Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3 Tactic. Alot of craze about my Tactic on FM BASE!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what was wrong with the 1st tactic. I just crushed Maritimo with my Porto team 8-1 away, then proceeded to also smash Braga 5-2 away. Works wonders even though defense is a little shaky at times.

You wouldn't believe this if i didnt show it to you.....

tottenhamvrmadridinform.png

Lets just hope the tactic performs like this throughout the actual season!

jimmy what tactic are you using?

I'm still working on improving my tactic even furthur, I just got this result with a few tweaks here and there

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/eastleighvbrightonstats.png/

can someone help me out with getting my strikers to be more prolific infront of goal? For some reason AI scores pretty much every good chance it is presented with but I score 1 in 3

jimmy what tactic are you using?

I'm still working on improving my tactic even furthur, I just got this result with a few tweaks here and there

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/eastleighvbrightonstats.png/

can someone help me out with getting my strikers to be more prolific infront of goal? For some reason AI scores pretty much every good chance it is presented with but I score 1 in 3

thats using your Original one with tweaked set peices! Btw do the three strikers have to b quick....i have cardozo in the middle is he too slow for the tactic?

Opening post knows.

@Brobs

The problem is actually in ME sorta. I don't know if you read Franky's tactic topic, but if you did, then you might notice that they were having the same issue (he was using three strikers also). I think this is implemented simply because if you play with a very attacking tactic, create loads of chances and score even 75% of them, you'll end your season with tons, TONS of goals scored. And since this game is supposed to be realistic (to human players ofc, not AI, it can cheat all it wants), that simply won't happen. You do get some crazy, high scoring results from time to time, but that's rather rare.

i would say at the moment i am letting in more goals from set pieces than before using the updated version...hmm

I've set my corner defending up differently now.

I keep the 3 strikers Forward

1 x Mark Near Post

1 x Mark Far Post

1 x Close Down Corner

Everyone else set to Back

This leaves the box much clearer and allows the keeper a better chance to claim the ball. The man closing down makes it harder for them to drill the cross, and having the 3 strikers forward leaves the opportunity for counterattacks. I've certainly conceded far fewer goals from corners this way.

I've set my corner defending up differently now.

I keep the 3 strikers Forward

1 x Mark Near Post

1 x Mark Far Post

1 x Close Down Corner

Everyone else set to Back

This leaves the box much clearer and allows the keeper a better chance to claim the ball. The man closing down makes it harder for them to drill the cross, and having the 3 strikers forward leaves the opportunity for counterattacks. I've certainly conceded far fewer goals from corners this way.

Interesting i will give it a go, thanks!

I have quite a poor team so its to be expected really.

I have completed an update to my tactic and I will release tomorrow, would you guys prefer a new thread to clear up confusion between the two tactics?

what's the difference between the the tactics? New formation? if Its a completely new tactic then start a new thread I think

This tactic is fantastic, but urgh, can't believe the amount of set piece goals I'm conceding. It's the only way I do concede really, but occasionally I've conceded 3 to 4 goals in a game all from set pieces.

The set pieces tweak further up this page seems to have made things worse if anything.

Another thing just worth noting is that I'm having a better time playing left-footed strikers in STL and right-footed strikers in STR rather than the other way around.

Although having them reversed is better from a shooting perspective, I find that when they play the right way round there are far more crossing opportunities and less one-on-ones, which tends to make for more goals and higher ratings for all 3 strikers.

It might just be me, but it seems to work for my team.

Good base tactic, but...

• Silly amount of goals conceded from set pieces - pretty much the only way I concede goals - how can this be bettered?

• How do you change the tactics if you go a goal behind?

I'm testing this with Man United, so defenders shouldn't be an issue with Vidic and Rio defending set pieces.

Archived