[FM11] Barcelona’ing the way through the lower leagues – is it even possible?

noikeee

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I've got to spin this into something positive: it's the first time in Roma's history that the club wins the league and reaches an european final in the same year, so probably the club's best ever season.

It's also further motivation to remain here for a few more years, I have many achievements yet to obtain. The club never won the Champions League neither back-to-back titles - and neither did I, obviously (in this career). I also want the TIM Cup for myself. All of this is necessary to push Roma into a world class status we don't quite have yet.

Great job winning the league, but such bad luck to lose the CL final on penalties. When I saw the last minute equaliser I really expected to scroll down and see you'd won it because the momentum in a match seems to have a big impact on shootouts, but it wasn't to be :(

• 3 weeks later...

Been away from FM for about two or three weeks due to lack of motivation (it's almost painful to write this season review) and plenty of real life stuff going on, will try to come back now.

Disappointing to lose the CL final on penalties, but still a great season overall. Definitely the first couple of steps to making Roma a European powerhouse, and maybe future Champions League finals await

That's the goal at least!

Hail Man Utd!

Hahaha. You were managing Lazio at the time weren't you? Just gave a quick look at your career thread, much better choice of club now with Dortmund. ;)

Great job winning the league, but such bad luck to lose the CL final on penalties. When I saw the last minute equaliser I really expected to scroll down and see you'd won it because the momentum in a match seems to have a big impact on shootouts, but it wasn't to be

I've never felt momentum made any difference. Indeed, the exact same scenario (late equaliser, crazy 2 penalty kicks swing) had happened to our team in the italian cup a few months before:

RomavMilanInformation_Overview.jpg

It's almost eerie how similar the two games were.

Congrats on winning the Serie A but very unlucky with the loss to Utd.Hopefully you'll be able to win it next season.

Thanks.

Oooomph. Tough loss in the final after being so agonizingly close.

John Terry says Hello.

Hahahahahaha. Best reply. :thup:

Penalties again.

Great season though, as you said we've never gone that far in real life in both the CL and the league. I'm glad you're staying some more.

Forza Roma! :)

Right. About time I get this over with:

Roma 2028/2029 - season review

150px-AS_Roma.png

League

ASRomaRoma_Fixtures-5.jpg

I played these games so long ago I don't remember the details. Nevertheless it's clear this was a great second half of the season in the league, apart from that spectacularly bad match when we were at the end of a 4-1 home hammering by Juve. The key match was obviously the previously mentioned Napoli win, which gave us an edge over our opponents we would never lose again - 4 points. Them Naples folks lost points to Milan right next then Fiorentina a few matches later, whereas we only had that loss against Juve and finished with a wonder run of 3-0 4-0 2-0 2-0 5-0. Now that's the proper Roma I want to see.

SerieATIMInformation_LeagueTable-3.jpg

(League positions graph)

Cups

ASRomaRoma_Fixtures-2-3.jpg

Extensively covered in previous updates. A truly wonderful run past the group stages, as we beat two english sides Arsenal and Portsmouth, to get into the semis - the 4-0 hammering of Portsmouth in the Olimpico will be remembered fondly for a long time. The semi against Barça proved to be a very cagey affair over two legs which only ended in the penalties, and we won it to book our place in the final in Bilbao. This proved to be an extraordinary match with a 2-2 over 120 minutes, but we ran out of luck in the penalties this time and could not bring home Roma's first ever Champions League.

Top 5 key players

(Full squad and stats)

5. Mike Kunert (DC) - Not quite as prolific as last season, but still a rock at the back.

4. Gomes (AML) - A reliable creator of assists and danger with a hint of always useful versatility.

3. Lewis Holmes (ST) - I still don't quite rate him as world class, but he scores goals. 22 of them this season.

2. Mamadou Ba (DC) - Wonderful season from the senegalese centre-back who I planned to demote to a lesser role at the beginning of the season. With his performances, he never let me leave him off the side.

1. Kévin Duval (AMC) - THE MAN. What a sublime season from the swiss attacking midfielder, a total revelation. I have no doubt that with this he settled himself as Switzerland's best ever player. 23 goals for an AMC with 10 for finishing is amazing.

It's worth mentioning that our theoretical best player is still our captain, the versatile defensive midfielder Mignon Pedro, and he was picked for the shortlist of the FIFA Ballon d'Or last December. Didn't have a remarkable season though.

Finances

31M€ in the bank. This Champions League business is kind of lucrative. Enjoyable.

Conclusions and future expectations

Well given I've just stopped playing for a whole month, my real objective for the coming times is to not lose motivation and find the time to play FM once in a while. In-game, I want to win bloody everything. We came close, but it's time for Roma to finally win a Champions League. I can't promise that for next season as one bad match can ruin everything in that competition, but what I can promise is that I'll do my best.

I also want the TIM Cup as we've been quite poor in that competition for my stay here and I want to fix that. Back-to-back Serie A titles would be really good too, no Roma side has ever done that neither. Plenty of in-game goals still to fulfill in Rome then - I'm not planning to leave in the immediate future.

Career overview

[b]Season   Club (nation)         League (tier)                          Notes[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/11    Praiense (POR)        2ª Divisão Sul (3) - 4th
11/12    Praiense (POR)        2ª Divisão Centro (3) - 1st            Lost in promotion playoff
12/13    Kettering (ENG)       Blue Square Premier (5) - 7th           
13/14    Kettering (ENG)       Blue Square Premier (5) - 22nd         Resigned mid-season
        Venezia (ITA)         Seconda Divisione Girone A (4) - 15th  Won relegation playout
14/15    Venezia (ITA)         Seconda Divisione Girone A (4) - 4th   Lost in promotion playoff
15/16    Venezia (ITA)         Seconda Divisione Girone A (4) - 3rd   Lost in promotion playoff
16/17    Venezia (ITA)         Seconda Divisione Girone A (4) - 1st   Promoted, Serie C Cup winners
17/18    Venezia (ITA)         Prima Divisione Girone A (3) - 6th
18/19    Dresden (GER)         3.Liga (3) - 8th
19/20    Dresden (GER)         3.Liga (3) - 13th                      Resigned mid-season
        Belenenses (POR)      Liga Orangina (2) - 10th
20/21    Belenenses (POR)      Liga Orangina (2) - 2nd                Promoted
21/22    Belenenses (POR)      Liga Zon Sagres (1) - 4th                 
22/23    Belenenses (POR)      Liga Zon Sagres (1) - 4th              League Cup winners
2023     Krylya Sovetov (RUS)  Prem'er Liga (1) - 10th                 
23/24    Celta (SPA)           Liga Adelante (2) - 4th                Lost in promotion playoff
24/25    Celta (SPA)           Liga Adelante (2) - 1st                Promoted
25/26    Celta (SPA)           La Liga (1) - 6th
26/27    Celta (SPA)           La Liga (1) - 7th                      Europa League winners
27/28    Roma (ITA)            Serie A (1) - 3rd
28/29    Roma (ITA)            Serie A (1) - 1st                      Italian champions, CL finalists

What a great season Duval had! I suppose his high determination and off the ball skill makes him turn up in the right place at the right time.

Things starting to come together nicely, so I'd expect a few more trophies to come your way soon :thup:

So close to a great double!
Well done on the league win. Shame about the Champions League penalty defeat.
What a great season Duval had! I suppose his high determination and off the ball skill makes him turn up in the right place at the right time.

Things starting to come together nicely, so I'd expect a few more trophies to come your way soon :thup:

Thanks for the comments and the wishes of good fortune, despite the fact I have given absolutely no news at all. :D About to finally get some progress as I'm finishing writing a special update on a 2029 Summer tournament in Portugal...

Confederations Cup Special - Portugal 2029

Portugal_FPF_crest.png

Squad

Let's take a look at the 23 players I called up for this tournament:

PortugalPortugal_Players-1.jpg

A few surprises as I'm yet to settle for a well-defined core of players, given the mixed results so far. Brazilian-born keeper Tite finally decided to choose Portugal over Brazil and I immediately called him up - should be our #1 goalie for years to come. Midfielder Luis Mendes has been doing well for Wolves and was given a shot.

An excess of left-backs meant that the lauded Everton player David Jardim was left out, whereas the media won't shut up about the fact I won't call up some god awful veteran Man Utd defender called Teté, with 9 for pace and 10 for jumping, just because he earned 61 caps back in his days.

Fixtures

Group Stage: New Zealand 0-3 Portugal (Pedro Figueiredo (2), Gustavo)

We had a pretty easy group with New Zealand and Saudi Arabia as beatable opponents, and for preparation I had just set up a friendly against Afghanistan in which we demolished them 7-0. It did prepare us for the situation of having to break through a much weaker side, and two rare long range shots from Pedro Figueiredo killed the game in our favour very early on. That being said, while we easily dominated them, I felt something was still lacking here. A serious injury for winger Gustavo didn't bode well for the rest of the tournament neither.

Group Stage: Portugal 2-1 Saudi Arabia (Luís Pinto, Steven Pereira; Al-Qahtani)

Qualification secured for the next stage, but in a much tougher fashion than it should've been. Saudi Arabia were a better side than New Zealand but we were still heavy favourites yet couldn't break them during the first half - only for former Porto striker Abdulaziz Al-Qahtani to break the deadlock in a corner in the very last touch before half-time. It took a harsh team-talk and a superb performance from substitute Steven Pereira to turn things round, but we never took hold of possession and only by the 77th minute did we get into the lead.

Group Stage: France 2-1 Portugal (François Vogel, Mignon Pedro; Pedro Figueiredo)

As if to emphasize we had underperformed, France had beaten New Zealand 7-0 and Saudi Arabia 3-0. We rested a few players and fielded a very defensive formation expecting to be humbled by the reigning World Champions. It nearly worked, it was a tight game, we resisted the whole of the first half, we equalised right after their first goal, but my Roma captain Mignon Pedro gave France the win in the very last minute. We were to face Group A winners Egypt in the semis.

Semi-Final: Egypt 4-2 Portugal a.e.t. (Al-Shemmari, Hassan, Sabry, Abdel Fatah; Steven Pereira, Pedro Figueiredo)

An epic match that did not go in our favour. It's worth mentioning that while Egypt are not on world class level they do have a few wonderful players and a very solid side - far better than real life contemporary Egypt. I expected it to be a tight fixture, and was delighted to watch Steven Pereira use his huge 2.07m height to score a header early on. Unfortunately Egypt turned it around before half-time with a very dubious penalty supposedly committed by Pedro Figueiredo. The midfielder would redeem himself by scoring the equaliser, his 4th goal in the competition, later on, but soon enough Pingo was sent off for a professional foul and forced us to defend for the remainder of the match. We held on for long, but then extra time made our players very tired and Egypt finally broke past us then scored another to kill the game.

3rd Place Playoff: Portugal 0-3 France (Lemaire, Bagayoko, Baghouli)

A very poor finale to an underwhelming competition. We faced the world champions again for effectively a glorified friendly, with plenty of our players very tired and a few others injured or suspended. France were hardly on great shape neither, but with much better strenght in depth, proved to be much more clinical than ourselves. The stats show a close game, the result will remain in history as a battering. I didn't enjoy having my former Celta striker Khalil Baghouli beating our keeper, but that man is world class even with tired legs.

PortugalPortugal_Fixtures-1.jpg

Spain won the cup with a 2-0 victory in the final over Egypt, payback for Egypt's 1-0 win in the Group Stage.

Best players

5. Carlos Paulista (ST) - Quite frankly I am worried at his recent lack of clinical edge in front of the goal, I'm surprised he didn't score any in the competition, but did push the team forward with his runs and got 2 assists.

4. Pato (DL) - The man I sold to Barcelona one season ago is yet to decline at the age of 31 and beats very tough competition in our epic struggle for the left-back spot.

3. Steven Pereira (AMR, ST) - Couple of great cameo performances from the giant who has been excellent in the Serie A recently for Fiorentina.

2. Luís Pinto (ML) - Portugal's highest profile star at the moment, not quite a Cristiano Ronaldo but has a few tricks in his arsenal, got 2 assists.

1. Pedro Figueiredo (AMC) - Surprisingly prolific, I did not expect him to bag 4 goals. Only France's godlike forward Dahamane Bagayoko (World Cup Golden Shoe winner, 83 goals in 58 caps) did better, with 7 scored...

Conclusions

Looks like we've got quite a lot of work to do here if we want to defend the nation properly next Summer in the Portuguese World Cup. We just about met the FA demands of reaching the Semis, but the group was easy and 3 defeats in 5 games is a negative total. I may have to review my tactics, I'm basing them on the Roma structure but clearly this is a different team with far more serious weaknesses.

Upcoming friendlies against Argentina and Italy should make for another 2 serious tests.

Oh btw, look what I rejected this Summer:

CludioAlegriaNews_Inbox-2-1.jpg

Insane offer financially, it also was hard to refuse because managing a club like that would be the very top peak of any manager's career, but I have unfinished business at Roma. And I hate Man Utd.

Wow, that's some transfer budget.

Unlucky in the semis against Egypt. Without the red card maybe you would have gone through. Same against France in the first match. Conceding in the 90th is never fun. Good luck for the World Cup back home.

Has Rocha done anything of note btw? I forget how many caps and goals he had when you took over.

Wow, that's some transfer budget.

Unlucky in the semis against Egypt. Without the red card maybe you would have gone through. Same against France in the first match. Conceding in the 90th is never fun. Good luck for the World Cup back home.

Has Rocha done anything of note btw? I forget how many caps and goals he had when you took over.

I don't think it was bad luck. Without the red card it should've been 3-2 for Egypt, Pingo sacrificed himself to stop a one-on-one chance. The 90th minute defeat against France meant very little, if it had ended 1-1 we would've qualified as group runners-up on goal difference anyway. We just weren't/aren't good enough really.

Rocha has scored a few for me in friendlies, but has been relegated to the bench after Carlos took the Portuguese nationality, and had a very poor tournament here. Frankly he's past it, was even released by Inter this Summer and could only find a club in Vitória de Guimarães. I wanted to call him up for the World Cup for sentimental reasons, but the harsh truth is that it'd be a wasted slot and I'm going to have to leave him out. :(

With those strikers in the Portugal squad you should use Steven Pereira as a target man in a 4-4-2 maybe.

Yep I hate the 4-4-2 hence why I haven't tried it yet, but the thought has crossed my mind. The bog standard flat 4-4-2 is probably the most fitting formation for our players. I was already planning to experiment with it in the next few friendlies.

----

I'm very excited for the new season with Roma because I've just pulled a massive move in the transfer market, but I can only update a few days from now, so here's just a teaser update - we've signed an INCREDIBLE player. ;)

I don't think it was bad luck. Without the red card it should've been 3-2 for Egypt, Pingo sacrificed himself to stop a one-on-one chance. The 90th minute defeat against France meant very little, if it had ended 1-1 we would've qualified as group runners-up on goal difference anyway. We just weren't/aren't good enough really.

Rocha has scored a few for me in friendlies, but has been relegated to the bench after Carlos took the Portuguese nationality, and had a very poor tournament here. Frankly he's past it, was even released by Inter this Summer and could only find a club in Vitória de Guimarães. I wanted to call him up for the World Cup for sentimental reasons, but the harsh truth is that it'd be a wasted slot and I'm going to have to leave him out. :(

I can vouch for that. Probably did the same with Roger Morgan in my game. He played a little, but has basically been crap the last year at least. It's tough to leave out players you have a weak spot for.

As for the 4-4-2, I am playing with it and nothing else. Maybe it's hurting more than it helps, but I quite like it. If you have the players for it I think you should give it a go. What have you used so far with Portugal?

I smell Dahamane Bagayoko...

That was either a bloody good guess based on my Confederations Cup update, or you cheated by looking at my twitter feed. :D

Here's the man, the beast, the legend, Roma's most expensive player ever, and the guy I fully expect to settle himself as the biggest Roma player since Francesco Totti - if not bigger. Just check out his debut:

CludioAlegriaNews_Inbox-16.jpg

DahamaneBagayokoProfile_Attributes.jpg

.. and his performance in the pre-season friendlies. :eek:

I can vouch for that. Probably did the same with Roger Morgan in my game. He played a little, but has basically been crap the last year at least. It's tough to leave out players you have a weak spot for.

As for the 4-4-2, I am playing with it and nothing else. Maybe it's hurting more than it helps, but I quite like it. If you have the players for it I think you should give it a go. What have you used so far with Portugal?

The same tactics as Roma. 4-2-3-1 with 1 DMC and 1 MC making the line of "2". Except I have a small tweak with the AML dropped into ML position too, because Luis Pinto can't play neither AML or AMR.

I've tried 4-4-2 in the friendly against Argentina and it didn't work very well, we lost 1-0 and Steven Pereira didn't have a single aerial chance. Not sure what to do now.

The same tactics as Roma. 4-2-3-1 with 1 DMC and 1 MC making the line of "2". Except I have a small tweak with the AML dropped into ML position too, because Luis Pinto can't play neither AML or AMR.

I've tried 4-4-2 in the friendly against Argentina and it didn't work very well, we lost 1-0 and Steven Pereira didn't have a single aerial chance. Not sure what to do now.

That Bagayoko lad looks like something else. Here's hoping he can continue it into the season :thup:

Sounds a little bit like what I am experimenting with England. We have the players for 4-4-2 tbh, but it's not working out well enough so am trying out 4-5-1 now. The MC triangle and two wingers. Except our left winger can't play up the pitch so it's a lopsided 4-4-2, sort of. Mixed results so far so am also unsure what to do.

I saw a thread (couldn't find it now) where it was discussed how to play a TM in a flat 4-4-2. Seems most people had success using a target man on support alongside a poacher, and an advanced playmaker on attack behind the target man, creating a triangle between the three players.

That Bagayoko lad looks like something else. Here's hoping he can continue it into the season :thup:

Sounds a little bit like what I am experimenting with England. We have the players for 4-4-2 tbh, but it's not working out well enough so am trying out 4-5-1 now. The MC triangle and two wingers. Except our left winger can't play up the pitch so it's a lopsided 4-4-2, sort of. Mixed results so far so am also unsure what to do.

Yep, that sounds very similar.

Loving the battling nature of your team!

I take it you mean Roma, not the Portuguese national team. I'd love it more if our battling nature actually made us win those long drawn out games, rather than lose in penalties...

I saw a thread (couldn't find it now) where it was discussed how to play a TM in a flat 4-4-2. Seems most people had success using a target man on support alongside a poacher, and an advanced playmaker on attack behind the target man, creating a triangle between the three players.

That's a great tip, I'll try it the next international friendly.

Roma 2029/2030 - season preview

150px-AS_Roma.png

Transfers (in)

Let's take a look at the new faces that arrived at the club this Summer. A mere 6 signings, but one of them really stands out...

Gérard Coulibaly (ST) (€4.1M) - We didn't really need yet another striker, but for this price there was no way I was going to let him go, because he's absolutely top class. The only thing he's lacking is aerial ability really, but I play mostly by the ground anyway.

Felix Peron (DC, DM, MC) (free) - Doesn't quite fit the DC position perfectly due to lack of key physical attributes, neither DM because he's not natural there, but getting a regular French international for the bench for free seemed like an excellent deal.

Karim Abdellah (D/WBL, DM, MC) (free) - One for the future, and what a bright future it is, excellent for an 18 year old. I'm overpaying him on wages but I don't mind.

Marco Hofmann (MC, MR) (€6M) - Extremely expensive for a 17 year old, but if Abdellah is a future superstar, Hofmann is even better and surely it won't take a long time before he starts getting the odd first team appearance. I'm retraining him as an AMR for his pace and dribbling.

Nicola Ferraro (M/AML, MC) (€4M) - I needed another option for left-winger to stir up Gomes and Mior with competition, and while Ferraro isn't world class, he's versatile, he was cheap and is italian - unfortunately doesn't count as homegrown somehow, must be a bug.

Dahamane Bagayoko (ST) (€55M) - What can I say about this man that hasn't been said before? How about a perspective of what an insanely good international career he has had already by the age of 26. World Cup 2026 winner with France, being both Golden Ball and Golden Shoe runner-up (on equal goals with the winner). Euro 2028 Golden Boot and Best Player. Confederations Cup 2029 Top Goalscorer and Best Player. Shortlisted for the FIFA Ballon d'Or on three occasions. 83 goals in 59 caps. He's only not won any major club honours yet because he was stuck at Tottenham, I'll take care of that in Rome.

Transfers (out)

To make space for Bagayoko and Coulibaly I had to make the harsh call of selling our top forward Lewis Holmes by 20M€. I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but Lewis was last season's UEFA Champions League Golden Boot... The other forward to leave was Soslan Ivanov but he's still 21 and I rate him very high so I just loaned him to Dortmund for a season for 1.2M€. The disappointing attacking midfielder Andrezinho was sold to Parma for 5.5M€ after I had paid 12.75M€ to get him two years ago - a very poor season and the decisive penalty kick missed in the Champions League final didn't help -, veteran William was sold to Bordeaux for 2.8M€, defender Tom van den Hoek to Monaco for 2M€, and a few youngsters I didn't rate high went as well: Fatih Akbas (325K€), Andrea Gallo (675K€), Giuseppe Rota (110K€), Gregory Bakker (2.6M€ + 50% from next sale profit), Luca Orlandi (400K€).

Finances

All of these sales, and the Champions League prize money, didn't allow us to stay in the black, because the unprecedented bid for Bagayoko broke the bank, along with a few expensive contract renewals. We're 2.6M€ in the red - not a major drama though.

Youth intake

Luca Antinori is not the kind of forward that would fit my team, but bloody hell he looks brilliant for a 16 year old kid. The Roma academy is on very good form after producing Vanni Fioravanti last season - who at the age of 17 was already shining in this Summer's Under 20 World Cup.

Full Squad

ASRomaRoma_Players-4.jpg

Very large squad, but we want to go far in every competition. I think we're good enough to do it, albeit I wanted a better goalkeeper and our top top talent is all upfront where I can only field 1 of our 3 superb strikers in my formation - and no I'm not changing it.

First fixtures

ASRomaRoma_Fixtures-6.jpg

RomavFiorentinaInformation_Overview.jpg

A trophy! Italy's version of the Charity Shield is called the Supercoppa and is the first time I win this kind of tournament, very pleased with it. It was all about a Carlos Paulista brace. The other game (4-0 win over Juve) was magnificent, lighten up by an astonishing Bagayoko debut as posted previously.

Our Champions League group is Man City, Wolfsburg and Sporting CP. Relatively hard actually, but we're a world class team and can't be afraid of anyone.

Predictions, conclusions, etc

I want to go one step further and conquer Europe. I cannot promise it'll happen this season because a single bad match can ruin our Champions League campaign, as it's a knockout competition, but I can promise we'll be strong. As we'll be in the league, we want Roma's first ever back-to-back titles. And I want to go far in the Cup for a change, I've been very poor as a manager in every domestic cup for a few years now - despite the fact some of my greatest earlier successes were in cups (Serie C Cup with Venezia, League Cup with Belenenses).

Wow Nelson, that's some summer! How on Earth did you get Coulibali for only 4.1 million? Bagayoko looks an absolute beast too, for a beastly sum, but it will be hard to not score with him on the pitch.

Will be very surprised if you don't win anything this coming season, cause that team looks frighteningly good.

Cheers all. Coulibaly was cheap because he was stuck at Standard Liége but with a ridiculously low release clause - which I paid. As for the "good start to the season", the 2nd league fixture we lost to Inter 3-1. :rolleyes: I think we're more dependent on our first choice wingers Gomes and Zarabi that I would like. With Gomes out injured, and Zarabi in one of his none-too-rare off-days we were hopeless...

SnakeXe: my idea is indeed to sell one of the forwards at the end of the season, whoever performs worse - because I've got Soslan Ivanov loaned out and he's a quality player in great form. At this moment I think it'll be Carlos Paulista out, I know I just paid 28.5M€ for him last Summer but he's been far too inconsistent for both Roma and the national team...

Okay, this is getting a little ridiculous now. Another Bagayoko poker. It's as if the opposition's defenders don't exist - although they do seem to give far too much space:

[video=youtube;KqzVoFL2Dqk]

Bagayoko is simply ridiculous - he reminds me of Yaya Sanago in my save in FM11, only better. His international career is beyond sublime, I have never seen anything like it!

You think he will go on to become the greatest footballer of all-time (According to your save, of course :) )

Fantastic defending around the minute mark there. Batayoko runs straight through in the centre, and the one defender that may do something about it moves away from him. I see this sometimes in FM10, but it's disappointing it's still present in FM12. Will things ever truly improve??

damn he's fast,the defenders almost look like they're walking when hes running lol

I think he scares them off. Have you seen his face?

Baka-baka-pow-pow!

I'm hoping the Roma fans have come up with a better chant for him than that. :D

Been reading through this the past few days and thoroughly enjoyed it, keep up the good work! :D:thup:

Glad you're enjoying it, again I do this for my own enjoyment, and it's been tons of fun lately because I've got a crazy good team.

Bagayoko is simply ridiculous - he reminds me of Yaya Sanago in my save in FM11, only better. His international career is beyond sublime, I have never seen anything like it!

You think he will go on to become the greatest footballer of all-time (According to your save, of course :) )

I've never seen an international career like that in FM neither, and assuming he keeps this insane form or anything close to it, he's by far the most prolific striker I've ever had too. Greatest of all-time though, I think he needs a Ballon D'Or to establish himself and he's not been voted in the top 3 yet. That's probably because while he's been magnificent for France, he's been stuck at Tottenham with no silverware whatsoever club-wise.

I'm hoping he'll win a Champions League for me and in turn receive that level of individual recognition.

Fantastic defending around the minute mark there. Batayoko runs straight through in the centre, and the one defender that may do something about it moves away from him. I see this sometimes in FM10, but it's disappointing it's still present in FM12. Will things ever truly improve??

That caught my eye too after uploading the vid (I played the match in 2D and his goals looked far more impressive then). It's a very poor visual representation of bad judgment by the defender, going to mark a player who's already marked leaving tons of space for him to just run through to score. I haven't checked who that defender was, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a 1 for marking and 1 for decisions, which he would have to make such a bonkers call at a professional football match.

Btw this is FM11 I'm playing not FM12.

Archived