Mr Hough FM11.2 Winger tactic and Discussion

playing against 3 strikers is always gonna be hard no matter what - Simply because of there interplay with each other, What you could do is move a Cm to the DM position - Set his marking to specificly mark there middle striker, This will mark him out of the game and then the opposition will only rely on the other 2 strikers.

Another is that you could move a striker to the DM position - Set all his stats to be the same as the CM's but set his marking to specificly mark the middle striker, This will give you even more cover as you will still have the protection of the CM's.

Doing this you might lose some attacking play but it'll be worth it to shore up the defence

Also try changing the Fullbacks to Zonal marking and also moving the D-Line up just 2 notches.

Let me know how you get on these tips mate.

I already did the marking and d-line.. I will try with the man marking of the FCC :-)

Thanks..

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAVE,

after speakin gto you at length on facebook the other night, my man u team continue to impress.

10.0 vs shaktar, 5.0 vs stoke, 8.1 away at sunderland.

i tweaked a few things....

all defence on zonal

def line up 2 nothches.

match prep: ionce blended, always defence (as you say, they will alwyas score!)

when away vs a tough team, if they have an amc, i drop the rcm back.

when away vs a tough team, if they have aml/amr , i drop the aml/amr back to lm/rm.

defenders must all have acc/pace/team work. dc must have good passing range.

always have 2 replacement fullbakcs on bench and look to replace around 65mins (depending on condition)

seems to be working wonders for me

cheers again pal

I'm now 30 games into my first season with Peterborough Utd now and have scored 118 goals already. Mackail-Smith is scoring for fun for me, as was McLean before he went to Hull (I'm playing with an edited database). I'm not sure how far he can go, but at League 1 level for sure, Ryan Bennett is a quality defender for this tactic and his stats are getting better. Also, if you can get him on loan, Jordan Spence from West Ham is also proving to be a very capable performer for me with 8 goals from central defense.

DAVE,

after speakin gto you at length on facebook the other night, my man u team continue to impress.

all defence on zonal

def line up 2 nothches.

when away vs a tough team, if they have aml/amr , i drop the aml/amr back to lm/rm.

always have 2 replacement fullbakcs on bench and look to replace around 65mins (depending on condition)

cheers again pal

Awesome mate - It takes some slight tweaks but if you do it right, This tactic is just simply outstanding.

Just one thought.

Dave, u have ur miedfielders set to man mark, thus, if u r playing angainst a 451, u will always be outnumbered in miedfield plus they will always have an unmarked man in miedfield with lots of space and time to make a move. What do u think about setting ur cm to zonal marking instead? Will it be against ur thoughts about this tactic?

Cheers

Right now I've lost for the first time this season to Lyon on the 2nd round of Europe Leage.

Here is a few screenies just to show how much Dave rocks ;)

The Premier League at the moment:

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/barclayspremierleaguein.png/

Look at the amount of goals scored.I know i conceded a lot because of my goalkeeper but i'm going to bring a better one:

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/ericsinayoverview.png/

Some screenies of the fixtures:

http://img29.imageshack.us/i/manchestercitymancityfi.png/

http://img255.imageshack.us/i/manchestercitymancityfi.png/

Hey Dave,

I'm using your tactic with MK Dons 2010/11, it's going very well. I've used the orginal tactic and the tactic with the defensive tweaks applied. Personaly the orginal tactic has worked better for my team than the tactic with the tweaks. Just saying may be better to offer the tweaks as a seperate tactic in the OP rather than as a replacement cos I think it depends on what players people have as to which works better.

DAVE,

all defence on zonal

def line up 2 nothches.

cheers again pal

sorry but what doest 'ionce blended'' ionce blended, always defence (as you say, they will alwyas score!) mean ???

and what are your suggestions for a enough ass mans???

once blended in match prep, change to defence positioning to tighten up at the back.

as dave always ays, this tactic will score goals so the key is to tighten the defence.

get a good assistant manager with great tactical knowledge so he can give good, effective team talks

once blended in match prep, change to defence positioning to tighten up at the back.

as dave always ays, this tactic will score goals so the key is to tighten the defence.

get a good assistant manager with great tactical knowledge so he can give good, effective team talks

Don't waste your time on such things as team talks and match rep. I don't use any it has NO EFFECT on my team and it didn't prevent me from finishing 5th with Blackpool (using Franky's tactic). All this rubbish as OI's, team talks and match prep has been tested over many seasons.

this tactic has a lot of potential attacking wise but in all honesty it still ships in loads of goals against you(even with the tweaks)...I tested this with sunderland on two different saves and i was conceding goals like crazy...hope mt hough can give a more defensive version of the tactic

Hi everybody, wasnt really holding much hope for this tactic as the last ones didnt work for me at all and I found ll Devisto to be the best id found. But I have to say im won over now. I dont usually post screenshots of my results etc but the season iv had with Derby has been amazing. This is first season and I have pretty much gutted side to what I started with so I thought it may take time to work as all the players where new.. I sold pretty much every player I could and bought in some very good players for this level so I do arguably have the best side in the championship but I ended up with a massive 118 points and bashed Chelsea 3-0 in the FA Cup final and took out arsenal in the semi.

Tweaks I made after about 15 games into the season where as suggested, Defensive line up 2 notches and change fullbacks to zonal. Chramosta was my right striker and main target man oh and I tweaked the corners to make them a little more lethal as you can see by my dcs goal ratio. Oh and I had squad blend at start of season untill about 3 games in then went for defensive positioning in match prep on low and then blend again in january when i signed some more players for about 5 games. I retrained Bueno and Griffiths as wingers also and it seemed to work a treat having strikers on the wing.

2nrjxqc.jpg

2uqofm9.jpg

2dqlmjc.jpg

2drh2j8.jpg

Great work Dave.

Hi Guys, I'm having as much success as everybody else on this great tactic, managing Liverpool in season 3 at the moment, top of the league with 8 games to go, scored 95 goals, let in 31, won the league cup, just removed Barcelona from the Champions League 1st knockout stage, Torres loves this this tactic as the right sided striker, banged in 45 in all comps so far - so everything is going great. Have tweeked the tactic as suggested, def. line up 2 notches, full backs on zonal - my question is though, cos I can't get my head around it, when you move the full backs to zonal, they are still on tight marking - is there such a thing as tight zonal marking? should we untick the "tight" instruction as well? If not, when the team is blended, doesn't the tight instruction contradict the def. positioning match preperation? What have you guys done - left it as it is?

Hi Guys, I'm having as much success as everybody else on this great tactic, managing Liverpool in season 3 at the moment, top of the league with 8 games to go, scored 95 goals, let in 31, won the league cup, just removed Barcelona from the Champions League 1st knockout stage, Torres loves this this tactic as the right sided striker, banged in 45 in all comps so far - so everything is going great. Have tweeked the tactic as suggested, def. line up 2 notches, full backs on zonal - my question is though, cos I can't get my head around it, when you move the full backs to zonal, they are still on tight marking - is there such a thing as tight zonal marking? should we untick the "tight" instruction as well? If not, when the team is blended, doesn't the tight instruction contradict the def. positioning match preperation? What have you guys done - left it as it is?

I suggest that you leave tight marking on - Thats the best way to go, If you have a look at Patch Prep and all the areas are Fluid put the focus on Defensive Positioning - This will help even better to get an understanding of each other.

Zonal marking means he will mark anyone in his zone so if someone goes into his zone he will lock onto him tight i guess.

!!! can some1 upload the tactic with the changes plz???? !!!

Mate all they are is FB's zonal marking, and Dline two notches up

IMO, these tweaks make no difference, and im conceding at least 2 goals a game, and im Liverpool 3rd season, with one of the best defences in the world.

Mate all they are is FB's zonal marking, and Dline two notches up

IMO, these tweaks make no difference, and im conceding at least 2 goals a game, and im Liverpool 3rd season, with one of the best defences in the world.

I find the tweaks make you score more, I conceded a fair few in my first season with Derby but look at the goals scored!!!

2nrjxqc.jpg

maybe ive woke up grumpy but this tactic off daves has the 'we will outscore you' mentality!!!!!

if you conced 1,2 and game and score 3,4 happy days!!!!

if you want 0.0s and 1.0 wins, dont use this tactic

as for match prep, team talks, they do effect things, if you dont think they do, thats fine. they help me!!!

ive conceded 39 in 38 games with man u. but scored 133.

my defence is good but cud be better, rafael, fabio, phil jones and a 33 year old vidic

maybe ive woke up grumpy but this tactic off daves has the 'we will outscore you' mentality!!!!!

if you conced 1,2 and game and score 3,4 happy days!!!!

if you want 0.0s and 1.0 wins, dont use this tactic

as for match prep, team talks, they do effect things, if you dont think they do, thats fine. they help me!!!

ive conceded 39 in 38 games with man u. but scored 133.

my defence is good but cud be better, rafael, fabio, phil jones and a 33 year old vidic

thats exactly what im talking about, u concede 1,2 a game with manu, now imagine how much u will concede if u play with wolves or a similar team

Dave,

Not too sure how to upload tactics. I have Pm you with my email. If you respond I will send you this tactic as an attachment...

I started playing this tactic when Mr H released it. Initial thoughts were that the defence sucks. Lots of goals conceded. So I started to tinker with the marking, D line, closing down and several other settings. Eventually I made it a 442 by pulling back the advanced wingers.

First 11 games:

Histon Friendly Away 9-0

Great Wakering Friendly Away 9-0

Hampton & Richmond Friendly Away 7-0

Frontale Friendly Away 6-0

Man Utd Community Shield Neutral 4-0

Man Utd PRM Away 4-1

Wolves PRM Home 3-0

Sunderland PRM Away 6-0

Blackburn PRM Home 3-0

AJ Auxerre Champions Cup Away 4-0

Fulham PRM Away 5-1

Playing as Chelsea. No transfers - original squad. AM gives opposition instructions and does match prep training. Not needed to tweak anything. Will continue testing a full season and then try a smaller club.

99% of this tactic is Mr Hough's. I managed to tighten up the defence, increase CCC, increase shots on target and keep more posession when compared to my first few games with the original tactic.

Archived