FM11 Official Rangers FC Thread - Here we go 3 in a row!

safcrhys

wilcock54 ok you are experiencing the same thing that a lot of people do.

When you first take over as Rangers manager the teams dont respect you but you have the firepower so you attack and win by good scores. Now come the middle of the season you will find that scout reports have changed most / all of the teams will be playing possession football now I think the scout report tells you what they are basically going to do against you so if you continue to play the same way as the start of the season you might nick wins if you are lucky but more so find yourself picking up lots of draws and losses they have figured out that keeping the ball and frustrating your players allows them to beat you on the break. ( Time to get the walter game head on here )

What worked for me ( just finished first season with the treble in the bag ) was, I kept the traditional 4-4-2 that I played all season but instead of attacking I choose the counter option and set passing to short I found this to frustrate them even more as they couldn't get the ball to do the same to me so when they finally pushed out to win the ball i was in to score.

I finished the season as I said above winning the treble Kenny Miller played 33 scoring 32 :) Jela only got about 10-13 goals. My midfield however had over 30 assists just between the CM's.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also another thing that i have found. The more customization I do to my tactics the worse I play on the field. I now only use the default pre-made formations that are available. What I do now is adjust the team settings ( Mentality, Passing, marking etc ) and set pieces etc. I try not to change player roles as the game devolpers know more about the game physics than I do and I would assume they have designed these tactics to be affective.

What my job as a manger is to determine what player is best in that formation. I have had very very good results from this.

Strange to automatically assume (immediately) it was aimed at you is it not. If that weren't the case, it wouldn't even be in your mind that I was aiming it at you.

You can fool some of the people all of the time......but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

It wasn't really strange to assume it was aimed at me since your post wouldnt really make much sense if it was aimed at the previous few posts who had either been asking for advice on strikers, just starting a new game or just finished a season without winning the league. It says a lot about you that when you see that someone else has achieved a very impressive result that you automatically assume (immediately) that they have cheated. If you're struggling in your game I'd gladly give you some tips ;) and remember don't hate, congratulate:cool:

Struggling....

--------------------------Alex Smithies

Kirk Broadfoot--Michael Duberry--Jason McCarthy--Sasa Papac

Steven Naismith--Kyle Hutton--Tom Cairney--Jamie Ness

--------------------Nikica Jelavic--Romelu Lukaku

Struggling in SPL; only two victories, out of 2 games in Champions cup: 3-2 victory vs Litex, 3-0 loss vs Chelsea

Struggling....

--------------------------Alex Smithies

Kirk Broadfoot--Michael Duberry--Jason McCarthy--Sasa Papac

Steven Naismith--Kyle Hutton--Tom Cairney--Jamie Ness

--------------------Nikica Jelavic--Romelu Lukaku

Struggling in SPL; only two victories, out of 2 games in Champions cup: 3-2 victory vs Litex, 3-0 loss vs Chelsea

Struggling in the SPL with Lukaku in your team??????? :(

Seeing as Jelavic is becoming a real Rangers hero with the amount of goals he scores, I was wondering how to play him and I'm thinking that hopefully in the new patch Rangers will have money from the transfer of Kenny Miller. I'm thinking to buy Goodwillie, him and Jelavic upfront would rip up the league :). Any tips on other good players in the SPL?

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering starting a new game looked at the squad and thought no, my current Rangers save on an older patch is going too well and can't be bothered to start from scratch and build it up again. Might give it a shot later on.

anyone started a game with Rangers on 11.3?

I started one on the day the patch came out. I am currently 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Celtic but i have a game in hand and i am currently in November.

Ness, Hutton and Wylde have been great for me in the cup games and when i am winning in games by 2 or more goals i bring them on. Wylde has been the best out of those 3 though with 3 goals/7 assists in 13 games and an average rating of 7.40. His stats are improving a lot.

I have been disappointed with Jelavic though. He got injured for a month and is now back and has scored 1 goal in 8 games in all competitions. What role do you guys play him in where i can get him more goals? When he was injured i was playing Healy instead where he scored 4 goals in 10 apps in all competitions.

My top scorer in the SPL however is Naismith, with 7 goals in 12 apps.

Edit: Forgot to put that Wylde has 3 Man of the matches in the SPL and 1 in the Scottish Cup.

I started one on the day the patch came out. I am currently 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Celtic but i have a game in hand and i am currently in November.

Ness, Hutton and Wylde have been great for me in the cup games and when i am winning in games by 2 or more goals i bring them on. Wylde has been the best out of those 3 though with 3 goals/7 assists in 13 games and an average rating of 7.40. His stats are improving a lot.

I have been disappointed with Jelavic though. He got injured for a month and is now back and has scored 1 goal in 8 games in all competitions. What role do you guys play him in where i can get him more goals? When he was injured i was playing Healy instead where he scored 4 goals in 10 apps in all competitions.

My top scorer in the SPL however is Naismith, with 7 goals in 12 apps.

Edit: Forgot to put that Wylde has 3 Man of the matches in the SPL and 1 in the Scottish Cup.

Ness and Wylde have been good for me, Hutton not so much, I play Jelavic in an advanded forward/poacher but hard to get him to perform, found he's better as a lone striker, Healy has been awful for me

Ness and Wylde have been good for me, Hutton not so much, I play Jelavic in an advanded forward/poacher but hard to get him to perform, found he's better as a lone striker, Healy has been awful for me

Something is going wrong if Jelavic is not scoring for you, how do you play him?

Started 11.3,2nd to Dundee united albeit thrashing them 6-0 in December. Jelavic barely scores either, diouf picks up many bookings too, just got euro cup first round draw to play olympiakos. When January comes I will look to spend my new £8.3m budget(:D).

McGregor/Alexander/Roy Carroll (match fitness rotation every 10 games with McGregor playing most)

Whittaker Bougherra perry (Bartley injured) Papac

Diouf ness/Hutton/javad nekounam Davis Naismith

Lukaku Jelavic

Usually play contain bit started to look fir goals as the title race is very even (3 points behind) Jelavic barely scores, Naismith is topscorer.

Just matter of interest for people that have been playing with Rangers and you play Celtic how do the media/press overhype the old-firm derby?

I find at the press conference that there is more questions asked pre and post. Plus there is a message about fans look forward to a local derby.

Hi guys,

I started a new save so thought I’d update on how my first season went. I didn’t bring anyone in at the start of the season but in January I singed Garry Kenneth from Dundee United for 1.1 million who turned out to be great for the last half of the season.

SPL

I managed to win the SPL by 3 points. We finished on 82 points, Dundee United on 79, Hearts on 75 and Celtic surprisingly on 70 points in 4th position so no European football for them next season. Results at the start of the season started off great winning my first 4 games : 2-0, 5-0, 6-0 and 1-0 then I lost to Dundee United at home 1-2, drew with Aberdeen 0-0 away and then I got absolutely pumped off of Hearts 0-5, also away. I then won 10 of my next 13 games until the end of 2010, with the other 3 being drawn. The second half of the season was great where I only lost 1 game out of 18 which was a heavy defeat away to Celtic, 0-4. I won 11 of those 18 games with 5 being drawn which resulted in me winning the title.

Scottish Cup

Fourth round - beat Hamilton 2-0

Fifth round - beat Hibs 1-0.

Quarter Final – beat Falkirk 3-1

Semi Final – beat Celtic 2-0

Final – beat St Mirren 1-0

Co-operative Insurance Cup

Third Round – beat Peterhead 3-0

Quarter Final – beat Kilmarnock 3-0

Semi Final – beat Aberdeen 3-0

Final – beat Hearts 3-1

Pretty convincing wins throughout both cups which I was pleased with as there were no real problems getting through each round. Very pleased to pick up both domestic Cups.

Europe – Champions League

1st game – beat Chelsea 2-1

2nd game – beat CFR Cluj 2-0

3rd game – lost Shakhtar 0-2

4th game – lost Shakhtar 1-3

5th game – lost Chelsea 1-2

6th game – drew CFR Cluj 1-1

Started off well in Europe with 2 wins but I ended up finishing 3rd so I got into the Europa League.

Europe – Europa League

Not really much to comment on in this cup competition as I got put out in the first knockout round against Lille.

Home leg – won 1-0

Away leg – lost 0-2

Top Scorers In All Comps

Naismith - 14

Jelavic - 12

Weiss - 11

Bougherra - 10

Davis - 6

Fleck - 6

Edu - 3

Wylde - 3

Hutton - 3

Then came 7 players with 1 goal.

Obviously I am pleased to have won the treble so now I need to sign the right players in the summer so I can try and repeat that next year and also try to progress further in the European Competitions. Will update when I finish the next season.

Edit - Just sold Bougherra to Shakhtar for £7.75 million. I forgot he had a sell clause so off he went when shakhtar matched it :( I was already given £7.5 million for the transfer budget so i've got quite a bit of cash there to try and spend wisely. Man City have now made a bid of £9.75 million for Davis, not sure whether or not to sell as that amount of money could be used to bring in a couple of players but on the other hand Davis was my best player last season.

Season 2

Transfers – in

William Gallas – season loan

Fabio Liverani – free

Sotiris Kyrgiakos – season loan

Tom Cairney - £2 million

Walter Pandiani – free

Vladimir Weiss – season loan

Juan Pablo Carrizo – free

Lucas Digne – season loan

Joe Mattock – £1 million

Lucas - £9.25 million

Transfers – out

Bougherra - £7.25 million

Beattie + Lafferty went as well along with lots of youngsters.

SPL

Not worth talking about. It was a disaster where I came 4th. Celtic won by miles then came Dundee United and Hearts in 2nd and 3rd. At least I managed to get into the Europa League.

CIS Cup

Third Round – beat East Fife 2-0

Quarter Final – beat Aberdeen 1-0

Semi Final – beat St Johnstone 6-1

Final – beat Hearts 4-1

This was the only cup I managed to win in season 2 with no real problems in this competition.

Scottish Cup

Fourth Round – beat Berwick 7-0

Fifth Round – beat QoS 3-0

Quarter Final – lost to Partick 4-2

Disastrous performance in the quarter final as I was hoping to at least get to the final.

Europe – Champions League

Qualifying leg 1 – lost 0-1 to Qarabag Agdam

Qualifying leg 2 – won 6-0

Playoff leg 1 – drew 1-1 with Maccabi Haifa

Playoff leg 2 – won 3-1

Group Stage

1st game – lost to Chelsea 0-5

2nd game – beat Rosenborg 4-0

3rd game – beat Juventus 4-2

4th game – lost to Juventus 1-2

5th game – lost to Chelsea 1-4

6th game – lost to Rosenborg 0-1

Europe – Europa League

1st Knockout Round leg 1 – beat Metalist 4-0

Leg 2 – drew 1-1

2nd Knockout Roundleg 1 – lost to Man City 1-3

Leg 2 – won 1-0

Ended up going out to Man City who went on to win the Europa League.

I've started season 3 and brought in Griffiths, Bartley, Boyata, Sanago, Areola and Azpilicueta all on loans. Also bought Tottenham's Sandro for £5 million. I sold Mcgregor to Everton as well.

So far ive progressed through 2nd, 3rd and 4th qualifying stages for Europa League and now into the group stages. SPL start has been great as we have won 5 out of 5, 3-1, 1-0, 1-0, 6-0 and 8-0. Lets hope this season is an improvment on the last!

Just started a new game on 11.3 just half way through November.

Players Out

Kyle Lafferty - £2.1 million - Sunderland

Sasa Papac - £1.4 million - Leicester

Kyle Bartley - Loan Terminated

Player In

Diego Polenta - CB - £1.3 million - Geona

Ben Turner - CB - £ 2.2 million - Coventry

Both bought over 48 months with no money front.

Starting Eleven

McShagger/Alexander

Whitaker ---------- Bougherra ----------- Polenta -------------- Foster

Davies ------------------- Edu ---------------- McCulloch/Ness

Weiss/Diouf -------------------------------------------------------------------- Fleck/Kerkar

Jelavic/Healy/Naismith

If there is more than 1 then I alternate because I cant decide.

SPL

Sitting top after 13 games on 30 points. Beat Celtic 3-2 at the piggory in the opening Old Firm game before knocking them out the League Cup at Ibrox 3 days later. They are currently in 5th on 19pts but with 2 games in hand. Dundee Utd are currently in 2nd on 24pts but have 2 games in hand as well. Naismith and Diouf are currently joint top goalscorers on 4 a piece. Jelavic got his first goal against the tic and I am hoping he will now start banging them. Healy was having a good run before he got injured. Kerkar has been playing surprisingly well and has got a few goals. Wylde has played a left back and done a good job, he also scored the winner in the old firm game when he came of the bench with 5 mins to go and scored whilst playing on the right wing.

Champions League

Got Barcelona, Shakter and Buraspor.

After 4 games...

Barcelona on 10

Rangers on 7

Shakter on 5

Buraspor on 0

Rangers 1 - 1 Shakter

Barcelona 4 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 3 - 0 Buraspor

Buraspor 0 - 1 Rangers

Things going well in Europe. Got a hiding at the Nou Camp as was expected but hoping for a good result away to Shakter to qualify.

So things going well. Got no transfer money at the start of the season as expected however the board have just given me £5 million to spend in January so looking for a left back, defensive mid and possibly David Goodwille.

Note: I decided to edit Alastair Johnston's values in the editor in order to make the club of for sale as per the current situation in real life. John Greig was the favourite to take over the chairmanship however that fell through and no further offers for the club have come in.

Lets see what the New Year brings as we go for the treble.... Neil Lennon, nae danger.

Something is going wrong if Jelavic is not scoring for you, how do you play him?

I find that Jelavic takes sometime to settle. Give him 6 months or so and he starts banging them in.

Note: This was before 11.3

Inspired by yesterday's fantastic cup win over the mhanky mhob, im going to start a new game with The Rangers tonight lads. I have not played as Rangers yet, as i always play this save when the last patch comes out.

Has anyone got any tips on formation, players, signings etc?

Inspired by yesterday's fantastic cup win over the mhanky mhob, im going to start a new game with The Rangers tonight lads. I have not played as Rangers yet, as i always play this save when the last patch comes out.

Has anyone got any tips on formation, players, signings etc?

In my first season I won the treble with this line-up:-

---------------------------McGregor

Whittaker------Bougherra-------Weir----Papac

-----------------------Edu/McCulloch

--------------------Davis--------Ness

Weiss/Diouf------------------------------Naismith

--------------------------Jelavic

I had the full backs on automatic, Davis on advanced playmaker attack, Ness on box to box support, Weiss/Diouf as wingers attack, Naismith as inside forward attack and Jelavic target man attack. This is the best formation I’ve found anyway. I started 3 saves before this one and tried plain old 4-4-2 which didn’t work. Also tried 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-3-2 but couldn’t get any success at all. Didn’t even get to December with those formations.

As for signings, I would highly recommend signing Tom Cairney from Hull. I played him in same position as Ness and he turns out great. Got him for only £2 million as well. Also Joe Mattock is a good replacement for Papac should you decide to let him go at the end of the first season like I did. Mattock only cost me £1 million.

How far into the game have people kept the current crop of youngsters? Guys like Ness, Hutton and Wylde? How good do they get? I had Ness into my 3rd season and whilst his stats where not spectacular he was more that capable of getting a game against SPL competition and proved good back up for the CL.

What are other peoples feelings/experiences?

How far into the game have people kept the current crop of youngsters? Guys like Ness, Hutton and Wylde? How good do they get? I had Ness into my 3rd season and whilst his stats where not spectacular he was more that capable of getting a game against SPL competition and proved good back up for the CL.

I got to season 2014/15 and chucked it coz i got bored. Ness, Hutton and Wylde's stats did increase during those years but as you say they don't turn out to be spectacular so i wouldn't regard any as first team regulars but they can do a good job when called upon.

Ness for me got very good, sadly in season 2015 he would not budge from wage demands of 39k per week on new contract, sold him to Aston Villa for 10m + 10% of next transfer fee.

I still have Wylde and Hutton in first team squad, hutton hasnt improved much but Wylde gets sub appearances quite often.

Ness for me got very good, sadly in season 2015 he would not budge from wage demands of 39k per week on new contract, sold him to Aston Villa for 10m + 10% of next transfer fee.

I still have Wylde and Hutton in first team squad, hutton hasnt improved much but Wylde gets sub appearances quite often.

Just completed up to the first transfer window. Won first three games, top of the league, looking pretty. I will post in more detail with screens at end of January.

Cant wait to see how good Ness, Hutton and Wylde are not only in FM12 but in real life, they are the future of our club, fantastic young players, especially Ness imo.

Hey guys, started a new game with 11.3, doing well so far, played 7 won 7. Here's my starting lineup for the 2010-11 season, brought in a few players I found, really decent youngsters on the cheap, I recommend to any people playing as Rangers.

lineup2011.jpg

201011transfers.jpg

Here is Georgi Milanov He can be bought for £250k from Litex, a great bargain, just sits behind the front 2 strikers, got him set to run with ball and all that, cracking player.

Taufic Guarch is a good player too, only 18 with decent stats, costs £1.4m

Mirko Barocelli can be bought for around £250k-350k from each of his co-owned clubs, 18 years old and is natural in AML AMR and ST, great back up, hope he improves.

Luis Prazeres is a Regen from some Portuguese club.

Got some money left over so might spend it in January, see how were doing. Will update after January transfer window.

started season 2 after finishing a point off dundee utd to be 2nd and Euro cup. transfers as of the start of august are looking good:

michael owen(ok injured in friendly though)

woodgate ( injured in friendly also but ok)

mark van bommel( good and scored in ec qualifier all above free)

kyle bartley(£1.4m great business great player and superb player ratings had, extremely few poor ratings in season 1)

marcus berg (£3.2m just signed as he was transfer listed)

a midfielder a few young guys cant remember names though

and out : jelavic to valencia £3.6m and boogie to a team cant remember who though for £5m as was on £54kpw with lukaku(keeping)

just beat malmo FF 4-2 at home inqualifier: bartley headed off player for own goal, lukaku netted two and van bommel scoreda good classy finished goal. vs malmo FF team was ::

mcgregor

broadfoot bartley bassong wylde

luke white ( young guy)signed for £500k i think

naismith davis van bommel kelvin etuhu

lukaku great on his own up front up top

other guys young signedwere pettrick rathsuiba or sonething like thatand a 20yr old free agent who msy be dutch and isanattacking mid and otherds are dm or mc

I have now completed 6 seasons, mixed bag of results so far. Made the semi of the Champions League twice, first time by total luck in third season then got put out on away goals by Arsenal which was harsh. Then last season (6th) played wonderful football and met Barca in the semis. Got taught a lesson and sent home with a 7-4 aggregate loss.

Won the league every year, only a close run two years out of six, the rest were a canter! Lenny is still picking up a wage in the East End despite not winning anything except the odd cup when I've not managed to win one. Think I've had 3 trebles. End of last season changed from Favoured Personel to Icon. Going to try to make it to legend.

Tactics - started with a 4-1-3-2 formation the first two seasons which served me well. Changed to a 4-4-2 after that when I had more confidence in my players. Have pursued a youth policy due to financial constraints, signed best possible scouts and sent them off to find players under 18 with worldwide roaming. Slim pickings a lot of the time but a few gems in there. Good to see the players develop over time, usually 3 seasons to see a huge difference but playing them from the start. Most players in the team are regens except Wojerouski of arsenal and Cardozo (signed 7th season at 33 but is amazing!), weiss, fleck, McCarthy and a couple of others.

Best advice in first couple of seasons is set player search filter to asking price = 0 and see what you can get. Ritchie De Laet and Simon Cox both bought for £0 in the first season and were outstanding.

Club debt is now at £14M, stadium 64,000 capacity and John Greig bought the club last season. My main aim is to improve the SPL ranking to see how the TV revenue etc increases. Rangers are ranked 7th in Europe. SPL has moved up to 12th or so, 6th for leagues but still no noticeable change (keep meaning to write down how much I get at the start of each season to track the changes. Think it always stays around £800K, if anyone could post the figures would be great).

So um... started a new career with the 11.3 and doing great so far... 15th Dec.

clear in the league by 5 points and a game in hand.

Progressing in the league cup.

Made last 16 of CL thanks to Lyon drawing 4 games and Bayern slipping up at Ibrox (finished top woooo).

players out:

Weiss

Diouf

Foster

All had their loans cancelled, only Bartley remains.

Players in:

Alfred N'Diaye on Loan from AS Nancy (900k)

Isco from Valencia for 400k

Connor Wickham from Ipswich for 3m

All doing well considering my expectations of them (particularly Isco).

Usual Team:

McGregor

Whittacker-Bartley-Bougherra-Papac

N'Diaye

Davis-Edu

Naismith-Jelavic-Lafferty

So the interesting thing is.... Balotteli got released from City for free at the start of December, i figured i might as well try and have a pop.... he just accepted my offer (87k a month, but a big agent fee).

So the 24.5m striker is now in my team for a grand total of nothing....

I have not read the forums since 11.3 came out so maybe this is a common thing (like the Bojan bug of FM9 or was it 8?) but whatever it is... i get the feeling my strike force is going to net a few goals in the 2nd half of the season.

Was thinking about starting a season with rangers patch 3.1 just wondering if there any takeover nonsence in place or does it just run as normal ? like no transfer bans n stuff ?

There are no transfer bans as such but you start the season with no money but you will have money to spend in January.

As for takeover issues, in my save i got taken over in my second season.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone ever play Salim Kerkar? I play him as back up to Fleck on the left inside forward role. 11(6) appearances 2 goals 1 assist 1 MOM and Avg Rat 6.94.

Nothing spectacular but steady enough for the SPL. I have never played him before but on my new save I was forced too and he has been alright.

Has anyone else given him a chance?

4 seasons in i have not found a decent lcm , i have tried charlie adam,borja valero,john fleck,erikksen,milner, still winning trophies though just started the 4th season won 3 leagues 2 scottish cups and 3 league cups including an impressive treble, also got to the champions league last 16 every season, got lyon in this last 16 hopfully i can put them out :)

Fleck First Season,

26 games 4 goals 6 assists 4 mom avrage rating 7.08

Season 2

21 games 4 goals 4 assists 1 mom avrage rating 7.04

Season 3

29 games 7 goals 5 assists 1 mom avrage rating 7.12

Current Season

12 games 0 goals 2 assists 0 mom avrage rating 6.93

Thats Me Playing Him In The Middle

I Never Playe Kerkar I Actually Hate The Guy, I Just Used Wylde For The First Couple Of Seasons As Back Up To Zeman

For ages i could never get interested in a save for the long term so i decided to do things a bit differently this time...

Only sign under 21 players, limit myself to players under £4m unless i find an exceptional player (in past saves i tend to do something stupid and buy players for 16m when i should not have paid half that).

So im now in my 7th season.

2010/11

Won SPL

Won Scottish Cup

Won League Cup

Put out of CL quarter finals by Barcelona 4-2 on agg.

Team:

McGregor

Whittaker-Bougherra-Bartley-Papac

McCulloch

Isco-Davis

Naismith-Jelavic-Fleck

Top scorers Jelavic with 27, Fleck with 21, Naismith with 17

--------------------------------

2011/12 season

Won SPL

Won League Cup

Put out of CL quarter finals by Arsenal 3-0

Team:

Ospina

Whittaker-Bartley-Bougherra-Papac

Nkoulou

McCulloch-Davis

Naismith-Jelavic-Wickham

Top Scorers: Naismith with 28, Jelavic with 18, Bartley & Bougy with 11 each.

2012/13 season

Won SPL

Won League Cup

Won CL 3-0 against Arsenal

Team:

Ospina

Gunter-Bartley-Situ-Carlos

Nkoulou

Cairney-Davis

Naismith-Jelavic-Wickham

Top Scorers: Jelavic with 28, Naismith with 18, Wickham with 16

2013/14 season

Won SPL

Won Scottish Cup

Won League Cup

Won Supercup against Everton 1-0

Won Club World Championship 3-0 against Chivas

Put out of CL semi final by At. Madrid 4-3

Team:

Ospina

Gunter-Bartley-Situ-Holloway

Lorran

Cairney-Davis

Alcacer-Jelavic-Fleck

Top Scorers: Fleck with 22, Jelavic with 20, Bartley with 16

-------------------------------

2014/15 season

Won SPL

Won Scottish Cup

Won League Cup

Put out of CL semi final by Barcelona 2-0

Team:

Ospina

Jebbour-Bartley-Holloway-Carlos

Situ

Cairney-Davis

Cunha-Jelavic-Stanescu

Top Scorers: Jelavic with 24, Stanescu with 15, Holloway with 12

-----------------------------------

2015/16 season

Won SPL

Won Scottish Cup

Won League Cup

Won CL final against At. Madrid 4-2

Team:

Ospina

Lovell-Bartley-Holloway-Carlos

Situ

Cairney-Davis

Cunha-Kinder-Stanescu

Top Scorers: Kinder with 35, Cunha with 30, Stanescu with 27

Thats pretty much up to date, now in December in my 7th season and strolling the SPL (St. Mirren now effectively repalced Celtic as #2 in Scotland thanks to a tycoon takeover, and signing a lot of ex England players like Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole, Terry).

The oldest guy in my squad is Steven Davis at 31 years old.

The club is now ranked #2 in Europe (projected #1 next year replacing Arsenal),

Its worth £107m, John Greig led a takover a couple of seasons ago but done nothing cash wise other than Expand the stadium to 64,000.

Bartley and Davis are on the Clubs legends list with 507 appearances between them.

I and Naismith are on the icons list (Jelavic was too, but seems to have vanished).

I also took the Scotland job when Levein was sacked and its proving to be really fun, giving caps to the younger generation... albeit mostly my players as i am hoovering up any good Scots that emerge.

Scotland 3-0 Bosnia & Herz. A

Scotland 5-2 Albania H

Scotland 2-1 Switzerland A

I use mr houghs 4-1-2-3 tactics,

Very attacking

Normal creativity

Short passing

Slow Tempo

Narrow width

Closing down in own half

Rarely time waste

Normal defensive line

Normal tackling

Really works wonders for both club and country, catches a lot of teams on counter attacks if you have fast enough strikers.

As for the SPL:

It dropped down to about the high 20's in terms of reputation but its been steadily climbing for the last few seasons and is now the 10th best competition in Europe

1. EPL 4.5*

2. Liga BBVA 4.5*

3. Serie A 4*

4. Ligue 1 4*

5. German First Div 4*

6. Russian premier 3.5*

7. FA cup 3.5*

8. Eredivisie 3.5*

9. Liga Zon Sagres 3.5*

10. SPL 3.5*

11. Turkish PL 3*

12. French cup 3*

13. Ukrainian PL 3*

14. Scottish Cup 3*

15. Belgian pro league 3*

Teams like St. Mirren, Dundee Utd, Hearts are all signing a lot better players (about on part with what the OF can sign at the start of the game).

Prize money is still nothing to scream about (about 3m for winning, and 1m for tv rights) but thanks to better ranking you get automatic CL group games so thats another 6-12m per year depending on how well you do.

The biggest change in terms of cash is that your ticket prices and season tickets increase the better you do.

You start off around £23 a ticket and about 330 ish for a ST, now my prices are £31.50 a ticket and £504 a ST with a 64,000 capacity stadium... meaning roughly 40,000 ST holders a season so thats a tidy £20m a year in ST money alone never mind the 15-24k other tickets you sell per home game.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived