[FM11] Koflok's Goals Galore 2011

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fullback issue will always be there for lower teams. Expecting barcelona to play well with only the two CBs and a DM defending while FB fly forward to help the attack is fine, expecting Crewe to do it is a bit insane. Perhaps a LLM version (v3) and a version for quality sides? I mean, it would allow for beautiful football

I remember that one, insane amount of goals. Personally I will be keeping with the 4-3-3 but 4-1-2-1-2 is still effective. I just like running with a 5 man midfield and 1 up front

Hahaha yeah those were the days where crossing to a target man from the byline after the wingers easily beating the fullbacks would only lead to a goal.

gain

Now that's the current ME is similar to that - although not as easy - I thought I would give it a try again,

few more observations from v3, some may have been mentioned

-Players sit too deep. Probably because the striker is instructed to drop deep and take players on but it just seems that there is little pressure applied and more counters than turning the screws

-full backs dont provide width (you did say you were working on this)

-wingers cutting in works wonders but because of the full back problem above, run to the goal line, pull back looking for the fullback option and then because no one is there, take on the defender. Not all teams will be able to do that, im lucky maxi and pacheco can beat them

My liverpool side is just sitting outside the top 4 in jan but gerrard out for ages doesnt help. However despite a few dodgy results, the teams play has actually been very good on v1 and v3

the run after switching from v1 to v3 has been very good in the league and surprisingly in the fa cup, a 5-0 demolition job of man united with me fielding a half strength team. Wins are coming and link up play has been nice at times, buying g rossi for the AMR has clearly helped though!

At the end of the season i might evaluate the style and see what changes i can make. Unless you beat me to it and release another version!

Cheers Sel. Yeah attacking fullbacks have been tweaked accordingly.

Making them to run with ball more often and run from deep often have been really working so far.

Yeah Rossi fits perfectly on the AMR since he is left footed and a creative striker as well. Good buy!

__

Okay looking forward for your changes recommended. I won't be release the version until next week or so, so you got time :p

Can you recommend a AML to do something similar? I have to use J.Cole for another season (spent all my money) but him and pacheco do cut inside so its not all bad. I will change the fb movements and maybe fiddle with the width/tempo/closing down or something, unsure on how to bring it about really but will see what happens

Joe COle is right footed right? So his settings so pretty much the same with the AMR.

Yeah do fiddle with the width and stuff. For tempo I will always play a quick game.

Kinda stuck on the right combination of width and passing style currently as well as d-line.

I will share what I'm working on to you probably when I'm onto something :)

He is right footed and he does set the pitch alight sometimes, its just his stats seem a bit low for what I'm after. Cant complain if he is exceeded all expections though!

FB's moved to support, previously they were on defense

Focused passing down flanks.

Thinking about playing a offside trap but dont want to up the d-line if you have already settled on a winner

Will play out the season, 10 league games, few fa cup and europa league to go, lets hope it works!

So far v3.3 has been the most stable.

I've been working on the full back settings and succees - which is a highlight of my tweaking so far.

Now I'm onto small tweaks for the midfiedler so that they can create more chances and not wasting time on long shots.

Other than the tempo, haven't find the winner for d-line and width combination as well as the passing style though. Although it seems like direct passing have result in better movement.

SO feel free to play around with the team settings. I encourage it in fact :D

Let me know if you find anything good.

Cheers Sel.

Would it perhaps be better to change full backs to attack? they havent made too much impact so far. The passing down the flanks gets more action to the AML/R but besides that it relies too much on the brilliance of the player imo.

Needs to be emphasize possession because the front 3 will run half the pitch, 1 in 3 games will have a goal from great build up play (about, not specific stat) while most are from the 3 attackers beating their opponent and they cant do that every game.

Going to focus passing on mixed and hope the support role of fullbacks has done something. Or would through the center get it to the playmaker more?

Thanks! Seems it has been working well with the update right now

How are you doing in Europe btw?

I've just tried but scores are amazing.. We are in eurocup and we played 4 games and we won 3.. everything is goog now.. I think I should buy suitable players.. then my team will be süperb..

Would it perhaps be better to change full backs to attack? they havent made too much impact so far. The passing down the flanks gets more action to the AML/R but besides that it relies too much on the brilliance of the player imo.

Needs to be emphasize possession because the front 3 will run half the pitch, 1 in 3 games will have a goal from great build up play (about, not specific stat) while most are from the 3 attackers beating their opponent and they cant do that every game.

Going to focus passing on mixed and hope the support role of fullbacks has done something. Or would through the center get it to the playmaker more?

Probably focusing on the flanks or middle is not a good idea. I like to keep it mixed so the play is not one dimensional.

Can you try to make the philosophy rigid? It seems to work in terms of making the players more compact so that they're able to build up better. But then again I like the space 'balance' philosophy give.

Fullbacks should not be attacking. What I'm doing right now is making them on support.

But change the run from deep into often and run with ball to sometimes.

He will sometimes cross from the deep and sometimes run to the byline

Need to emphasize the importance of pace and work rate for this to succeed though.

I've just tried but scores are amazing.. We are in eurocup and we played 4 games and we won 3.. everything is goog now.. I think I should buy suitable players.. then my team will be süperb..

Cheers thanks.

Yeah scoring is obviously the main objective of this tactic. Conceding very little is a plus.

Hopefully more people will be able to see that. :)

Hi. I think your tactic has potential to be great, and i have had some good matches with it with my team(Liverpool), but the thing I am struggelig a bit with is away matches. I use to change the starting strategy away, but it dosen't seem to work. Do you have any clue what to do?

(pardon my english)

Hi. I think your tactic has potential to be great, and i have had some good matches with it with my team(Liverpool), but the thing I am struggelig a bit with is away matches. I use to change the starting strategy away, but it dosen't seem to work. Do you have any clue what to do?

(pardon my english)

Hey thanks. Have you tried playing standard instead of attacking on away games?

People are having so much success on away games with that.

You should try it.

The only thing I've been noticing is the possession. My team always get less possession than the others. But I'm still winning matches!!!!

Yes, that along with more dangerous wide plays are two main points I'm working on.

Two easy tweakings that can be done is to have the mentality more closed together - or very rigid OR playing narrow

The problem is... when I do that. the CCC goes down from around 5-7 per game to 3-4ish. And that's not enough, for me at least .

Great tactic for me so far. It seems that this tactic creates chances and the strikers actually score them instead of just randomly passing the ball around. Good Job

Cheers thanks.

I'm pretty confidence with the strikers setting.

At one point Kadlec scores 23 on the league while others (the likes of Villa, Aguero, and CR) were like only 8-10 - and it's not even on January yet!

Gonna try this with my Barca team in 4'th season.. Ronaldo on the AML and Messi on the AMR. Babacar as striker (insane in season 4 and been topscorer of the league in all the seasons)

Yes Babacar is insane. He's like the perfect complete striker. Could be better with higher agility though.

But with team like yours. Man I hope it works out well. Honestly it's pressuring :D

This tactic is great,getting very nice results.

I like the corner taking shots,most of them are getting into the net,that's insane.

Are there going to be any more tweaking to this tactic to make it even more better ?

Thanks!

Yeah the corner thing just came to me after analyzing the corner routine during demo. Isn't hard to crack. It's simple but effective and not a glitch.

Currently no. I'm working on some stuff though.

I encourage you guys to tweak it and stuff. Who knows you might find something. I recommend to tweak the width as well as passing (manually on each player) to find better results - if possible.

If you got a good side make the fullback more attacking by having them run from deep ias well as defensively put them on hard tackling is a good idea as well

I'm still working on some things before releasing an update that's hopefully is better than the current one :)

Just finishing my first season(still with Barcelona), and gonna use your v3. Thinking in buying this kadlec guy. You guys all say that he is a monster. Villa was Top league goalscorer with 35 goals.

Cheers thanks.

Apply it since pre-season so that your team have more time to get in gel with the tactic during friendlies and stuff.

Yes Kadlec is a monster definitely. Villa can play well on the striker role too though

hmmm if possession is a problem then i might scrap this at the end of the season and build a new one from scratch using advanced so everything is tinkered with. Will see what happens this season and performances

Thanks!

Yeah the corner thing just came to me after analyzing the corner routine during demo. Isn't hard to crack. It's simple but effective and not a glitch.

Currently no. I'm working on some stuff though.

I encourage you guys to tweak it and stuff. Who knows you might find something. I recommend to tweak the width as well as passing (manually on each player) to find better results - if possible.

If you got a good side make the fullback more attacking by having them run from deep ias well as defensively put them on hard tackling is a good idea as well

I'm still working on some things before releasing an update that's hopefully is better than the current one :)

I can't say it's a glitch on the corner bug mate,it's just too good to be true hehe

Since I'm hell bad with tactics i won't touch anything and will play with your tactic.

I do hope you will release an another update and if it can be better,it's welcomed always!

Cheers mate.

could someone tell me how to post a screen shot of a result i just had? i beat Man Utd 5-0 at Parkhead with Celtic despite going down to 10 men after 2 minutes. im gobsmacked by the result. im tempted to stop playing because i will never top that!!! EVER!!

hmmm if possession is a problem then i might scrap this at the end of the season and build a new one from scratch using advanced so everything is tinkered with. Will see what happens this season and performances

Sure you can do what you like with it and do some tweakings on current one.

I'm pretty sure v3.3 is close to it - only a matter of some minor details before possession can go up.

But I would choose CCC over possession any day.

I can't say it's a glitch on the corner bug mate,it's just too good to be true hehe

Since I'm hell bad with tactics i won't touch anything and will play with your tactic.

I do hope you will release an another update and if it can be better,it's welcomed always!

Cheers mate.

Hahaha okay enjoy then. If you got anything you think is good or could be improve please do tell me

could someone tell me how to post a screen shot of a result i just had? i beat Man Utd 5-0 at Parkhead with Celtic despite going down to 10 men after 2 minutes. im gobsmacked by the result. im tempted to stop playing because i will never top that!!! EVER!!

1. Press Prt Scr button on your keyboard

2. Paste to paint (ctrl+v) - save

3. go to imageshack.us

4. Choose the file (from browse) and upload the file

5. Copy the forum links to here

__

Nice results btw... if it's not obvious enough Haha

Do you think it will be good if I play Cristiano Ronaldo the same way I play with Messi? With the same setting as advanced playmaker?

Of course. He's godly in AML.

Make him through ball on mixed too that way he dribbles more and shoot since he got good finishing as well

In fact, try puttim him as a striker instead of left winger.

His physical ability along with dribbling and finishing will tear up the defense.

Archived