Mr Hough's Wants a job with SI tactic.

Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?

• 3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver
    • Cena Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 28

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well With the viper i had harder start...but now im tottally owning everythings (about end season starting second season)

with cena i really didnt had ever problems...but it didnt dominate as the viper dominating right now

You can try both...Match perpartion for both of them until there fluid

Well,

After my own tactic started to let me down - indifferent results as you can see, I decided to see what Mr Hough had to offer for FM11. Downloaded the "Viper" tactic 3 game days before the Kettering match, and now 4 games later quite a difference.

SleningfordUnitedSleningford_Fixtures.png

More goals than I can shake a stick at! Particularly pleased by the result away at Luton in the FA Cup (they're in League 2), but not that happy about scoring 5 at home to Telford and still losing (what a game though!!).

I know it's still early days, but if I'm getting this kind of results even before my players adapt to the tactic it's looking very promising.

Thanks for this tactic Mr H.

Folks,

If anyone is interested I have updated my squad analysis tool (requires Excel 2007/2010) to include players as required by Mr Hough's tactics in this thread (based on the player filters he uploaded). This is in addition to the "default" player positions/roles in the game.

You can download it HERE.

If you need help with this or any more info please message me so I don't hijack this thread.

Folks,

If anyone is interested I have updated my squad analysis tool (requires Excel 2007/2010) to include players as required by Mr Hough's tactics in this thread (based on the player filters he uploaded). This is in addition to the "default" player positions/roles in the game.

You can download it HERE.

how do you use it?

Hi,

I've been trying to make your tactics work for my savegame here, but in 3 seasons I never exceeded media prediction by over 3 or 4 places.

As I found my old FM2010 CD, I was about to revert to the 10.3 patch, which had much better newgens and a more stable tactics domain.

And then as a last attempt I switched to the Tombstone-PIledriver tactic, which had given me extraordianary results in one of the earlier patches. And I can't stop winning since. Unbeaten in 24 games, and i've scored 84 goals since!

how do you use it?

Full instructions are on the first tab. I usually populate it for my entire squad(s) it at the start of each the season. Easiest way is to create 3 custom views as shown in the first tab and then save as html before importing into Excel and merging them together (but this does require a working Excel knowledge). The alternative way would be to copy type the attributes etc in for each player - doesn't require as much Excel knowledge, but is a real PITA if you have a big squad.

Throughout the season I then add (follow the instructions if you do this) or delete lines as required.

Once populated, scroll the right hand side of the screen to see the scores (out of 100) for the players against each role, including the Mr Hough roles (which are the ones on the far right of each position). Remember to delete the scores out of all the positions a player can't play in (or alternatively consider training them in a new position if they have a really good score in it).

Please message me if you need any more help because I don't want to "hijack" Mr Hough's thread.

for which tactic?and the player requirement still the same?

Sorry for not stating that earlier.

Im using the Viper Tactic - the newest. I moved the center striker down to AMC, without touching anything else like sliders etc. Working like a charm, especially mixed with good team talks. I always use "I expect a Win", and im AaB, in the Danish League. It keeps the nobheads focused! :D

Seem to struggle to beat times with a 5 man midfield and 1 striker...teams such as burnley bolton and wolves have been tough to beat because of their formation and is there a way to counter this problem.

Hey guys.

Moving the middle ST down to AMC postion will balance out the tactic, and thus making it harder for the opponent score goals, while you are still dominating! :)

How would putting a striker in AMC position make opponents score less goals? Especially if you don't change any instructions?

Serek i havnt try...But it can cause more possesion..more marking by the AMC beacuse his more deeper so he put preeasure on the midfield of your oppent,causing more loss balls and more attacks for you which means less attacks against you.

Serek i havnt try...But it can cause more possesion..more marking by the AMC beacuse his more deeper so he put preeasure on the midfield of your oppent,causing more loss balls and more attacks for you which means less attacks against you.

Tried it for one game and it is exactly like you said. Interesting, might try playing like that a bit longer.

Apologies if this has been asked, I've scanned the entire thread (took half an hour!) and not found anything mentioned...

My question is How come there are no individual player mentalitys? The "Central Midfield" and "Attacking" or the "Support" bit.. just disappears on the PI screen. And during the game I can't change the team mentality because the "Instructions" button is greyed out.

This is only with your tactics Mr Hough - what's going on, am I missing something blindingly obvious??

Apologies if this has been asked, I've scanned the entire thread (took half an hour!) and not found anything mentioned...

My question is How come there are no individual player mentalitys? The "Central Midfield" and "Attacking" or the "Support" bit.. just disappears on the PI screen. And during the game I can't change the team mentality because the "Instructions" button is greyed out.

This is only with your tactics Mr Hough - what's going on, am I missing something blindingly obvious??

its because its a "classic" tactic which is just made by changing the sliders. No Roles in here and not possible to change "Instructions" ingame.

its because its a "classic" tactic which is just made by changing the sliders. No Roles in here and not possible to change "Instructions" ingame.

Oh right, I didn't realise you could do such a thing! Thanks for answering that.

Won my first 2 games with the more defensive tactic... so far so good.... from what I've read on this thread you are some kind of genius Mr Hough... so thanks!

Or what seems to be very deadly, is the player with the ball runs down the flank, crosses it in, and another striker easily knocks it in the net.

Bumping this. Basically what happens is that the player running down the flank gets the attention of all defensive players around him, and if he makes the cross the ball ends up next to a completely unmarked opposition striker. I wouldn't say it happens all the time because it doesn't, but I'd suggest looking into that if you ever plan to release another 4123, Mr Hough.

Bumping this. Basically what happens is that the player running down the flank gets the attention of all defensive players around him, and if he makes the cross the ball ends up next to a completely unmarked opposition striker. I wouldn't say it happens all the time because it doesn't, but I'd suggest looking into that if you ever plan to release another 4123, Mr Hough.

Yeah The fullbacks have always been a nightmare for me.

What i have tried to do is when I'm attacking push my players forward into attacking positions because if you think about it, If my players are pushing forward then this will push the opposition back.

It has it's faults though and is open to counters but that's where you need to look at the individual settings to try and balance them out.

It is hard to do but i think i get it right alot of the time.

Oh right, I didn't realise you could do such a thing! Thanks for answering that.

Won my first 2 games with the more defensive tactic... so far so good.... from what I've read on this thread you are some kind of genius Mr Hough... so thanks!

The 3 Pedigrees and a Tombstone Piledriver tactic (The defensive one) is very good for mid-table to bottom teams or teams that are just coming up from promotion.

I used the tactic in my Tottenham Save combined with defensive positioning and in 18 games i only Conceded 6 goals won 15 and drawn 3 - I don't normally use Defensive positioning i tend to use No Special Match Prep but it worked well for me on this tactic.

Good luck with the Rest of your game.

Mr Hough what do you actually think about the AMC idea? From what I've noticed, moving a middle striker there without changing instructions results with him picking up the ball earlier on the field. After that he:

- makes a run, depending on the situation does a long shot or passes to one of the strikers,

- plays one-two with one of the strikers which results with him getting a shot from inside penalty area.

Yeah The fullbacks have always been a nightmare for me.

What i have tried to do is when I'm attacking push my players forward into attacking positions because if you think about it, If my players are pushing forward then this will push the opposition back.

It has it's faults though and is open to counters but that's where you need to look at the individual settings to try and balance them out.

It is hard to do but i think i get it right alot of the time.

- I agree. Fullbacks are somehow not working properly. But the Viper tactic is very weak against counters, and it is unfortunately a flaw, unless you have world class DC's and FB's who also happen to be fast.

As i mention earlier, moving the center ST to AMC does even out the problem a bit, but i wouldnt recommend playing this tactic if youre a low team playing a top club. Then id suggest the defensive one, as stated earlier in this thread.

which tactic? people put reviews but often don't state which tactic?

- Its the Viper tactic - the newest one! :)

finished my first season with the viper tactic, 2nd season into the game (i holiday unemployed the first)

results.jpg

table.jpg

most of my team weren't players design for their roles but hopefully this will get better with the more specified players i can find

- I agree. Fullbacks are somehow not working properly. But the Viper tactic is very weak against counters, and it is unfortunately a flaw, unless you have world class DC's and FB's who also happen to be fast.

As i mention earlier, moving the center ST to AMC does even out the problem a bit, but i wouldnt recommend playing this tactic if youre a low team playing a top club. Then id suggest the defensive one, as stated earlier in this thread.

- Its the Viper tactic - the newest one! :)

i have been using the cena vs rock one,was one of the testers for it,have you tried the cena vs rock one or just the viper,feel tempted to make a change but do you change something that is currently doing well??

i have been using the cena vs rock one,was one of the testers for it,have you tried the cena vs rock one or just the viper,feel tempted to make a change but do you change something that is currently doing well??

I have, mate. It proved to be somehow inconsistent. Im not saying its purely the tactics fault, as there are many factors to consider, as in if i was away, morale, and overall quality of my team - to mention a few.

I did try using the defensive one against Fenebache in the Europa League Quals, but lost 4-2, despite having 3 amazing poachers - one of them Victor Obinna.

How are you doing, Dave? Hope you are well. I figured I would copy and paste this from my Facebook mail as I don't think you have had time to reply.

Tried your tactic (finally!) that you sent me. Used from about January until the end of the season. It worked REALLY well.

The only thing that seemed to cause problems was away games. When I first implimented the tactic I lost the first 2-3 away games. Sometimes being 2 nil down at half time. Then I think I drew the away game after that. It then seemed to work a wee bit better away from home but faltered another once or twice before the end of the season. I will note though that the tactic took me to the Scottish Cup Final (beating Celtic 2-1 in the semi's) so that was pretty awesome (Especially sweet because I'm a Rangers man!). And we finished 3rd(media prediction 9th), 2 points from the top, and that was only half a season at the most with the tactic in use!

I have been bearing in mind though that all of the players in my squad/starting 11 don't have stats that match your filters.

On the filters note. I am trying to sign better players and give the tactic a full season with players that are better suited to the positions, but I'm struggling to find affordable players who meet the criteria.

Do you reckon that if the players I bring in match 5/7 of the filter attributes or 6/8 of them then they will still play well or brilliant in that formation?

Sorry for the length of the message here. I'd show you a few screenies of your great tactic but I'm at work at the moment.

Thanks.

In addition to this I maye be able to add a few screenies up if you require.

Archived