[FM11] Koflok's Goals Galore 2011

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. What Bahumat said. Your ass. man is handling it therefore it changes.

How's the tactic doing tho btw? ..

Thanks, that was the problem. I am not using your original tactic. I use some of your attack settings to my own 451.

Thanks, that was the problem. I am not using your original tactic. I use some of your attack settings to my own 451.

ah bummer. thought you visited here and use this tactic turns out just to ask around.

__

Anyhoo

added this bit

Opposition Instructions credit to mara.sustai @FM-Base. (with Bayern conceded 1 per 5 games)

- Tight Marking & Closing Down : Always to

Wingers (LM, RM, AML, AMR) and Attacking Midfielders (AMC)

- Show onto foot

to Inverted wingers - put to the 'wrong' foot. (e.g. Messi cut inside from the right using left foot - show hin onto the right foot)

to players who have 'right only' or 'left-only' preferred foot - put to weaker foot..

Better defense IMO

So far so good for the lower division Boreham Wood. Decided to try to build a team that would work well with this system, but the finances were tough at a lower level. Brought in a couple of defenders a anchor man a midfielder and a striker that fit the system, but could not purchase any wing play. We are predicted 21st, with the additions I brought in I believe my talent level right now is about mid-table. These are regular season matches but was able to draw 2-2 with Watford preseason as well

First match

Weston-super-Mare 0-1 Boreham Wood

We played ok for not having much experience with the new system. Defense was VERY tight all game long.

Boreham Wood 0-1 Bromley

One of the better division teams but we played very well considering one of my defenders was sent off 43 seconds into the match. We created a few chances, but in the end my 10 man squad was to little against a better opponent.

Boreham Wood 4-1 Thurrock

Completely dominate, and if not for a amazing midfield cross to the head we would have had the shutout here. Right side midfielder managed a hattrick as well 2 off of rebounds the other off of a cross from my striker

Braintree 2-0 Boreham Wood

We were on short rest and all but one of my new players was injured or fatigued for this match. This match still was fairly even despite losing by two.

Staines 0-3 Boreham Wood

First match of my striker who actually fits this system. He was injured first preseason match, now he is on the pitch and puts two in the back of the net as well as setting up the third goal.

So far so good for the lower division Boreham Wood. Decided to try to build a team that would work well with this system, but the finances were tough at a lower level. Brought in a couple of defenders a anchor man a midfielder and a striker that fit the system, but could not purchase any wing play. We are predicted 21st, with the additions I brought in I believe my talent level right now is about mid-table. These are regular season matches but was able to draw 2-2 with Watford preseason as well

First match

Weston-super-Mare 0-1 Boreham Wood

We played ok for not having much experience with the new system. Defense was VERY tight all game long.

Boreham Wood 0-1 Bromley

One of the better division teams but we played very well considering one of my defenders was sent off 43 seconds into the match. We created a few chances, but in the end my 10 man squad was to little against a better opponent.

Boreham Wood 4-1 Thurrock

Completely dominate, and if not for a amazing midfield cross to the head we would have had the shutout here. Right side midfielder managed a hattrick as well 2 off of rebounds the other off of a cross from my striker

Braintree 2-0 Boreham Wood

We were on short rest and all but one of my new players was injured or fatigued for this match. This match still was fairly even despite losing by two.

Staines 0-3 Boreham Wood

First match of my striker who actually fits this system. He was injured first preseason match, now he is on the pitch and puts two in the back of the net as well as setting up the third goal.

Thank you first of all for testing on lower side. Most of the testing have been done in either mid-table of top division teams or some lower-table teams from leagues outside the big 6 in Europe.

Despite the 2 loses, I reckon it's going well considering the quality of your players as well a the lack of true inside forwards.

How is the link up plays by the way? Does MCs provide assists up front?

And even with 'right-footed' does the wingers go to the box (although not as aggressively as cutting inside) to shoot or pass

or tend to run to the byline and cross?

Hopefully your striker will continue to be in form. Superb role in my game :)

Thank you first of all for testing on lower side. Most of the testing have been done in either mid-table of top division teams or some lower-table teams from leagues outside the big 6 in Europe.

Despite the 2 loses, I reckon it's going well considering the quality of your players as well a the lack of true inside forwards.

How is the link up plays by the way? Does MCs provide assists up front?

And even with 'right-footed' does the wingers go to the box (although not as aggressively as cutting inside) to shoot or pass

or tend to run to the byline and cross?

Hopefully your striker will continue to be in form. Superb role in my game :)

They do exactly what I expect from them. They pretty much stay outside looking for the cross unless they have a clear line to the goal (exactly what I want). My midfielders have not been executing very well so far, but that is mostly because of injuries and lack of quality depth. They do try to execute, but the defenses have been seeming to target the midfield, so they outlet to the win A LOT (which is fine by me). The thing I have been most impressed with is the anchor man, he spends a ton of time winning the ball and starting the attack, nothing more.

They do exactly what I expect from them. They pretty much stay outside looking for the cross unless they have a clear line to the goal (exactly what I want). My midfielders have not been executing very well so far, but that is mostly because of injuries and lack of quality depth. They do try to execute, but the defenses have been seeming to target the midfield, so they outlet to the win A LOT (which is fine by me). The thing I have been most impressed with is the anchor man, he spends a ton of time winning the ball and starting the attack, nothing more.

Oh okay thanks for the confirmation there. Just a little tip, if you have conservative winger, make him crossball on sometimes. THat way he won't hold the ball on the byline . 1 inside forwards and 1 winger will work as long as the winger is 'good' or you got a decent header up front.

Oh okay will work on the midfelder. Try making them more of a direct passing maybe? 2 notches to the right from middle for their passing style. But if you're find with them taking less risk and prefer to feed the ball to the wing than just stay the way it is.

Hahaha yeah that's basically what I want the anchorman to do. Win lots of ball and feet it the the central midf. No need to do some crazy stuff. Just get the job done effecitvely.

Cheers. Thanks on the feedback again man

For the first time I'm having some "trouble" with your tactic. Playing as Arsenal and I'm not getting the football I used to get with other team. But It's still the start of the season, so I need some time for my team get used to the tactics.

Hey, Andiiiiii. Thanks for sharing your tactic. I started a new game with West Bromwich Albion (Media prediction 19th place), after 15 matches I am currently at 11th place. The results are better than the quality of the team, thanks to your tactic.

What I'm curious about though, is how you managed the starting strategies with Hercules? Always going for "attack", "counter" or? This is the part that I am struggling with, how to balance my approach. Great tactic though, I could be in 7-8th place if I didnt get so many red cards and injuries as well.

For the first time I'm having some "trouble" with your tactic. Playing as Arsenal and I'm not getting the football I used to get with other team. But It's still the start of the season, so I need some time for my team get used to the tactics.

THe tactic basically is a slow starter. Needs couple of games into the season before it kicks of well.

Organising a lot of friendlies in the pre-season might be a good idea. As well as the match prep I recommended

Did you use any OI btw? It has just been updated and working awesome. Clean sheets for 7 games now

Hey, Andiiiiii. Thanks for sharing your tactic. I started a new game with West Bromwich Albion (Media prediction 19th place), after 15 matches I am currently at 11th place. The results are better than the quality of the team, thanks to your tactic.

What I'm curious about though, is how you managed the starting strategies with Hercules? Always going for "attack", "counter" or? This is the part that I am struggling with, how to balance my approach. Great tactic though, I could be in 7-8th place if I didnt get so many red cards and injuries as well.

Not bad for WBA. Can be better though. Does the player fits the tactic?

I always play with Attack.. all the time. even against Madrid or Barca. But then again it's back to your preference.

People tend to play on standard with counter attack ticked on during hard games. You might try that.

Do you have inside wingers btw? You need that instead of traditional wingers.

my Arsenal struggling to score goal on away game with this tactic. mostly away game win 1-0.....even when i use the attack setting....please help

need more info basically. you're like asking me to fix a car without telling me what's wrong with it.

some screenshots of match stats and player stats and probably your simple analysis would help. like why didn't its core. not enough chances, missing CCC< can't pass well or etc

Not bad for WBA. Can be better though. Does the player fits the tactic?

I always play with Attack.. all the time. even against Madrid or Barca. But then again it's back to your preference.

People tend to play on standard with counter attack ticked on during hard games. You might try that.

Do you have inside wingers btw? You need that instead of traditional wingers.

Thanks for your reply, mate. Yeah, i bought inside forwards. Not the best ones in the game, but decent one. Adam Hlousek is performing very well for me on the left wing as inside forward. Only cost me 1,8 million pounds as well. Have a couple of decent strikers as well, but trying to get Kadlec :) Thanks for your tip about setting strategy to standard with counter attack!

Looking forward to play more with your tactic.

Thanks for your reply, mate. Yeah, i bought inside forwards. Not the best ones in the game, but decent one. Adam Hlousek is performing very well for me on the left wing as inside forward. Only cost me 1,8 million pounds as well. Have a couple of decent strikers as well, but trying to get Kadlec :) Thanks for your tip about setting strategy to standard with counter attack!

Looking forward to play more with your tactic.

Nice you got inside forward. It's quite hard to find a decent IF who wants to play on a lower team. Good buy.

Go get Kadlec. His value will (i don't know the word) go up 8x in 2 or so years.

got the advanced settings right now for the update but need to work some overall team settings.

I need some inputs here guys

Just use v3 but change these stuffs.

Don't have to be all at once,

you can just change either one, 2 of them or all of them.

The objective is to see which combinations work best.

1. Width : default is on normal. Try playing wider or narrow.

Which one creates more chances?

2. Passing style : currently it's short on the back, mixed on the middle and wingers are on direct.

Try changing all to direct (do this manually - not just team instructions).

See also whether CCC increaes as well as the build up

3. Philosophy : now is on balanced. try very rigid.

see how the flow of the play. is it better or balanced is better?

when changing to very rigid, change your inside forwards role to advanced playmaker - attack

i need inputs ! seriously.

cheers

Ok a lil feedback after only 3 games as Man Utd (Season 3)

Game 1 v Nottm Forest (Old Trafford)

4-1

Conceded early goal due to counter attack, but stuck with it, made no subs and eventually won quite convincingly (also had 2 disallowed)

Game 2 v Wigan (Old Trafford)

2-1

Again conceded early goal (1min 12sec) and was lucky to get away with 2 due a late own goal from Wigan keeper.

Game 3 v Werder Bremen (Away)

4-1

Scored 4 goals in 10mins then Bremen changed tactic and never had another shot.

Also lowered tempo, and set narrow width which seemed to suit the players more, but 4-1 away is a good result, will keep this going.

So far so good, prior to this was running 4-4-2 Diamond, and had drawn 1-1 with Cardiff & Birmingham (both away).

Wigan was a bit close, but they were 4-5-1 park the bus style, was hard to break them down, even with 2 of the best players in the game on the wings :o

Usual team as follows :

GK - D De Gea

LB - P Evra

CB - R Ferdinand

CB - N Vidic

RB - W Brown

DM - O Hargreaves

MR - Jucilei

ML - Bernardo

AMR - C Ronaldo (Woop, 35mil)

AML - Rooney

SC - Hernandez

Okay. Try like 10-15 games or even more if you apply it half season before the results kicks in.

There's always in each games for me either Villa or Everton which has been my 'bogey' team, but it's no excuse to get so-so result.

Hopefully after some run it'll perform better. On what 'level' is the fluidity of the tactic? Check the match prep

Tried with Real Madrid. The Formation is relatively flawless at home beating teams 8-0 and so on. But on the away side, its kinda shaky occasionally. Letting in goals and usually winning by the odd goal. My Wingers tend to shoot themselves instead of cutting back to the striker or central midfielders that arrived late in the box. Any ways to correct them? Thanks!

Ok most on fluid now, hitting 4-5 goals per game, but conceding silly goals, maybe the defence is getting old and slow? :p

Having to swap to counter a lot rather than attacking, keep getting caught out, so having to get a sneaky goal back.

Nice. Well since it's attacking sometimes it does leave a gap at the back. But then again nothing major right?

The next release will have a tighter defense, better wingplays as well as more productive midfielders I supposed.

I won't do much with the front 3 as they already banging them all season

Tried with Real Madrid. The Formation is relatively flawless at home beating teams 8-0 and so on. But on the away side, its kinda shaky occasionally. Letting in goals and usually winning by the odd goal. My Wingers tend to shoot themselves instead of cutting back to the striker or central midfielders that arrived late in the box. Any ways to correct them? Thanks!

Yeah at home it's pawnage basically.

I'm so confused regarding ME's 'difficulty' of playing away games which are way way overrated. I mean it's hard but it's not that hard.

This causes instability in the tactics.

I can't say much right now other than play a little more control. Pitch sizes maybe affect this too.

Hmm try making them run with ball on sometimes?

Yeah at home it's pawnage basically.

I'm so confused regarding ME's 'difficulty' of playing away games which are way way overrated. I mean it's hard but it's not that hard.

This causes instability in the tactics.

I can't say much right now other than play a little more control. Pitch sizes maybe affect this too.

Hmm try making them run with ball on sometimes?

thanks will try that.

Any idea on adding another striker up front, i was thinking of a poacher to support the lone striker , would i have to remove the anchor man? or the attacking midfielder?

You can remove the anchor man but you have to make the left midfielder more defensive.

That would make a 4-2-2-2 formation like Hough's working right now - which people have tried using my tactic and successful in doing it.

OR Alternatively you can remove the attacking midfielder instead. It will give the team more stability since there's not much gap between the back and midfield.

You can remove the anchor man but you have to make the left midfielder more defensive.

That would make a 4-2-2-2 formation like Hough's working right now - which people have tried using my tactic and successful in doing it.

OR Alternatively you can remove the attacking midfielder instead. It will give the team more stability since there's not much gap between the back and midfield.

So there would only be a advanced playermaker in midfield?

Btw for my advanced playmaker, i;ve set him to not take long shots. But he still takes about 4-5 long shots each game and missing all of them. Any idea what causes this problem?

And for my wingers cutting inside would mean i would get them to dribble from the right/left wing right?

i played about 15 games with BVB dortmund on patch 11.1 had 13 games won 1 lost against Wolfsburg away and 1 draw against Bayern at home. Barrios scored 18goals in 15 games:thup:

Now i started a new game on patch 11.1.1 with Blackburn, played 5 games in premier league

blackburn1.jpg

blackburn2.jpg

blackburn3.jpg

Strong teams like Barca, Juve, Bayern are performing very good with the tactic but weak teams are struggling especially on away games and it's very difficult to find good wingers

keep up the good work cheers

i played about 15 games with BVB dortmund on patch 11.1 had 13 games won 1 lost against Wolfsburg away and 1 draw against Bayern at home. Barrios scored 18goals in 15 games:thup:

Now i started a new game on patch 11.1.1 with Blackburn, played 5 games in premier league

blackburn1.jpg

blackburn2.jpg

blackburn3.jpg

Strong teams like Barca, Juve, Bayern are performing very good with the tactic but weak teams are struggling especially on away games and it's very difficult to find good wingers

keep up the good work cheers

Cheers. Well actually it's harder to all teams generally to play away games. I mean especially this year SI seems to way way overrate the difficulty of playing away games.

For away may I suggest to play on control/standard for weaker teams and play abit more narrow.

And for wingers, I agree that it is hard to find someone who can play inside forwrd. But you can always try to retrain your wingers on the other flank. And, there are some actually bargain inside forwards in this game - although not that awesome but can get the job done.

As for your result. It's a decent start. Note that it's only 5 match into the season so the team might not be adapted with the tactic yet.

The home performance is swell. Away you can work with my recommended tweakings.

By the way, you pwned AV lol

Nice!

Cheers. Well actually it's harder to all teams generally to play away games. I mean especially this year SI seems to way way overrate the difficulty of playing away games.

For away may I suggest to play on control/standard for weaker teams and play abit more narrow.

And for wingers, I agree that it is hard to find someone who can play inside forwrd. But you can always try to retrain your wingers on the other flank. And, there are some actually bargain inside forwards in this game - although not that awesome but can get the job done.

As for your result. It's a decent start. Note that it's only 5 match into the season so the team might not be adapted with the tactic yet.

The home performance is swell. Away you can work with my recommended tweakings.

By the way, you pwned AV lol

Nice!

i'm gonna try playing away games on standard and retrain caffa on amr

i'll post more screens after 20 games

bad played away games. please make away tactic!

it's not something that this tactic only have, but so far all in general.

it forces you too tweak with it which i recommend to you

for now i won't release and away tactic, as a manager in game you should be able to do some tweaks on your own.

so far i'm recommending play on standard with narrow. and probably make the left midfilelder less attacking with advanced settings

Archived