Is there such a thing as a bogey team?

As others have said, we all get used to playing our teams in a certain way even if we change formation a bit. So you're bound to come across a team with a manager who's tactics will be very effective against yours. That's why sometimes when your team is in good form you can get an unexpected thrashing. Sometimes you can try and change things around mid game but you can mess up and make things worse.

other way round, on my game. I was Sutton United, I played Arsenal 58 times and lost once. They were top 10 virutally every season and top 6 for most of it. Even when I first got promoted and first about 6 seasons of 'establishing myself' from promotion - top 6 finish, in that period, I remained unbeaten. Remarkable really.

There are boogey teams, sure. In one of my current saves I'm playing with Logrones in the Segunda B and are leading it as the season is closing, but have little hope of going up, as I will face Palencia and Gimnastica in the playoffs. My team has lost both games in the league against Palencia with one goal, and have played four times against Gimnastica (twice in the league, twice in the Federation cup) and have gotten one draw and lost three times.

In each game, my team has dominated, gotten more shots on goal, but the opponents have done most of the scoring. There's nothing impressive or extraordinary in the AI tactics of their game, and I even bought in the winter transfer window Gimnastica's best striker for myself, but it didn't help.

Always struggled against Bolton and Shakhtar. Both play a narrow 4-2-3-1. I don't know how to counter it. That's about it

I don't think I, as such, have problems with specific teams in my games, but then again I don't play long career games much, due to new patches, new database updates or just a new FM ;)

But meeting Accrington in L2 who plays this, with my Bath City team. I just can't seem to get a handle on the 5 midfielders. My poor two man midfield is just getting over-run all the time. Somehow the other AI managers seem to cope fine, as Accrington was languishing near the drop zone all season.

As Blackpool currently in 2020, its Man City. For the past four seasons i've lost all but once and only managed to put two past them. Shocking really. They're not even all that competitive for the league having only won it a few seasons ago and only manage 3rd or 4th each year.

I manage to get my team up for it against all the other big boys and upstarts. City just have my number year in, year out!

Add Benfica to my list. 10th CL game in 10 years, so an array of tactics and managers to face, but whilst 5/5 at home, inlcuding 7-0, 6-1, 5-0, 4-0 - no away wins. 1 draw 4 losses (including a 4-0 but mostly just 1 goal).

I don't get how I can lose 4-0 away and win 7-0 at home(yes, that was the same season).

Lost to Peterborough this year for the first time, but put 7 past Chelsea and 6 past United. Have a pretty amazing record against Chelsea, think it's 2 losses from 56?

The inconsistency is just mind boggling.

I play Barca total football tactics with Lazio, won the last 4 Serie A, numerous Italian Cups etc but for the last two seasons now i have met bloody Olympique Lyonnais in the CL, the first year i got destroyed 4-1 in the first leg and then was going though on away goals in the second until they scored injury time winner grrrrrrr, the season after i get them in the Semis, the first leg is a 0-0 draw at home, went to there place and got turned over 3-1 even though i absolutely dominated the game, i am praying that we don't meet next season, i would rather have Arsenal (who are ranked no.1 team in the world, current CL holders).

Yeah I've got a couple of bogey teams, it's really annoying. I keep resisitng the urge to go like more defensive because I feel like I *should* be beating them, and that is usually my downfall.

Anyway on my Man Utd save I always have trouble against Sunderland. And on my Real Sociedad game, I find it near impossible to beat Almería

Archived