Wolves have excellent chances but in the end get back into the game via an Adler own goal. Gobbi and Wilshere had given uis a 2-0 lead. Second half didn’t have the same intensity and Walcott wrapped it up late on.

FA Cup 5th Round Review

City won the big tie against Tottenham courtesy of a David Silva strike. Liverpool were shocked 2-0 at Anfield by Newcastle. Villa won with ease at Sunderland while Everton won at Derby and Forrest knocked out Swansea.

FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw

ARSENAL vs ASTON VILLA

Last season it was all away and this season it’s all at hiome! Villa should be a good test. Elsewhere Man City raravel to Wigan, Qpr host Newcastle and Everton entertain Nottingham Forrest

Champions League 2nd round 1st leg – RUBIN KAZAN 2-1 ARSENAL – Alexandrov 25 Telegin 68pen – Cavani 43

We travelled to Russia for the return of the Champions League. I didn’t expect much from Rubin so only slightly altered didn’my tactics. Alexandrov gave Rubin the lead with Rubin looking in good shape. Cavani latched on to a through ball by and slotted home just before the break. With the tie at 1-1 I wanted to go for more so set up more attacking we had a lot of chances but it was a mistake by sub Vertonghen that gave Rubin the lead from the spot. Work to do at the Emirates.

Champions League 2nd round 1st leg Review

We weren’t the only English team that struggled in their respective first legs. Man United and Spurs have mountains to climb after they both lost 2-0 in Galatasaray and Shalke while Man City manged a 2-2 draw in Marseille. In the stellar tie of the round Barca won 3-2 at Inter. Real won 3-0 in Prague, Bayern beat Lyon 2-0 in Germany. Finally Ajax and Athletico Madrid drew 2-2.

TOP SCORERS (all comps)

Just the 11 for Cavani in Jan and Feb. Sad that Ghidini wasn’t able to add to his tally due to injury. Wilshere playing in a more advanced role should see more goals.

Cavani - 38

Van Persie 18

Schurrle - 13

Walcott – 9

Ghidini - 7

Song – 4

Wilshere – 3

Koscielny - 3

Chamberlain – 3

Gibbs – 2

Ramsey – 2

Tevez – 2

Gobbi – 1

Bartley - 1

AVERAGE RATINGS (all comps minimum 5 games)

Edison Cavani - 7.71

Robin Van Persie - 7.55

Andre Schurrle – 7.51

Kieren Gibbs - 7.49

Bacary Sagna - 7.39

-------------------------------

Theo Walcott - 7.31

Thomas Vermaelen – 7.18

LEAGUE TABLE

All Credit to United for clinging onto out coattails with some excellent results. Chelsea are in real trouble after collecting just 11 points in the seven games. United losing to us was their single blip.

1. Arsenal played 26 points 67

2. Man United played 26 points 61

3. Tottenham played 26 points 58

4. Man City played 26 points 54

5. Liverpool played 26 points 54

--------------------------------

6. Chelsea played 26 points 47

GAME OF THE MONTH

Tottenham vs Chelsea has now featured three times. Last season Chelsea won 3-0 at White Hart Lane but this season managed to lose 4-0. Spurs also beat Man City in a very good month for them.

TOTTENHAM 4-0 CHELSEA

Sandro 2 El Hamdaoui 45 Bale 63 Dawson 72 /-/

Shots 22 - 11

On Ta 8 - 4

Poss 47 - 53

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Robin Van Persie

Tempted to give it to Cavani but I’m giving it to his strike partner. Van Persie has started to hit form and has 20 assists to add to his 18 goals.

NS

7.7(1)

7.3(1)

NS

7.7(1)

7.4(1)

7.3(1) [on 70]

7.0(1)

6.9 [off 75]

6.1 [off 69]

STAT OF THE MONTH – A Park Free Zone

In January we said goodbye To Park. Here is a breakdown of his two an a bit seasons.

All Competitions

2011-12 – Appearances 27(8) goals 17 pens 1 assists 9 man of match 3

2012-13 – Appearances 37(8) goals 30 pens 0 assists 15 man of match 7

2013-14 – Apperances 4(7) – goals 3 pens 0 assists 2 man of match 0

Premier League

42(16) apps 32 goals 18 assists

Champions League

15(4) apps 7 goals 4 assists 3 man of match

League and FA Cup

11(3) apps 11 goals 4 assists 2 man of match

Awards

January 2012 player of the month

December 2012 player of the month

Season 12/13 Players player of the year winner.

He already has 2 in 4 for Napoli.

MARCH PREVIEW

We have a tricky Champions League second leg which will be my priority. An FA Cup quarter final against Villa is also no gimmy. In the league trips to Everton and Stoke will be testing while we end March by hosting City at Emirates.

Started a game with Arsenal yesterday, not sure whether it will be one I just stay with Arsenal with, or whether I make it a career and move on and managed abroad?

Also, with £50m+ budget, do I try and do it the Wenger way, or splash the cash?

Anyway, I have a 4-4-2 (with high wingers) tactics I've been using in previous saves, so I was thinking:

GK: Szczesny/Fabiański

LB: Vermaelen/Gibbs

RB: Sagna/NEW SIGNING/Jenkinson(loan)

CB: NEW SIGNING/Djourou

CB: Mertesacker/Koscielny

CM: Song/Ramsey/Coquelin

CM: Wilshere/Arteta/Diaby

RW: Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

LW: NEW SIGNING/Benayoun

FW: NEW SIGNING/Gervinho

FW: van Persie/Park Chu-Young

Was thinking of off-loading: Tomáš Rosický, André Santos, Sébastien Squillaci, Manuel Almunia.

I was looking at players like, Dede for CB, Vrsaljko for RB. Not sure on LW and FW yet?

Thoughts/advice/input? :)

Cheers mate, hopefully I can win a cup or two :)

Alot of people seem to be going for Eden Hazard, I presume he's a beast?

See: real life .. and see: in game

course he's brilliant ... world class and very much an arsenal style player (im ignoring tottenham likely signing him)

Hazard was very injury prone for me first season :thdn: hope he imporves this season.

Signed Danny Welbeck for 20 million, transfer listed and a good english prospect, can be backup for Van Persie until he leave in 2-3 seasons

I have managed to get the team sorted now for the start of the season. For now this will be my team until the summer where I might go out and sign a big name depending on how this season goes. I think I have the perfect, simple but fun tactic using a 442 passing/attacking style which suits the players I use for it. :)

Szczesny

Sagna - Jagielka - Kosielney/Vermaelan - Cissokho

Gervinho - Arteta/Wilshere - Song - Hazard

Walcott - RVP

A back up for RVP, no more than £7m?

Matías Suárez is a player that I'm trying to bring in, and I can only recommend him to you. I've tabled bids of around £5 million for him, but to no avail. It may be worth bidding £7 million and see what happens.

In other news: my squad has been decimated by injuries, mainly to my attack-minded players. The likes of Marouane Chamakh, Park Chu-Young and Robin van Persie have all been struck with injuries. Theo Walcott has had to lead the line from time to time, henceforth my sudden attempt to bring his RSC Anderlcht's Matías Suárez.

What do you guys think about bringing back Kolo Toure on loan for 6 months? He's unhappy at City so thought he would be some nice cover.

EDIT: I decided to go for it, he has knowledge of the league and is, in my eyes, an Arsenal Legend. :)

I edited te database before starting my game for realism, which backfired as the editor stopped registering numbers after the comma and i just got him for 10 quid, very embarrased :(

£10,000,000 = £10

@Llew

I really can't recommend Lacazette enough, he's been phenomenal for me this season, he's stats are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|    [b]Competition[/b]   |  [b]Apps[/b]  |  [b]Goals[/b]  |  [b]Assists[/b]  |  [b]MoM[/b]  |  [b]Av Rating[/b]  |
|      League      |  5(4)  |    6    |     0     |   1   |     7.28    |
|       Cup        |  4(1)  |    8    |     2     |   2   |     8.42    |
|   Continental    |    7   |    11   |     2     |   3   |     8.16    |
|     Overall      |  16(5) |    25   |     4     |   6   |     7.87    |

Transfers season 2012/13

In - Rafael Toloi 7.5m, Adam johnson 5m, Danny Welbeck 20m, Podolski £10 *sigh*, Yaya Sanogo Free, Daniel Sturridge 3.9m *future transfer at end of this season, bargain!*

Out - Denilson 1.2m, Mertesacker 5m, Lansbury 2.3m, Santos 7.5m, Arshavin 2m,

Loans - Yennaris, Murphy, Diaby, Joel Campbell, Bendtner, Miyaichi, Silva

Signed this guy as Arteta got injured, very young so 1 for the future, currently stricken with Injuries. Wilshere, RVP, Arteta and as I'm typing this he makes his debut for the now injury struck Hazard! ahhhhh!

64F91CAA1BC31D68D6668EA0FF26F250D4540F3A

January 2012

Premier League

Arsenal 5-0 Everton

Oxlade-Chamberlain(2), van Persie(2), Wilshere]

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal

Burke - van Persie

Arsenal 3-0 Bolton

Oxlade-Chamberlain, van Persie, Walcott

Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

Mata, Sturridge - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cech OG

Still unbeaten in the EPL which I am happy about, played rubbish against Villa and Chelsea, couldn't hit a barn door through either games. Lucky to draw both!

FA Cup

Third Round

Arsenal 4-1 Cheltenham

Lacazette(3), Chu-Young - Spencer

Fourth Round

Arsenal 0-1 Fulham

Senderos

So, a former Arsenal player puts us out. Very annoyed with this game, hit the woodwork 3 times, had 2 goals ruled out, van persie & Lacazette both played crap up front. Embaressing.

League Cup

Semi Final - Leg One

Q.P.R. 1-3 Arsenal

Ferdinand - Onuoha OG, Lacazette(2)

Semi Final - Leg Two

Arsenal 2-0 Q.P.R.

Lacazette(2)

Through to the final to face Blackpool. They've had a great run but I am going to put an end to it. :cool:

introductionn.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - AUGUST;

Here we go again; the circus has rolled into town. The Barclays Premier League has returned with a bang. Our first game, as you probably now by now, was the North London Derby. Here's out that game went and how the rest went too.

AUGUST - FIXTURES & RESULTS;

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 4 (Djourou '5, van Persie '35, pen '62, Benayoun '90+3)

Spuds - 1 (Parker '9, Van der Vaart missed penalty '42)

The game started at a blistering pace, with a goal for either team scored within the first 10 minutes. Overall though, we were the better side. Van Persie was impressive, linking up the midfield with the wide players well and his all-round display resulted in him bagging a brace. There were a few nervy moments though, especially after Koscielny gave away a soft penalty. Luckily, Van der Vaart slammed the ball against the post and this gave us the incentive to move on and clinch the game.

UEFA Champions League ~ Best Placed Playoff | First Leg;

Arsenal - 3 (Walcott '24, '45, Song '59)

Standard Liège - 0

Good result. We kept the ball well, Alex Song epitomized the midfield's performance with good all-round display. I'm glad that we managed to win by three goals though. Taking a 1 or 2-nil lead to Belgium isn't something that's impossible to overturn, so having a three goal cushion is great. I was impressed with Walcott's ability to lead the line too in the absence of van Persie.

Barclays Premier League;

Liverpool - 1 (Skrtel '43)

Arsenal - 1 (Ramsey '18)

The performance wasn't great, but I'll definitely leave Anfield with a low scoring draw. After Ramsey latched onto a deflected ball and slotted passed Pepe Reina, everything looked good, but Liverpool slowly clawed their way back into the game. Content with a draw.

UEFA Champions League ~ Best Placed Playoff | Second Leg;

Standard Liège - 1 (Tchité '25)

Arsenal - 3 (Ciman OG '45, Tello '72, Koscielny '88)

Performance wise were were all over the place. We didn't keep the ball well enough, allowed Liège's midfield to get on the ball far too often and it almost cost us. Delighted that Cristian Tello opened his goalscoring account with us and Koscielyn rounded off a good defensive display. Improvement needed.

Barclays Premier League;

Arsenal - 1 (Oxlade-Chamberlain '21)

Swansea - 0

After an impressive season, 'The Ox' transferred his goalscoring ability into more competitive games. This was a far better performance, not that the scoreline shows it though. Our midfield passed the ball far better, the front line made some good chances for eachother and all this resulted in a fine goal. Once again, with the likes of RVP, Chamakh, Park & Walcott all out, Gervinho had to deputise in a striking role and ultimately this showed. Promising.

2011-'12 Summer Transfer Window | In's and Out's;

In's;

MATÍAS SUÁREZ RSC ANDERLECHT & ARGENTINA Fee: £4 million [£2 million coming after 36 months]

Very much signed to become a squad player. Suárez has flown under the radar at RSC Anderlecht, but I'm sure most of you Gooners have heard of him. With a striker crisis at the moment, I'll expect him to make the jump to English football as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

CRISTIAN TELLO FC BARCELONA 'B' & SPAIN Fee: £800k [£1.2 million in incentives]

Tello, a player I've watched on many an occasion in reality, is a player I rate highly. He's already scored him first goal for the first-team and you should expect to see more of him throughout the season. May look into acquiring former Barça 'B' team-mate, Isaac Cuenca, to keep him company.

ABDALLAH YAISIEN PSG & FRANCE Fee: £1 million [£800k in incentives]

One for the future; alongside the likes of Francis Coquelin, Ryo Miyaichi, Emmanuel Frimpong and Joel Campbell, I'm hoping that he'll push on to become the best he can be. Bienvenu a l'Arsenal, Abdallah!

Out's;

BENIK AFOBE CRAWLEY TOWN & ENGLAND 6-month loan deal

CHUKS ANEKE SOUTHEND & ENGLAND 6-month loan deal

NICO YENNARIS BRISTOL ROVERS & 6-month loan deal

All three of these deals have a firm target set for the future, especially Afobe's and Aneke's moves. I'm looking for all three, especially the aforementioned, to develop and progress through playing regular first-team football in a lower division and, hopefully, all three can be included in my first-team squad next season. Afobe and Aneke are most likely to succeed in the long term.

Anything else to mention?

The 'Curse of the Strikers' - At the moment, I have a whole host of injuries to various positions in the squad, none more though than the strikers. At the moment, here's the list of strikers who are currently receiving treatment;

injuryliststrikers.png

I'm hoping that with the addition of Matías Suárez to the squad, aswell as the imminent return of Robin Van Persie, there will be a lot more firepower going forward.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw - With the 6-1 aggregate win over Standard Liège in the preliminary rounds of the competition, we've now earned ourselves a spot in the group stage. Here's our group;

uclgroupstagedraw.png

It will be tough, especially with Villarreal and Bayer Leverkusen in amongst us. Although, I expect to progress into the knockout stages, anything less will be a disappointment.

COYG!

Nice start to the season there Llew. Awesome win against the Yids! :cool: Liverpool are good on this patch it seems, them and United and my two closest followers in the league, albeit 8 and 12 points behind respectively. :o

Ashame about the strikers being out! But Suarez looks a good player, good luck with him! :thup:

You should get through that, Villarreal the big opponent in the group. Leverkusen can be difficult to beat away, but at home you should have no problem.

Archived