FM11 Official Rangers FC Thread - Here we go 3 in a row!

safcrhys

Time for an update from the 6th of February 2013.

Its been a bit hectic this season, we faltered a little bit at the begining and I believe it was down to a lack of pre season friendlies, we only played 3 games this year instead of the 5/6 that we normally play because I felt the boys deserved a longer break after winning the Europa League and also because we had the Super Cup against Real Madrid.

Anyway, Hearts and Dundee United made the early running but we have slowly reeled them in and got back in front so as of 6/2/13 we are top and 11 points clear of Hearts with Celtic a further point behind and Dundee United 3 points behind them.

Played 25, Won 20, Drawn 2 and Lost 3 (0-1 away to Hearts, 1-2 at home to Hearts and 0-3 away to Celtic).

Transfers

OUT

A.McGregor - FREE - Released as he was mumping and moaning about not playing, being treated unfairly, not turning up to training and generally being a pain in the arse. Contract was up this year anyway.

J.Goncalves - £1.3m - Espanyol - Unhappy at playing second fiddle to Wilson and Taylor, I have good cover anyway.

P.Deggen - £500,000 - Portsmouth - Didnt break into the team, when he did play he was mince.

S.Bamba - £525,000 - Villareal - Its been a defensive clearout here, Bamba was annoying Wilson and Taylor and they are the main men so he had to go.

IN

I.Crespo - £3.4m - Deportivo - A newgen DM/MC who at 16 is already in the squad and making subs appearances.

V.Weiss - £4.4m - Man City - After 2 successful loan spells he is back for good. He sacked his agent so I moved in and he was delighted to accept.

G.Kakuta - FREE - Chelsea - Was listed at £0 so thought it would be rude not to make a bid, he actually asked for a lower salary than he was on at Chelsea, he is a favourite of mine already :p

We managed to get through the Europa League group in second place after another slow start, have drawn Bremen in the first knockout round. Fingers crossed we can defend the trophy and become the first team since Sevilla in 06/07 to do it.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill add something to keep this thread up.

Season 2010/11 (small database, no screenies)

First transfer window:

Players out:

Maurice Edu to Porto 1.8m

V. Weiss loan terminated. (to free up wages)

Players in:

Leigh Griffiths from Dundee 775k

January Window: (got a transfer budget of 4m)

Out:

A. Shinnie to Morton 35k

Total= 1.8m

In:

Barry Douglas from Dundee Utd 775k

David Templeton from Hearts 925k

Stirling Smith from Aberdeen Free

Tom Hateley from Motherwell 875k

Antii Lahtinen from FC Lahti 200k

Total= 3.6m

Kenny Miller accepted a contract with Arsenal in January.

Finished season in 1st

P38 W24 D8 L6 F68 A31 Pts 80

SLC- Lost Final Hearts 1 - Rangers 0

Scots Cup - Lost Semi-final Celtic 2 - Rangers 1

ECC- Grouped with R.Madrid, Bayern and Sparta Prague. came 3rd with 6pts and 1 victory.

Euro Cup- 1st Knockout Round Beat AJ Auxerre 5-3 agg

2nd Round beat Getafe 4-2 agg

QFinal beat Liverpool 4-2 (3-0 win at Ibrox surprised me)

SFinal lost to Man City 2-0 agg.

Kyle Hutton was a big surprise for me last season. Played very well whenever he was on the pitch, strangely scoring a lot from long range despite having low attributes for long shots. Aston Villa tried to buy him and hes now worth 800k.

Well done on reaching the Europa League Semis in season 1 Shaftman, what a result against the scouse!

Time for an end of season update.

In game date – 18 May 2013

Another year, another SPL Championship, taking us to 2 in a row and 4 out of the last 5. Add that to the rest of our accolades this year and its a pretty packed trophy room at Ibrox, somebody might have to move the bike!

To recap, my trophy record is as follows.

SPL Championship – 2011/12, 2012/13

Scottish League Cup – 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13

Scottish Cup – 2011/12

Europa League – 2011/12

European Super Cup – 2012/13

There will, however, be not be back to back Europa Leagues as our journey was ended in the Semi Finals by a very, very strong Palermo (3-0 away and 1-2 at home). In the Quarter Finals we had Wolfsburg and the home leg was a dull 0-0 draw, into the away leg and we were 2-1 down in the 94th minute (despite there only being 3 mins of stoppage time) when Romelu Lukaku unleashed a ferocious 35 yarder into the postage stamp of the goal with the last kick of the ball. I think my flatmate thought I was loosing the plot when I celebrated with a Klinsman-esk dive down the hallway!

The SPL finished like this...

Rangers – 90

Celtic – 78

Dundee United – 68

Hearts – 65

Motherwell – 54

St Johnstone – 49

St Mirren – 50

Falkirk – 50

Aberdeen – 46

Inverness – 31

Hamilton – 30

Hibs - 20

So a shocking season for both Hibs and last years runners up Aberdeen who were well off the pace, not even getting into the top half this year. A return to form for Celtic as they also clinched the Scottish Cup, beating us 1-0 in the final as revenge for the 2-0 beating we gave them in the league cup final earlier in the year.

Big teams have been sniffing around a few of my players, namely Danny Wilson (Chelsea, Leverkusen), Tom Cairney (Tottenham) and David Bentley (Everton, Wolves) so it will be interesting to see how the summer window pans out. The good news, from my point of view is that I have secured Romelu Lukaku (£46,500pw), Steven Taylor (£19,750pw) and Alex Smithies (£11,000pw) on long term (2018) contracts so that should keep anyone away from my two brightest prospects or at least guarantee a huge payday if they do leave.

Danny Wilsons contract only has 12 months to run and his agent wont talk so he may have to be punted over the summer, I would rather not though.

Next update will be the start of next season.

Ok lads. About to start a career here as I'm doing a journeyman career but I chose to start at a club from the start and from the random club selection process on the game I got Rangers. So any advice would be liked! I will only be here until I win some trophies then time for me to move!

Start of season update.

In game date – 22 September 2013

Over the summer a number of clubs were interested in key players however we managed to hold on to the majority of them although there was one departure that was almost painful.

However, countering that departure the transfer system threw some bargains my way and some of the best free transfers I've ever seen in FM.

Transfer Update

OUT

H.Ben Arfa - £3.6m – Tottenham – Was upset about not playing regularly.

D.Wilson - £9m – Arsenal – Gutted, but with only 12 months on his contract it was inevitable.

J.McArthur - £1.8m – Leverkusen – Another who was not playing and with some of the arrivals he had to make way.

G.Assulin – FREE – Had made zero improvement since he was signed.

IN

S.Defour – FREE – Standard – Good DM, especially on a free.

A.Driver – FREE – Hearts – AML, good Scottish player.

P.Robinson – FREE – Back up to Smithies in goal.

F.Lampard – FREE – May be 35 but he still has it.

D.Sturrage – FREE – released by Chelsea and provides back up in attack.

F.Gago – FREE – Makes signing Defour seem like a mistake.

M.Richards – FREE – Snared from Man City to replace Wilson.

E.Dzeko – FREE – Couldnt believe he was on a free, offered him the earth and he eventually agreed

A.Milevski – FREE – Another free, another striker, best strikeforce in the world now?

L.Nyatanga – FREE – Cover for the DC's.

So my teamsheet now looks like this (playing a 442 with the left mid dropping into a DMC)

GK – A.Smithies - Eng

DL – S.Poulson - Den

DR – A.Hutton - Sco

DC – S.Taylor - Eng

DC – M.Richards - Eng

DMC – F.Gago - Arg

MC – F.Lampard - Eng

ML – J.Fleck - Sco

MR – V.Weiss - Slo

FC – R.Lukaku - Bel

FC – E.Dzeko - Bos

SUB – P.Robinson - Eng

SUB – R.De Laet - Bel

SUB – S.Defour - Bel

SUB – I.Crespo - Spa

SUB – G.Kakuta - Fra

SUB – A.Milevski - Ukr

SUB – K.Whyte – Sco

A nice multinational mix there, the players who have not made the first string squad include...

L.Nyatanga – Wal

S.Whitaker – Sco

T.Cairney – Sco

S.Wright-Phillips – Eng

D.Bently – Eng

A.Driver – Sco

N.Anelka – Fra

S.Naismith – Sco

D.Sturrage – Eng

L.Griffiths – Sco

And just typing that has made me realise I should really try and punt some of these players in the next window as there is a lot of wages not even in the playing squad. Also noticed I have half the England team there as well!

Champions League drew me in a group with...

Juventus

Lyon

AIK Athens

Have just beat AIK 0-5 away so fingers crossed I can get out the group. The SPL is now ranked number 13 in the competitions list.

Next update should be at the end of January, although I have GT5 now so things might start to slow down...

A few of you guys are doing very well with the gers and I thought I'd post a wee update of my 1st season so far.

Currently in mid January about 22 games into the season iirc and sitting 10pts clear ahead of Celtic with 17 wins 4 draws and 1 defeat. Hearts are only 1pt behind Celtic in third with Hibernian and Dundee Utd a little further behind. My only defeat came at the hands to our rivals 1-0 at Celtic park, a missed pen and a goal chopped off for offside left a bitter taste but we won the new yaer 1-0 and it should've been a lot more tbh.

As for Europe, I got Ac Milan, Benfica and Lech Poznan in the group. Took 1pt from Milan, 0pts from Benfica and 6pts from Lech. Drew 0-0 at home to Milan in the first game, beat Lech away 2-0, got beat 1-0 twice off Benfica, beat Lech 5-2 at home and then got beat 2-0 off Milan at the san siro. I still had a chance to go through going into the final game against Milan but after Webster got sent off 14 mins in it was always going to be a big ask, Juventus next up in The Europa League.

TRANSFERS SUMMER

Enzo Maresca-free

Nlundulu-free

Lee Sawyer-free

and few youngsters on low wage

TRANSFERS JAN

Petter Vaagen Moen-free

Egidio Arevalo Rios-free

Conor Ramsay- complicated purchase that adds up to 1.5 milklion after appearances etc

Lee Wallace- same as Ramsay but about 2 million

Garry O'connor-free

Also some young German midfielder came in for 20k from Levantes B side and looks like a good prospect, Pablo or something hes called

Maresca in particular has impressed but too early too say regarding the January transfers but looking ok so far, O'connor was one I wasn't gonna bother with but at 4k a week wages I thought why not.

Still in the cups too and a lot of the team have signed new contracts inc Miller on same wages.

Sorry for the vagueness in some parts but I'm at work bored just now without access to FM.

Well just started the season and played 3 games so far. In the SPL I have played Kilmarnock at home who I beat 4-2. Then again at home I played St. Johnstone and won 3-1. After that I played Hamilton Academical away at New Douglas Park and won 1-0 in what was a tough game! I have got Auxerre in the Uefa Champions League next away from home so that will be tough! In my group the other 2 teams are Valencia and AC Milan so a tough group. In the summer I brought in Rivaldo and Mauro Milano a midfielder who is class. I also sold Steven Davis and Papac.

January window just closed ,time for an update

Ins n outs

transfers.jpg

Initially tried to keep the current squad together .

No money for transfers and little for wages in first window

Now cantt get rid of Beattie ,Broadfoot ,Weir in January

Brought O'Connor (6 goals in 22 ,most as sub) in as i thought id cash in on Miller (10 in 14) then i didn't until Jan thought i could change his mind.wanted £40k+ from me. took £26K at liverpool ?

Got Man Utd as parent club . Reserves with the likes of Obertan,macheda ,Ji sung etc............

.........I got De Laet.( 2 sub appearances so far )

Sitting top with a 10 pt lead over celtic

they best me 1-2 at their place

more than made up for it a Ibrox

7-0.jpg

18 unbeaten and thought id develped a tactic worth uploading

......Lost to hearts 0-3 and also out of cup semi 1-2 Hibs

Got Bruges in Euro Cup Knockout after a poor show in CL

cl.jpg

Hopefully a trophy or two at the end of season

Will keep you updated

Season 2 finished update. (still no screenies, tried faststone screencapture but it kept saying trial expired)

Transfers:

1st window:

No outgoings of importance. Weir, Velika and Alexander let go along with many useless youth.

In:

Matej Delac 18y GK on loan from Chelsea

Jack Sutherland 18y DR from ICT 150k

Jan window:

Out:

Madjid Bougherra to Aresenal 3.5m (wanted a bigger club)

In:

Alan Patrick 18yr M/AM C from Santos 5m

Hector Moreno 24yr DC from AZ 9m (most my inc transfers are small fee, +monthly)

League Cup Rangers 2 - 1 Celtic

Scots Cup Dundee Utd 1 - 3 Rangers

ECC Beat O.Lyon and Sevilla to get to semis. where Arsenal spanked me. Just scraped through the group stage in 2nd.

League. Finished 1st W27 D10 L1 F82 A24 Pts91

Celts 2nd with 71

Was doing well in ECC thought I might go places, beating OL 5-1 at home, Seville 4-0 at their place, but Arsenal were too damned good.

And now despite the good season, Davis wants away so I need to find a replacement.

ok first update on the game so far and after a poor start to the season i ended up winning the league by 5 points, had a difficult group in champs league with lyon, shaktar an cluj in the group, i finished 3rd in the group an qualified for the europa league where i knocked out villa an man city on away goals in both ties before i was knocked out myself in the quarters by feyenoord on away goals!! Lost in both cup finals to celtic, on pens in league cup an 1-0 in scots cup.

Players in:

Keith Fahey - Free

Vadim demidov - Free

Christian Fabbiani - 130k cluj

Jose Goncalves - free

Ritchie de Laet - loan

players out

Andrew Shinnie - 16k

and some youngsters on loan

SEASON 2

Started the season slowly again and the league went all the way this season with me pipping celtic to the title on goal difference, also this season i managed to win both the domestic cups making it a treble, i beat hearts 2-1 in the league cup where i played with 10men after havin a player sent off after 10 mins, beat a 10 man caley 5-2 after extra time in the scottish cup, i was confident of progressin in the champs league after drawing Liverpool, Zenit and Catania but i struggled and only just managed to scrape 3rd in the group, i got rubin kazan an euro cup an won that 5-1 on agg but lost in the next round to sevilla on away goals after lettin in a late away goal in 2nd leg.

Players in:

Leigh Griffiths - 650k

Chris Smalling - loan

James O'shea - Free

Steven Taylor - Free

Alan Hutton - 1.8m

Mahamadou Diarra - free

Kyle Naughton - 2.5m

David Murphy - loan 40k

Andres Laudrup - free(january)

Total - 5m

the deals for hutton an naughton were paid for over monthly payments

Players out:

bougherra - 5.5m

broadfoot - 575k

velicka - free

weir - free

miller 1.1m

some other youths released

total 7.25m

away to start season 3 so will keep yous updated....

You managed to get Miller to sign a new contract so you could sell him for £1.1 in season 2?

i only managed to extend his contract for a further season on 20k a week and he wouldn sign another 1yr deal so he was punted in january off 2nd season, i should have stated that in original post.

Eww, page 2. need to revive.

New save with a new rule. Aiming for Scottish players/youth only, just to make it a little more challenging. So...

Transfers Out:

Edu ->Porto 1.8m

Papac ->Monaco 900k

Bougherra ->Porto 1.8m

Miller ->Everton Free (couldnt sell for a fee)

Davis ->Porto 2m (Jan window)

Total=6.5m

Transfers In:

Lee Wallace 2.7m

Leigh Griffiths 450k

Ali Crawford 250k (sucks)

Alex Pearce 2.2m (Jan window)

Charlie Adam 2m (Jan Window)

James MacArthur 3.9m (was meant to be 2.9 but I miscounted the instalments, and didnt notice) (Jan Window)

Did the domestic Treble but League was close. I had started as 4-5-1 but by Xmas, it sucked. Switched to 4-4-2 and got back from 5th to win League, by 4 points.

As for Europe. I finished 4th in group with 1 point. :D

Season 3: I had my best start to a season an after 10 games i had a 11 point advantage over celtic, i tinkered about with my team giving young players a game throughout the season and at the end off the season i only won the league by 6 points, retained the league cup with a 4-1 win over hamilton but once again lost in the scottish cup to celtic going down 4-2 on pens after a goal less game, worst season in europe for me, struggled in the champs lg with lyon, valencia an fc timisoara in my group finished 3rd with 2 wins and a draw, so was in the europa lg once more but didn go past 1st knockout round after a dissapointing 2-1agg loss to palermo. I also had to struggle with players not getting on with others an it looks like kyle naughton will have to go with him bein more hated than wayne rooney(irl) i think!

i had a lot off transfer activity trying to reduce my wage bill and get rid off deadwood who weren good enough for club

Transfers in

Matt james - loan

Gabriel Heinze - free

Anton Ferdinand - free

Javier saviola - free

Clement Chantome - free

joe mattock - 1.7m

ruud boffin - free

adam stubbs - 750k(regen)

Craig Johnson - 140k(regen)

Raul Garcia - free

Total 2.6m

Players out:

Neil alexander - free

sasa papac - free

lee mcculloch - free

Vadim demidov - 1m

cristian fabbiani - 3.5m

Kyle lafferty - 275k(loan)

total 4.8m

Season 4 aim is to get through group stage in champs league an defend my league title

2vlqpp2.jpg

Very unimpressed with the fixture scheduling here. I get 20 away games, Celtic get 18, they get 3 home matches against us we get 1.

Still won the league by 40 points but I'm not impressed by the way the spilt worked out for me. Same happened to Hibs and Hearts got the 18 away games.

2vlqpp2.jpg

Very unimpressed with the fixture scheduling here. I get 20 away games, Celtic get 18, they get 3 home matches against us we get 1.

Still won the league by 40 points but I'm not impressed by the way the spilt worked out for me. Same happened to Hibs and Hearts got the 18 away games.

I have played away at celtic 3 times every season i've played. Just finished my 4th season. So thats 12 games away against them in the league and only 4 at home. Imagine that happening in real life.

Here's the editor data with the Old Firm in the Premiership in case any of you lot want it - http://www.mediafire.com/?zgof4x2q6xq4qp7

Just save it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data and make sure it's ticked when you start a new game. If there isn't an 'editor data' folder there then just create one.

Moved Celtic and Rangers to the Premiership, dropped Blackpool and Wolves into the Championship and moved Swansea and Cardiff to the SPL.

I'm going to start a game with Rangers in the Prem as per the editor data above - I just get really bored in the SPL every year otherwise so it'll be a good challenge. But how does this work exactly? I'm presuming Celtic and Rangers will have lost their European places from the season before? Do they effectively just become Blackpool and Wolves (with all the associated TV money?) but under a different name?

Has anyone tried this? What is it like? Please tell all!

I'm going to start a game with Rangers in the Prem as per the editor data above - I just get really bored in the SPL every year otherwise so it'll be a good challenge. But how does this work exactly? I'm presuming Celtic and Rangers will have lost their European places from the season before? Do they effectively just become Blackpool and Wolves (with all the associated TV money?) but under a different name?

Has anyone tried this? What is it like? Please tell all!

Basically all I did was change what league those six teams play in so European football, finances etc are exactly the same as they would be if you started up a normal game with them. Was tempted to take out European football for the Old Firm in the first season but decided to leave it in to make it more interesting (plus it could be a couple of seasons before the Old Firm are capable of getting into the top 4) and also to compensate for the game starting after the English TV money is dished out for the first season.

Good news is all the players valuations go up automatically as they're now playing in a better league so you can bring in a good money by selling players. Had a quick check on my game and the likes of Naismith, Lafferty and Edu are worth £4M+ (at start of game) and Broadfoot and Webster are worth £2.7M each. When your buying players you'd be as well paying for everyone over 48 months because with around £60M (40M tv money and 20M season ticket sales) guaranteed every season, and then gate receipts, merchandising etc on top of that, there's no real danger of getting in financial trouble as long as you manage to stay in the division.

Basically all I did was change what league those six teams play in so European football, finances etc are exactly the same as they would be if you started up a normal game with them. Was tempted to take out European football for the Old Firm in the first season but decided to leave it in to make it more interesting (plus it could be a couple of seasons before the Old Firm are capable of getting into the top 4) and also to compensate for the game starting after the English TV money is dished out for the first season.

Good news is all the players valuations go up automatically as they're now playing in a better league so you can bring in a good money by selling players. Had a quick check on my game and the likes of Naismith, Lafferty and Edu are worth £4M+ (at start of game) and Broadfoot and Webster are worth £2.7M each. When your buying players you'd be as well paying for everyone over 48 months because with around £60M (40M tv money and 20M season ticket sales) guaranteed every season, and then gate receipts, merchandising etc on top of that, there's no real danger of getting in financial trouble as long as you manage to stay in the division.

Nice one - you've played an absolute blinder there. Really looking forward to seeing how they both fare in the EPL.

that is really poor.

I thought this happened in FM06 or FM07 and they had sorted the issue a few versions back...... it just makes the game very unrealistic as this obviously would never happen in real life.

How come this is a problem now when it was sorted before? Can anyone from the game help with this problem?

I wonder if this is just a random problem in different seasons, it certainly potentially spoils what is a great game.

Should i try and maybe get in a few loanees if possible in the first window to beefen up the squad rather than buy if i can get money somehow ? and whats the chances of my budget going up in Nov/Jan ?

I dont bother with loanees personally, your choice entirely, just remember your youth have a few good players. Wylde, Shinnie Ness and Hutton all play well for me, even if they dont have great stats. And usually, i get around 4m budget for the January window.

Season 2 complete. Won League Cup and League. Beaten in SC at QFinal. Got to 1st KO Round in ECC. Lost 3-1 to Arsenal on agg. (1-1 at Ibrox)

Released a load of freebies and sold Jelavic to Levante for 1.5m and Lafferty to Blackpool for 1m.

Brought in George Boyd, Mark Reynolds, Calum Elliot and Steve Fairbairn (U-19)

So heres my all Jock team for 2011/12

MacGregor

Whittaker Pearce Webster Wallace

S.Naismith McArthur Adam Fleck

G.Boyd Griffiths

The team is still quite young, so i have high hopes.

Finished first season ,nearly blew 10 point lead after going on a poor run of 3 wins in 9 games .All went pear sahped after Miller left and no one stepped up.O'connor and Griffiths hitting corner flag with great regularity

Won it by 2 points on last day beating Celtic 4-1 .

Won scots cup beating Brechin 1-0 with the thanks of an own goal

Euro cup got to semis only to go out to Sampdoria 2-3 agg

O'Connor eventually came good finishing season with 18 goals

So far got Michael Woods and Craig Conway coming in on frees

Bougie wants a move s oasked for £15m . Just accepted £10.5m and hes talking contracts, im here typing cos im unsure ,want the money but dont want to lose him. Best in league and can i get a quality replacement. More to the point will they give me the money to spend ?

Im saving the game ,turning off and going to sleep on it

g'night

Finished first season ,nearly blew 10 point lead after going on a poor run of 3 wins in 9 games .All went pear sahped after Miller left and no one stepped up.O'connor and Griffiths hitting corner flag with great regularity

Won it by 2 points on last day beating Celtic 4-1 .

Won scots cup beating Brechin 1-0 with the thanks of an own goal

Euro cup got to semis only to go out to Sampdoria 2-3 agg

O'Connor eventually came good finishing season with 18 goals

So far got Michael Woods and Craig Conway coming in on frees

Bougie wants a move s oasked for £15m . Just accepted £10.5m and hes talking contracts, im here typing cos im unsure ,want the money but dont want to lose him. Best in league and can i get a quality replacement. More to the point will they give me the money to spend ?

Im saving the game ,turning off and going to sleep on it

g'night

Check the finance page to see what percentage of the transfer you'll be getting from it, if it's upwards of 60% and the 10.5M is upfront then it's probably worthwhile selling.

9isjdy.jpg

2n7gm4n.jpg

So here is my past 2 seasons transfer well the second season has only begun but those are my dealings. I have £17m in the bank but my transfer budget has been quite poor and my wage budget is over the specified limit but I think I will cope. May ask for an increase in wage budget at the January transfer window. Need to get rid of Beattie and McCulloch not worth their wage imo.

January Update

Game Date 25-Feb-2014

Everything is looking rosey at the end of February. Waaaaay ahead in the league. About to face Benfica in the first knockout round of the Champions League having progressed thanks to a last minute goal from Romelu Lukaku to draw 2-2 with Lyon and get in ahead of Juventus.

In the league its not been all plain sailing, losses include...

1-0 Vs Motherwell

0-1 Vs Aberdeen

1-2 Vs St Johnstone

However we are currently on a 14 game unbeaten run in the league.

Against Celtic we won 5-2 at Ibrox and 5-0 at Parkhead in what has to be my best result yet.

In the cups we are through to the league cup final against Dundee United however we are out of the Scottish Cup at the hands of Partick Thistle after drawing the game 1-1 at Ibrox we lost 0-1 at Firhill due to having a second string out in both games.

January transfers were very quiet with nobody leaving and only Bebe coming in on loan from our parent club Manchester United.

The league table looks pretty...

Rangers – 72

Celtic – 56

Hearts – 45

Aberdeen – 42

Dundee United – 37

St Johnstone – 36

Motherwell – 34

Falkirk – 34

Hamilton – 32

St Mirren – 31

Kilmarnock – 17

Inverness – 11

For anyone interested in the managerial merry go round the managers are as follows...

Rangers – Me

Celtic – Neil Lennon

Hearts – Jim Jefferies

Aberdeen – John Hughes

Dundee United – Peter Houston

St Johnstone – Billy Davies

Motherwell – Jimmy Calderwood

Falkirk – Steven Pressley

Hamilton – Bobby Williamson

St Mirren – Jim McIntyre

Kilmarnock – Derek McInnes

Inverness – Gus MacPherson

Surprised that Lennon has kept his job despite not winning the league for so long. Good to see Hearts are not sacking people left right and centre as well.

For what its worth, after their shock relegation last year Hibs are 2nd in Division 1, 4 points behind Dundee and are managed by Mark McGhee.

Thats all for now, next update at the end of the season.

Great season for me

rangersvchelseainformat.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Despite that, MacArthur wants away, and since theres no good Scots around as yet, Ive allowed a 3 foreigner rule, as long as buy them as youths.

No major transfers last season.

Well done mate. That's my goal to try win the champions league. What formation are you using. I'm using a 4-2-2-2 formation and furthest i have got is the quarter final

Mainly, Im 4-4-2 but away from home in ECC I used 4-5-1 on counter attacking. Seemed to work, as I beat Real 2-1 at home then drew 1-1 away. An in semis I beat Inter 3-1 at home and lost just 1-0 away. So it was close but I got lucky.

Not sure if the fact Davie Moyes was managing Chelsea helped me. I dont know how well he is rated in the game.

Also I was lucky the other teams had key players missing, and CR had two awful games for Real lol.

season 4: Had a good domestic season and a fantastic european campaign, i won the league by 18 points and set a record off 102 points, lost in the league cup to alloa(played all youth players) and to dundee united in scots cup final on pens, europe was grat got arsenal, panathinikos an freiburg, this was the first time i had a group i thought i could progress from, i ended up winning the group and the highlights was a 2-0 home win against arsenal and coming back from 4-1 down away to panathikos to draw 4-4, i played fc twente in first knockout round and won 6-4 on agg, then i played rubin who i thrashed 6-2 but i eventually was knocked out in the semis after being hammerd 7-2 on agg, lost first leg 1-0 at ibrox an was destroyed in 2nd leg 3-0 down after 20mins. Grifffiths was by far my best player scoring 31 goals in 37 games, i think i might struggle to keep hold off him now, many teams are after him now.

Transfers in:

alphonse areola - 2m

xherdan shaqiri - 4.5m

darron gibson - free

denis gheorghe - 850k(regen)

vladimir weiss - free

david di biase - 100k(regen loan fee)

dimitar berbatov - free

didier drogba - free

sebastian pocognoli - 1m

Koen esser - 1.7m(regen)

bruno - free

Adriano costa - 500k(regen)

total - 10.75m

players out:

gabriel heinze - free

steven whittaker 3.6m

kyle naughton - 3.7m

keith fahey - 375k

kyle hutton - 850k

mahamadou diarra - 4.1m

nikica jelavic - 2.6m

ruud boffin - 325k

total - 15.5m

wanting to win a european trophy this season and a domestic treble, going to freshen up my squad and look for some younger players to come in

My Rangers save;

Currently top with 8 points over Hearts, 11 over Celtic with a game in hand,

Next 4 fixtures (January) ;

Ger - Celtic

Celtic - Ger

Celtic - Ger

Ger - Celtic

3 league games and a cup quarter/semi (unsure as at work)

Europe,

Barcelona (H) 0-1

Bremen (A) 3-3

Bursaspor (H) 1-0

Bursaspor (A) 0-1

Barcelona (A) 2-0

Bremen (H) 2-1

Finished 2nd on 10points now to play Marseille in the 2nd round. Hoping/expecting to progress.

Fleck is amazing.

Ins;

Pires - Free

Assuilin - Free

No one else bought, no one sold. Really enjoying it. :D

Past 2 games I have put him upfront, well the Dynamo Kiev result he was subbed on. He has scored 3 goals in 2 games for me at the moment. He seems to be quite good as an advanced forward. He has some annoyingly optimistic pot shots from 35 yard plus it infuriates me.

Doing ok with my Rangers game so far despite not playing FM for about 8 years.

So far have won the SPL 3 times, Scottish cup twice, League Cup one and made the last 16 in the CL 3 times (although i always get brutally hammered by a European Giant at this stage).

Couple of months into my 4th season and McGregor has gone all grumpy and is demanding a move. Have agreed a deal with Monaco for him to move in the Jan window.

Anybody have any suggestions for a replacement goalie at this stage in the game?

Have a couple of young goalies with potential but neither are going to cut it as a #1.

------------ Lukaku -------- Griffiths -----------

Fleck ------------------------------------- Naismith

------------ Anderson --- Gago ------------------

Robinson -- Croft--- Woodgate -- Whittaker

-------------------- McGregor ------------------------

Guys I need help, my team is a shambles when I come to play any team with a HINT of attacking quality, and it's making me tear my f%&*"g hair out, sorry for my french.

To start with here are my usual XI, although I usually get a new injury every match, but whatever.

----------------------McGregor------------------------

Whittaker------Weir------Bougherra------Papac

-------------------Davis---------Edu-----------------

Weiss------------------------------------Naismith

---------------Jelavic-----------Fleck---------------

Have been alternating Fleck and Naismith to no avail, beattie is *****, Lafferty is laughably injury prone, I dont think he's played a full 90 for me yet. I'm currently 6th in the league after 10 games, with 15 points and 10 goals scored, while the tims are sitting pretty with 30 goals scored.. 5 of which were scored into me and that sent me straight here to do some angry typing and hope I can get something sorted.

My top scorers are Jelavic with 6, Stevie Davis has 6, Miller (who hates me incidently) has 5, that's counting from the very start.

I have been looking to offload Beattie and Miller but no joy, so I have absolutely nothing to play with, being only 4k under my wage budget. The board are useless, they dont want to find a feeder club so I can loan some youngsters out, and they dont want to find a parent club either, it's a pain in the ass. Fleck has been a breath of fresh air as has Davis, but my team just can't get going and I don't know why.

If you guys know anything I should switch around or want any more details, just let me know, looking forward to these much needed replies. Ta :)

**EDIT** Just started an SPL match with Hibs, they went 1-0 up in the 2nd minute, then 2-0 up in the 7th, this is beyond a joke.

Parky : Similar line up and formation as myself bar webster for weir (way too slow for my liking ) and miller for fleck.

How are you approaching games tactically ? ie rigid , balanced, fluid . Attacking ,defenisive etc

Are you encouraging to keep morale up or bollocking em ?

Had a similar game with leeds on fm10 where it went garbage couldnt explain why. Went back to basics ,nowt fancy ,played very rigid and defensively, encouraged alot to get morale up and it surprisingly worked .took some major scalps along the way

Miller was great for me and and really missed him when i let him go in JAN window

Lafferty always injured for me forget him and ofload for decent money end of season

money wise i had nothing to play with but If i remember correct asked for more cash around November and got about 3mil

Parent clubs waste of time for me Got chelsea and Man utd (2 clubs is that normal ???)and they still want major cash and full wages for loans if i asked

Im no expert on tactics ,just been playing a long time .Hope this helps in some way

ps if you do play webster, wait for the sendings off every 3 games !

@PARKY ASC. I think you need a replacement for Weir, I got Scott Dann offered to me on a free from Birmingham and was my best Cb for a few seasons, he left on a free after refusing to sign a new deal though so you'd need to watch out for that. Also I'd look to bring in a decent young keeper to replace McGregor, you should be able to get Areola at a decent price in the first season.

Archived