Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3 Tactic. Alot of craze about my Tactic on FM BASE!

Hey all,

Like someone said above, I'm trying match preparation on defensive positioning (I play Paris FC, been promoted to french 2nd dvivision). Having much better results this way, especially on the away games where I used to concede a lot. My squad definitely isn't great compared to the top division teams, but I'm having a great second part of season (since I changed the match preparation) and a second promotion is an achievable goal if it continues that way.

You still score loads.

Cheers grobs, hope this helps, maybe for those teams not having a great defence or on away games.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried this and it didn't really make a difference with the marking of corners - all you can do is limit AI with the number of goals it scores, its almost impossible to eliminate them completely because the match engine is set up so difficultly. Also, I found that if the strikers were set to 'Go back' Then they would push on if a counter attack arose from the defending corner but thanks for the suggestion.

Edit - never mind.

Cheers for the insight.

Hey all,

Like someone said above, I'm trying match preparation on defensive positioning (I play Paris FC, been promoted to french 2nd dvivision). Having much better results this way, especially on the away games where I used to concede a lot. My squad definitely isn't great compared to the top division teams, but I'm having a great second part of season (since I changed the match preparation) and a second promotion is an achievable goal if it continues that way.

You still score loads.

Cheers grobs, hope this helps, maybe for those teams not having a great defence or on away games.

Thats brilliant, currently having back-to-back promotion success myself with Eastleigh.

Yes I think match prep included improves the tactic even further, I would advise to leave it to your Ass Man but if your having success from 'defensive positioning' then thats great!

My Euro Cup group results with Fulham using the tactic:

fulhameuro.jpg

At the moment I would say around 80% of the goals I concede are from corners.

Brilliant results. About the corners - annoying, I know. There no real way of stopping them :(.

Are you giving Match Prep to your Ass Man?

Brilliant results. About the corners - annoying, I know. There no real way of stopping them :(.

Are you giving Match Prep to your Ass Man?

Yes, AssMan is doing match prep now that we're fluid.

Currently equal 1st in the EPL with Man Utd. at the New Year break.

Yes, AssMan is doing match prep now that we're fluid.

Currently equal 1st in the EPL with Man Utd. at the New Year break.

I'm not sure whether Match Prep should be given to AssMan or set as 'defensive positioning' - think it needs more testing until i'm 100% sure whats better.

You should maybe consider defensive match preparation for away games and offensive one for home matches.

Team blending when you are on a losing streak. Offensive set pieces against teams which concedes alot from set pieces, and def set pieces against team scoring many goals from corners. (am's reports).

You should maybe consider defensive match preparation for away games and offensive one for home matches.

Team blending when you are on a losing streak. Offensive set pieces against teams which concedes alot from set pieces, and def set pieces against team scoring many goals from corners. (am's reports).

how do you find out who concedes from set pieces?

EDIT: 05/04/2010 I would now advise Match Prep to be on 'None' but have the workload bar set all the way up to the right, so it is set to 'Intense'.

Also, I know alot of you have had success with my tactic. JP Woody has edited my tactic and made a wingers version, which he guided Middlesbourgh to 2nd place in the Prem and won the FA cup (2nd season). Its currently being tested with Liverpool and so far so good 4 out of 4 wins, including a win at Old Trafford. I will also try to make one, but if i think this one is good enough, either myself or he will upload the wingers version. (Its also a wizard version so alot of people will be happy about that)

update:

Team: tottenham

achieved: League 100pts, FA CUP final (played the reserve team so lost 2-1), Champions league (5-0 beated man City), League Cup, World Club Cup and European super cup.

Should the strikers train to have shot with power or placed shot?!

update:

Team: tottenham

achieved: League 100pts, FA CUP final (played the reserve team so lost 2-1), Champions league (5-0 beated man City), League Cup, World Club Cup and European super cup.

Should the strikers train to have shot with power or placed shot?!

I honestly don't know Lol, in real life they would never miss the chances they do on the game, its sometimes so frustrating, I would do placed but I don't think it makes too much difference.

I honestly don't know Lol, in real life they would never miss the chances they do on the game, its sometimes so frustrating, I would do placed but I don't think it makes too much difference.

Besides, I wanted to say as well I was 36 games unbeated but the last 2 games, away to liverpool and ManU. I rested my best players for the CL final and FA cup final. So 36 games unbeated, the last 2 games lost only. 100 pts in the league, more than 100 goals scored.

And I had high on defensive positioning all the way. didn't try high on nothing, nor let assistant talks....

Starting a new season, may try v high on defensive positoning when tough games, and defensive on low when normal games.

EDIT: 05/04/2010 I would now advise Match Prep to be on 'None' but have the workload bar set all the way up to the right, so it is set to 'very high'.

would it help on:

1) Defending?

2) defensive corners?

3) Gel the team?

4) If workload on high, you can't train your young ones....

5) You can put your update on the OP, so that anyone can see it.

Just advice only....dun get me wrong!

yes thanks for your Update!

For some reason this worked for me the best - its almost as if they concentrate on the tactic as a whole whilst not on one specific area. I won 15 games in a row using Eastleigh in League 2 with this, and now in League 1 to just my first 4 games before my Laptop crashed :(. Is this working better for you vitoco77?

Its summer, I downloaded your latest version against the almighty italia. I am England. I dun have ronney, and other big stars, my strikers are (dun laugh!): Bent, Welbeck, young....and I just beated Italia 3-2!!!!

Lost 1-0 to France in extra time in the final of Euro.

The only disadvantage I see in this tactics is that you get way too many yellow cards and you often need to lower the tackle once the players got it.

Ok serek, let me know how you get on.

I think it was a morale issue, my stupid players were going from Superb to Poor sometimes after a DRAW against a STRONGER side. F***.

Also away games are generally much much more difficult apparently.

Thanks for all the feedback/testing you guys have been giving me - its much appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain but now I really do think Match Prep being left to 'None' and the workload of 'average' and that is final.

EDIT: 06/04/2011 - 'None' and the workload of 'average'

Thanks for all the feedback/testing you guys have been giving me - its much appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain but now I really do think Match Prep is better being left to the AssMan and that is final.

EDIT: 06/04/2011 - MATCH PREP TO ASSMAN.

Whats happened with the wizard version?

Currently playing as Preston started off excellently went the first 14 games unbeaten in the league but hit a bad slump at the moment, thrashed 5-0 by derby in the cup being a very low point

Whats happened with the wizard version?

Currently playing as Preston started off excellently went the first 14 games unbeaten in the league but hit a bad slump at the moment, thrashed 5-0 by derby in the cup being a very low point

Try resting your big players and get there condition better for some games, I personally rotate alot and it seems to work. I've given JP Woody the go ahead to release it, its an edited version of my tactic which includes two wingers. Personally, I want to make one myself so I know the inns and out of it.

Thanks Brobs,

Is it better afterall your testing?!

By the way, call me thick if you wish, what is the best attribution for an Ass man?!

Sorry to be a pain but now I really do think Match Prep is better being left to the AssMan and that is final.

EDIT: 06/04/2011 - MATCH PREP TO ASSMAN.

Okay, so here are the results of my season:

Finished 4th in the EPL, but not far behind the winners:

fulhams31.jpg

Won the League Cup:

fulhams32.jpg

Runners up in the FA Cup. As you can see we outplayed them all over the park, and they ended up winning it from a corner. GRRRRR!!

fulhams33.jpg

And finally, runaway winners of the Euro Cup. If you notice, one of their 2 goals was actually an own goal. The other was from a terrible backpass from one of my FB's. (Hugo Lloris rated a 3.8 for this game. I almost felt sorry for him.)

fulhams34.jpg

In my opinion this is by far the most effective tactic available for 11.3 (and I've tried most of them).

Great work Brobs - now I'm off to try and win it all this season.

Okay, so here are the results of my season:

Finished 4th in the EPL, but not far behind the winners:

fulhams31.jpg

Won the League Cup:

fulhams32.jpg

Runners up in the FA Cup. As you can see we outplayed them all over the park, and they ended up winning it from a corner. GRRRRR!!

fulhams33.jpg

And finally, runaway winners of the Euro Cup. If you notice, one of their 2 goals was actually an own goal. The other was from a terrible backpass from one of my FB's. (Hugo Lloris rated a 3.8 for this game. I almost felt sorry for him.)

fulhams34.jpg

In my opinion this is by far the most effective tactic available for 11.3 (and I've tried most of them).

Great work Brobs - now I'm off to try and win it all this season.

What tactic version are you using m8

"It seems that my only draws and loses were against teams that play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1

And they were all away games.

Anyone else noticed this?"

I definitely have! Have you found anyway to combat this... I haven't noticed if we're getting killed down the wings or outnumbered in midfield?

To counter this, when I play a team that's lined up 4-4-2 i drop the centre forward into the attacking midfielder role... that seems to help but, I still seem to get beat more often than not.

Trying this from the start of my 5th season with Antwerp in the Belgian Pro League and Ghana in the African Cup of Nation Qualifying Group (and hopefully African Cup of Nations). I tried it in the last 12 games of last season with some success... P12 W6 L2 D4, finished 3rd (i'd previously been using Lennon 5-2-3 which was very consistent). I hoping now the tactic has gelled that we can win the league.

There is one thing i've noticed, the ass man keeps saying in game that the gap between midfield and the forwards is too big and the opponents can exploit it, just thought i'd point that out.

Ignore it, he's an idiot.

with regards to the midfielders ive been looking at players such as badelj.ninis,skjelbred,witsel,cairney and bressan with the simao and radosav petrovic for the dm postion.upront benitez ,dembele and carcela have caught my eye are these the right type of players to look at for my birmingham side first season

Archived