Knap FM11 Tactics

Knap just downloaded your tactic to take a look at your setup.

im playing as spurs in 3rd season, but defence is still a bit too leaky for my liking.

i see you have all players set to man marking apart from wingers and 1 striker.

is man marking the way to go?

could you explain what happens with zonal and man marking in this ME?

iv always gone zonal, but then used default on the wizard so only cb's and cm were man marking...i would appreciate your take on marking please?

How did you download it? When I tried the links in the 1st post it didn't work (all say 0.0MB).

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have started to use the 4222 Spurs tactic which I have modified slightly and had some amazing results. I will post more details later but after 6 games I have scored 29 goals and conceded 6. 3 of those in a game were I played my second string and my keeper got sent off so I had a CB in goal. Cheers

I'm using the defensive Tottenham tactic but it seems very leaky in defense with my fullbacks never seeming to play well.

Any advice on what types of fullbacks I should be using? At the moment I'm using fairly strong defensive fullbacks but they aren't the quickest.

I'm using the defensive Tottenham tactic but it seems very leaky in defense with my fullbacks never seeming to play well.

Any advice on what types of fullbacks I should be using? At the moment I'm using fairly strong defensive fullbacks but they aren't the quickest.

Anybody?

Some of my results.

5-3 win (A)

4-1 win (H)

5-1 win (A)

5-2 win (A)

I'm using the defensive tottenham tactic and some of those results seem pretty erratic for a defensive set up, not to mention conceding 7 goals in 4 games. Some of the defensive decisions from individual players is shocking like not closing down when they are supposed too and the fact that some forward players try to lay the ball off in some ridiculous areas when they should be shooting, or headering at goal.

In short, the 11.1.1 match engine seems to need a fair amount of work and all tacticians will struggle (are struggling) to get any sense out of it. Roll on the next patch.

Edit - It's still a good tactic which will bring you success but in an unrealistic manner with extremely annoying decisions from players, because of the match engine.

In short, the 11.1.1 match engine seems to need a fair amount of work and all tacticians will struggle (are struggling) to get any sense out of it. Roll on the next patch.

Today I decided to give up trying to get a good set-up together. For the first time since FM08 I can't get what I want. So, I used Knap back then and I'll try him again now. Like you say, roll on the next patch - although I'm that fed up I might wait until 11.3 before trying again.

Hi Knap,

Hows things going with your tactics? I have sort of given up playing FM right now, I find that no matter what I do, or what tactic I use, I seem to constantly conceed goals! I'm hoping the new patch sorts out a few bugs, but still looking forward to your next tactical incarnation :) There is a guy over on the sortitoutsi forums that has taken your base tactic and tweaked it, and that has to be the best tactic I have used so far, here is the link if you want a look:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/48330-docdaddys-aggressive-4-2-2-2/

Steve

Hi knap

I'm actually managing Woking at the moment! I'm using the Tottenham tactic but not getting consistent results at all sadly which surprised me given how succesful your tactics have been for me in the past.

I took over the team when they were 17th in the league. Can you think of any reason why it wouldn't be working? I'm leaving teamtalks and press cons to Ass Man.

Cheers

Seb

There are probably many reasons why the game makes life difficult. The key tends to be players and Terry Dixon an ex Spurs player was on a free, which helped with Woking results.

I can give you a few player suggestions but this may not be appropriate if a challenge game. A trick which may work with low morale, is to suggest a rest for a player and although you still play the player the morale will be better.

Been using ur spurs def tactics... was going well the during early game for around 10+ unbeaten... but suddenly my striker unable to score thefore the result is either draw or lose with a rare win in the middle

i leave teamtalk to assis manager

i believe assis manager mentality will affect the player reaction towards the game... for me my assistant manager is atking minded

any idea?

Used Spurs first of all for Hearts. Started great, though the scorelines were quite high, 4-2 3-3 etc. But at least the points were coming better than before. That was from January to March. Then in April and May we started getting humped.

So for the new season I dropped the defensive line to around 25%. This was the change with the most impact although I also reduced the hard tackling and changed the set-pieces - I prefer mixed instructions for set-pieces as I feel it's not exploiting any weakness in the ME. Despite my defenders being of a decent standard, they were being exposed too frequently before and the deep DL made the tactic much more stable. The only problem now was drawing games where I thought I should be winning.

Until Christmas I was using the Chelsea tactic simply to change during games if I needed to be more attacking. Because of the many draws I decided to start using the Chelsea one all the time - once I'd made the same changes as I did to the Spurs one. I'm now in March and things have improved again and results have been better again.

So if you choose to try this tactic you should obviously first try it as uploaded. But if you're experiencing bad results or high scorelines, try reducing the defensive line to 25%.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the release Knap.

Crewe

My Laptop is a bit slow running Heath's Telford game but I quickly set up my own Telford game with just a few Free players. The Telford result is first game at this level with this tactic.

i must admit i cheated with west ham, took away debt and gave myself money, used your 442spurs to start a game and when needed to attack changed to the chel4222, even tho i cheated i only bought 3 players, suarez,bilytidinov and annan, used the rest of the original squad, i was predicted 15th and into dec i was top a few points clear, i ended up winning the league, got into europe, qualified for the second round, with my short attention span i soon got bored, using these two tactics was amazing, i dont care about clean sheets, i would say you have made the best winger tactics so far, thank you

Knap

Just downloaded your new tactic, and here is my first result with my Palermo side:

palermovcesenasplitview.jpg

As you can see I completely dominated the game, with Cesena only managing 1 shot on target, with the rest all being long shots!

I know its only one game, but its the first time I've seen my Palermo play that great! Loving it so far :)

Steve

yasar

The tactics give details of formation and an overview of a seasons results with the test team. Usually the higher pts the better tactic. I also test at a lower League level just to check the tactic works with players of less ability.

Archived