FM11: Everton FC thread

Guest roberto922

I've just started with Everton (well late last night so im a bit through) and really enjoying it so far.

I have aimed for qualification for Europe but still no budget so have not actually signed anyone at all so far apart from a couple of french youngsters joining in January - Dennis Appiah ( 1.7 million ) and Terence Makengo (3.5 million).

I lost to Liverpool 2-1 in the league in the first game and since then have won every game. 6 League games won and 2 cup games I've got through in so its going really well.

I'm just using a 4231 tacitc I knocked up.

GK : Howard

DR: Coleman

DC: Distin

DC: Jagielka

DL: Bained

DMR: Fellaini

MCL: Rodwell

AMCR: Arteta

AMC: Cahill

AMLC: Gueye

FC: Saha

Obviously with inevitable injuries Fellaini comes in handy playing in any midfield position and Heitinga can move in. Jose Baxter gets quite a few appearances and just in the last game Ive promoted James Wallace to the first team who will be used off the bench in the the reserves rather than go on loan. Really think Wallace could come good. Seems to have decent stats and hopefully can develop a fair bit.

Going well so far, anyone else doing an Everton save? :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January Update

I mocked up a screenshot of pretty much everything in the one shot :D Its been a tough ride with such a small squad so I ended up selling Heiteinga and Arteta and bringing in a few players :)

Really enjoyable game though and good to see some of the youth do well when called upon!

janupdate.png

I started a 11.3 save and it seems very easy with Everton. Seems Man U and Arsenal are underrated and only Liverpool overrated (surprise surprise)

evertonhistorybesteleve.th.jpg

finished in 3rd conceeding very few goals. The defense is just awesome and Fellaini dominates. The only first team player i bought was Nzonzi in Jan for 1.5mil as I plan on using Rodwell at center back long term. Sold Heitinga at same time for 10m

End of season sold Saha, Anichebe, Yakubu and Mucha. Just brought in 5 youngsters as I wanted to bring in a really quality striker in jan when i had more funds.

Neville gets very slow quickly but Hibbert is doing a decent job along with coleman at right back. Distin and Yobo's pace are dropping but using Jags and Rodwell as first choice.

Gueye is now my first choice striker as he's looking better than Beckford.

After 17 games have a 12-3-2 record and am in third again. Got Vela coming in to play as either a striker or left wing.

Interestingly Pienaar has been on the transfer list since end of first season but his agent wanted too much so I didn't sign him.

Really looking forward to se ehow this gem i picked up from greece for 170k turns out

mariosfotiadisprofiletr.th.jpg

mariosfotiadisprofileat.th.jpg

arsenal underrated? lol

started an everton save on 10.3 playing a 4-4-1-1 with cahill feeding off of saha. it worked brilliantly in the first couple of matches, with the highlight being a 2-1 away win over liverpool in the league cup, but then, predictably, everyone got injured. i had to play vellios up top with wallace feeding off of him for stoke. bad times...

any recommendations for a striker that can hold up play?

arsenal underrated? lol

started an everton save on 10.3 playing a 4-4-1-1 with cahill feeding off of saha. it worked brilliantly in the first couple of matches, with the highlight being a 2-1 away win over liverpool in the league cup, but then, predictably, everyone got injured. i had to play vellios up top with wallace feeding off of him for stoke. bad times...

any recommendations for a striker that can hold up play?

Ok there youngsters have huge potential but they missed out on cl in my game in first season and not looking great in second season.

What about Crouch...if he's not playing regularly for spurs could be a good signing....or maybe Bendtner. I'm also having trouble as I have plenty of money but not willing to pay big wages for someone who my young players are likely to be better than in a couple of seasons.

[edit: Arsenal finished 3rd in season 2..Man U again finished outside CL places]

alright, i think i got the dlf position sorted with anichebe for now, and i'll probably use yakubu there when he returns from loan. any suggestions for a future replacement for cahill? he broke his foot and osman has been so horrible playing his position that i've ditched my 4-4-1-1 and gone 4-4-2 with saha-anichebe.

alright, i think i got the dlf position sorted with anichebe for now, and i'll probably use yakubu there when he returns from loan. any suggestions for a future replacement for cahill? he broke his foot and osman has been so horrible playing his position that i've ditched my 4-4-1-1 and gone 4-4-2 with saha-anichebe.

I used Bily in that position. Prefer playing 4-4-2 now though as well. How's Beckford doing for you? He missed loads of chances in my game but the he gets so many more than Saha that it seemed worthwhile keeping him in.

beckford's pretty useless for me, but most of my attack is useless so it's unfair to single him out. he misses chances, goes on pointless dribbles, is incredibly selfish, etc etc. a striker and left winger are probably my number one priorities for the second season. gueye is alright at left wing, but i feel that he's better used as an impact sub than a starter.

two home games coming up against bolton and birmingham. i need to win those if i want to stay in 7th as the other two remaining games are against liverpool and man utd. it's possible that i could get a result against liverpool seeing as how i did it earlier in the season, but that was with cahill and jagielka in the lineup

Tough to know who to suggest for those positions until your budget is known. Who you planning on selling? I managed to get a 15k stadium extension which should be finished at the end of October 2012 so that should help finances so the board will hopefully allow 60k plus wages.

I brought in Prib as a backup for Baines. He can play lb and lm. He helped Furth get promotion from 2nd div in germany. He's young and relatively cheap (cost me 2 mil.) Unfortunately some team came in for him and when i rejected there offer he wanted an improved contract (from 13k to about 35k per week). I'd rather not play that for a backup so he's out on loan at Napoli. Got 1.1m for the loan plus possibly 3.x mil for it to be permenant so not too bad.

Vela has been not much better than Beckford. Scored 8 in 23 in all comps but just 3 in 14 in league. hopefully now he's settled in he'll do better.

Lots of good strikers out there but the wages and signin on fees are off putting.

[update end season 2]

finished in 7th which was good enough for euro cup...focused too much on champs league i guess....made it to semi finals after beating Barcelona. Lost to Bayern though. Nice to see a Bayern- Lyon final and not the usual italian vs spanish or English one. Also morale issues caused me trouble. Arteta went out replaced by Van d Vaart. Baines wanted a bigger contract after i rejected Tottenham and got the hump. Bily and Fellaini also got upset cos i was loooking at moving them on.

• 2 weeks later...

Gone quite here. I'm onto season 6 with still no silverware...lost in europa league final to Palermo on pens

Jags and cahill have dropped off significantly but got a few real life Everton youngsters who play as back ups (baxter, barkley, Garbett).

My back 5 are all from british isles and doing pretty well. Would recommend getting Smalling if he's not playing regularly for Man U.

gk- Smithies

rb- Coleman

lb- Cunningham (starts at man city but i bought from blackburn)

cbs- Smalling/duffy/rodwell

The problem is the nominations for player of the year is done in december so that's why it's all people who had a good first half of season and interestingly all had a pretty poor second half of season. Hence no Berbatov (top goals), Nani (top assists) and no baines (as we were doing terribly back then although coleman was playing well which explains his nomination).

• 2 weeks later...

Just start, from the beginning sold: Saha, Turner, Osman, Coleman. Get only : Payet (AMR)

Start 4-5-1 with wingers and FELLAINI upfront as target man.

• 2 weeks later...

11.3 is TOUGH as Everton! Restarted for the new patch and undertook a less drastic overhaul than I did in 11.2 (mainly because there's nobody to sell!). Anyway, I did the following:

Out

Hibbert - £5m over 24 months

Baxter - £1.5m

Bilyaletdinov - £4.5m

In

Nietachek(spelling totally wrong - the AMR from Belarus) - £1m

Suazo - £2m

Vukevic - £1.5m

Bassong - £120K loan fee (£4m in future)

All of the deals above were over 48 months. Very small squad, so fingers crossed on the injury front. Am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, with the squad being:

GK - Howard/Mucha

DR - Neville/Coleman/Heitinga

DL - Baines/Bsssong/Neville

DC - Jagielka/Heitinga/Distin/Bassong

MC - Arteta/Fellaini/Rodwell/Osman/Barkley

AMR: Nietachek/Osman/Arteta/Coleman

AML: Vukevic/Nietachek/Arteta

AMC: Cahill/Osman/Vukevic/Nietachek

ST: Suazo/Saha/Anichebe/Cahill

Am 7th in October, but Cahill has only just come back from a 7 week injury and has been a beast in the 4 games he's played this season. Nietachek (sorry for the spelling!), Vukevic and Suazo have all really started to settle in but Bassong hasn't played a huge amount yet.

Somehow managed to finish 4th season 1 on 11.3, needed an 86th minute winner against Bolton on last day of season to leap above Spurs!!!!

Derdiyok was my player of the year with 20 League goals & got signing of the season.

Had a revamp in the summer to bulk the squad up.

Big signings were -

Neuer - £30m over 48 months ( Howard made too many mistakes )

Wilshere - £25m over 48 months to replace the ageing Cahill

P Jones - £15m over 48 months to eventually take over from Jags

Thiago - Free

N De Jong - £6.5m

Sakho - £15.75m over 48 months

Team/Squad for 2011/12

Gk - Neuer/Smithies

Dr - Van der Wiel/Vrsaljko

Dc - Cahill/Jones

Dc - Jags/Sakho

Dl - Baines/Digne

Mc - Fellaini/Rodwell

Mc - De Jong/Mvila

Amr - A Sanchez/Hoillet

Amc - Wilshere/Thiago

Aml - Hazard/Lucas

Fc - Derdiyok/Babacar/Lukaku

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the 4th season, pre-season, with Everton. After an amazing run of results last year we won the league. I don't feel like my team is anywhere near strong enough to defend the title and it really was unbelievable we won it last year.

I had an out-of-favour Jack Wilshere on loan from Arsenal. He started about 20 league games and did relatively well, averaging 7.20 for the season.

I don't think he improved at all last season, although he did pretty well.. I've just signed him for a bargain 4m, however at the age of 21 I need to get his stats to jump quickly before it's too late.

Can anyone reccommend a fast track way to get him to his best? I need a big contribution from him this season.

He'll be played in the same role as last year.. Attacking Midfield Support, AMC. He plays alongside Paulo Henrique who I've tweaked to all out attack with a lightning quick regen up top, on his own, set to poacher.. Or Khouma Babacar as an Advanced Forward.

I also play the regen (Josh Robertson) alongside Khouma Babacar with one AMC. Where else could I slot him in when I play this system, because I’m not going to drop Ganso!

Quick review of my 2 seasons as Everton manager

First season i won the league cup and finished 7th

Second season i finished 9th and got to the final of the euro cup AND GOT SACKED!!!!!

i was sacked 3 days before the final of euro cup for a 9th finish

Everton can go phuck themselves.

have just finished possibly my greatest ever season. 1st season with everton sold heitinga, bily and hibbert for comined 23m. signed gary cahill and few prospects totalling 11.5m. great season beat liverpool 3nil at home, utd home and away, knocked arsenal and chelsea out of league cup. ended up winning league cup and then managed to win the league. probably my greatest ever fm achievement

Just started an Everton game.

Due to bad finances i haven't bought anyone but two lotto-coupons in Juan Rosillo, whom, although he is 22 already and without much quality, my scout felt could improve and become a lowish PL-player and 18-year old Gael Nlundulu who will be nothing more than a strengething of the youth squad and perhaps become a poor PL player/good Championship player in the future. Got both for free and decided i might aswell give them a go to strengthen the reserve and youth squads.

I have released alot of the hopeless youngsters and reserveplayers and rented out those who might have potential. I established a partnership with Kilmarnock where i've send alot of players. As such, Shane Duffy, Apostolos Veillos, Shkodran Mustafi and Araz Abdullayev has gone there. Duffy and Veillos has been most succesful in terms of getting playing time so far. James Wallace has gone to Norwich for the season as has Jose Baxter to Hibernian.

I have played with two different formations in the opening of the season: A 4123/433 and a 4231 - both wide, with wingers.

My two strongest formations in terms of players would probably be:

Howard

Hibbert/Neville-Jagielka-Distin (was Heitinga in the start of the season)-Baines

Fellaini (anchor)

Cahill (att.)-Arteta (dlp sup.)

Coleman (often down in the MR position)-Saha/Gueye-Bilyaletdinov (inside-forward sup.)

or

Howard

Neville/Hibbert-Jagielka-Distin-Baines

Fellaini-Arteta

Coleman-Cahill-Bily

Saha/Gueye

Alternatively i've used Cahill as the striker, with Rodwell in midfield, though i often found this to be lacking offensively.

The results have been terrific as i am leading the PL after 13 games, though i am obviously not counting on ending up there.

My sole loss came recently against West Ham (suprising 4th). My finest wins include beating Arsenal (1-0, home - brilliant display on all levels) and Tottenham (3-1, away - cynical display, only fine due to being without Arteta, Cahill, Saha and Feillani).

In terms of individual perfomances Bilyaletdinov has been an absolute revelation in his AML inside forward-support role, averaging 7.52 in 15 games with 2 goals and 9 assists. Jagielka has been a rock at the back, averaging 7.45. Other good solo perfomances include Distin (7.37), Saha (7.25, 7 goals in 6 starts and 5 subs), Gueye (7.13, 5 goals in 13 games). However, the real keys for me, through my observations of the games has been the simple and effective passing of Arteta (easily highest pass compl. ratio in the side with 89%), the wing-back play of Baines aswell as the defence in general. As such, we have only let in 8 goals in 13 games, while scoring 26.

All in all, a terrific, shockingly good start to the season where many have outperformed themselves. However, i know this won't last forever and the goal is still top 7.

• 1 month later...

I've started a game with Everton as I'm bored of the lower leagues now. On the pitch things have been going well. I started with first window transfers turned off, so I could only bring in frees. To that end I signed Abubakari Yakubu, Mauro Milano, Ahmed Soukouna and... Ben Thatcher (purely as emergency backup). Didn't let Baxter or Duffy go on loan as A) I want them tutored and B) the squad is threadbare anyway.

I'm sitting ninth after five games, with three wins (including a 1-0 against Arsenal at the Emirates), one draw and one loss. The loss was 0-1 against Man Utd at Old Trafford, yet apparently the fans are devastated about that and the board aren't happy about it either (despite playing well and Saha hitting the post). Been playing a 4-2-3-1 (with MCs not DMCs) in games I expect to win and a 4-5-1 away to tough opposition.

I must say that I've never experienced quite the volume of injuries I've gotten so far at any other club. Have had Cahill out for three weeks and two weeks back to back, Milano is out for three months, Osman has been out for two months, Fellaini for a couple of weeks and I've had several other niggling injuries causing people to miss games. With both Osman and Milano out I've had to play Soukouna and Baxter at AMR. Chung-Yong Lee is looking like my dream January signing... would be interested and cost about £9m apparently.

However, off the pitch things seem to be really bad. The club is making a loss of over two million a month so far. I haven't increased the wage bill by much and it's still under the budget, so I'm rather worried we'll be bankrupt by January and I'll have to sell people rather than signing some much-needed reinforcements...

Just about to start a new Everton save as just found a editor file so the game starts in May 2011, with that and my own editor file ive done which includes new

kits for the coming season and ive also put future transfers in for players. And im also using nik33's data files.

Created Big Dunc and put him as a coach at Everton.

Having never managed Everton on any version of CM or FM, and wanting to try a save with Metal Guitarists transfer update, I decided to start one this morning and already looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

2010/11 Transfer Activity

With the transfer update installed and some new faces in the Premier League I was surprised to see Man Utd splashing the cash like there was no tomorrow, adding Vidal and Maicon along with a whole raft of promising youngsters. Arsenal were also spending, but City were surprisingly quiet.

With a limited transfer budget of 1.4 million I decided to concentrate on picking up some of the free agents to flesh out the bare bones squad available. I brought in Dede, John Pantsil and Matthew Upson to provide backup at left back, right back and central defence. Nigel Reo-Coker as a back up for Fellaini and Rodwell, Thomas Hitzlsperger as cover for Arteta and Simon Pouplin to be a second/third choice keeper behind Tim Howard.

I also offered contracts to Vicente and Daniel Jensen but Villareal tempted Vicente and Jensen chose Aston Villa over us. The freebie deals were all concluded by the 15th of July so I now had some time to decide if that would be it for the transfer window, or if I would try to actively move a couple of players on to finance some more deals.

Looking at the squad with the new arrivals I figured I could move a couple of defenders on to help bring in some more quality upfront and ideally a right winger as well, if I raised enough, or got good deals on the strikers I might bring another player or 2 in other positions as well. The players I chose to offload were Joseph Yobo and Tony Hibbert.

I offered them out to clubs at slightly over their listed value and didn't exactly generate a blizzard of offers. The only deal I could get for Hibbert was a loan deal from Wolves who paid 850,000 loan fee and will pay a further 2.6 million if they decide to sign him permanently.

We did slightly better with Yobo, Leverkusen willing to part with 5 million for his services, just a little over his value of 4.1 million. We added another 250,000 to the pot with a loan deal for Shane Duffy at Preston.

Our first priority was for at least one quality striker to lead the line in the 4-2-3-1 formation I was planning to use. I settled on Tomas Necid initially. Having used him on another save I knew that while his attributes weren't world class he was strong as an ox, great in the air with a fantastic work rate. Another plus in his favour was that on my other save he was hardly injured in 3 seasons with my team, a huge advantage over the existing strike force at the club. CSKA Moscow were willing to sell for 500,000 upfront and a further 5.5 million over 48 months. Fortunately Necid got his work permit and he arrived in time for our first league game of the season.

I was having a lot of trouble trying to sign a right winger, with clubs asking for huge transfer fees for some targets or if we got a reasonable deal the player either unwilling to discuss terms or demanding wages that I was unwilling to offer. Eventually I settled on taking Vladimir Weiss on loan from Man City for the season despite not being able to talk them into accepting a reasonable 'Future Fee' in the deal (City wanted 18 million for a future permanent deal).

Despite several attempts I wasn't able to conclude any more deals until the last two days of the transfer window. With Leighton Baines tearing a hamstring after the first couple of friendlies, and young Seamus Coleman injuring a knee just before the league campaign started, I had to go back in for another fullback. We persuaded Getafe to part with Miguel Torres for 500,000 upfront and 4.5 million to follow. Torres promptly dislocated a shoulder and so as extra insurance I added Ryan Bertrand on loan for the season, paying Chelsea a fee of 375,000 for the deal.

My final signing on deadline day was to bring in an alternative to Necid's strength and aerial threat upfront and I snapped up Christian Benitez from Santos Laguna. Again we paid 500,000 upfront, and Benitez will cost a further 3.5million. I tried to conclude deals for 2 promising wingers in Dimitir Payet and Yacine Brahimi, but the transfer window snapped shut while we waited for their clubs reponses, and so I had to be satisfied with the deals I'd done already.

Season Underway

I'd settled on playing a 4-2-3-1 formation right from the start, and had the team working on a high level of Match prep with my tactic right from day one. With most of the new signings arriving pretty early as well they seemed to pick up the pace quickly and we got off to a flyer on the very first day of the league campaign.

We started with what looked a difficult away fixture at Newcastle, they'd spent a fair bit to add Van Der Wiel and Chris Brunt to the other new arrivals and I know from experience that Cabaye can be quite a danger from midfield. I wasn't prepared for how quickly my players gelled with the tactic and was pretty much speechless as I watched Arteta and Cahill wander through the Newcastle defence almost at will. Tomas Necid had a dream debut, scoring 2 and creating 1 from his role as a deep lying forward. The Newcastle backline kept giving away freekicks in dangerous positions, and with Arteta delivering pinpoint crosses Sylvain Distin was able to help himself to a hattrick. (2 from indirect freekicks and one from a sweet cross after a short corner).

NewcastlevEvertonSplitView.png

With such an unexpected result under our belts the squad were buzzing, morale sky high, we got off to a fantastic start winning our next 2 league games against Chelsea (at Goodison, but a very tight game) and away to West Brom. Resting key players we got past Huddersfield, Upson scoring the winner in a rather scrappy 2-1 win.

That lead us into a difficult week with a visit from the Gunners and then an away trip to Man City. Against Arsenal we dominated the first half, with Arteta and Fellaini controlling the midfield and Necid proving a real handful for their centre backs, but we couldn't find a way past an in form Fabianski. Going in at half time I was certain we'd rue those missed opportunities and that Arsenal would come out and hit us with a sucker punch.

I shouldn't have worried, the first few minutes of the second half continued in the same vein and on 53 minutes, with the Arsenal defence scrambling around trying to mark the danger men of Distin, Jagielka and Necid at a corner they left that master of aerial mayhem Tim Cahill totally unmarked....with predictable consequences. We fashioned a few more chances before Arsenal threw caution to the wind and pinned us back for much of the last half hour.

On 66 minutes with us struggling to get out of our own half, I decided to make a few changes. Sending on Benitez for his debut and Reo-Coker to replace the tiring Fellaini. With Benitez on I set him as target man, instructing the team to play balls for him to run onto behind the Arsenal defence. On 83 minutes this paid off with Arsenal holding a high line and Sagna way forward on an attack a ball was played out to the wing for Benitez to chase. He then bore down on goal and hit a screamer from the corner of the box past Fabianski. It almost paid dividends again 7 minutes later when Benitez was set free again, this time on the other flank and a desperately backtracking Gibbs brought him down inside the area. Unfortunately Bilyaletdinov wasted the chance to rub salt in Arsenal's wounds and smacked his spot kick high over the bar. Not that I was overly worried about that :p

EvertonvArsenalSplitView.png

We're well and truely on a roll now and even managed to nick a 1-0 win away to City in our next game, though this was a definite case of daylight robbery. City had 24 shots to our 6 and we scored with another breakaway goal courtesy of Benitez (who'd started this game). So after 5 games in the league we had a 100% record and were sitting on top of the pile. Spurs also haven't dropped any points, but so far they've only played 3 games.

I know the run won't last and there's an inevitable injury crisis round the corner I'm sure, but if we can ride our luck a little and keep up some semblence of this form for most of the season I reckon we stand a chance of qualifying for the Europa League, possibly even the holy grail of the Champions League. Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my Everton save will be commencing soon. Looking at the squad I have no idea what formation to use however. Perhaps a 4-5-1?

I'm using an updated DB and therefore am absolutely skint. I turn my transfer window off anyway, so no biggie. I like realistic games. Anyhow, when I get to January it is almost certain that I will be selling atleast two players to alleviate the financial problems at the club. Arteta is getting on a bit and has a big wage packet-far too big if you ask me- so will be sold accordingly. Having done a weeks(in game I mean) of testing, there will be no shortage of buyers for the Spaniard and I will be looking for £8m. Otherwise I am looking at Jack Rodwell to bring in some cash....wonder if I can get £12m+ for the lad? Don't rate him highly enough to be honest. Otherwise, If a club comes in with good offers for anyone then I will have to accept it.

I am thinking that a loan offer for Fernando Gago can plug the Arteta sized hole, and then I will attempt to get a loan deal in for a CF- Romelu Lukaku a possibility although his inexperience would put me off. Daniel Sturridge? Then the summer will come and some serious re-building will have to be done. Two new strikers are an inevitability but will have to sell-to-buy of course.

Very happy with my Everton game, only 25 odd games in and 8 points clear at the top.

Bought Shawcross for 12 million Donovan for 7.5 million (both over 48 months) and Benitez for 2.5 sold Heitiga for 8.75 and Turner for 1.1. All 3 have been monsters as has Jagielka, Howard and that Russian winger.

Having a really enjoyable save with Everton and currently sat in a comfortable 8th position but only about 4pts off third place after about twenty games.

We've only lost 3 games so far (Chelsea, Arsenal and United), and I have only signed a 35 year old left back (Hastings) realised by Hamilton to cover for Baines, and I wanted a fourth centre back so paid £18,000 to loan Olaguer from Ajax for the season who's only costing around 3k/pw in wages. However having sold Iain Turner to Newcastle for 1.1mil, I then respent all that money on a 16yr old centre mid regen at Blackpool who Tony Fawthorp rates at a potential leading prem player as the formation I play uses four centre mids so I wanted a bit more depth.

I intend to heavily push and develop youth into my team with finances being so tight. What sort of success have people had with developing the likes of Barkley, Wallace, Duffy, Baxter, Velios, Hammar and Hope? Capable of becoming at least decent Premiership players in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back into my Everton save after a long time away, finished the first season 2nd in the table just 2 points behind Man City in the end after winning the League Cup, beating Nottingham Forest in the final.

I'd started this save with an earlier transfer update so Arteta is still at the club, as were Yakubu and Beckford. However during the current close season I've offloaded Hibbert, Yakubu, Saha and Beckford so far and brought in the young Austrian midfielder David Alaba from Bayern Munich. Javier Pastore is still at Palermo who seem to be having money problems as they're considering a 6.5 million bid for him.....which seems crazy, but would love it if I could somehow persuade him to sign.

Other than that I want to sign a winger and another centre back to replace Distin, he's been moaning for half a year now after not getting to sign for Spurs during the last transfer window.

Everton 2011/12 Update

After finishing second in the previous season, and managing to secure some silverware with the League Cup, the board gave me a transfer budget of £24.5 million to secure European qualification. I managed to add a little bit more to this with outbound deals, raising an extra £7.5 million.

I had two main aims with the money, the first was too add some extra quality to the squad in terms of creative players and the second was to bring in some younger first team players as we have a distinctly aging squad.

Transfer Business

EvertonTransfers_History.png

I did most of our business pretty quickly once I got going, all of the inbound deals were paid for upfront, no 48 month deals this time round. The standout deal was obviously the signing of Javier Pastore from Palermo, not sure what had gone wrong there, but they accepted the crazy fee of only £6.5 mill, an absolute bargain for a player of his quality. Alaba, Derdiyok, Otamendi and Pastore are all 23 or younger, which helped to bring the average age of the first team down slightly. Vukcevic is a relative veteran in comparison but still only 25 and I've signed him to play at the AML position, provide an alternative to Bliyaletdinov, he brings a lot of quality in terms of set pieces and has a lethal long range shot on him.

Anichebe rejected a contract extension so I wasn't too fussed when he left for Sporting. With Derdiyok's arrival I now had him, Christian Benitez and Tomas Necid to rotate upfront and as we only play one upfront we could afford to offload some of the other strikers. Saha, Yakubu and Beckford were all offered out to other clubs and we attracted some permanent offers for the first 2. I could perhaps have gotten more for them with some wrangling, but I was happy to get them off the wage budget. We only got loan offers for Beckford, but at least Lorient offered a future fee for him, we stand to make another £1.9 million should they decide to keep him.

With all the business completed before the end of July, the new arrivals were able to get some time to bed in during the pre-season friendlies and that's served us well in the start to the new season.

Fixtures so far

EvertonEverton_Fixtures.png

With 5 wins and 1 draw we're currently sitting on top of the league, ahead of Spurs by virtue of superior goal difference and our defence has been in great form. Otamendi and Jagielka seem to be forming a great partnership in the centre of the back four. The most impressive players so far though have been Pastore and Vukcevic who have given us a real cutting edge from midfield it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just thought i'd join in on your thread for a short while. I'm currently testing a tactic I created a while back, which i'm hoping to post on the forums. Everton have come into the catagory of clubs to be tested with my tactic.

First off i noticed the horrible joke of a transfer budget which is perfect really for my test as i havent planned to do much changes at all! Secondly, I noticed the horrible winger choices which also helps with my testing as it will prove my tactic works even with low standard wingers, but also proves the need for better wingers to gain better results.

I'm using 11.3 of corse and I was given around a 900k transfer budget. I haven't changed any staff members. Training is still default.

EvertonTransfers_History.png

As you can see I only brought Mista in on a free transfer and signed Enyeama as back-up to Tim Howard!

I'm 1 point off top spot at the moment, i'm in the League Cup Quarter Finals and Luis Saha is my best player with 10 goals in 13 games!

give us a clue on your tactic then mate! :)

Onto Everton things, wonder how Swisso will rate Ross Barkley in FM12

Here it is my friend, completed testing with Everton, 1st place after 15 games, completed a testing with Huddersfield Town in league 1 too, 14 wins out of 15.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276486-Tactic-Masters-Gung-Ho-Ultra-Defensive-4-1-2-1-2-(Tested)?p=7128320#post7128320

• 2 months later...
Very happy with my Everton game, only 25 odd games in and 8 points clear at the top.

Bought Shawcross for 12 million Donovan for 7.5 million (both over 48 months) and Benitez for 2.5 sold Heitiga for 8.75 and Turner for 1.1. All 3 have been monsters as has Jagielka, Howard and that Russian winger.

Done really well with this team, they won the domestic treble that year, the league and league cup double the next and finished 3rd year 3 but won the holy grail of the Champions League.

Signed Micah Richards for 5.5 million, Stockdale £275k Adam Johnson 5.5 million and Charlie Adam 7 million in year 2.

Year 3 Gary Cahill 10 million IIRC Olic free and Kruchhecz (sp Man Utd) 2.75 million

Year 4 Edison Cavani 26 million Gago free

Mid way through 4th season now, gonna retire I think, might stay on as England manager and try and win the World cup but considering our performance that ain't gonna happen so may well jsut retire.

Archived