[FM11] Koflok's Goals Galore 2011

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Vidic is on the right central defender right? Yeah his head is massive during corners. :D

I believed I've setup an effective way to score on corners. Not a glitch like lurker but highly effective.

Rooney should do well cutting inside from the left rather than going wide on the right.

No need to bash him dude. Not that I'm defending or anything but why are people are so negative about people using 'big' teams.

I know it's easier and most likely they will get good results, but what I see is HOW GOOD the results are.

Achieving 70 goals and conceded 12 in 29 games is very nice. Using any rubbish tactic you wouldn't even score half of it.

Look around and you'll see people posting threads and still having trouble just winning with teams such as Real Madrid.

And he's not even boasting or anything, he's just giving a report on how he's doing - something which I'm expecting to get.

UNLIKE your post which is useless from all angle

Completely agree...i'm no master tactician and like thousands of people i've searched high and low since the game release for a stable tactic and you've brought that to United side...here's to more trophies for Sir Alex's side haha!!!

About 15 games into season, doing ok

Swapped to the 2 most recent tactics posted for the last 3 games and 3 games won.

2-0 Away to Chelsea

5-0 Home to Arsenal (they done the double 2 seasons in row)

8-3!! Home to Villa

Top scorer..... Johnny Evans lol

Made my AMR an Advanced Playmaker & Attacking, and swapping between C.Ronaldo and an awesome regen depending on the opposition

Rodrigo

jfg75d.jpg

Current 1st Team (Rocking them Brazilians!)

mw64x5.jpg

awesome tactic.. was using my own tactic with newcastle for the first and second season and got 8th and 7th respectively.. used yours in the third season, and we won treble!! EPL won on goal diff, won league cup for second yr in a row, and won fa cup.. my striker Lucas Barrios got 40 goals in 50 apps i think and the corner set up and free kick set up allowed steven taylor to get 27 goals.. sick for a def.. niwae, just thought i might share, if your inside forward is underperforming or injured and there's no more players for that position, put a striker in, put him up to just beside the deep lying forward and set him to poacher.. i think we thrashed ajax 5-0 with that.. =)

Went to Player Instructions and clicked the CF on default for all players and then Team Instructions to more Disciplined.

You have to make sure you're giving players some options though...If you player's skills are limited make sure you set the passing on at least 10 and reduce crossing and through balls if their crossing/passing skills are low. Basically with a CF on 3 or 4, the player will do exactly what you tell him to, so make sure he has options.

As i said, tactic worked will for me, won the Romanian League, 14 points clear with a team that was seeded with the 7th chance to the trophy.

About 15 games into season, doing ok

Swapped to the 2 most recent tactics posted for the last 3 games and 3 games won.

2-0 Away to Chelsea

5-0 Home to Arsenal (they done the double 2 seasons in row)

8-3!! Home to Villa

Top scorer..... Johnny Evans lol

Made my AMR an Advanced Playmaker & Attacking, and swapping between C.Ronaldo and an awesome regen depending on the opposition

Rodrigo

Good on that tweaking. Having someone like Ronaldo is good to have as ADvanced playmaker and swapping if the other winger is good as well

Great result. Found any problems or areas you would to improve?

awesome tactic.. was using my own tactic with newcastle for the first and second season and got 8th and 7th respectively.. used yours in the third season, and we won treble!! EPL won on goal diff, won league cup for second yr in a row, and won fa cup.. my striker Lucas Barrios got 40 goals in 50 apps i think and the corner set up and free kick set up allowed steven taylor to get 27 goals.. sick for a def.. niwae, just thought i might share, if your inside forward is underperforming or injured and there's no more players for that position, put a striker in, put him up to just beside the deep lying forward and set him to poacher.. i think we thrashed ajax 5-0 with that.. =)

Woah nice man! Yeah the corner is sick!

You're using the v3 I assume? Try the v3.1 and see how it's perform better..

The bolded area : Very true. But the passing need to flow well as there's the gap of midfielder and forward.

Went to Player Instructions and clicked the CF on default for all players and then Team Instructions to more Disciplined.

You have to make sure you're giving players some options though...If you player's skills are limited make sure you set the passing on at least 10 and reduce crossing and through balls if their crossing/passing skills are low. Basically with a CF on 3 or 4, the player will do exactly what you tell him to, so make sure he has options.

As i said, tactic worked will for me, won the Romanian League, 14 points clear with a team that was seeded with the 7th chance to the trophy.

Nice dude on the tweakings. Exactly what I was looking for when I recommend people to 'tweak the tactic accordingly to their team'. You don't expect a BSN wingback to do a decent through ball. Same goes to CF and stuff.

Nice result btw. Hope you can break to Europe and perform well there

Hi all, an update.

This tactic is now working for me Away, and the OI really helps, except that the opposition score the odd thunderbolt here and there :(

But I'm on an eight match unbeaten run here, and I'm 4th in the Championship. Not bad eh?

I play narrow, and it seems to work, but when my coaches tell me to play slightly wider, i raise it up a few notches to normal and it works okay.

I'm playing with Middlesbrough as well but I haven't used this tactic yet. I've just been listening to my coaches do it for me but I have been using the 4-4-2 formation. I win some and lose some, but I love McDonald for me so far. Boyd has been good but McDonald has been completely amazing. He's getting 1-2 goals per match now.

Good on that tweaking. Having someone like Ronaldo is good to have as ADvanced playmaker and swapping if the other winger is good as well

Great result. Found any problems or areas you would to improve?

So far the tactic seems to work well against the better teams.

After them 3 results i played Sunderland at Home 1-1, Bolton at home 3-2, Rangers away 0-1

hm..

I use default attacking settings when home or away, if no goals or opposition has mor chances then:

Change Strategy from Attacking to Standard

Retain Possession

Work Ball Into Box

Pass to feet

Try each one and check for feedback from assistant manager

AML, AMR, STR set to close down & hard tackling

So far the tactic seems to work well against the better teams.

After them 3 results i played Sunderland at Home 1-1, Bolton at home 3-2, Rangers away 0-1

hm..

Against easier team you easily expect to beat. Use overload and wide width

It should add the gun power to finish them off.

When you lead 1-0 or 2-0, go back to attacking/control

On the AWAY/UNDERDOG GAMES, HAVE YOUR AMR/AML PLAYERS MAN/SPECIFIC MARK OPPOSITION AMR/AML, MR/ML and reduce the closing down to your SC to 5 so he is always in position.

That way you increase the chances of getting the ball back soon after you lose it, and catch the opposition on attacking positions. works with reduced CF only.

On the AWAY/UNDERDOG GAMES, HAVE YOUR AMR/AML PLAYERS MAN/SPECIFIC MARK OPPOSITION AMR/AML, MR/ML and reduce the closing down to your SC to 5 so he is always in position.

That way you increase the chances of getting the ball back soon after you lose it, and catch the opposition on attacking positions. works with reduced CF only.

Oh so man marking wingers, and just to make sure. Lower closing down on SC = striker right?

Okay I'll test that settings out after I got home. Does lower closing down for striker for home works as well?

That way he's always ready to attack and focus just on it

Can this work with arsenal? Say with RVP up front?

I played 1st season with RvP up front, it worked. He scored like 20 league goals. In this season he is injured from the start...so now I play with Chamakh up front he does the job also. He scored like 10 goals in 15 league matches. I am at work now..so can't look into the exact figures. It doesn't depend on 1 goal scorer...that's an advantage imo.

My normal line-up:

GK: Adler (1st season Almunia, did the job)

DR: Sagna

DCR: Koscielny (started on bench, but now Koscielny is on fire...scores a lot from corners and free kicks!)

DCL: W.Samuel/Vermaelen

DL: Clichy

DM: Song

MCR: Nasri/Pastore

MCL: Cesc (Cesc performs better in CM attack role then as a playmaker, in my game!)

AMR: Walcott

AML: Arshavin

ST: RvP/Chamakh

I think I play(ed) them as Advanced forward yes. Will have to look when I am at home. Must say it's quitte hard finding out the best role for them.

But I am negotiating with Tevez atm :p. Then move RvP to winger position and Chamakh on bench.

So do you play RVP and Chamakh as an Advanced forward? I've found that they both play best as complete forwards.

Thanks Yasp0 for the help. What he said. It works well with Arsenal once your team got into it.

A lot of testers got positive results as Arsenal are flexible and like flowing football with goalscoring threat players from all sources of position - which is good and fits this tactic.

And for advanced forward and complete forward - it doesn't have any difference. I've tweaked the player instructions, therefore when you change the role; all the settings are the same.

Aaannndddiii and fellow Goals Galore follers,

Just had to share this result with you guys...still using my tweaked version of your tactic mentioned in post 346...After the consistancy it brought to my United performances I decided to give it a proper challenge and went to manager Sunderland who were lying 18th in the PL at the time...it brought remarkable results and easily escaped relegation...couldn't wait to start my second season in control at the staduim of light, but this result came in my second game which was away from home...

http://img574.imageshack.us/i/chelseavsunderlandinfor.png/

Thanks again mate.

Right, i am looking at trying this tactic can someone please put me in the right direction to the best tactic, rather than the latest released.

Also, a question about Match Preparation which is slightly off topic and could do with a thread really but my assistant is top notch stat wise (always make sure i get a good one for match preparation, backroom advice, reports on players, scouting opposition etc.) so if i leave him to do it will it bring the same/better outcome as the instructions given in the OP? Or are these simply imperative to work with this tactic and shall not work regardless?

Right, i am looking at trying this tactic can someone please put me in the right direction to the best tactic, rather than the latest released.

Also, a question about Match Preparation which is slightly off topic and could do with a thread really but my assistant is top notch stat wise (always make sure i get a good one for match preparation, backroom advice, reports on players, scouting opposition etc.) so if i leave him to do it will it bring the same/better outcome as the instructions given in the OP? Or are these simply imperative to work with this tactic and shall not work regardless?

Don't use your assistant to take care the match prep - especially during the beginning.

At the beginning you must make sure there is only 1 tactic in training and none in special area training - unless you've just bought a lot of player which in that case use team blend.

That way you can get the team to adapt to the tactic faster.

After that I recommend to stick at attacking movement / defending positioning depends on the next opponent. Or you can ask your assistant to do it.

Regarding the best there is, again, still none. The most stable though is v3.1. It has brought a lot of success.

v4 is getting there but still net works. That's why it's still in BETA

IF you are too lazy to test something that is not 100% will bring you success, just use v3.1

Strangely enough (at least for you) I have been using, at least I think, the v3.1 and most importantly leaving my assistant to do the match prep with no input from myself in that area. I took over Wolves... lost first game away at Chelsea but then beat Newcastle staggeringly 6-0 at home! Off the top of my head other results have been in no particular order... 2-1 West Brom (A), 3-0 Liverpool (H), 1-1 Tottenham (A), 4-2 Birmingham (A), 3-1 Blackpool (A)... I am sure I forgot another really good win in there - the only other bad moment was loosing to Bolton 3-0 but there was allot of domination from me. After 10 games I am currently sitting in at 6th – not bad!

Really impressed so far, hope it keeps up, will keep you informed.

I am suprised too that this tactic does not get the attention it deserves.

I first designed my own tactic, a similar 4-1-2-2-1 as this one is. Results where ok, but could be better, so I searched and found this one. So I tried this one...with awesome succes.

As SC Heerenveen, dutch club, prediction around 6 I won the Highest Dutch Division in the first season. IN the next season I reached to the quater finals of the CL (beating Bayern with 3-0 and 0-1, eliminating Lyon (who won the CL the previous year) and finally was stopped by Real Madrid (3-3 and 2-0). In the 3-3 home match, untill the 70th minute I was at 3-0.

Results very good, sometimes a bit vunerable in away matches, but I use standard mentality and put up some fast players for quick counters.

Strangely enough (at least for you) I have been using, at least I think, the v3.1 and most importantly leaving my assistant to do the match prep with no input from myself in that area. I took over Wolves... lost first game away at Chelsea but then beat Newcastle staggeringly 6-0 at home! Off the top of my head other results have been in no particular order... 2-1 West Brom (A), 3-0 Liverpool (H), 1-1 Tottenham (A), 4-2 Birmingham (A), 3-1 Blackpool (A)... I am sure I forgot another really good win in there - the only other bad moment was loosing to Bolton 3-0 but there was allot of domination from me. After 10 games I am currently sitting in at 6th – not bad!

Really impressed so far, hope it keeps up, will keep you informed.

Oh wow.. well if you got a decent ass. man I reckon he can do the job, because probably he will do what he thinks is necessary for the next match. But then again very nice results - even in away matches. Wow.

Yeah you can't always win - there's always one of those days where you dominated but the opponent scores with 1 shot on goal. (Barca vs Hercules? :D)

THanks for the report man. Looking forward for further update. Cheers

I am suprised too that this tactic does not get the attention it deserves.

I first designed my own tactic, a similar 4-1-2-2-1 as this one is. Results where ok, but could be better, so I searched and found this one. So I tried this one...with awesome succes.

As SC Heerenveen, dutch club, prediction around 6 I won the Highest Dutch Division in the first season. IN the next season I reached to the quater finals of the CL (beating Bayern with 3-0 and 0-1, eliminating Lyon (who won the CL the previous year) and finally was stopped by Real Madrid (3-3 and 2-0). In the 3-3 home match, untill the 70th minute I was at 3-0.

Results very good, sometimes a bit vunerable in away matches, but I use standard mentality and put up some fast players for quick counters.

Well probably since I'm pretty much not that active here.. I bet if it has 'Mr Hough' on its name it will some gain some attention. lol

Oh wow nice results. Yeah away can be better especially if you play on attack. Playing standard with counter ticked on is the most effective way so far.

Thanks for the report man :)

Cheers

ive just started using this tactic after a faltering start to the season with palace,

5 games, 2 away wins, 1 away draw, and 2 home defeats

despite the defeats at home i played well and the team is only just getting used to the formation,

ive been using version 3 away for all games

Archived