*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

sry mate, but seriously, Im losing the joy for this game. I dont know, but it seems like in this years fm, you cant really create ONE plug and play tactic, which will work anytime, with any team. Ive had 3 everton saves so far, in all of them, I started very good, finished in 2 of them the first half of the season with more than 14w, just when I thought, ok, this tactic seems to work, just need to fix some problems, I probably experience an immense nightmare, and then Im starting to lose and lose, that I cant even win against lower division teams in fa cup or carling cup without the help of set pieces or by just scoring random goals. then I think, ok, tactic is a fail, starting to tweak and towards the end of a season, when Im starting to beat villa away with 5-1 and creating 8 ccc, liverpool at home 4-1, winning the fa cup final against manu with 3-0, I just think, ok, lets try another save with the same team, to see how it would work from the beginning, and see there, once again, whilE I was banging the teams out of the pitch, I fail to create one single ccc in a game, even against swansea, birmingham and so on...

the problem is, I never know, whether Im working on something special or does it look good because of a super morale and other factors... this is the most difficult thing about this years fm... even when Im reading through the other threads of other users, there are still lots of members, who either have a lot of success with certain tactics, but there are also a lot of members, who cant bring the tactic to working for them. kinda feels like you cant create one plug and play, which will rock the game as it was in fm11. but still working on something. still not give up. btw, does anyone know, whether the new patch is coming at xmas?

el_magico89 i think you should make a 424 tactic. Thant´s what i think it´s working better in FM12.

Sorry the bad english.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sry mate, but seriously, Im losing the joy for this game. I dont know, but it seems like in this years fm, you cant really create ONE plug and play tactic, which will work anytime, with any team. Ive had 3 everton saves so far, in all of them, I started very good, finished in 2 of them the first half of the season with more than 14w, just when I thought, ok, this tactic seems to work, just need to fix some problems, I probably experience an immense nightmare, and then Im starting to lose and lose, that I cant even win against lower division teams in fa cup or carling cup without the help of set pieces or by just scoring random goals. then I think, ok, tactic is a fail, starting to tweak and towards the end of a season, when Im starting to beat villa away with 5-1 and creating 8 ccc, liverpool at home 4-1, winning the fa cup final against manu with 3-0, I just think, ok, lets try another save with the same team, to see how it would work from the beginning, and see there, once again, whilE I was banging the teams out of the pitch, I fail to create one single ccc in a game, even against swansea, birmingham and so on...

the problem is, I never know, whether Im working on something special or does it look good because of a super morale and other factors... this is the most difficult thing about this years fm... even when Im reading through the other threads of other users, there are still lots of members, who either have a lot of success with certain tactics, but there are also a lot of members, who cant bring the tactic to working for them. kinda feels like you cant create one plug and play, which will rock the game as it was in fm11. but still working on something. still not give up. btw, does anyone know, whether the new patch is coming at xmas?

The more I play the more I think that SI wanted to make players switch between tactics during the season thus making no tactic no matter how good a plug and play tactic.

If I am right this does't mean you should lose hoy for the game as you put it, you just need to get over the fact that 1 tactic doesn't cut it anymore.

I've started a crazy amount of new games that lasted no more than a season with just two teams that I use to test potential signings and tactics. With cerainty I can tell you that best results came with switching to a different tactic every 8-10 games for no more than 2 games and then switching back.

I am currently using fuss's and hough's tactics for that and all I can say is that I am amazed on some results that I get when I switch from one to another.

This said I am hoping you will give this system a try and with for let's say your 4-2-3-1 deep tactic with some 4-2-4 or anything with a different system.

I am still hoping you will release your 4-2-3-1 event thou everyone came to the conclusion that wingers and their bad crosses are a pain in the ass this year, I'd still use it as a main tactic if nothing than on the account of last year where it was just perfect for my squad and game me the most joy in FM since I had in fm 08.

So good luck and hope to see an update in the next few weeks :)

The more I play the more I think that SI wanted to make players switch between tactics during the season thus making no tactic no matter how good a plug and play tactic.

If I am right this does't mean you should lose hoy for the game as you put it, you just need to get over the fact that 1 tactic doesn't cut it anymore.

I've started a crazy amount of new games that lasted no more than a season with just two teams that I use to test potential signings and tactics. With cerainty I can tell you that best results came with switching to a different tactic every 8-10 games for no more than 2 games and then switching back.

I am currently using fuss's and hough's tactics for that and all I can say is that I am amazed on some results that I get when I switch from one to another.

This said I am hoping you will give this system a try and with for let's say your 4-2-3-1 deep tactic with some 4-2-4 or anything with a different system.

I am still hoping you will release your 4-2-3-1 event thou everyone came to the conclusion that wingers and their bad crosses are a pain in the ass this year, I'd still use it as a main tactic if nothing than on the account of last year where it was just perfect for my squad and game me the most joy in FM since I had in fm 08.

So good luck and hope to see an update in the next few weeks :)

mate, problem is, that I dont have that much time anymore, to play so much fm and to create more than 1 class tactic. it takes a lot of time to read the ME and to translate his knowledge into the game. as Im the type of player, who likes to play with just one plug and play tactic, I kinda have difficulties to tell myself, that its not possible and you have to do change your gaming strategy. in fact, I still believe that you can really do ONE tactic, which will be good. I can remember in fm11, how many times I was given up and told myself, that playing with less than 3 central midfielders is everything but solid and so on, but I tried, I tried and played and played and finally found a way, to play my 2 DMCs as solid as I imagined. so, I will still keep my strategy and will am either releasing a 4411 or a 4231deep. currently favoring the 4411, as the two wingers covering and closing down much more than the two attacking wingers in the 4231deep.

Yeah, good luck el_magico. Your tactic was imo the best in FM11. Build a team around it and play it for 2-3 seasons, destroyed every league with this tactic. Hope you can find that sweet spot again in FM12 and create another masterpiece. Alles gute from a fellow German :)

I hope again that El_magico won't mind using his thread to post other tactics :), but in case anyone is still trying to find a good 4-2-3-1 tactic, I think this one is worth a try: http://www.mediafire.com/?7a60i3iavqaq3zt

It's a tactic I found in a Korean FM site, and in a few tests I made it looked very very good, creating lots of cccs and dominating games, so I decided to share it here so that more people can test it.

This is the original thread: http://fmkorea.net/index.php?mid=fm12tactic&sort_index=voted_count&order_type=desc&document_srl=17247753

I think the AMCR should be the playmaker. This tactic don't use corners to near post, so you can change that if you want, as well as other set pieces instructions.

I await on you announcing work on a new tactic, el magico :D

with the new patch, my defence is almost as solid as it was in fm11. just need to find a way, to produce more chances and to score more. currently 2nd with 2 pts behind manutd, 10 3 1, but as I said, just scored 26 goals in 14 games, with 9 of them in two matches. so need to find a way, to get my attack work :D

I hope again that El_magico won't mind using his thread to post other tactics :), but in case anyone is still trying to find a good 4-2-3-1 tactic, I think this one is worth a try: http://www.mediafire.com/?7a60i3iavqaq3zt

It's a tactic I found in a Korean FM site, and in a few tests I made it looked very very good, creating lots of cccs and dominating games, so I decided to share it here so that more people can test it.

This is the original thread: http://fmkorea.net/index.php?mid=fm12tactic&sort_index=voted_count&order_type=desc&document_srl=17247753

I think the AMCR should be the playmaker. This tactic don't use corners to near post, so you can change that if you want, as well as other set pieces instructions.

no problem mate, have downloaded it, but wont play any games with it, just wanna see, how he has set up his team. since its asian, must be a superb hyper turbo tactic :D but just from the way, he has set up the formation like the only striker on the left side, the AMC on the right half side and so on, you can easily see, that this one easily exploits the ME as much as a tactic probably can ;)

no problem mate, have downloaded it, but wont play any games with it, just wanna see, how he has set up his team. since its asian, must be a superb hyper turbo tactic :D but just from the way, he has set up the formation like the only striker on the left side, the AMC on the right half side and so on, you can easily see, that this one easily exploits the ME as much as a tactic probably can ;)

Yeah, it's an assymetric formation, but if you look at the player settings, it doesn't look like it's trying to exploit the ME (it doesn't even uses corners to near post), and the football played seemed very convincing. But I tested it only in a few games.

with the new patch, my defence is almost as solid as it was in fm11. just need to find a way, to produce more chances and to score more. currently 2nd with 2 pts behind manutd, 10 3 1, but as I said, just scored 26 goals in 14 games, with 9 of them in two matches. so need to find a way, to get my attack work :D

In FM12, it seems that the only way to score a lot is on the counter, every sucessfull attacking tactic i tested had counter-attack ticked or at least players with high mentality overall.

Couldn't agree with this more.

I've made at least 3 seemingly world beating tactics...and get toe halfway through the season...and they just stop working.

It seems so difficult and such a waste of time when you think you've cracked it, smash through half a season....and then it dies.

Also interesting to see you going a similar way to me, my current test tactics are either 4-2-2-2 (with 2 DM's) or 4-2-3-1 (with 2 DM's). I'm having a lot of success with free-role and hold-up-the-ball settings on unusual players too, just seems to baffle the ME. I'd be really interested in sending my latest idea over to you if your game for a look?

Couldn't agree with this more.

I've made at least 3 seemingly world beating tactics...and get toe halfway through the season...and they just stop working.

It seems so difficult and such a waste of time when you think you've cracked it, smash through half a season....and then it dies.

Also interesting to see you going a similar way to me, my current test tactics are either 4-2-2-2 (with 2 DM's) or 4-2-3-1 (with 2 DM's). I'm having a lot of success with free-role and hold-up-the-ball settings on unusual players too, just seems to baffle the ME. I'd be really interested in sending my latest idea over to you if your game for a look?

hi mate, it would be an honour to share my knowledge with you. currently, Ive no problems with my defence. badly give away any ccc and almost only conceding from set pieces, long shots or crosses on the counter. my biggest problem is upfront. I fail to create good chances. in this years fm, the wingers tend to be much more selfish then before. I just cant get them to cut inside and to pass the ball to the amc, or dmc, instead, they just try to run down the flanks like headless chickens and this causes, that I badly get shot on targets, but much more having more than 20 failed crosses. as crosses arent that effective as they were in fm11, I have difficulties to score. also have the feeling, that the poacher isnt really working like in fm11. I have given him a high mentality with rfd often, but he still drops too deep and this causes, that I dont have anyone upfront, who stays with the last defender, in order to catch the through balls. also because of that, my game becomes tighter and my amc lacks to find gaps, as the striker is too close to him. also I must admit, that AI is much more intelligent now. they really know it pretty well to keep the centre of the pitch very crowded, so that my amc really is lost. am really thinking about creating a tactic, in which the striker acts much more like a deep lying forward, as a poacher doesnt work for me and seems to be wasted, since he doesnt make the runs, I want from. with a deep lying playmaker, I can at least hold possession upfront and bring my striker to take part at the build up play.

would have looked much better, when I just made the tweaks earlier on, but still, considering, that kadlec is the only signing Ive made, its pretty good. also playing with sunday league reputation :D

tablei.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this one is the reason, why I dont want to play anymore. over 30 games, youre having a gread defence, rock solid and just because you angered some of your players because of the team talks, the whole tactic becomes crap. Im creating more ccc than the opposition, but still concede at least 3+ goals... as long as SI doesnt fix this team talk, morale and player interaction problem, nobody and I say really nobody will be able to create a plug and play tactic, which really promises success and success and success!!!

gamesk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Change your rep and you wont have that problem :p

With the new patch, if you have a low rep starting off, your team talks arent as effective as they would with a manager of high rep. IMO its realistic. Its NOT your tactic; Im sure your tactic is going to be better then your FM11 4231 ;) Keep us posted on developments man

Change your rep and you wont have that problem :p

With the new patch, if you have a low rep starting off, your team talks arent as effective as they would with a manager of high rep. IMO its realistic. Its NOT your tactic; Im sure your tactic is going to be better then your FM11 4231 ;) Keep us posted on developments man

thats exactly what Im now doing mate. started a new save with atletico and try to win the league. should be one hell of a goal :D letting barca and real behind you.

hope results are as expected, so that I could release the tactic in the next couple of days :D

playing with atletico and trying to win the spanish league in the first season is the most challenging scenario...i say this because real an barca are unreal this year...i tested a lot and every season real or barca have at least 99 points in the league...good luck el magico...

I don't mean to hijack the thread but this is noteworthy. At my 6th season, I am just trying new tactics for fun. I gave this one a go since it has a bizzare set-out. 9 wins in 9 games with Man United and have never conceded more than 1 so far. Most consistent tactic I've used for patch 12.0.4. (I've used swarm, boots to asses, Il Devasto v5, Il Devasto tweaked, FuSS v3, v4, v4b and v3+v4).

Hey - how is the Atletico save going?

didnt play any single games mate. on thursday, Ive christmas holiday for 14 days. then I can start to change to my nerd lifestyle and focus on the game. but honestly, I dont really have the joy to play it anymore, since this new patch has really ruined the game :(

Hey el magico, mate. Have a look on here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/87981-my-huge-tactics-testing-project-football-manager-2012-a-40.html#post1393391 They test lots of different tactics and your one done very well in the FM12 tests!

I hope you don't give up mate :thup:

is it the original tactic from fm11 or the one, I created for fm12, but didnt see it as good enough later???

ah, had read it before. all credits to you mate. now im in holiday until 9th january, so I can play fm for almost 2 weeks. be prepared for a tactic guys :DDDDDD

ah, had read it before. all credits to you mate. now im in holiday until 9th january, so I can play fm for almost 2 weeks. be prepared for a tactic guys :DDDDDD
lets hope so. i just don't score a enough with my tweak :(

horrible defending, horrible positioning when the opposition has a throw-in in my own third, wingers acting like headless chickens, crosses and wing play just dont exist, the trequartista (moves into channels+roam) just plays one dimensional (only running forward or dropping deep, no running to the flanks, supporting the wingers, offering passing options on the wings), poachers dont hold the line and instead often dropping deep so that we cant play a through ball, players often acting selfishly, wingers and amc dont do anything defensively and just staying arround, horrible player-manager interactions, player morale system just awful, team talks having too much influence on the results, cant play 5 games in a row successfully since one week youre dominating at old trafford banging the hell out of manuth in order just to beeing outplayed by wolves at home and you wonder, where the problems lie and discover, that it aint your tactics and so on...

THX SI, you finally did it! Im out guys, dont wanna waste my time with this rigged game anymore. maybe well see us in a few months, when SI has brought its latest patch and I can see some improvements in the ME. until then, am gonna play fm 11 and fifa manager 12, at least these games bring me the joy back and I know, that you can create something with your tactics and only your tactics have an influence on the outcome of matches.

wanna thank you guys, for supporting me, testing my tactics, uploading several screenshots, giving conctructive feedbacks and for wating so patiently. feel very bad and pitty, but believe me, the last 10 days, Ive spent hundreds of hours to finally produce something, but it seems like the way I imagine how the game should run and the way it actually runs, dont fit together. in fm 11, I could only create this awesome tactic, because in contradiction to fm 10, wing play worked pretty well and also the match engine was much more balanced. with the right settings, you could get a solid defence with any formation, you could score goals by playing wide, playing very narrow, playing fast tempo, slow tempo, it just was a case of finding the right settings. but in this years fm, as the results of also other famous tactic creators show, its almost impossible. just look at mr.hough and other users! they upload their screenshots, showing great results, finishing unbeaten with norwich city, original squad and first season, uploading their tactics and theyre getting lots of different feedbacks. some have no success, some have just solid and some world class. but it all depends on luck, whether one tacitc will work for you or not. at least 6-8 famous tactics are online for fm12 and none of them have had the success or popularity, which mr.houghs legendary 4123, this tic tac magick tactic and mine had.

I just hope, SI can improve things with the next patch, otherwise, I might look for this crap fifa manager again, since at least there, I am able to create a tactic, which produces the style of football, I want to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Also having great results with the Korean tactic. Best one I have tested with AMC in FM2012 so far. Playing with Arsenal with lots of different goalscorers and pretty tight defense (with defensive positioning as match prep). Not as good as el_magico89 4231 for FM2011 but still...

Also having great results with the Korean tactic. Best one I have tested with AMC in FM2012 so far. Playing with Arsenal with lots of different goalscorers and pretty tight defense (with defensive positioning as match prep). Not as good as el_magico89 4231 for FM2011 but still...

link??? of this korean tactic

I think he has every right to moan Dan. I'm not happy with this years version of the game either, is that a crime? We pay our money, doesn't mean we have to just 'be happy', or, 'accept' the game. It has it's good points and bad points, that's normal, what irritates me more is when people can't understand why others aren't happy with the defending on the game.

I think he has every right to moan Dan. I'm not happy with this years version of the game either, is that a crime? We pay our money, doesn't mean we have to just 'be happy', or, 'accept' the game. It has it's good points and bad points, that's normal, what irritates me more is when people can't understand why others aren't happy with the defending on the game.

The 12.1 ME is not much changed from 11.3, the only changes are improvements which most people can see.

He also should have went about it in a dignified way. You're not going to be banned for putting across your argument in an sensible and calm way. Oh and the defending can't be that bad, Reina has 15 clean sheets in 20 games for me! ;)

To be fair, I have a good defensive record. The irony is I'm trying to emulate Brazil with a poor Italian team, Borgo a Buggiano. Promotion first season and top 4 the next two with 0 money and very little wages. Of the goals I do concede, most seem to be from the stupid ME/player decisions/or just unthinkable actions or headers. About 25% are 'normal', if that makes sense. I can accept the headers more due to the attacking nature of my players which leads to the poor heading attributes, even tho my opposing players are equally poor in the air yet seem to be amazing at headers! Still considering a Brazilian 4-2-2-2 box, my defence isn't so bad on paper stats wise.

Its fm 11 im using it gee finished 12th german second division pent 24 million start of the 12nd season cant score a goal and conceding lots. Strange i remember scoring over 100 a season with this tactic

Yeah I know mate you mentioned that earlier. That's why I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

What kind of DM's you got? The DM's are very important in this tactic and really help you concede less but you need decent ones.

I still have my Heats save from FM 11, I should go back to it soon. This tactic has me in the last 16 of the CL lol but I haven't continued from that save because of FM 12.I beat AC Milan and Barca both home and away in my group. My 2 DM's are Javi Garcia (who is awesome) and Sandro who is also good. Javi Garcia is my highest paid player at 33k p/w which is nothing compared to the big teams in Europe.

I have bought 2 new dm's nkolouu or howveer hes spelt. And Maresca who has been awfull so im on the hunt for another 1

Im 1860 munchen so its hard to attract big players

Fabio Firmani is a good veteran DM who will probably join you and does a job for a season or 2. Also look at Modeste M'Bami.

For AMC try and get Jordí Gomez as he is excellent there. I got him on loan in 1st season from wigan for 2 seasons then signed him on a free at end of his contract. Ryan McGowan is a good CB with good pace.

Archived