FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Ohanzee - congrats on the first completion this year - i always had you pencilled in for being first... great progress. would be good to see you continue but understand if you stopped. would you stay in the challenge or go elsewhere??

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks rlipscombe. I doubt I'll continue the save right now at least. Maybe pick it up at a later date. I did start the transfer window though, and tried selling any player that was wanted. Got us up to a £32M bank balance, but still the board won't even discuss a stadium expansion. So I've really had enough for now.

Might stay in here though. Considering lots of things. Spain using only Spaniards or Italy using only Italians or something like that. Or maybe something totally different like South America or Asia. Or maybe Holland, which I'm a bit disappointed isn't in here this year. Or maybe something crazy like San Marino, but I think I'll wait until the updates are properly tested with that.

Good luck with that, I am attempting to break a mid-season form slump which has seen us go 7 games without a win, end our 27 game scoring streak, and end our 16 game unbeaten streak. We have also dropped back from 2nd, only 1pt off the lead to 5th, 10pts back and fighting to stay in the playoffs.

11 games to go. I'm sitting in 17th, just above the relegation zone, although there's a gap of 8 points between me and 17th placed Bologna. Survival is on the cards - in my remaining games, I have fixtures at home to 19th placed Livorno (won 1 drawn 7 of 17 games) and Brescia (winless, with 7 draws from 27 games). Those look promising, especially back-to-back, so if I can win one, I whould be able to carry the momentum into the second.

That's not why I'm posting though. I';m posting because of the game that increased my cushion to 8 points. My proudest moment as Voghera manager. On a cold and frozen day in the north of Italy, 2nd placed title contenders AC Milan visted Comunale "Giovanni Parisi" and in a game that ended with 10 men apiece - Tiboni was injured after I'd used all my subs and 22-year-old German regen Marvin Schiller was sent off for Milan - the giants of European football were slain! :D

Forza Voghera! :D

In my game, Brescia are a total yo-yo club. In the 5 seasons the game has been going (2010-2011 onwards) they've been relegated (19th in Serie A), promoted (2nd in Serie B), relegated (20th in Serie A), promoted (3rd in Serie B) and now relegated again, and they're almost certain to finish last again - from 31 games, they've yet to win and have managed only 7 draws. The fact that they're only 3 points behind Livorno (who managed to win a game) is a testament to how bad the bottom two have been, and are a major reason why I've got a very good chance of avoiding relegation.

hello guys, sorry not been around much! bet you're getting used to my fleeting visits! weekends are the only times I can really get on FM now :(

anyway we're halfway through my first season with Quimper now and have 22 points (6-4-9) from 19 games. we sit 15th which is 5 points above the bottom 4 relegation places. seems like we should be strong enough to survive and for once I have a good selection of strikers! its my wide players that need upgrading as I like the spine of the team. both fullbacks and wingers are not quite good enough. but i'll get to the end of the season and hopefully survival before I look to make some acquisitions.

haven't read the last page of the thread but judging by the comments I believe congrats are in order for ohanzee. well done on being the first completion! i'll have a read of your final report today :thup:

A.C. Voghera 2014/2015

17th in Italian Serie A (pred: 20th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph | Player Stats 1, 2

The League

We did a fantastic job to stay up, and it was fairly comfortable in the end. Survival was secured with three games to go when Bologna suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to AC Milan that meant they couldn't catch me while we were losing 2-0 to Lazio. Ultimately, the poor quality of the relegated teams was as much a contributor to our survival as our own talent. Brescia in particular were dire, managing to go the entire season without winning a game. For us, there were two particularly notable games, for different reasons. An impressive 1-0 victory over AC Milan was the highlight of our season. On the other end of the scale, our 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Inter was notable for two reasons - first, it was the game that clinched the title for them and second, it sent a new attendance record for Serie A, which is mildly pleasing. All in all, it wasn't a great season, but it was what it needed to be, and hopefully we can build on this.

The Cups (Italian Cup)

Again, only one cup competition to speak of, and again we reached the 1st round of the Italian Cup before being knocked out by Roma with a soul-dtestroying goal in the 89th minute. There's not really much else to say.

The Players

It was a season to forget for most players. Of all of them, new signing Odibe was our top performer. He had the second highest average rating in the squad, behind Nicolas Guerrero (who played only three games) and was the only player other than Guerrero to average over 7. He won more man of the match awards than anyone else in my squad, and his 4 goals were a useful contribution for a centre back. At the other end of the field, Cristian Tiboni provided most of our goals, with 15 in all competitions. He did a decent job considering the difficult circumstances.

The Finances

We made a pretty decent profit last season, more than I expected us to make. With the new stadium coming in, the financial position of the club is looking pretty good.

The Future

Well, after a season in which we sold out all bar one home game in the league (which ironically happened to be our first league win of the season) with an average attendence of just 17 short of capacity, we'll be moving into our new stadium for next season, which should boost our income. In addition, we've completed the youth academy, which should provide us with better quality youth players to develop. We've also commenced building training facility and youth training facility upgrades, which should be completed by the end of October and will conclude a significant improvement of the club's infrastructure. With the club's infrastructure improved, hopefully an upgrade of the playing staff can follow. I think next season we'll have to aim to survive again, and then start pressing on towards finishing the challenge.

[b][u][color="red"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	Notes[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2011-2012/SerieC2ATable.png]1st[/url]	Champions, Serie C Cup winners, Serie C2 Super Cup winners
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2012-2013/ItalianSerieC1A.png]1st[/url]	Champions, Serie C Cup Winners, Serie C1 Super Cup runners-up
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2013-2014/SerieB.png]2nd[/url]	Promoted
[b]14/15[/b]	A	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2014-2015/SerieA.png]17th[/url]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="red"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2012-2013/ItalianSerieC1A.png]12/13[/url]

[b]Italian Serie C2/A[/b] - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2011-2012/SerieC2ATable.png]11/12[/url]

[b]Italian Serie C Cup[/b] - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2011-2012/SerieCCup.png]11/12[/url], [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2012-2013/ItalianSerieCCup.png]12/13[/url]

[b]Italian Serie C2 Super Cup[/b] - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2011-2012/SerieC2SuperCup.png]11/12[/url]

[b][u][color=purple]MANAGER AWARDS[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie B Manager of the Year - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2013-2014/SerieBManageroftheYear.png]2013/2014[/url][/b]

[b]Italian Serie C1/A Manager of the Year - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2012-2013/SerieC1AManageroftheYear.png]2012/2013[/url][/b]

[b]Italian Serie C2/A Manager of the Year - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/AC%20Voghera/2011-2012/SerieC2AManageroftheYEar.png]2011/2012[/url][/b]

Good job staying up DizzyIzzyB13! New stadium, and upgraded facilities to. Good times :) Good luck for next season.

Nice to see you back iacovone.

On the topic of job offers. I actually never had a single offer for a International job in 15 seasons.

... what tends to make me carry on is finishing careers of great players. Especially if they've come through the youth set up.

Yea, I don't really have any though. Or well I have a few youngsters that's joined in later years, but I know I'll lose them by the time they are 23-24 cause then they will ask for 50-60k wages which I could probably offer, but can't really live with. And I already had a couple of players not want to join us cause the training facilities aren't good enough. They actually said that's the reason.

So I'll probably start over in Italy, cause I've never really done a proper game in Italy. Think I'll leave the all-Italian idea though, and rather focus on young players and building facilities. Maybe give myself a "hidden rule" of not signing any player over 23 years of age or something.

I have a question though. When making a save in Italy. I know most of you probably include all players based in Italy. But doing so adds 18,000 players, all of which are probably horrible quality? And it turns my game performance from 5 star to 3,5 star. So what I'm wondering is if you think it's worth those extra 18,000 players? Cause it'll already be 23,000 without it. In Scotland I had just 13,000 player, so even 23k sounds like a lot to me. Do any of you notice any slow performance? *ponders on*

Congrats on the survival DizzyIzzyand good luck for the new season :thup:

Had a really good start so far-3rd in the league after 4 games and made the group stages in the Euro Cup. Stephen Elliott has been on fire and is sitting on 15 goals in 10 games

Wow! I'm approaching half way through this season. I'm still not competing for the playoffs! However, I am in 13th, so midtable. I tend to finish seasons well, if I can again I might get back into touching distance. I just need to get through this injury crisis first.

Crispypaul - KSV Holstein Kiel - Season 2011/12 - German Third Division

We were predicted to finish in the lower half of the table, however I went down the Portsmouth route in terms of buying players and we eventually topped the table. However, our finances are awful.

The key players were:

Papa Waigo was a danger on the left wing, and also the Third Division player of the year.

Juho Makela was our top scorer and also in the division.

Marc Heider also had good shooting boots.

Oliver Stang was a rock at the back.

Steve McLaren's Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga. Real Madrid beat Man City 5-1 in the European Cup final, and Arsenal beat Benfica to pick up the UEFA Cup.

Aim for next season is to stay up and also attempt to balance the finances.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12       3rd Division                 1st                       Champions, Promoted

Brettneys Russian Adventure Season 7 - 2017!

ChitaLogo.png

I managed to get angry waay too much this season because we suffered some sort of draw syndrome but in the end all came good and we managed another 4th placed finish helped in part with CSKA's rapid descent down the table towards the end of the season.

Transfers

Confidence - Table - Graph

Squad Stats;

A typical Chita Lineup (4-1-2-2-1)

GK, Nigmatullin

RB, Korobov

CB, Proshyn

CB, Janousek

LB, Marquinhos

DMC, Bobrovskiy

CM, Tupazinho

CM, Golyshev

AMC, Shalaev

AMC, Komolov

CF, Traore

louhans%20cuiseaux.jpg

1. C.S. Louhans-Cuiseaux

3rd in French National | Transfers 1 & 2 | Finances | Graph | Player Stats 1, 2

The League

well, little Louhans-Cuiseaux have defied the odds and gained promotion to Ligue 2 in their first season in the National! It was a rollercoaster season as the graph shows by our early season poor form but once I changed formation to a flat 442 we were off. a solid defence was the foundation and this helped a lot. although we didn’t have a prolific goalscorer we managed to pick up the wins and came home a distant but irrelevent 3rd. absolutely delighted with it and it was beyond my wildest hopes for the season. Looking forward to the step up and hopefully we find our feet early.

French Cup

Not much to say with this really. we made it through the 8th round but crashed out embarassinly in the 9th against non-league opposition. I’m not too fussed as I had been rotating my team with the league a priority.

The Players

Here’s a look at some of the key players for me in my promotion season:

Goalkeepers

Jeremy Aymes - Decent season for the promising no.1 keeper. Should keep his place for the coming season.

Full Backs

Cedric Anton - 1st choice LB. vulnerable for the new season though

Julien Mendy - 1st choice RB. another at risk for the new season.

Joseph Sakey - Zimbabwian LB with lots of promise. didn’t get much game time but offers a lot for the future.

Centre Backs

Lucien Owona - Camaroon CB did well this season. will struggle for a starting berth this season.

Mustapha Traore - Gambian CB played back up for most of the season but a decent player.

Molla Wague - My best CB and a highly promosing player. one hopefully for the long-term, seems happy to stay despite plenty of interest.

Midfielders

Lionel Bah - decent central midfielder but never shone. will be back up this season

Johan Bellini - central midfielder from Luxembourg who was mainly cover. this won’t change this season.

Simon Feindouno - cover for RM, did well when called upon. good squad player

Kevin Gohiri - star player this season, featuring in the National team of the season. was a player at the club when I arrived. heavily fancied.

Bozo Kovacevic - Winter signing brought in to add quality to the midfield. did ok.

Salim Mezriche - Algerian midfielder did well and scored a few decent goals

Franck Songo’o - former Barcelona and Sheffield Wednesday midfielder was my first signing for the club. did well and scored a few key goals.

Strikers

Carlos - Venezuelan ST who was mainly back-up. will look to offload.

Vincent Le Mat - one of the few players to join for a fee, Vincent scored a few good goals. at risk for the new season though.

Rafael Paraiba - rated good enough for Ligue 1, he was recommended by his agent. I love this feature!! unlucky to break his leg and missed all of second half of season.

Matias Saad - Argentine striker scored a few goals and did ok. may remain at the club this season.

Bengt Saeternes - Veteran Norwegian did well initially and scored plenty of goals. then it dried up and he went rubbish. want to get rid but transfer-listing him was unpopular.

Finances

As you can see we made a reasonable loss, tempered only by a near £500k for our league position. thankfully we have £4.4 million in TV rights for the new season so this helps a lot.

The Future

On paper, my current squad looks way out of depth. I have been given £2.2 million to spend but the wage budget wasn’t great so I have transferred a chunk of this to wages in the hope of being able to compete. The fact that we have some decent players willing to come is heartening and gives me hope for the future. I have promised we’ll avoid relegation and that is my sole aim. this will be built on a strong defence and good wide play. Off the field, we have turned professional and the club are overhauling the stadium by adding nearly 2,000 seats to bring up to league regulations.

I’m really looking forward to the new season - let’s see what it brings!!

Career History

[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Season   League      Pos.    Cup            Europe               Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12  National   3rd   9th Round       N/A             Promotion[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]

Good season brettney1980. Glad to see you finish within European qualifying spots again. Good luck next season. :thup:

Congrats on the promotion rlipscombe. Great progress for the club as well with the stadium upgrade and going professional. Funny seeing Bengt Sæternes playing there at his age. I've seen a lot of him in the Norwegian league here. He's big and strong and slow, just like in his FM profile hehe. Good luck next season. :thup:

I'm considering going with Venezia in Italy, but it's some dangerous shoes to fill. :) Definitely the most interesting looking club in Italy that's come up so far on my resets though.

cheers Ohanzee - Saeternes did well for me at first but his lack of pace is going to hold him back now.

as for Venezia, go for it. good team and i enjoyed it a lot until the game crashed. i'd be honoured to have you complete the challenge with Venezia!!

It's kinda fun reading about all these teams that come up in Italy actually. Seems like half of them have gone bankrupt and been re-founded. Lots of familiar names. Mantova, Messina, Treviso, Venezia, etc. But yea, I'll probably have a go at Venezia. I think for a city so famous there should be a football team in the top division. :)

there are A LOT of bankrupted teams that are eligible for the challenge in Italy. quite a few have played in top flight in the last 10-15 years too.... that was one of reasons to take Venezia last year - to restore to former glories. i remembered watching them on TV on Football Italia when i was growing up.....

F.B.C. Unione Venezia - Introduction

Manager Profile

A Quick History Lesson (brought to you by wikipedia)

The club was founded in 1907 under the name Associazione Calcio Venezia 1907, and enjoyed some success winning the Copa Italia in 1940/41.

In 2002 the President of the club, Maurizio Zamparini, grew tired of the city council stopping plans for a new stadium and instead decided to purchase Serie A outfit U.S. Citta di Palermo. He took a large part of the squad with him in the process and in 2005 Venezia declared bankruptcy for the first time and was relegated from the Serie B.

The club was re-founded as Societa Sportiva Calcio Venezia, but it took only 3 more years before the club was once more bankrupt (what have I gotten myself into?!!:rolleyes:). The club was once again re-founded, this time as Football Club Unione Venezia. And that's hopefully what it will be called for a long time.

Some famous people that have been part of clubs history are Christian Vieri, Alvaro Recoba and of course the Norwegian superstar Runar Berg. :D

The city, Venice (or Venezia in Italian), is well known for tourism and industry and has a population of about 272k (in 2004). You actually have to go by boat to get to the stadium, and looking at an aerial view of the City I'm a bit worried about the effects global warming might have in the future. :D

The Club

There is no staff at the club at all. So first on the agenda is to get any form of assitant manager in place. The stadium is called Pierluigi Penzo and has a capacity of 7,500. The facilities are basic to average and there is no youth academy. I'm a bit worried about the media predicting us to finish 6th (just outside playoffs) already, and the board thinks top half is a good estimate as well.

Serie A

Interesting season at the top as Palermo (the club of the former President of Venezia) won it in front of Roma, Napoli and Udinese. Milan and Inter finished 9th and 10th. Genoa (who I personally think have an amazing squad right now) finished 13th. Crazy. Inter have sacked Benitez (good for them) and instead brought in Spanish legend Quique Flores, so I expect them to be back in the top next season.

rlipscombe well done on your first up promotion. Good to see you have my Club Captain Salim Mezriche. Quality midfielder, although I now have some slightly better. My Ass Man also rates Matias Saad as good enough for Ligue 2, although, being 2 seasons ahead of you he might be a little aged.....

Is player naming allowed? Cos I can make a few recommendations for you if it is....

I'm back. Been away in Newcastle for the weekend with a few mates, a couple of nights out and football on Sunday. Am gonna get back into the swing of things with my Hallescher save and read through the last couple of pages to get to know what has happened.

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 10 - 2020/21

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 6th, Qualified for Europa League

Another sticky start, with consecutive losses against Juventus and Inter, and a couple of draws against Parma and Sampdoria, was finally ended with a 2-0 win over Siena. From then on, it was mid-table form all the way, draws by the plenty, the odd win and rare loss. We were somewhat adrift in 10th place for much of the season, with a healthy cushion to the bottom half, but not quite catching the teams above us, until 9 games from the end we put together a run of 6 wins, 2 draws and a loss to take 6th place - one place and 3 points better than last season. Europa League football beckons for a second consecutive season!

Coppa Italia - Quarter Final

Automatically skipped the qualifying rounds due to our involvement in Europe, beat lower league Pisa with a shadow side, then lost 2-0 to Milan in the next round.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round

Knocked out Levadia Talinn 6-1 on aggregate in the 3rd Qualifying Round, before a tricky 2-1 win over Omonia Nicosia to take our place in the group stage.

We were drawn alongside Man City, Trabzonspor, and Zestaponi in a slightly tricky group, but our impressive home form - 3 wins from 3, 15 goals scored with only 1 against, was enough to take us through in second place behind the nouveaux riche English club.

Valencia lay in wait in the 1st Knockout Round, and the eventual semifinalists demolished us 5-1 on aggregate.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £21.85m Loss

Didn't realise quite how much I spend this year, spreading it out over 48 months as I do. All decent signings coming in, Kooiman making his loan move from Ajax permanent, and general strengthening all round. Plenty of dead wood going out, plus the usual dirge from the youth system.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Stefano Tulino - D/DM/MRC - Did a great job at the centre of defence.

4. Jon Pagola - AMLC - Almost 1 assist every 2 games in his first season at the club is an impressive return.

3. Victor Amoruso - MC - Great return of goals and assists, really stepped up his play this year.

2. Adem Ljajic - AMRLC - Amazing goal return from the Serbian winger, second highest scorer behind Petrillo.

1. Abel Petrillo - ST - Beat his own record for goalscoring with 22 this year, hopefully will bring in someone to take a bit of pressure off him over the summer.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Serie C1/B              2nd       Playoff Winners, Promoted
2015/15   Serie B                 12th      
2016/17   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Serie A                 20th      Relegated
2018/19   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2019/20   Serie A                 7th       Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Serie A                 6th       Qualified for Europa League

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mauro Vigorito      GK         2011-Present            217       0    6.82
Nicolas Amodio      DM/MC      2012-2018               183      12    6.93
Antonio Marino      DLC        2013-Present            180       5    6.88
Mario Ortiz         DM/MC      2013-Present            169       5    6.83
Enzo Scorza         ST         2012-2018               159      82    7.24
Abel Petrillo       ST         2016-Present            156      84    7.19
Nicolas             D/DM/MC    2015-Present            154       5    6.85
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-2016               146       3    6.92
Francesc Alcalde    AMLC/ST    2014-2020               145      45    6.98
Patxi Rodriguez     DM/MC      2017-Present            141       9    6.83
Luca Tedeschi       DC         2012-2018               139       8    7.09
Nicola Ravaglia     GK         2018-Present            127       0    6.90
Diego Farias        AMRLC      2015-2019               126      19    6.90
Davide Testa        AM/ST      2011-2015               121      40    7.04
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-Present            121      13    6.98
Mogi                DRC        2017-Present            117       0    6.80
Ruben               AML        2015-2019               103       7    6.86
Fausto Rossi        AML        2016-Present            102      18    6.97
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-Present            101      19    7.16

Next Season:

We're doing pretty well financially, but my highest weekly wage is just £14,500 per week at the moment. I have plenty of budget available to burst through that ceiling, but I don't really want to, as we could do with expanding the training and youth facilities first. Next season's objective, therefore, is to upgrade our facilities whilst retaining Europa League football.

Forza Messina!

Thanks Ohanzee, and good luck with Venezia! Similar club to Messina, really.

Yeah I decided to build sensibly for this challenge, when I did dafuge's last year I blew lots of cash quickly on players mostly in their prime to get the thing completed, and suffered for it financially when i decided to carry the game on. Don't know if I will do, but I'd like to make sure I have a solid position from which to do so :)

Great season rlipscombe :thup:. Gaining promotion is way beyond my expectations at Quimper! Interesting to see you with Matias Saad and Rafael Paraiba! I signed them both using their agents. I too, love this feature :D

thanks. yeah i was delighted when the agents suggested them. and keef, player naming is allowed if necessary, as plenty of season reviews show.

SnakeXe - great consolidation there. hopefully you can make a push for a CL place next season.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2012/13

2nd in Italian Serie C2/A (pred: 6th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League (playoff)

A bit of a roller coaster as all the new signings gel'ed. We were always in the top half though. A little dip with 3 losses in a row just before Christmas when our only decent defensive midfielder got injured. We then found some great form when he came back and went on to win 12 in a row, which put us top of the table. Sadly we fumbled it with 3 losses in the last 5 games, and ended 2 points off winners Carpenedolo.

In the playoff semi final we hammered Rodengo, a team we have yet to lose to in 5 matches. Pavia was a bit harder, but we managed a rather lucky 1-0 win away and finished it off with another 1-0 at home. Promoted!

Fun Fact: 2nd place was a new record low in this division for Venezia.

Serie C Cup (fixtures) - Not a good performance, but I think it helped us find form in the league to not have so many fixtures anyways.

The Players (squad ratings)

I wasn't at all happy with the current squad so I let them all go except those that were on to high wages. Sadly we have a 36 year old on 3k a week, which is a total waste even though he's very decent. Anyways, for once I decided to only bring in young players. Usually I go for old experienced stars at this level, but instead I brought in only players aged 23 and below. Hard to tell who's decent and not at this level, but here's the best performers.

Renato Bertoli (DC) - Played almost the whole season and was very good.

Massimiliano Salandria (SC) - Top goalscorer in the league.

Robin Smits (SC) - Joined in January as I began expanding my scouting network outside of Italy. He's extremely slow off the mark (which is being worked on), but his technical skills are brilliant for this level, which shows in his goal/game ratio.

The Finances

Really disappointed with this. I was below the wage budget and we still lost this much. Gonna free up another £4,8k from just 2 of these super-old players that was already at the club soon though, as their contracts are luckily running out. Average attendance was 4,860 which is decent I guess.

The Top Level

The Serie A keeps being weird. Palermo, Fiorentina, Genoa, Juventus the top 4. Inter finished 7th, sacked another manager and have now appointed Ottmar Hitzfeld. Roma in 10th and Milan in 12th place. Spain and England are dominating the ECC, with no Italian team in the quarter finals. 3 Italian teams in the EC quarter finals though, and Juventus went on to win it.

The Future

Not much to say at this point. No upgrades being planned since funds are to low.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]12/13[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]
Work in progress ...

Logo-3.png

2019/20 - Hallescher FC - German First Division

Transfers - 6 IN for 13.75m & 6 OUT for £0

2 First teamers and 4 for the future in. The main chunk of money was spent on a new goalkeeper, being priced out of a move for Boucher and Asenjo not willing to talk I stumped up 10m for Deportivo's regen Pablo Bolanos. The only other first team player was ageing Chinese winger Hao Junmin who was released by Werder Bremen. I spent the rest on 4 decent signings for the future, with Andre Luiz the most likely to break into the first team in the new season.

League - 1st

Chamions. Yes at last, we had to work for it but finally we won the Bundesliga for the first time. Schalke and Leverkusen kept up the fight to win the league but managed to do so with a game to spare. Finally we had got to grips with scoring goals but not conceding them too, with 66 for and just 23 against, the joint least tally with Leverkusen.

German Cup - 2nd Round

This competition is a real thorn in my side. We got knocked out in the second round for the 6th time in 8 seasons of playing in the competition. We were knocked out on penalties to Hannover after a colossal 4-4 draw.

Champions League - 3rd In Group G

Drawn with Gent, Arsenal and Barcelona we found it tough going and knew that 3rd was the realistic position to be in. We won just two games in the group, both times beating Gent but we did manage away draws at both Arsenal and Barcelona. Suffering our 2 defeats at home. So 3rd place saw us into the Europa League.

Europa League - Semi Finals

We were drawn against Catania in the 1st KO Round and easily dispatched them 3-1 on aggregate. Galatasaray were next a much tougher opponent...you would have thought. We cruised by the 4-1 at home but did lost 2-0 in their backyard, 4-3 on aggregate. PSG were next in the quarter finals, we fell behind but managed to sneak a 1-1 draw at home but they had the away goal, a week later we went to France with a plan, counter attack and it worked, we won 1-0 to send us through. Benfica were up next, I was dreading playing them, we drew, but unfortunately the scoreline would make it tough work away from home, they had 4 away goals. We went to Lisbon and put on a brave show and managed a 1-1 draw, respectable although we went out.

Squad - GK/DF

Squad - MF/ST

Top Scorer - Gokay Kok, 28

Most Assists - Tevfik Baytar, 19

Most MOM - Everton Jacobs, 7

Ave Rating - Everton Jacobs, 7.40

Other Notable Players - Haris Vuckic, Jean Schmidt and Pablo Bolanos

Finances - Again big increases thanks to prize money, we dipped down below 10m left in the bank. Our main problem is that we spend far too much on wages and don't replace it with income from the gate receipts. Our attendances in Europe were limited to just 3500, due to seating issues, something I cannot change. The board rejected every proposal I make to build a new stadium saying our current ground has character and we do not wish to change it. F-Off!

Season  | League          | Pos  | Cup           | Europe            | Other Achievements
11/12   | 3rd Division    | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a               | Promoted
12/13   | 2nd Division    | 10th | 1st Rnd       | n/a               | Consolidation
13/14   | 2nd Division    | 3rd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Lost in Play-Off Final
14/15   | 2nd Division    | 2nd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Promoted 
15/16   | 1st Division    | 11th | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Survival
16/17   | 1st Division    | 5th  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | European Qualification
17/18   | 1st Division    | 3rd  | Qtr Final     | Europa 1st KO     | Champions League Qualification
18/19   | 1st Division    | 2nd  | 2nd Round     | CL Qtr Final      | So close! 
19/20   | 1st Division    | 1st  | 2nd Round     | Semi's of EL      | Champions  

7 games left and I've just snuck into the playoffs. Of the seven, I think I really should win 3, which leaves 4 tricky games. It's going to be an exciting run in! Wish me luck!

Oh, and great season ToMexico - congratulations on that first Bundisliga. Time to push on further into the Champions League now.

6 games left and I'm still there. Scraped a win in one of the games I was favourite for, the next game is a tough one - away at 3rd place Almeria.

5 games to go and we're still there. Lost to Almeria, but teams around me didn't take advantage.

4 games left and we've dropped out of the playoff places. The curse of the 2-goal lead again. I threw one away.

3 games left and I'm back into 6th. A 3-0 away win in Tenerife.

2 games left - still 6th, just thumped Real Madrid's B team, Castilla, 5-1.

1 game left - still there in 6th after a 5-1 win over over Atletico 'B'.

0 games left - finished in 6th, that's the playofffs! Finally! Now to try and get through them!

Good luck in playoffs LLR! :thup:

Congrats on the league win ToMexico! Well done! Great run in the EURO Cup to. The seating issue sounds really annoying. Hope you can get through the group stages of the ECC next year and push towards that big final. :thup:

Great news PRDH! Good luck in the playoffs, bit late but oh well. :thup:

I probably won't be doing any updates until at least the weekend. Got an exam tomorrow and have managed to not start FM at all today. Have another on Friday, so if I can manage without FM until Friday evening it'd help. Hard times. :rolleyes:

Archived