Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Im new to this software and am very impressed by it. Im after some help though. I have massively cocked up in my game and dont have enough home grown players for european competitions. I have a 20 year old that will be home grown in 6 months but want to set him as home grown now. is this possible and if so can anyone point me in the right direction of how i go about doing it.

i dont really want to start a new game as i cocked up and am 6 seasons in on my current game.

Thanks

Hi, Im new to this software and am very impressed by it. Im after some help though. I have massively cocked up in my game and dont have enough home grown players for european competitions. I have a 20 year old that will be home grown in 6 months but want to set him as home grown now. is this possible and if so can anyone point me in the right direction of how i go about doing it.

i dont really want to start a new game as i cocked up and am 6 seasons in on my current game.

Thanks

Good question and can i add...... is there a way to register a swapped player? i cheated my ass off and swapped a gay defender for vidic but it turned out he wasn't registered so couldn't play but the gay fella was playing (quite well actually) for united.

Thanks

Unfortunately the data needed to make someone homegrown is not yet available. I ran some tests changing things like: how many days a player was in England, with the club, etc. but nothing changed his homegrown status.

The easiest thing for Euro competitions though (which has nothing to do with the editor) is just stick 4 youth players on the registered squad. You should have a bunch in your U-18 squad.

.. is there a way to register a swapped player?

I don't think LB's found the registration variables yet, but as you know she seems to dig things up all the time.

Unfortunately the data needed to make someone homegrown is not yet available. I ran some tests changing things like: how many days a player was in England, with the club, etc. but nothing changed his homegrown status.

The easiest thing for Euro competitions though (which has nothing to do with the editor) is just stick 4 youth players on the registered squad. You should have a bunch in your U-18 squad.

I don't think LB's found the registration variables yet, but as you know she seems to dig things up all the time.

Cheers smgran it's not really a big issue as cheating that hard was a one off ;)

thanks for your responses guys. it appears that on my game it has let me register 7 instead of 8 players trained in england. a bit odd as when i select the 8th man to be an under 21 player it says it cant do it, if i unselect him it lets me use 7 only. odd but seems to work so solved my problem

smgran did you manage to sort out the morale on the team heal?

Yep, that's fixed for the next release. And I want to get the next release out either today or tomorrow since I've made some major fixes on the position/role thing. Plus I'd like to see if we can fix that sorting issue, any sorting (except a filter by name) messes up the array so when you click something you don't get the player's data that you should be seeing. I just need to check with LB first because I never posted a release before, and second because I need some help on the sorting bug.

Apologies if anyone's raised this before, but whenever I double-click on a player it always opens up a completely different player altogether. Is this a known issue?

if sorted? yep - should be fixed for next release (0.9.4.1) out soon

Yep, that's fixed for the next release. And I want to get the next release out either today or tomorrow since I've made some major fixes on the position/role thing. Plus I'd like to see if we can fix that sorting issue, any sorting (except a filter by name) messes up the array so when you click something you don't get the player's data that you should be seeing. I just need to check with LB first because I never posted a release before, and second because I need some help on the sorting bug.

superb! thanks

I've just posted a hot fix (version 0.9.4.1) which addresses a number of issues listed below.

Project Home Download Link

Please note: This version will NOT auto update (if you have that feature turned on). I told Littleblue I'd rather have the official releases come just from her. There's some private key stuff that needs to be included in the release in order for auto update to work. So if you wish to use this "hot fix" release you must manually download and install it (install being just copy it to your Application folder or where ever you keep your FM11SX application file).

Version 0.9.4.1 fixes:

Heal Team now sets morale to "Suburb"

Fixed bug where sorting a view and selecting a player would show incorrect player

New tab view on Player Preview Panel (in scout) to show all ratings for Position/Role rating system

Fixed minor bug where all players showed Preferred Foot as "Both"

Fixed various anomalies in Position/Role rating system

Is there a reason why many attributes in FM11SX are a point or two off from what they should be?

For example, if I look at a player's attributes in the FM Editor and record them, many of them are a point or two different when I view them through FM11SX. But if I use Genie and open the exact same file, the attributes match what they are in the FM Editor. This is a consistent finding on players from numerous databases.

Why would they be different in FMSX? Many features of the program are great, but when the raw data seems inaccurate, I hesitate to use it...

Thanks in advance for any input/explanation...

hmm... well stats in the editor do regularly change even at the start compared to in-game. Have you ever seen a difference actually in-game? I have tried 11 different save files now at various states and lengths, different teams and clubs and positions and all of the stats have matched up exactly in-game.

Can you confirm that the irregularities are compared to stats in-game and NOT in the FM editor? The FM editor stats are irrelevant as far as FMSX is concerned

Is there a reason why many attributes in FM11SX are a point or two off from what they should be?

For example, if I look at a player's attributes in the FM Editor and record them, many of them are a point or two different when I view them through FM11SX. But if I use Genie and open the exact same file, the attributes match what they are in the FM Editor. This is a consistent finding on players from numerous databases.

Why would they be different in FMSX? Many features of the program are great, but when the raw data seems inaccurate, I hesitate to use it...

Thanks in advance for any input/explanation...

I would hazard a guess that this is just rounding errors. Nearly all attributes are based on a 1-100 scale and within FMSX (and for that matter Genie and the game itself) the ratings are adjusted to a 1-20 scale. You can see how the adjustments are made in FMSX in the code, which is...the attribute is multiplied by .2 and then set as an integer (for rounding). Since Genie isn't open source, I can't say how they do it. And of course no one knows how the game handles it either.

Wanted to touch on the topic of what happens when the 11.3 patch comes out.

First, let me point out that even with the plethora of highly paid engineers working on it, the 11.3 patch from SI itself is late.

Now this may or may not mean that LB will have to grab her Sherlock Holmes deerstalker hat and calabash pipe to unearth how those changes impact a game file. I often worry when I hear that a patch is being delayed. So, I would like to caution everyone that the process to make FM11SX compatible with 11.3 games (once the patch is released) may take some time.

Having worked at Apple and Sun I'm always hesitant to upgrade my software unless I really need to, but that's my personal paranoia having had to work with engineers for so many years, filthy buggers. So I'll be sticking with 11.2 for awhile. But I know if you have the game via Steam you don't get the option of determining when you upgrade.

Regardless, getting FM11SX compatible with 11.3 patch will be a priority, but please try to be patient.

But I know if you have the game via Steam you don't get the option of determining when you upgrade.

I have the steam version and all you have to do it set it to NOT automatically update the game and you can stay on 11.2.

That's what I did for 11.1 until FMSX was compatible.

Both for PC and Mac versions.

Is this 0.9.4.1 not support for 32bit Mac? I open with my old MacBook and it said "not support for this type of Mac"

Not really. That was my mistake. I'll ask LB do a real release which will also get it to auto-update and all the other things she does for releases.

um, fm11sx is really slow and takes forever to load when i click on something but its only been like this since i started using 9.4, has this happened to anyone else or is it just my computer not understanding the new version?

um, fm11sx is really slow and takes forever to load when i click on something but its only been like this since i started using 9.4, has this happened to anyone else or is it just my computer not understanding the new version?

It shouldn't be that much slower than before. There is a lot of new stuff in 0.9.4 compared to older versions but once your game file is loaded into memory it shouldn't impact selecting a player or club, etc.

Now, FM11SX takes up a lot of memory (just about the same as Football Manager itself). And so if you are running other programs or don't have much memory that could be the issue.

You can see how much memory FM11SX is taking up by using Activity Monitor (it's in your Utilities folder). Launch it and then select the System Memory tab, that will show you how much memory your computer has as well as all the applications and processes (some of course are system processes) that are using memory.

For comparison, I just looked at while running both Football Manager and FM11SX I see that FM is using about 700MB of real mem and 650MB of virtual, and FM11SX is using 630MB real/630MB virtual. I have 4GB of RAM so those two alone are taking up almost 1/3 of my memory.

Can anyone help me out a little please? It's just it still freezes when loading and I did a run on the console and it says it's working fine, but the loading bar has frozen up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or what? thanks anyway.

got it and your game file loaded fine for me.

All I can suggest is at it is such a big game (>250mb with over 240,000 people entities and >12,000 clubs) you should wait a little longer for it to load?

As I say, the game loads completely for me and I can use the scout/editor as normal....

If you leave it loading a while does the progress bar move any more?

How long will it take to update?

As long as it takes. She has to load the new patch, to see what's different, to see what should be changed, to change it, to test it.

Not that I know anything about computer programming but GenieScout still works with 11.3. So hopefully that means there are not too many big changes.

Its a good sign! They might have more error checking than FM11SX, but GS probably isn't fully accurate since the 11.3 update.

Sorry I don't want to be ignorant, I am using fmrte I didn't even aware Fm11sx exist and I found that now.I would like to test it and I have seen some screenshots that are cool :p

but because there is not a download link now (due to recent patch update) may I ask what the difference between Fm11sx and fmrte? Is there something I can do with Fm11sx that I cannot do with fmrte?

Also I would like to know if the program is portable or it need to be installed.Because in my work I don't have administrative rights to the computer I am working and it would be cool to use this on my free time as portable :p

It does now and has done for a while now. :)

Still very much in its infancy though.

That's got to be the understatement of the year.

The big differences between the two is FMRTE requires the game to be running (at least the full working Windows version did when I used it in the past) because it is a Real Time editor (hence the name). And clearly the Mac version of FMRTE is no where near a full working editor or scout. FM11SX is an in-game editor which means you can still edit the game but that it saves a new separate game file which you need to reload in Football Manager to use.

The big similarities between the two. Both can edit massive amounts of data from your game files. Both are beta software and can screw up your game files (so backup your original game file). As LB says, "With great power comes great responsibility"

FM11SX is more like a cross between FMRTE and Scout Genie, using best practices to give us Mac users of the game something really cool to use without having to worry about the mire of Windows.

NOTE: The most current version of FM11SX is not yet 11.3 capable.

That's got to be the understatement of the year.

The big differences between the two is FMRTE requires the game to be running (at least the full working Windows version did when I used it in the past) because it is a Real Time editor (hence the name). And clearly the Mac version of FMRTE is no where near a full working editor or scout. FM11SX is an in-game editor which means you can still edit the game but that it saves a new separate game file which you need to reload in Football Manager to use.

The big similarities between the two. Both can edit massive amounts of data from your game files. Both are beta software and can screw up your game files (so backup your original game file). As LB says, "With great power comes great responsibility"

FM11SX is more like a cross between FMRTE and Scout Genie, using best practices to give us Mac users of the game something really cool to use without having to worry about the mire of Windows.

NOTE: The most current version of FM11SX is not yet 11.3 capable.

I don't want to start an Unofficial editor war or anything ;)

I wasn't sure most Mac users where aware that it was out.

The good thing with both is that they can coexist in the FM world, like you say FMRTE is a real time editor and FM11SX is a save game editor. I was wondering weather any of you guys would like help it development by trying it out when a version for 11.3, when it comes out. Giving BraCa more support on the Mac side of things, I am sure he would appreciate it.

I don't want to start an Unofficial editor war or anything ;)

I wasn't sure most Mac users where aware that it was out.

The good thing with both is that they can coexist in the FM world, like you say FMRTE is a real time editor and FM11SX is a save game editor. I was wondering weather any of you guys would like help it development by trying it out when a version for 11.3, when it comes out. Giving BraCa more support on the Mac side of things, I am sure he would appreciate it.

No worries.

I wasn't commenting on FMRTE, just that the Mac version isn't even close to their Windows version. Which, by the way, I used for years and loved it. I just got tired of saving the game from my Mac version of FM and then fire it up on the Windows version, do editing, then save it again, copy over to the Mac and play (since I prefer playing the game on my Mac).

As far as interface goes, FMRTE is older and I think has worked a lot more of the kinks out than FM11SX has and so (IMO) has a cleaner feel to it. I can't say the same for Genie tho, I much prefer FM11SX's scout to Genie.

Archived